Mental health

How can I get back into lifting Veeky Forums? I don't want depression to get the best of me, I haven't gone to the gym in 8 months.

Can I make myself angry as motivation somehow?Or is it more getting back into a routine slowly?

Anger is a poor motivator despite what most of these clowns will tell you. Get into a routine and force yourself to keep going. It'll make you happier to get Veeky Forums, that should motivation enough.

I am a

>30 years old
>manlet
>hermit
>shut-in
>high-school drop out
>never had a job
>friendless
>handholdless
>hugless
>kissless
>virgin
>always lived with parents

and I lift 6 days a week, and have for the last 5+ years.

lifting is prob the only thing stopping me from ya know what.

anger gives motivation without purpose

There's no need to. You are not alive.

just go to the gym and don't do anything. bring a book and chill for half an hour. it sounds dumb but it will ease you into the habit of going to the gym on a regular schedule and then you can start doing actual workouts when you feel ready.

maybe if you spent half as much time trying to get a job as you do lifting you'd get somewhere in life

Anger is a bad motivator
Routine is better initially to get the ball rolling

got it

Thanks for the advice, bumping for more

>There's no need to. You are not alive.

You are memeing but I know this already, and I accept it.

may has well take some risks and try to change, not like you've got much to lose.

The only negative you listed was being a manlet, though that is the worst thing someone can be. Someone's got to be below average or the concept of averages wouldn't exist. Think of yourself as Jesus, sacrificing your height so others may grow tall.

Maybe you should revisit killing yourself as a viable option

There is no trick, you just go to the gym and start doing somethin again, doesn't even matter what. Eventually things start snowballing in a positive fashion.

Been there. One day I woke up, decided I'd had enough, and got back to it.

The iron was waiting. It was good to get back to it. It'll feel good. Go on. You're going to make it, bro.

Literally just go
JUST GO
Motivation is a false angel, you need discipline. Without discipline what do we really have? Whats the point of trying if you're not going to finish?
Just go to the fucking gym you shit

I forced myself to eat well and lift erryday during my brutal depression and anxiety because I figured if I'm going to suffer, I might as well make an effort to get Veeky Forums so when I get out of it, I'll be Veeky Forums.

Turns out a year later I am managing to get out of it, been feeling so much better since I've made some big life choices and have done everything from counseling to regulating my sleep so I haven't had to try meds, and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Imagine coming out of that shit AND being fucking fit.

Force yourself to go. I would go and watch speedruns on my phone between sets because speedruns helped with my anxiety for some reason. When I got home, I'd cry for a half hour from the stress of being at the gym.

But it was worth it. Don't care how gay it sounds.

Have you ever tried a water fast? I've just come out of a 6 day fast and my mental state is 100 times better than before. Best part is all you have to do is not eat food which is easy when you're a depressed piece of shit.

I just dont know what I want Veeky Forums on days where I have free time I never do anything productive it is just an endless cycle of being on Veeky Forums or other sites and wasting away lifetime which sometimes leads me down the rabbit hole too far and makes me depressed.

I am not even sure what I want, I just cant motivate myself to do literally anything. I sometimes have plans to change that or opportunities to make it better but I dont really want to take them.

I feel like the years of being alone and fat have fucked me up to a point where I like being miserable even though there is no need for it anymore. I just got a good job, I have a degree, I have a good body, my face is decent and I dont have to be a shutin and get invited to stuff where I can meet new people. I still think deep down I just dont want to, I feel like I am at a crossroad and everything is set for me to succeed but I just cant bring myself to move forward.

have you managed to change the view of yourself ? I have changed my body, how other people perceive me and how I interact with them to some degree. but still if I am honest I havent changed the image I myself have of who and what I am.

I am not sure I agree, I think anger is an unhealthy motivator for sure but I think it is a great one. You will reach your goals because anger will push you like nothing else in life.

the problem is if you give in to your anger and it is your main motivation you can never be happy. so anger might make you successfull but it will never make you happy.

This. Aside from the manlet part that was basically me at 27; and now I have a group of friends (Veeky Forums based, there will be at least one group near you), vounteered to build up my social skills and confidence, looking into and found my passion and started training to get into a career, and go out clubbing/dancing every weel. And there is nothing wrong with living at home, not until you have reason and means not to, as most of our generation are learning. Not in this economy.