Octsober - One month no booze

Everybody's doing nofap, but why not do Octsober instead?

No beer money
No hangovers
No Uber cost
No alcohol Calories

You can go without beer for one month, can't you?

I already rarely drink and doing that during Halloween seems like a bummer

I don't drink I only dank the weed.
Also, nofap day 24 here.

lol what? I can’t go a weekend without drinking

why is everyone doing nofap btw, I mean I am doing it too but why?
also I very, very rarely drink booze, really only need that shit when I have lovesickness, but since women ignore me no problem staying sober

On the 12th, I'll be 4 months sober.

Unfortunately, of course my work will be having a Halloween party, and of course I have to be there because bullshit politics. I hate them all so goddamn much. I don't know how I'm going to make it, being the only sober one. Hoping to every God out there I have the strength.

I haven't had a beer for nearly 4 years

>drinking a beer right now
Feels comfy
I'm at uni, I can't not drink and maintain a social life, unfortunately.
There's no way i'm going to stand clubs sober, nor will I be able to overcome anxiety sober.

Beyond this period of your life drinking is pretty degenerate, but imo at this point you can't not drink and develop sufficiently socially. At least not in bongistan

Never drank a beer in my life.
Not saying this to seem "edgy" or anything, i simply feel discomfort only by the smell.
And i do nofap for 6/7 days every week...

I'm doing it until halloween

OP you ever considered AA?

You'll make it, user. It's fine to want one, but you've already decided that you won't take one even if you want it.
Congrats on four months.

I already suck with girls, you want to take away the one thing that gives me a chance at getting my dick wet?

Nice
Considered, but it hasn't had a negative impact on my life (except cost) in the last five years. Running the program sounds awful compared to just not drinking.

Finished everything in the apartment yesterday, the rest of the month is octsober for me.

>Uber
Please leave Veeky Forums.

Thanks, man. You're right. I've already made the decision not to drink. No matter how unsufferable those cunts get, I'm not going back on it.

Have strength user.

Don't drive drunk, user.

Maybe I'll take a month or ttwo off. It'll make Ginuary that much more fun

Damn lads you rely on natures poison? Hope all of you recover soon.

Well I was already planning on dropping the sauce for the rest of the year so it's no big deal.

well because it feels good kinda... try it and you will know

Does nofap count if me n my gf bang four times weekly?

12 years. Get on my level

>oktoberfest

Haven't had a drink since July 31, 2016

It's the best and hardest life change I ever did

Not being able to handle your liquor sucks

>Second day of October and have already drove drunk

>poor people

Lel

1-3 drinks (beers/shots) for men per day increases test and helps your heart.

4+ increases estrogen and is terrible for your heart.

So no.

I'm in with the option of expanding the whole thing to the rest of the year.

>having to make a big deal over not drinking for a month

OP you've got a problem, this isn't normal. You are an alcoholic.

what about for women

I've been sober since March because I have no social life. This is gonna be too easy

I actually for the first time in years haven't had any alcohol yesterday and today. I'm amazed I didn't get the DTs. Trying to quit smoking at the same time. I'm having a pretty hard time with it, to be honest, but I also don't want a fatty liver or COPD and I want to be able to feel happy again.

Well then if it's no big deal, you should find it easy to just not drink for a month.

Maybe someone will give it a try and realize how much they relied on booze motivating them to make a change.

Make it the end of sober October, and it's a special occasion

>tfw 25 years old, complete loser
>never even been to a bar in my life
>complete lightweight with alcohol, only takes me 3, maybe 4 shots to get drunk
>also get bad hangovers off of this limited amount of alcohol, frequently throw up when drink
>really don't even desire alcohol at all

Sorry m8, but my 19th birthday is in October. As a leaf, will be getting trashed on the first alcohol I've ever legally purchased myself.

I stopped drinking a bit over a year ago, i only take modafinil and preworkout. No judgement, i stopped drinking cuz im fat

Third day of no fap, already feel a slight flatline.

What about that makes any sense?
You can have intercourse, you can oral sex. It doesn't count against you.

I'll try it with you, OP. Daily and often binge drinker and it's causing me to gain a good bit of old weight back

its just him trying to humblebrag

Of all fucking months you chose Oktober?
Not gonna make it brah.

how about april no drinking? beginning of cut season so it's actually logical.

Alright I'll pledge to this and the kick off will be Halloween my plan it to drop 10 pounds this month by autistically using MyFitnessPal. Anyone else doing this I wish them luck!

I already had a sober september, so why not october too.

Sober for 5 years because I'm an alcoholic.

As a regular AA member, I think I'll be OK ;)

Bring on the no-booze gains

>24 years old and have never finished a beer

plebs

I'm a degenerate who does a lot of drugs on top of drinking so I'm going full sober off everything
Hopefully I can pull it off