Diabetes = Alzheimer's?

There is a growing body of evidence that Alzheimer's disease is type 3 diabetes. That is, obesity will not only rot your body, it'll rot your brain.

How does Veeky Forums react to this information? To me this seems like the most horrifying, and yet move effective, justification for /fph/ that I've ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpKJABZpPMI
ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredinenglandandwalesseriesdr/2015
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I work at a hospital, and the majority of Alzheimer's patients are super fucking skinny because they forget to eat. Also it's genetic, like if your parents have it, you will get it too regardless of how healthy you are.

user you are retarded

most of them at a lot of carbs or abused stimulants a lot didn't they?

>alzheimers patients dont eat and thus are skinny. This leads to alzheimers.
Please think before you post. Op clearly meant being fat leads to the disease and you talk about the aftermath.

Post sauces OP

My nan has always been really skinny and has alzheimers

No I mean, I can tell the patients were thin / inshape before and then got super skinny after (no loose skin for example).

I could see diet maybe affecting how fast it would onset, but thatd be more to do with toxins / malnutrition than obesity.

Post the studies OP

It's easily googleable. If you want something a bit more scientific then I guess that Google Scholar will fit the bill.

See

Well fat clog your muscle & blood and prevent glucose absorption , I don't see why It wouldn't clog your brain too , sounds plausible to me

Googling says something about insulin resistance in the brain.

Fellow medical care brethren, how do you find working with them? Was a lady screaming today cos the nurses were changing her bed sheets and she thought they were abducting her, sad and really fucking annoying at the same time desu

it's not alzheimer. If you eat too much sugar you end up decrepit as if you had alzheimer.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpKJABZpPMI

My granpa had his pancreas removed because of cancer and now he has non-obese diabetes. It's been 3 years and I barely recognize him anymore. He forgets everything and sometimes it's like we're speaking Chinese to him (we're not).
You might be on to something.

I feel like I should post that on /pol/.

Alzheimer's is mainly caused by environmental factors than genetic ones. As far as I'm aware there's only slight tendencies that can be caused by heriditary mutations. The most important protein, Tau isn't even mutated in AD

>it's not alzheimer
>posts a video that says that the lab thinks its alzheimer's
Sure.

maybe another day. They are too occupied with the shooting.

So how can you reverse some of the effects of alzheimers and forgetfulness.

Have you dealt with make war veteran patients when all they can remember most of the time is the hell of warthey think they are still living?

With dubs.

By finding a cure. I work in Alzheimer's research and there is no cure. It's the biggest killer here in the UK (when you split cancer into its subdivisions)

ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredinenglandandwalesseriesdr/2015

Alzheimer's is not genetic. Only the rarest forms of dementia are, but otherwise the way people get it is somewhat random. Diabetes damages cells, so it stands to reason people who have it are at higher risk. Skinny people can have diabetes, you gotta factor in modt of these people are older and/or sarcopenic.

You gotta understand a bit how the disease works and the consequences to their thinking. Quite a few people I see are high functioning, but cannot express what they want/need/would like to say. This often leads to frustration and "bad behaviour". Theres a lot of patience involved but then again the same goes for healthcare in general. Biggest thing they tell me is they love to be talked/treated on the same level, talking down on them is sorta insulting, so I always do this as a starting point then adjust as necessary.

True Alzheimer's is non curable at this point in time and you cant reverse it. Forgetfulness is a normal progress of ageing, but dementia is not and will often be accompanied by other symptoms/signs. Theres good evidence of physical training/lifting being good for them, not only for building up their strength but also maintaining the brain.

>i work in a specialized research clinic working with older adults

>It's the biggest killer here in the UK (when you split cancer into its subdivisions)
Can confirm. I'm currently reading a report which covers this, it marginally beats out heart disease, although even with cancer subdivided, lung cancer comes in at #5.

In Australia its or number 2 killer behind heart disease. Not a lot of people realize this, nor the fact that the disease is terminal. Its steadily gone up from the 4th position 10 years ago to number 2 now. For women its number 1.

Its not so bad because I'm fit so I can control them easy if they attack, but for some of the smaller nurses it can be pretty sketchy

It horrific. Horrible disease and we still can't actually determine the pathway. I work in oxidative stress which is considered to be one of the main causative factors but there's so much positive feedback in the pathway I doubt we'll ever truly be able to characterise it.

Fuck.