Veeky Forums feels

Are your lifts light today, because mine fucking aren't
>be me
>have friend with depression
> have to see him every fucking day to make sure he doesn't kill himself
>actually leave his apartment so i have to go and actually drag him out
>found a gun today there, pawned it off (kept the cash)
> every month i have to go on a trip with him to make him feel better
> can't live my life cause i'm trying to make sure he is still alive

Why are you doing this? Does he at least suck your dick?

whys your friend depressed OP? he better be one hell of a person to make you sacrifice all your time and effort for him.

my day could have been worse
>be too sick to go on a run
>be too sick to go lift
>be too sick to do anything
i hate days like these, they make me contemplate existence

No man not even a reach around
we've been buddies since middle school but man he's getting hard to deal with
he had a gf even before me man

whats his deal then? i get being friends for a long time but playing the victim to have his friend desperately try to keep him alive is some woman tier shit

he got cheated on and he's doing real shitty in art school
i don't think his mom is mentally prepared to deal with a suicidal son and i already had one friend kill himself so i don't want to go to another friends funeral

>art school
well theres your problem

>whys your friend depressed OP
>playing the victim

You don't understand depression at all.

As someone who suffers from depression, I can say I'm extremely thankful for the people in my life like you OP. I can't give you much advice on how to deal with him because I've never been on that side of it, but just remember he's not feeling this way deliberately and he probably feels guilty for bumming you out all the time.

Find time for yourself and try to develop a balance but if he's truly your friend then don't give up on him. You should tactfully recommend he see a therapist if he's legit buying guns to shoot himself.

Give a man food and hes fed for a day, blabla, teach him fishing and he eats for a lifetime etc

he sounds like a massive faggot and you should cut him out of your life

>art school
kek

I told him to see a therapist but then because I had the blues once and powered through he thinks he can do the same

As someone else with hardcore depression with huge ups and downs and suicide attemps.

I have a friend who helps me out bigtime, BUT we set boundries. i know when to fucking lay off about my depressing shit.
Dont have im coming over daily or even weekly or monthly.

And to reply to what he said to you about "powering through" He needs to shut the fuck up and go to a shrink and find stability to help him "power through"

You're a good friend, but theirs only so much you can do or even should do.

>try to record form on video
>take a picture instead

Anyone know this feel?

tell him to see a therapist and get meds from a psychiatrist

You can't fucking power through severe depression. Severe depression is almost by definition unable to be powered through without state-of-the-art medical and psychological treatment.

More like accidentally put the phone down on the side with the power button and it turns off once I completely set it down. Hate that shit.

fuck iktf right here

london

This. If he's suicidal with a clear plan of action (buying a pistol is indicative of this) and you have to drag him out of his house, it's hardcore clinical depression and needs to be hospitalized. It can save his life in many ways.

>went from an s5 to a g6 that has the button on the back

I will never know that feel again

why are you recording a dumbbell row
a gun is no big deal i had a gun too and now i'm fine
> he bought the wrong bullets which made me kek in my car

Yeah i was depressed once on those mirtazpine pills and that, i literally just realised thats its a choice and started to lift and eat well because I didnt want to feel bad, now I dont feel bad. Its almost as if its magic. Like, imagine if you could decide that feeling bad is not really that nice and you want to feel good, so you in small steps at first do something about it. WOW
And dont start about being clinically depressed is different and stuff, I stood in my room for about an hour basically not moving at all and tried to bring up the courage to kill my self but I was pussy and didnt do it. Ive been there and now Im fucking elated all day every day

OP you need to tell your buddy that he can either sit there and drown in his misery or actively do something about it, the guys leeching your energy big time, when you do occasionally see him get him out of his comfort zone but limit the amount of emotional baby sitting you do, he aint gonna learn anything from that. You dont need that stress and especially for gains, fuck that

I wish I had a friend like you when my dad died, you have doing a good work mayne, if a year goes by fuck him tho

Rip. Your friend is holding you back.
Take him out and get him laid, hire a whore to pretend shes interested in him, some girls do that shit mate. He needs his self esteem back and he doesn't know how to do that. You can alternatively start lifting weights together, its good for bonding and he will improve mentally.

I did it Veeky Forums I finally asked the cute girl in the gym for her number. I got rejected. I guess 3pl8 bench isn't enough is it time to end it all?

lol, I got rejected once to mate.
Lesson learned, don't shit where you eat lad.

OP, i think you should see a therapist, for your own sake.

pls be in london

fuck that therapy is gay as fuck
i'm thick skinned after my bullshit life

Boy i can barly get him to go to a five guys what makes you think i can take him to a prostitute
also i may be a nice guy but i'm not chad where i can ask girls to pretend to like him
I take him on trips and he likes to just chill. wants to make cartoons and shit but his arts kinda bad (i don't tell him that though)

Literally part of the game

Hitting 50% is good for me just move on to the next one

>when the masculinity is as secure as a straw house in a tornado

Get him to a doctor. Medicine is a great way to gain enough energy to start getting out of the depression. It's usually not meant to be permanent, but a helping tool.

Keep supporting him though, but seriously get him to a doctor.

>hire someone to pretend to show interest in someone who is depressed
Please never give any degree of advice ever again and lurk more until you are at least 18 years old.

I got to be the strong one
I'm like the only person i know in my group of friends whos successful
>i'm an investment banker
> he's in art school
> another one is in IT
>I think my fat friend is a NEET don't know
> the last ones is a freelance artist

Last month was pretty emotional for me
>Cousin got married
>Started a new internship
>Grandma passed away
>Uncle passed away
>Saw my dad cry for the first time
>Started eating better, so my lifts have skyrocketed over the past 4 weeks
>Got the highest average ive ever had last semester in electrical engineering

I guess the more I feel, the more weight I am able to lift. Im just not sure it was worth it.

just for a fuck mate, he will feel desirable again, he clearly hates himself.

I really enjoy these feels threads. We get to talk about what's going well in our lives and what's stressing us out.

For me, overall things are going well. But I'm having trouble getting over a girl. Usually I get over a girl in a few days but this time it's been 2 months. Hoping that I can keep distracting myself with school, work, friends, and lifting and stop feeling down about it. I'm making some progress so hopefully in a couple more months I'll be back to normal.

I think my cute flatmate (female) that I have a slight crush on is kinda avoiding me, no idea why though, it just makes me feel ugly and unwanted, really thought I could ask her for a date after I caught her staring at me but now I just feel like shit
went to the gym and destroyed some lifts though

Yeah that sounds more like you have manic depression. Depression doesn't disappear in a day it takes time. But with bipolar disorder it does.

And OP it's real nice of you that you take care of your friend keep on doing that, it will get beter over time. But it's very important that you take care of yourself firstly. You can't help him if you are feeling depressed yourself. Just tell him that in clear words when you want to take a day off. Make sure he understands that it isn't his fault or that this means you won't hangout together.
Also if his depression is really this severe you would do him, yourself and his family a favour to get his family involved The more people helping, the better. It also lightens the load on everyone.

Just an fyi to the depressed people and suckers (like me) who try their best to help:

We'll do it but if the choice is between both of us drowning and you drowning, it's going to be you.

Learn to say "No", some (not at all all) depressed people simply will not recover without professional help. And the fact is, some become such a burden to themselves and as such others that there may come a time where you say
>I have a new gf/career opportunity/family member is at death's door, but they're on the other side of the/another country. Can I accept in myself that if I leave to live my life, there is a very real possibility that they'll commit suicide?

t. Dude who moved countries and less than two days later his friend committed suicide, then 24 hours later his brother did. Their family now blames me. I don't speak to them anymore.

>Boy i can barly get him to go to a five guys what makes you think i can take him to a prostitute
That's why you look for incall and have her go to him. If he lives with his rents step up and change your sheets after.

I can guarantee if getting a positive lay doesn't improve his mood, he is probably a lost cause and beyond your ability to save. He needs professional help or a change of heart.

fuck dude don't even mention that shit
i took a vacation for a week and when i came back was when i found the gun
he talks about how i' the only one who cares about him because i'm the only one who sees him regularly

Your friend sucks and hea not the person yiu became friends with. You should get him either on the medication babysitter or ditch him once you realize hes not your fucking responsibility

I mean i could wing man him a gf but no one will wing man me a gf
>lifes screwy that way

If you can wing man him a GF what do you need a wing man for? I mean unless you're talking about punching above your weight.

Incels like that guy who live with their parents and are constantly depressed need a shot of vitality. If he spends all day at home it's probably like a mausoleum there. I'm guessing the mom is older.

I mean, you might ask him what he wants. If he's evasive you have to press. If he WANTS your help he will cave eventually. Maybe he's very proud (or stupid) and will not ask for it.

he lives alone
i can wing man for him cause he's got okay standards and is a skeleton
I have high as fuck standards and because i work out i feel entitled to 9-10/10s

>Getting high grades in EE

you still have autismw though

I feel that. A lot of the time my gf is feeling like that. I tried to get her to work out, ive tried to enjoy stuff. I don't know what to do. I may have admitted to her how I'm feeling, which might be a bad idea, but damn i'm starting to feel worse too...

>in the best shape of my life
>moving to new city in 2 weeks
>fucked 9th girl last week, almost in them double digits
>getting out of extreme depression/anxiety, for the most part enjoying each day for what it is
>being able to actually enjoy simple shit like going for a walk after a year of absolute hell is awesome
>new city has over 1000x more people then here, excited for to join a big gym and meet new grills
>will be first time living completely on my own (no landlord upstairs)
>last grill I banged was a 47 year old milf who fucked liked wild and let me cream on her tits
Generally good feels, feeling good about life, hope it keeps going up

>he lives alone
>skeleton
Yeah you should get him laid for reals.

If that doesn't work, consider a pet if he can have one. Take him to a shelter and see if he swoons. I adopted two kittens years ago and they make my empty house a lot less lonely.

>he talks about how i' the only one who cares about him because i'm the only one who sees him regularly
Careful user, I understand why they say that but they're also guilt tripping you.
It is at once both appreciation, but also them trying to embed themselves further in to your life until, if you're not careful, they'll take it over.
Funnily this is what happens in abusive relationships as well.
You must maintain a certain distance emotionally, and like said, set boundaries. Otherwise they will basically turn back in to a child and expect you to not only bear their woes, but try to fix them without they themselves actually having to do anything.
Like a fatty who wants to lose weight, there comes a point where if they don't take their own first step then you being there is, ultimately, pointless.

Be warned. The depressed can be as emotionally manipulative as anyone else...

>I may have admitted to her how I'm feeling,
>but damn i'm starting to feel worse too...
Dump her.
I'm sorry, but that's it. See my above comment. She WILL become a blackhole, all you can do is avoid her event horizon.

Bless you

My cat died today.
Longest pet I've ever had.
Cried a lot while digging his grave in my backyard.

I'm hoping my workout later will make me feel better.

Sorry bout your cat
Getting a new one?

>Their family now blames me.
That's a pure coping mechanism for the worst thing that can happen to a person, their children dying. It's shitty and objectively wrong, but the only way to keep them sane. You've shouldered an enormous burden and I have nothing but the deepest respect for that

Fuck it I’ll just tell him that I’m working on something at work and I’ll see him like 2 times a week

>>Art School

Alternative career path?

Get professional help. Cheaper and safer in the long run

Tinder REALLY kills a man confidence

>be manlet me
>fit, cute face
>hook up with this law student girl (taller than me)
>we fuck
>she doesn't want anything serious with me because I'm "too short to date and it would be weird"
>but is okay with us hooking up

Fuck. My. Life.

Ask her out user

Depends where you are, I hear that chads fight over manatees in melbourne but Id consider myself barely average in looks and I do pretty good in auckland. Did wonders for my self esteem.

Teach this Lanklet your way

Not anytime soon.

Not doing so well right now

>turning 30
>looking for direction in life

You have no obligation to other people. If they don't want to get outside help (therapy, psychiatry), that's their fault and they will reap the consequences.

Got thrust in a leadership position for a minor project with a bunch of people I don't know, for a client I don't know, in a field I barely understand, all the while I'm too autistic to make friends, let alone gain the trust and respect of a bunch of strangers who I'm supposed to lead. Engineering coop student, so the client is real, even though I'm just a student.

This is gonna be a fun year.

>Fuck it I’ll just tell him that I’m working on something at work and I’ll see him like 2 times a week
Yes. But instead, just say you're busy living your life and will HAPPILY visit him 2x pw for a couple of hours at a time.
PUT UP CLEAR NON-FLEXIBLE BOUNDARIES. Ironically, though it seems restrictive (which it is), it will actually provide them with a tiny bit of structure to build their week around. Structure is control, they need to control themselves, control of ones self is contentedness and focus in the Black Dog's maelstrom.
If he has any redeeming qualities left, he'll understand (although they tend to try to push you).
2 days of quality time you actually look forward to is better than 5 of apathetic
>"I wish I was on Veeky Forums right now..."

Also don't forget to make it clear that, since you work/have hobbies, that he can't blow up your phone every other minute of every other day.
That's what they tend to do, they'll agree to the 2x pw visit but then call incessantly because that "doesn't count".

It's fucking shit dealing with depression, on all sides. At the end of the day sometime you need to verbally slap them and ask them
>"Look who else you're pushing away. I'm here though aren't I?"

Sadly they get angry at this sort of comment, then they'll usually attack you in frustration and grief (even if they know it's not logical), they'll usually say shit like "Fine then! Leave me like everyone else! You don't care about me, you're just like everyone else!"

thanks man. I understand why, it's their coping mechanism. Still, it just shows you how quickly and viciously people can turn on you. What hurts most is that I had to force myself to stop talking to them, I very narrowly avoided falling in to a Martyr Complex. Maybe it's how I was raised, maybe it's my personality, but I feel like I need to help those in need (when I'm faced with them, so I'm also a hypocrite) and for years it was at great cost to myself.

>girl confeses to me 2nd week of school
>shes like one of the first girls to actulay like me
>week later she breaks down because she was aperently raped as a kid. says I shouldn't waste my time on her
> give her like a month of space
>she doesn't even respond to my texts and has stopped going to the club we go to.

end my suffering

Dodged a bullet desu senpai.

I had a friend like this. Looked out for him much the same way you are for over 20 years. Enough was finally enough when he snapped and yelled "FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU!!!" at me for a dumbass, nothing reason. Fuck him. Don't care what happens to him now...it was the last straw. You can't live life with a human albatross around your neck weighing your whole life down. Cut the ties and be happy, OP. Spend time with someone that appreciates it.

Better 1 year of "Oh shit nigga, what am I doing?!" then another year of learning irrelevant shit, with no work experience, and paying for the privileged.

I'd recommend doing a (good) TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, or other such English teaching program.
It will get you out and travelling, and if you don't like it you can just do something else!

honestly looking back I probably did. But it sucks because she was the first girl to confess to me. Its wierd because I can get a FWB pretty easy but I'm horrible at romance. I really only like nerdy types and tomboys

My ex was depressed. It was after her mother died from cancer that she fell into a black hole.
I know exactly how most of you here feel. It was a huge burden on me but I could never let her fight it alone.
For 2 years it went on, until eventually she left me. She knew how much of a toll it took on me and she couldnt bear the guilt anymore. She also said she relied on me so much she didnt know how to deal with stuff alone anymore. When we broke up she also told me she would probably not be alive right now if it wasnt for me.
Its 1.5 years later now and she is doing fine I guess. But Im still not. The whole thing left a big scar on me and Im still not over the fact that she didnt come back to me after she got 'better'. She told me she still loved me but being with me reminded her too much of being in that dark state of mind.

If you ever want to help a person like that, and sacrifice a part of yourself, dont expect anything in return

Some people just weren't meant for this life.
Some snap, and you should just move on. Better you save two others who actually try than one who just sucks up your time and energy.

I remember a friend beat the shit out of a homeless man who, after he was denied change, started swearing and rambling. After the incident I asked him why he seemed to have zero hesitation and after the fact remorse. He said:
>"When a normal, average person goes off you can sometimes pull them up. But once people go feral, no matter what their life dealt them, they're animals. Except real animals can't be expected to control themselves..."
He was a bouncer and ex-cop.

The extra sad thing is that Compassion Fatigue is very real. Obviously they can't understand that with such a clouded mind, but eventually you do legitimately stop caring.
You revert to a two tick system:
1) Are they helping you help themselves?
2) Are they helping themselves in small ways?

If the answer to both of those is "No", then walk away.

If it's 50/50, then try a little different things to see if it can work.

If "Yes" to both, then this person can (despite having relapses) most likely get better at coping and, while they may never be fully functioning, at least have some quality of life.

If you really liked this girl there are so many better ways you could have handled that.

Hug her...for a long time.
Tell her being raped doesn't make her any less of a person, in fact the fact that she was over it enough to attract you was a signal of her strength.
Spending time on her may indeed turn out to be a waste, but it could also be just what she needs. You won't know unless you try.

That kind of stuff.

>27
>
>keep thinking by the time im 30 ill have a career and a wife
>realize ill probably be the same person I am at 27.

Do any of you lads ever talk about your feelings, i just cant do it. feels really weak if i do

>the fact that she didnt come back to me after she got 'better'.
Classic.
It's less common amongst males, but I've noticed this every fucking time amongst women.
They'll drain you, then once they're better they leave, you having served your purpose.
Bonus: They'll still complain about getting pumped and dumped by Chad (because he has the good sense not to ever commit to something that's broken), come back to your dried husk of a soul, and try to leech what little empathy they can illicit from you again knowing that you did it once before.

Honestly, mental disorders aren't fun. But when I meet girls and they "Feel like they can finally confess" to me (and it's always "You're the first one I've told about this" kek, sure) they have issues, I just nod and treat them civilly but write of the prospect of having a relationship with them in my mind.

Mental health girls are for friends or fucking under a pseudonym only. And even then, only sometimes.

I do. Good ones and bad ones. Chicks usually dig it. Sometimes not.

kind of hard to do when she's not even responding to me anymore. Last time I saw her we watched movies and made out. then she texted me about what happened out of the blue. I think the physical stuff kind of brought back memories.

Well, I meant say those things right then...not after giving her space for a month.

>Chicks usually dig it

Maybe if they're a lesbian or attracted to numales

I understand what your saying. And generally I would agree aswell. I stay wayyyy clear of girls with 'baggage'.

But I was with her for 3 years before her mom died and she got depressed. So for me and my concious it was no option to leave

Thanks. It's something that's been in the back of my mind, but i guess i never really got the courage to just say no, i need to help myself first. I need to do this

>art school
>well theres your problem

Actually art school is a symptom of the main problem.

Faggotism.

where would I go to meet tomboys at college? I recently got shot down by one I went on a few dates with.

Thank you for posting this

No, actually. They usually REALLY like that a manly man is talking about his feelings and shit. Kind of like finding a hot chick who looks like a girly girl but is secretly a tomboy.

Best of both worlds, my friend.

Organized sports. Tons of tomboys there.

fuck i think its to late to join most sports teams. Maybe Ill see if any of the sports clubs are open.

>Do any of you lads ever talk about your feelings
Yes. But never plainly. Sadly I hide a lot and use humour as a crutch.
I go to a councillor or psychologist the same way I go to a GP. Just regular check ups.

I'm not strong enough to tell my pa yet, but I will be someday.

>she's not even responding to me anymore
Answers your question then famalam.

Time to move on. Don't pursue her, don't try to fix her or be her saviour.

Live your life as best you can and let your light warm those who choose to be near you.

But light can only go so far, and for those who see it in the night like a beacon, but never approach, then they are doomed to stay in the darkness.

Carry your light with you always, let it illuminate your way so others may, should they choose, follow.

>It's something that's been in the back of my mind,
So your body and emotions were warning you even before then...
>but i guess i never really got the courage to just say no,
No one can make you do anything, therefore the hardest person to say no to is ourselves.
>i need to help myself first.
That's it. How can you help others if you can't help yourself? That's not to say be selfish though.

>gf has been gone for 1 month into a 2 month trip
>been horny as fuck
>went out to party for a friends birthday
>didnt know one of the girls there
>she was 8.5/10, an actual model
>she's about 5'10, I'm 5'8
>have great convo with her all night and really enjoy time
>near the end in my drunken state try to make out with her
>get a kiss in but she stops it afterwards
>feel like shit for doing that to my girlfriend
God I hate being like this.

Why was she gone for a month?

Does anyone else think, "once this is done, I'll be happy, or once this happens, I'll be happy"

That was me. "Once I get GF, I'll be happy. Once I make blank amount of dollars, I'll be happy, once I have a nice body, I'll be happy"

Well, I got all those things and I'm not any happier than I used to be. Is this it? Will life ever change, or will I be stuck wanting the next thing to make me happy forever?