How much will a vegetarian diet affect your gains?

How much will a vegetarian diet affect your gains?
I know veganism makes being muscular extremely difficult but I still drink lots of milk. no eggs though that shits nasty....
I'm not completely vegetarian though as I still eat a serving of chicken but only once a week

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fmrYsXjwlTg
youtu.be/xh8fzqucizQ
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?zx=5ca4835015e43863
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lBb5TFxj1S0
huffingtonpost.com/entry/diet-and-health-puzzling-past-paradox-to-pure-understanding_us_59a81d10e4b02498834a8f27
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

test

If you're getting close to the same amount of macro and micro nutrients, it won't negatively affect you. Meat just makes it easier (and tastes better).

a vegan diet gives the same gain potential with increased recovery times.

theoretically you can exercise more often on a vegan diet.

Can this outweigh the increased IGF-1 from animal protein? Time will tell.

>gives the same gain potential with increased recovery times.
citation pls

That's what Patrik Baboumian said. He went vegan for ethics and was surprised that his lifts and recovery time got better.

youtu.be/fmrYsXjwlTg

Also the reason this is true is that meat based diets cause inflammation whereas plant based diets reduce inflammation.

here's some science on how meat (and saturated fat) causes inflammation
((( youtu.be/xh8fzqucizQ )))

>citation pls
It's bullshit; here are some conclusive and consistent citations and proof for the exact opposite
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?zx=5ca4835015e43863
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

>here's some science on how meat (and saturated fat) causes inflammation
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

All the meat lobby can do is attempt to cast doubt. That's what Big Tobacco tried too.

None of those links are a response to his post

>All the vegan lobby can do is attempt to cast doubt. That's what Big Tobacco tried too.

ftfy

Cast doubt on what? Every year more evidence supports that vegan diets are superior. Soon it will be undeniable that meat kills and they'll stop serving it at public schools.

refined carbs & sugar kills
youtube.com/watch?v=lBb5TFxj1S0

>I know veganism makes being muscular extremely difficult

Says who? Vegan bodybuilders claim faster recovery and better gains after going vegan. Health conscious vegans load up on essential micronutrients everyday as well.

Go on www.cronometer.com and see how much you're lacking on your standard omnivorous diet heavy on meat and animal products. You'll be surprised.

okay. meat, refined carbs, and sugar kills.

ban them all. whole plant foodz only.

Get shit (low absorbtion) Zinc, vitamin A, and iron on vegan diet and have no sources of omega 3 dha or b12? No thanks. I tried going vegan but im allergic to nuts and couldnt get enough protein and with the knowledge i know now i wouldnt try it again. Maybe a couple week cleanse once a year

>Maybe a couple week cleanse once a year
>subtle admission that meat diets are toxic

Can you please stop copypasting these shitty keto blogs?

That PURE study is bullshit.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/diet-and-health-puzzling-past-paradox-to-pure-understanding_us_59a81d10e4b02498834a8f27

But I get over 20g of zinc per day as a vegan. Potatoes, oats, pumpkin seeds, beans, lentils etc.

>vitamin A

One small sweet potato is 400% RDI. Are you trying to be retarded here?

>iron

I get at least 300% of the daily RDI of iron with leafy greens and tofu alone.

>omega 3 dha

ala is converted to dha

>b12

The meat you eat is supplemented with B12. Why not cut out the middleman and directly supplement?

>I tried going vegan but im allergic to nuts and couldnt get enough protein and with the knowledge i know now i wouldnt try it again. Maybe a couple week cleanse once a year

If you're this retarded it's not surprising you failed. Nuts don't need to be a primary source of protein on a vegan diet at all. In fact, you can completely cut out nuts and still get more than enough protein eating beans, lentils, tofu, tempeh, whole grains, and plant protein powder.

>cleanse

Senpai everything you just said has been invalidated, cleansing is a fucking meme.

Also how would a vegan lack vitamin A? Almost all sources of vitamin A come from plants

You can get great results off a vegetarian diet, just make sure you are eating enough calories and that's all I could say really.

>meat kills
processed meat increase relative risk of rectal cancer by 18% if eaten daily,
risk not rate
relative not absolute
>David L. Katz, MD, FACEPALM
He's bullshit too

Not really. I dont deny that vegan diets have benefits for your heart and body if done short term. But long term youll become an anorexic malnurished eunuch

All shit conversion rates. Try again please and do actual research besides vegan blogs on jewtube
Beta carotene has a poor conversion rate depending on the individual

Very interested in going vegan boys help a bro out and tell me what supplements should I buy to not die/remain DYEL forever.

Also from where do I get my fat and cholesterol when vegan?

Do you spend less in food by becoming vegan?

oncom for vitamin b12

> from where do I get my fat and cholesterol when vegan?

Fat from nuts, seeds, and avocado and cholesterol from your liver. Not eating cholesterol is one of the perks of a vegan diet.

Not at all if you eat properly.

Seriously unless you're going fruitarian or some dumb shit it's not gonna negatively affect you if you're eating properly. You can easily gain muscle on any diet if you get enough calories and macronutrients

Fairly heavily. You'll find yourself talking about being a vegan so much you won't have time to lift