Is this really healthy shit or is it just a meme?

Is this really healthy shit or is it just a meme?

It's like tea.
It can be used as a hunger suppresor and it actually works. But you need to have as the locals (mate) instead of tea-like.

What's the difference?

Just like most infusions, it has benefits.
Just like most infusions, some people exaggerate those benefits.

I don't know....perhaps having it like tea makes it a once-drink and that's all. Having it like the traditional method makes it a long drink. Usually I drink like a litre while studying or while watching a game I realise I'm done when the thermal bottle is empty.
But I can tell you it really suppress hunger.

Pretty accurate.

If you're asking how it's different than tea, it's a different plant. If you're asking about the bong looking vessel it's just what south americans brew it in, doesn't matter what you make it in.

Guayaki is a pretty ethical company as far as tea goes, but if you want to save some dosh find a market that sells Hispanic foods and look for big bags of mate, typical brands I encounter are Rosamonte and Cruz de Malta. I buy it loose leaf, then brew in a french press or a tea ball. Picked it up as a replacement for coffee so I could taper off my caffeine consumption. Like tea, it has a more subtle energy boost that is also more lasting compared to the drastic spike a cup of coffee gives.

Argie here.
Yerba mate comes from a Paraguayan plant but it's drank all over Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, and the South of Brazil. There are two ways to drink it:

1) Mate: this is the most known one. You're supposed to use a "cup" (traditionally is made from the round part of a squash, but anything can be used. When traveling, I use a plastic one) which is filled to 3/4 of its capacity with yerba mate, alongside a sipping tube (pic related). Then, water is poured until all the yerba looks really wet and the water level is barely (I really mean barely) above the yerba level. Then you drink it and keep pouring water until the yerba loses its flavor. Sugar can be added but that's for fags.

2) As an infusion. Here it's called "mate cocido". You basically have to grab a cup, put a strainer over it with some yerba, and fill it with hot water. Leave the strainer with the yerba until the water looks green, and remove both. Proceed to drink the beverage.

Anyway, if you have any other questions about yerba mate feel free to ask me.

Whats your personal account on the effects?

Two bags in about half a mug of hot water, it's like DMAA lite, get the rush and the appetite suppression but not as much as just taking the dmaa. Get the peppermint flavor unless you like the taste of wood and dirt.

Could you describe the flavor?

Is mate as gross as it looks and sounds

I have no idea to be honest, I've been drinking since I was a child. I don't really know what benefits has. Some people get acidity when the drink it

Hard to describe since it's really particular. I can tell you it's herb like, kinda like "bushy" to put it in some way. It has a very intense flavor.

Nah senpai, it's pretty good, but for some it's an acquired taste.

It’s very earthy and it’s definitely an acquired taste. I had it a lot when I spent a summer in Argentina and I love it now.

Literally just get the tea bags.

How many calories does it has?

Same as tea I would guess, it's basically tainted water as long as you don't put sugar on it (which you shouldn't).

You can brew multiple cups from it, but chances are the first cup will taste like trash; I always just dump it right away and drink the second-fourth cups. Argentinians always get butthurt about that but I don't feel like drinking a goddamn tree. Other than that it's really good for energy and it's cheap.

I don't feel any. Another argentinian here

Meme.
Loaded with PAHs and causes cancer.

Chilean here.
Thats an argie meme intended to poison people.
It actually literally causes cancer.

This

A-are you urgayan?

Mate causes cancer, like drinking almost any other hot ass liquid can if you drink It enough. If you drink it like tereré you get all the benefits without throat cancer.

In my opinion, the benefits come from the yuyos you put in the water before pouring it in the yerba, like mint and burrito and such.

But what do I know, am just a pyfag.

glad to see so many fellow argies here

stay fit bros