How to enjoy the gym?

I'm the guy with the skinny arms on this ugly selfie.

>I hate the gym
>all the guys are crazy strong and have huge arms
>super sexy attention whores also come and make me mad
>I am weak as fuck.. I do only 3 series with 6 kilo on biceps... yep its no joke
>I want to do full body because I'm so weak, but I don't know what are the good exercices, and how to adapt them to the availability of the machines... So I'm improvising.. Which is bad I guess

So basically I feel bad in the gym, and I really need advice on how to make this a more enjoyable experience.. I know I will soon abandon if I don't find a way to enjoy it..

So please help me user

read the fucking sticky, you insecure twink faggot

you pussy, you think everyone walks into a gym the first time being able to deadlift 5 plates, or look like a greek god? Stop whining and just focus on yourself, you'll be at the top of the natty gym competition in maybe 3 years. You enjoy the gym by focusing on increasing strength and size, not other people.

If you ever feel bad about being a beginner, don't

You're not fat, short (I'm assuming), ugly faced, or born with a defect.

-some gyms have cultures that truly do suck. Some are great. You may try looking for a different gym or alternatively start working on a home gym.
What do you weigh, 130-140? I was too. Eat a great deal more OP

I read the sticky of like 4 fitness boards already

What I am asking is some more philosophical question ? How does one enjoy lifting fucking weights ?

Yeah I weight about a bit more than that..

I'm trying hard to eat a lot, last time I went to the gym 6 months ago, I actually lost weight and made 0 gains haha

>I read the sticky of like 4 fitness boards already
doesn't quite go well with:
>but I don't know what are the good exercises

>How does one enjoy lifting fucking weights?
Stop comparing yourself to everyone else.

The stickys always link to books and programs, maybe I'm just stupid, but I have a hard time translating that into "exercices I should do today"

Yes indeed

Don't wear fucking cargo shorts, for one

>The stickys always link to books and programs, maybe I'm just stupid, but I have a hard time translating that into "exercices I should do today"
Yes, you must be incredibly stupid. you could just google the name of the book and you would find the routine in about 3 seconds. now fuck off

Try something basic like PPL or Greyskull three days a week. Stick to it. You should be able to read the instructions.

3 concepts of equal and utmost importance
consistency
heavy compounds
progressive overload

do some reading, but my opinion is that you're a twink fuck and starting strength would be ideal; bonus points to the fact you'll be able to squat heavier than 90% of the gym in 6 months (just don't be a squartersquatting retard; always prioritise form)

>I do only 3 series with 6 kilo on biceps

Damn and i thought im fucking weak with my 15kg curls. Keep working out bro we are all gonna make it.

Dumbell or barbell?
I've got decent guns, and my working weight for dumbell curls is just a little over 15kg

>I am weak as fuck.. I do only 3 series with 6 kilo on biceps... yep its no joke

when i started i could only curl 4 sets with 5kg but after a month i could do 10kg

GETTIN SWOLE

Man, I feel you.

I don't really have an answer though, I wish I had..... It's been tough

Stop going and let yourself get to the point where you feel like such a piece of shit that you no longer care about the imaginary judgements of the people around you

Or you can speed up the process by realizing that you are not important and no one in the gym gives a shit about you or your workout. Then read the sticky, begin Starting Strength, do that for a few months, then assess your progress and adjust as needed.

>How to enjoy the gym?

You don't. You enjoy the struggle it takes to develop discipline and the rewards that come with success. If you're goals are superficial then you'll always be a weak piece of shit, physically and mentally.

>how to make this a more enjoyable experience

Go to planet fitness. Their whole business model is designed around not upsetting the delicate sensibilities of pussies like yourself. Plus, I hear there's free pizza

Just ignore what everyone else is doing. If you can't do that just remember:
>strength is relative

You're obviously not going to be able to put up the same amount of weight as the big guys are. Just do some sort of Bench/ Squat/ Bent over row, type of training to gain strength and get a good base physique, then switch to a brosplit or a strength programme or something that interests you.
>Don't do crossfit tho

also bulk, don't cut

You're not suppose to feel good or a rush at the gym, you treat it as a job you have to do because the alternative is being a fat sack of shit.

Unless they are adrenaline junkies no one here "enjoys" the gym, sure some days they may have a good time but most of the time it's a job, treat it like one.

You say this jokingly but OP should consider it. You can be the king of Planet Fitness in a couple of weeks, boosting confidence and figuring out a regimen. Then you can cancel that shit and move on to a real gym.

>But I enjoy going to the gym user :(

You won't start enjoying the gym until you see the results of your dedication to going. No one else gives a fuck if you show up.

I'm afraid he meant total

Just watch some fitness youtube vloggers. Watch David Laid

personally I just listen to music
Its really easy to ignore other people like that and listening to music is fun!

>Dont compare yourself to others. Think as if you are alone in the gym.
>Fake it until you become genuinely happy to go to the gym.
>Do exercises that you like.

Yea, but your not a worthless piece of shit like OP

You just continue going to the gym until one day, you wake up and realize that you love it and you wished you started sooner. Of course going to the gym fucking sucks, you're purposefully putting increasingly more strain on your body.

Do Greyskull or Starting Strength(if you really want an easy and quick full body workout that might do something for you).

And at the end of the day, there's only two choices to make.
A) Go to the gym, and get better and better over time
B)Sit your ass back on the couch and never figure out what you could have been

Nobody can make you choose either one.

still, if its 15kg total dumbell curl, that's good, especially by dyel standards

What gave you the impression that purposefully breaking down the muscles in your body through difficult physical exertion was going to immediately be fun? Are you mentally retarded? Do you have a learning disability? Are you just an entitled, self-centered shitbird who believes that you should be giving everything you desire without doing any work?

Don't worry about anyone else in the gym, you don't even have to look at anyone else, focus on yourself. Next follow a common weight lifting program like Strong Lifts. If you don't know what a certain lift is, just look up YouTube videos.

>YOU CAN'T ENJOY THE GYM WITHOUT BEING WEAK
Get a fucking hold of yourself shitlord, doing something you hate again and again is just going to make you an angsty faggot. Just because someone enjoys lifting weights doesn't make them a piece of shit, unlike yourself.

I agree:

>You enjoy the struggle it takes to develop discipline and the rewards that come with success

>Started weight lifting like 6 days ago
>Already having a blast because carpentry made my body skinny but average

It's fun right off the bat when you're not out-of-shape

Work Ethic: The principle that hard work is intrinsically virtuous or worthy of reward.

You're also accustomed to working hard over a set period of time in order to accomplish a clear goal. I dig it

Im not sure what do you mean by total, but i put 15kg on each dumbell. Trying to progress to 5x5.

So what's the problem?

What were your expectations going in?

Did you have a set workout plan ready?

Was this a one day trial or did you blindly purchase a membership?

What is your goal/goals?

Do you have friends you can go with?

Why do you care about what anyone else is doing?

Are you seeking professional help for your Depression/low self esteem?