Quit drinking 3 weeks ago

Quit drinking 3 weeks ago.
I get intense cravings for energy drinks and sugary things everyday.
What do?

i used to crave sugar all the time so picked up drinking

I best if you look into it you will find that sugar and alcohol have a lot in common when it comes to addiction.... my brother was telling me about it after rehab

Yeah.
It's easy to get an alcoholic to give it up if they have a source of hard hitting sugar.

I went full cookie and soda fiend when I quit my three pack a day habit stone cold.

I realize that much sugar did irreparable damage to my body and mind but the sacrifice was worth it.

I definitely got cravings for sweets after I quit drinking on weekdays and quit smoking entirely. It goes away with time but it's certainly annoying.
I decided to just power through it and don't really keep sweets in the house normally as is. Energy drinks are a no go because of heart concerns (why I quit smoking in the first place).
Stick too it, you'll need a bit of mental fortitude to push past it but I've got a good feeling that you can do it.

Water and banana

I quit drinking years ago and still get the odd craving. Eventually they lessen in frequency and intensity. Just hang in there.

This is true... I used to have a (much worse) drinking hobby. I am *trying* to be Sober for October. Today is Day One and I'm already talking myself into going to the Tavern for "just a few, and then I'll switch to n/a."

Anyway.... other dude I see there often claims to never had a drop of alcohol.... but he gets a large H2O with Grenadine (that cherry flavored stuff) and dumps in like 5 Splendas.

>Nothing really good about alcohol. I been drinking for over a quarter century. Not daily, not always to excess. (blog stops here.)

I did the same thing man, I was drinking over 30 beers a day for like 10 years. when I quit my sugar cravings were insane, I just went with it. In rehab they suggested candy, as it's lower calorie than brownies and stuff (for the sugar you get) some days my entire caloric intake would be candy, I just focussed on losing weight at that time. and weaned myself off of the candy. once I started lifting and eating protein I would dat candy after my work out to help with getting glycogen into my muscles. It's been over a year now and I feel great, and no candy for several months. gaining control of an addiction that severe helped me to have the confidence to stick to a diet. Good luck man.
>15 months into my first cut.160g protein and 1800 calories a day, have lost 74lbs Have 10 more to go before my first bulk.

eat fruit.

Drink a lot of water, eat fruits, Take LSD. LSD is a wonder I wouldn't drop sugar without it.

how did you manage it?
its my worst adiction im trying to combat..

>Having a craving for sugar and energy drinks
Fucking Amerifats lmfao

In Simon and Garfunkel's words, I drink not to forget about all the horrible stuff in my life, no that would make me feel alive, no I drink to drown out the sound of silence, an emptiness, a void that can not be filled, merely forgotten about for a while when shitfaced.

>What do?
sip

damn son, great stuff

OP here.
I used to crave sugar before I drank, so this meme is real.
Hoping to avoid this.
I was on the equivalent of a 6 pack a day. Doesn't sound like a lot but the problem of course was tolerance so I started skipping lunch so my stomach would be empty then I'd drink em fast before I had to eat again. I ended up getting tired by 8pm. Now that I'm sober I have the problem of staying up late on my computer.
Water is so fucking boring. I keep getting cordial and squash to mix with it.
As I said above I wasn't into the deep physical symptoms, the real problem is the justification aspect. The World is shit, and I just want to have to ignore it etc etc. Depending on how much you where drinking is how harsh it will be. Days 2-4 are probably the worst. Expect to get flu symptons a week after you quit, and expect to be fatigued for at least a weak after that. I'm 3 and a half weeks or so clean so I'm over those symptoms, really sucks because you go to all this effort not to drink and fall shit anyway. That's a real test. I still miss it, I just work stuff into my schedule even if it's literally putting time aside to do something trivial like play some vidya. The real problem is breaking the habit the physical part is easier.

Op here again. I'm actually thinking of getting some monster zero sips, I had them all the time about in the spring, I was also drinking a lot then though. I quit and switched to coffee. maybe it's time to go back.
I'm cutting, lost a tonne of weight already not drinking alcohol, I feel kinda weak and more tired though, but I need energy so I can keep doing cardio everyday.

Just passed a year sober, OP. It's a real thing. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to food now compared to booze, but I definitely eat / look forward to eating / think about eating 10000% more than I did when I was drinking. Junk food is now something I have to fight the urge to eat vs never really bothering before.

Booze has a lot of sugars in it, your body is used to them and wants it. Best bet - eat something healthy when a craving hits, or just power through it. Also, up your water intake. I find it helps.

>but I definitely eat / look forward to eating
I think about this more then before. When I was drinking I'd have something filling for breakfast then just wait out the rest of the day till the evening without barely thinking about food expect as fuel as I wanted to drink. Today I picked up a chickpea and vegetable wrap, cheese and onion crisps a diet soda, I had the crisps and soda then I had some beans,sausages, mushrooms, toast etc keeping the sandwhich for later. Also thinking of getting a can of diet sips. Food and especially low sugar or no sugar sodas, cordials, squash etc are practically mandatory now. I'm trying to eat for fruit, buy berries more often that kind of thing, that and doing a little cardio 30-45 mins worth helps a lot too but now I have problems managing energy.

I should also say I lost nearly half a stone since I quit drinking. I need to lose another 45 pounds or more before I can get down to my goal weight

Whew lads.

Just quit a brewery rep job where I got hammered almost every night.

Sober for 2 days, sleep already feels better, but last night I drove to the grocery store just to go buy some chocolate.

Like, I had bloodlust for the shit. I was jamming one in my face before I even got back out to my car.

The amount of calories I am under from not drinking is pretty insane though - a little bit of dark chocolate isn't gonna do shit.

Cordials, and squash really helps get some of the sugar in but because your mixing it with water it leaves less room for pure sugary stuff like chocolate. Just have a bottle or two of that around all the fucking time. Also like I said, don't be suprised if you get flu symptoms next week, your body will react to withdrawal somehow.

I dragged serious ass yesterday, feel better today, but yeah I'm waiting on the long term symptoms.

>but yeah I'm waiting on the long term symptoms.
Stock flu meds, food and stuff you'll crave now. Because it's gonna hit you at a random time and the last thing you wanna do is end up at the store buying stuff your craving because it's easy to pick up booze at that point.

thanks user

have a cute alligator

I approve