Work with good looking coworker

>work with good looking coworker
>we talk a little, have already asked her the basic questions about family, occupation, etc
>we talk about plans after work for the weekend and evening
>mine involve relaxing and going to the gym (hers involve meeting up with friends)
what are things i can do at night or the weekend that are more interesting. i have no friends, so can't say i met up with"the guys" for a drink (i assume this is what normies do). i have no hobbies either
how do i have better conversations with her? I'm not funny, or interesting, and I'm running out of conversation topics

tl;dr how do i get a coworker to like me

t. kv that has no social skills

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4faSs0mg_pI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lie

you could fuck her.
fucking it is more interesting

Buy and learn piano, start watching Joe Rogan podcasts

Done

>piano
I'm too old to learn i think

>Joe Rogan
what will this accomplish? conversation topics?

be honest?

Tell her none of your friends are the going out type and aim for an invite from her

>work with girl
>ask about her occupation

>coworker
>asked about occupation

kill yourself retard

kek

>work with coworker
>ask about occupation

Alright you fucking troglodyte

never to old to learn any thing. start with one piece and master it. it can be Mary had a little lamb or twinkle twinkle little star. just master it completely before you move on.

as for the joe rogan thing. having a story will make you interesting. any story. when your probing a girl you want er to talk way more then you do, but when it hits that akward point you want to be able to look around the room and be like "oh look at that thing, that reminds me of" and tell a quick story and see if anything similar has happened to her. the whole goal is to get her to tell you her life story so she feels comfortable around you.

I'm 30 and bought my first piano a few months ago. You're never too old to start something that has no 'finish' date. You will enjoy it and learn new things until you die

Talk about pretty much literally anything. You're moving out of personal topic discussion area and into casual everyday topic discussion area. Shoot the shit about the town/city/area where you live, the weather, any world events, any pop culture, etc. You can even just talk about the gym, contrary to what "hurr durr you have to appear effortless just say you do wii fit and zumba" autists will tell you.

Maybe start going hiking by yourself on the weeknds. People don't think it's weird at all for you to hike alone. Then you can start telling her about the paths and parks you've been hiking in; what they're like, how the weather was on your hike, any interesting people you might've met while hiking, etc. This also opens up an easy opportunity to potentially get her to go hiking with you sometimes. Women love nature and "adventure" like that.

Don't shit where you eat. Or eat your own shit and clean up

this, you idiots

Piano player here. If you want to git gud and are averse to learning theory/scales (the real boring shit), you can instead get a book called Hanon by Boris Berlin (very similar to scales, but more physically functional and no theory). It's a bunch of finger exercises on the piano that function like scales in conditioning your fingers to move quickly through different patterns of keys. Choosing the best finger to use next is not always intuitive for a new player, so I'd recommend lessons with a pro for a bit, but maybe I'm going overboard for the amount of commitment here.
Never too late to start. A 50-year-old said it was too late for her ten years ago. She's still alive and still can't play piano because she never tried, not because it was too late.

As disgusting as this is, this is what our life has come down to, she is not your wife, lie to almost everyone about everything, you have no friends, so no one is gonna call you out.
Star bullshiting about being a merc in most of the campaigns since 2000, getting EU first boss kills in vanilla and TBC, back packing through Europe, Indonesia, what ever the fuck, the list is literally endless, you weren't there to see her going out with her mates and for all you know she is lying(she's not) so she's not gonna call you out/
> Yeah you know I did my fare share of adventuring, now I just chill weekends at home, sometimes I get that burst of thirst for adventure but no one around to tag with me

>implying i can't ask about how she chose her occupation
are you idiots being serious?

You could also apply this a bit more generally, if those two specific things aren't quite your cup of tea

Learning an instrument is in general a good way to show you have a hobby you're interested in that you've picked up recently, which can imply you like to learn and try new things even as you get older. No one is really impressed if a kid or high schooler keeps trying a bunch of new shit, but as you get older it becomes something uncommon, and therefore somewhat interesting

Podcasts are a good way of having something to talk about that isn't directly related to you, it's stuff you can bring up instead of "I read in the newspaper x" or "I saw x on the news before", except that since they're usually casual or comedic, they don't focus on stuff that would be dull, and tend to frame everything in a more interesting way.

If all else fails, mention that you do have a lot of free time, but ask her if she has any ideas on fun or interesting hobbies to take up.

out of curiosity, how old are you?

thanks

thanks for the advice

i have been thinking of learning guitar

bump

>I'm too old to learn i think
bullshit, defeatist attitude

If you have nothing to give, if you feel like you're a boring person.. maybe you should work on yourself before you involve someone else in your life?

what do i need to give, and how do i get it?

a well rounded person
too many people get into relationships entirely unhappy with who they are, expecting the other person to somehow fulfil them and help them improve.. that's unfair on the other person and usually doesn't work.
get some hobbies, any fucking hobby.. I'm 26, I'm learning coding.. I learnt Dutch at 24, I can play multiple instruments, I read and have written a book.. this shit doesn't just happen, test the waters, find things that are even a little bit interesting and follow that thread.
Saying you're too old to learn is defeatist and pointless, learning and progressing is what keeps your mind young, if you've already mentally retired then you may as well not be alive.

how do i compare against people that are already more well rounded and skilled?

do i need to get skilled at a bunch of things before i get a gf?

how old are you?
you don't necessarily NEED anything.. you're a person, she/he will be a person.. just think about the person that you'd like to date, would they have hobbies and interesting things to teach/show you or would they be expecting you to keep them entertained all relationship?
You also don't compare yourself, there's always a bigger/better person, but you're you.. so find things that interest you, take some time for introspection, and find out who the fuck you are and what the fuck you want.

No dude, just don't expect to suddenly be a healthy and well rounded person because you have a cock holster.
A lot of boring people lean on their significant other to be their friend and link to interesting activities, and then are too codependent and ate devastated when single again.
Have a life worth living even outside your relationship.

There's nothing wrong with having hobbies, but you don't make your whole identity about that either. Deal with whatever issues you have regarding your self worth.

no matter what they do or how cute they are i just can't get turned on by asians. like i literally think "ok i'm gonna bust a nut to asian girls today" and then i see a pawg in the related videos and i start sweating cus i want to give asians a chance but i give in click the pawg video and bust the nut like 2 minutes later. sorry asian girls you just don't do it for me

OP,
I agree with this guy that you should learn piano. Don't call it a piano, though.

Always say you're going to "tickle the ivory". Girls love that.

You are asking for advice. Go to /adv/.

Also, start doing shit. Go to a concert. Go to the next city over. Go take a fuckin 'hike. Just get a hobby that gets you out doing something.

interesting thread other than the piano shit. Hilarious how you focus on something so irrelevant.

I was thinking about this stuff yesterday while listening to some rogan compilations. I just dont have any stories, nothing worth telling, its not even that im super unsocial. Im not amazing at it, but if its work related or just talking random silly shit, i have no problem with it.
Its just hard to make your life more interesting, once youre at 0 friends.

travel nigga

I've just started exploring the area around me. Check out anything of note in the surrounding areas. Museums, historical sites, shit like that.

Of course, one only lived here for a few years so lots of this stuff is new to me, but I bet there is a ton of shit in your area you have no idea about either way.

Study, read, play a musical instrument. Women don't care what you do, not really, but that you're passionate about it and mildly competent at it

where do you live ? no specifics of course

you guys should learn how to shoot the shit.
i've been taking uber rides for the last 6 months least once a week. everytime i go in i usually make up some fake persona of my life and talk with the guy/girl because they are forced to be with me for 20-30mins.

gotten better at small talk. Not everyone will like you and thats okay. best influence for this type of shit IMO is the ROCK. His movies suck ass and hes not that great of an actor. but its hard to hate the guy based off his personality

>how do i have better conversations with her? I'm not funny, or interesting, and I'm running out of conversation topics
watch lots of standup comedy

On the first date ask if she's ready for kids

Shizuoka, Japan.

But I'm sure anytown USA is the same. I grew up in Connecticut, and I'm sure there were tons of cool historical sites I ignored all my life there too.

Not OP but in the exact same position.
What do I do if the other person mainly talks about themselves? to the point where I don't actually have to say much.
I don't consider it a bad thing and I enjoy listening to them and making small comments along the way
but it gets to the point where I haven't said anything about my weekend/events/whatever and they know nothing new about me.

Should I just completely drop what they were saying and start talking about me? seems rude.

i do travel, hasn't helped much tbqh

bump

>tfw sit a few feet from her
>haven't said a thing all morning
>she chats with the other guy in the room every now and then

be yourself

bump

>I'm too old to learn i think

are you 70 and have parkinsons?

please respond

talk about Veeky Forums and memes

if i ask her on a date, she'll think of me in disgust and avoid me at work. tell all my coworkers that i asked her out, and then I'll get contacted by HR

>tfw she barely gives any eye contact when speaking to me
what do?

talk about chatting about traps with obese people on a mongolian bbq debate forum >she will think you are interesting and quirky

HR doesn't fire people for asking others out.

If she's enough of a bitch to react this way, why would you want her in your life? There are plenty of hot girls that aren't bitches that will fuck ugly dudes. Trust me. It's all a numbers game, and the only way to lose is to not play. Hot girls are always thinking "maybe I should date an ugly guy, they might treat me better."

This isn't middle school. What, you think someone is gonna come up to you and be like "Hey, user, I heard you asked out Cindy you FUCKING NERD LOL" no, and if they do, you have PLENTY of material to insult them back on. "Are you 12? Why do you give a shit?" Is an easy one. laughing in their face and walking away is a great one that will make all the other chicks in the office want your dick.

Go for it, or don't. Those are your only options. Everything else you think and hear is just noise.

>Hey, user, I heard you asked out Cindy you FUCKING NERD LOL"
gossip goes around though.

Okay is there something to be ashamed about asking a girl out?

Sheeeit I knew this girl

OP here
she just told me she has a bf

now what?

Oh boy.

OP, she thinks you're gay.

Alright man this is what i've learned from saying fuck it recently and just talking to girls I think might me mirin.

If she thinks you're attractive she won't care if you're sort of awkward or anything like that she will actually probably think it's cute. This is why you should actually just be yourself, because if you're attractive she won't even care about your social skills unless they're like negative.

huh?

we asked about evening plans, and she said she is going to go to her bfs place

why does that mean she thinks I'm gay?

You don't want to be known as the guy who got rejected by his coworker. Don't shit where you eat.
If you must fuck coworkers, don't make a blatant request to see each other, so there can't be a "rejection". Or else every female worker will know and think you're a fucking weirdo.

It's almost as if women will care if they get attention (and you're not a hunchback).
Talking to them is really not hard, it's just that no one goes for it. Only thing is, make your intentions clear.

That's it man. Gg.
On to the next one man.

every girl i meet has a bf though. feels bad man, what can i do

meet more girls

>joe rogan
anything but this

i rarely meet new people, including girls, though

nice constructive post mejt kek

For some reason I can't imagine Asian girls being too cut up over this revelation.

lol

OK OP here's the secret: look at your life, and completely remove the want for women from the picture. Learn about the world, develop a worldview. Find the way _you_ see things. In other words, if you're struggling to converse with a qt at your job how the fuck could you expect to succeed at picking her up? Have some vision. You want to be the man she knows she wants; that means setting goals for yourself and achieving them. Join a team, or a club, and get involved in events and activities. Learn a hobby. Preferably more. Make money, become independent. Be the rock of a social group. Be the person people look up to. This shit is hard, and I'm almost certain it will take you a long time to achieve it. Most people don't, but we all can. Do that and you won't have to think twice about what to say; you'll have gained so much life experience the winning move is natural to play.

You could start by deleting all these pictures of sexy young girls from your phone/pc so that you have some motivation to better yourself instead of getting minute doses of sexual dopamine every five seconds.

Bigger picture, this is yet another "how do i become more interesting," "how do i get gf" thread as if it's some sort of achievement you can unlock if you follow the right pattern. That's not how life works you fucking retard.

>his movies suck and he is not that great an actor
He is the most juiced out /fit actor left sice Arnold and the old school guys stopped making movies. Get better taste you uncultured swine

>being ripped makes you a good actor in good movies.
Okay.

Yes it does. And Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is not "ripped." He is huge as fuck and roided to the gills.

>achieving goals
>Make [more] money
>Be the rock of a social group. Be the person people look up to.
i don't think i can do any of this

bump

Learning piano at the age of 21 changed my life. I'm convinced I'll be playing it until the day I die, barring some horrible injury.

Do it you fucking homo. You're missing out.

>piano
what does Veeky Forums think of learning guitar?

i think it holds a little more douchey but still a great skill and great convo starter.

Piano is more mature to normies dawg

Everyone learns guitar. It's cringey at this point. Piano is way more impressive as a solo artist.

>it's cringey

No it actually is not, you're just a hipster and that's literally all.

piano legit gay as fuck, girls probably befriend you cos they think you'll be their token gay friend

is there any recourse when you find someone you like has a bf?

youtube.com/watch?v=4faSs0mg_pI

this thread made me feel a little bit better about myself, because I was able to improve my social skills without asking Veeky Forums.

a few years ago I was a shy emo kid, now I am fit and have not the slightests problem anymore to talk to random people about random shit or ask girls for their number or whatever, and how did I do that? I stopped making excuses.

Personally, I've given up on social posturing and putting on an act. People who are my friends are people that we can be around eachother and just bee ourselves. Of course breaking the ice with somebody can be difficult, but I wouldn't recommend changing yourself just so you can tell people "I do x,y,z". Tell people the truth, if you don't like what comes out of your mouth, then change something about yourself, but don't lie. Keep in mind that "going out with friends" isn't necessarily something to be proud of, a lot of people I know are chronic "going out with people" people, all that means is that they go out to get drunk and eat sloppy foods and come back 50-100$ poorer, and potentially with a stranger to have sex with. Personally, that's not something I envy or than I want to emulate.

TLDR; if telling the truth about what you do/who you are makes you uncumfortable or insecure, then change yourself for your own benefit, not for social posturing.

>work with good looking coworker
>have already asked her the basic questions about family, occupation, etc

> coworker
> asking about her occupation

>implying you can't ask other questions about occupation
>why did you choose this job, company
>how do you like the work
etc

Enjoy being "that guy" who plays the guitar at a party and sounds like a complete faggot. I've played both and telling a girl i play piano gets way more interest. But im also not a 20 year old retard anymore.

that's not what you said.
that's not what that means.

asking someone their occupation = asking where they work

If youre OP and that's literally what you asked her, thats pretty fucking embarrassing. Those are questions you'd ask in a job interview or some cheesy corporate icebreaker forum, not to demonstrate romantic interest or make a friend.

did you get this picture from the Asian thread on /s/?

Lying about who you are and what you do is beta as fuck

that is actually quite brilliant, no one has just standing a piano around so no one is going to ask you to play something for them, everyone and their mother has a guitar though and they will find out that you're lying, but not with a piano, pretty good gonna add that to my "hobbies" together with deep sea diving and olympic Basque pelota

Fucking this. Always. Lie about everything until you make it.

telling some random whore the truth about you is beta as fuck, the truth is exclusive