Fasting tips

fatty here
i'm trying to water fast to start ketosis, but I keep fucking up. I skip all my meals (Drinking water only), but end up eating a large dinner because my family will notice if I don't eat it.
I also keep getting temped by food and give up, but I feel so guilty afterwards.

any tips on how to fast successfully without giving in to pressures/temptation to eat? how can I trick my family into thinking i eat when i don't?

the longest i've fasted was from ~9 am to 7pm. not that gr8

Just tell them what you're doing retard. Just started my intermittent fast.

Seriously!... this is literally a message that says she has given up on even TRYING to be healthy or look good. 100% rejection immediately.

Nonsense. I was about a quarter of his weight and got bullied mercilessly in school for being fat.

I know I hate myself for it.
But i'm willing to keep trying- I feel if I can get past the 1st day I can get into a rhythm- I need to find motivation and some tips to fast for as long as possible

they wouldn't support it. they'd literally force me to eat if i told them

Waterfasting always sketches me out. I'm 220 and 6.2 and I want to lose 30 pounds within the month but I dont want my muscles to be fucking eaten alive while I fast. Can anyone clear this up for me?

So eat healthy

Why don’t you just eat one meal a day?
I know water fasting or keto feels simpler than eating a good balanced diet if you’re lazy and/or dumb, but there’s really nothing wrong with just eating normal food at a deficit.

i've reached a plateau for some reason- i've already lost about 10kg from diet+excersize, but my weight hasn't budged for a while so i'm trying this.

it's because "dude just eat less lmao" is garbage advice for fat loss

I've heard if you do light exercise (just enough to stimulate the muscle) you won't lose much. Muscle wastage occurs after you've depleted all your stores and continue to fast and ignore your body's signals for you to break the fats (hunger returning after a long time of absence, etc)

Get myfitnesspal
Weigh everything you eat and enter it
Eat about 700 calories per meal
That's 2100 calories a day

Don't go over that. easy as pie
If you """need""" to eat a large meal at dinner, just eat less during lunch and breakfast

Seeing howmany calories you actually eat helps a lot in losing weight.

Can't give more tips because when it comes to food I'm disciplined as fuark so idk how someone wouldn't be able to not give into temptation

Wtf is hard about not eating

You can try to get into ketosis by eating a keto diet for a few weeks before attempting to fast. Atleast for me, it makes it easier to manage the cravings

Apparently it takes 3 days to get your body to switch into ketosis, but I only lasted 32 hours, woke up at 2:40am last night because I "didn't wanna die," as my body was feeling.

I had mental fog, weakness, lower body temperature than usual so cold all the time and I couldn't get any work done at all.

Anybody fast 3 or more days and got to a mental clarity point?

t. fatfuckingfatty

I had similar problems with intermittent fasting, regular lectures on how this "new fad" isn't healthy and that you should eat every 3 hours at every waking hour before dinner.
but then I lost 10 Kgs and my mom and my dad eventually went intermittent fasting.

I got a pretty bad headache after day 3 but I did the mistake of doing high intensity training twice in those three days. I want to try waterfasting again while I take it easier on my workouts and maybe just go for a walk.

also, have you fasted anything at all before this? I've heard people say you should get used to intermittently fasting before you try something like a water fast

>there's already a /fast/ general
>two other threads about fasting have been made with basic questions about fasting
this is why we can't have nice things

Oh, I see. That might be the issue as I've never tried fasting at all before this and body is just unprepared.

All I care about is the mental clarity.

Will taking medication (pills) break a fast?

1. Tell your family you're fasting

2. Dont put yourself around food. When I was dropping weight I took all my snacks out of my room and avoided my kitchen and it was way easier to not eat all the time

3. Drink more water to fill your stomach so it doesn't feel as empty

4. never trust a fart

Are you under 18? Would they put a gun to your head if you didn't eat?

Good

Spotted the HAESfag. Eat less fat boy.

Fat man was a real chad.OUCH!

>it's because "dude just eat less lmao" is garbage advice for fat loss

FAT FUCKING SLOB ALERT

You're a small weak man who does nothing but blame everyone else for your personal failure. You lack the qualities of a man and you have no resolve to achieve your aims. You just want to tell people you're trying, without actually trying, so you can give the appearance you're doing something.

You're never going to make it and that's exactly what you deserve.

start by water fasting for a full day, like you eat monday, you dont eat at all at tuesday and you eat again at wednesday

for the family thing, just tell them you will eat outside, find some way to fake it and make them think you just had mcdonals or anything like that, it will help in the end

I was 195 and dropped to 180 after a 5 day water fast. I didn't have any experience fasting before that. I just stopped eating and started chugging that delicious water.

I would have gone longer but my vision started going blurry, I was always light headed, and I almost fainted in the shower. I genuinely thought I was going to die, so just keep that in mind if you're planning on doing it for more than 3-4 days.