Why don't you lift five days a week?

Why don't you lift five days a week?

The literal only reason I do 5 days is because there's a gym at my work.
>I'm already out of the house and close to the gym, might as well work out

That's my thought process. If it was anywhere else, I definitely wouldn't.

Because I have an actual life, an actual career, with an actual family and actual interests.

Don't worry you'll find out eventually, no one stays a neet gymcel forever, right?

I already do lol

>full body Monday 6am
>full body Tuesday 10am
>all my classes on the same day, rest day
>full body 6am
>full body 10am
So I get full body 4x a week, with more than 24 hr recovery between workouts.

kek, absolute madman

>tfw worked out 5 days in a row last week cos had no other time due to work

how the fuck does going to the gym for an hour after work each evening stop you having a life?

lmao /workouteveryday/ reporting in

cringe

After exams I'm going to be lifting 6 days a week. I'm hoping to do 7 if my body can handle it

is there even a point to this? why not do compound workouts and rest 2 days between? I doubt the body benefits from 5 day workouts unless you take steroids

I can't ever do more than 5 a week or my body starts to get EXTREMELY fatigued and I feel very sick and weak. 5 days a week is the absolute limit for me before overtraining. That being said, I lift 5 days a week but do cardio 7 days a week.

See the gif in

Same excuse that fatties make

Im a student, I work, volunteer, am president of a school club and have a social life and i still lift 5 days a week. Y'all just cant manage time/are lazy desu

Because I lift six days a week.

Pussy.

I do a 6 day routine with a 4 split:

>Monday - Upper Body
>Tuesday - Legs
>Wednesday - Light Cardio
>Thursday - Upper Body
>Friday - Legs
>Saturday - Hard Cardio
>Sunday - Off

My only problem is trying to figure out how to split deadlifts and squats. I was thinking doing squats on Tuesday and deadlifts on Friday. But I don’t know if dead lifts once a week is ok.

5 year lifter here.

My joints start hurting if I try lift more than 3-4 days a week.

I guess I should maybe lay off the machines...I tend to do a lot more supplementary volume on machines when I lift 5-6 days a week.

>that chump who feel for the three day HIIT meme
Lmao

GOAT

Because I swim and run on Tues and Thurs.

You wake up 8:30 shower, have some sort of breakfast, get out 9:15, commutr to 9:45, work 9 hours with a break, to 18:45. You're back home 19:15 on a good day and you have 5 hours before sleeping to better yourself by reading, to do stuff for your family and house, to fix things and clean up, to prepare food and eat with your family, to go get groceries or other things you need, to see friends, to play music or videogames or entertain yourself and let loose.

Really makes you think why you wouldn't want to spend 2 of these hours every day going to the gym and back and showering.

I was playing bf1 with the boys and gave myself a fucking neck cramp n pulled a muscle. It was suppose to be shoulders n abs today..

I guarantee I look better than you do lifting twice a week with a career and a kid.

Lmao

>those couple extra hours going to make a difference
KEK

Pic or talking feces

Lol no. Just no.

Excuses, excuses. Hit the gym during lunch. It’s not hard. You can find the time if you want, you just don’t want to. You’re like most “family men.” Full of bullshit and excuses.

Sure here's an older one that I have stored online, I think I got something like 3-4kgs more lean mass now.

>having a kid
Tyrone fucks your wife whilst you get fat.
Your supposed to marry a woman not get an alimony fetus.

You think going to the gym for 2 hours in the middle of the day when people are discussing over lunch then holding meetings will get me closer to a senior position?

Do you realize how jobs work?

How long lifting? Mirin

because i do full body workout and need a day between workouts to rest and grow properly...What do I win ?

I do 6

Who the hell said you needed 2 hours a day? I can knock a workout out in 30 minutes if I have to.

The only people who spend 2 hours in a single sitting at the gym are dyels and meatheads. Normal people spend maybe an hour.

>need a day between workouts
You're just a lazy faggot in all honest

>Normal people spend maybe an hour
Not gonna make it.

Wait, do you think you can leave your workplace, get to your gym, change out of your clothes, do an actual workout hard enough to produce results, shower, get back into your clothes and get back to work in 30 minutes?

How can gymcels be so delusional.

I do a 2.5 day split so if I don't go 5 times I can't fit everything in a week

Not only that (what I said about workout time durations) but who said you even needed a gym. You have options: P90X, Insanity, T25... all those you can before going to work.

People who don’t workout don’t because they don’t want to. But, rather than simply addmitting they don’t want to, rather than just manning up and saying “Yeah, I’m just not into that sort of thing.” They make excuses

>muh kids
>muh house
>muh family
>muh career

You can’t find 30 minutes to knock out a quick lunch time workout, or 30 minutes to hit a T25 or Insanity workout before work, but I sure as hell bet you have enough time to watch your favorite college team play on Saturdays.

Because my training is hard. Anymore and I'll be accruing too much fatigue. Once I'm accustomed to 4 day Volume after some years I'll change.

Because I work out six days a week.

Why the fuck are you even on our board then?

>Doing meme fad workouts

I'd rather use my time on things that get me results instead of compulsively doing shit bodyweight programs at home, then use the rest of my time to enjoy myself, thanks.

Seriously get checked for autism.

>10 pounds more lean mass now
HAHAHAHAHA
>but i'm going to use this pic to show how big i am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Implying you have to be autistically inefficient with your workouts to be on this board

Sounds about right actually.

Why the fuck are you even on fit than fucking bitch? Just admit you are a lazy fuck who has no interest in working out and looking good. Head back to some other shit board, you ain't about this life

All workouts get results user.

You’re an idiot. Post your nacho/beer gut so we can all laugh.

Those so called “meme” workouts are just as effective for weight loss as anything else if you take it serious.

Again, I ask why the fuck are here? Seriously, post your “dad bod” with beer gut - we need a good laugh this morning.

I posted my 2 times a week body earlier.

Keep doing pee 90 insane x every day obsessively.

In all seriousness, if youre not lifting heavy and arent doing some meme routine with 1000 different accessories, your workout itself should only take about 45-60 minutes. If you cant spare an hour 2-3 times a week then you might as well kill yourself.

Some of us do real sports so we need rest

Not him but you still havent posted yours senpai

I don’t do P90X, fuck stick. I already posted my 4 split routine. I offered P90X as an alternative. If I have to travel for business and can’t find a gym you’re fucking-a-right I’ll do T25 or Insanity in the hotel, because something is better than nothing.

But, you’re a moron who thinks he has all the answers. A /fat/fuck telling people with 10x your fitness knowledge what is or isn’t a “meme” workout.

The pic of you in the gym, that you don’t go to because you don’t have time, pic above? That’s not you. Nice larp though.

My joints and tendons barely survive 3days a week

Sure here's an older one that I have stored online, I think I got something like 3-4kgs more lean mass now.

Believe it or not I don't have naked pictures of myself on my phone, would be hard to explain as people swipe pictures of my kid or vacations on my phone. I was something like 75-76 kgs in that picture rather lean, and I'm 82-83 now, and only a bit fatter.

So yeah I'd say 3-4 kgs is about right given the timeframe.

Come on senpai

>only a bit fatter
>a bit
>fatter

Sure, Nachoman, sure.

My body seems to need movement every day, so I usually hit the gym for about 30 minutes or so, 5 or 6 days a week. Lower frequencies require higher daily volume, which I do not tolerate well. Gym is close by, so I just do that instead of watching TV or whatever, keeps me sane.

>nothing personal kid

Believe it or not I don't have naked pictures of myself on my phone, would be hard to explain as people swipe pictures of my kid or vacations on my phone. I was something like 75-76 kgs in that picture rather lean, and I'm 82-83 now, and only a bit fatter.

So yeah I'd say 3-4 kgs is about right given the timeframe.

Is there a better sense of flattery than having people doubt your pics are real?

Honestly though why would I post the picture of someone with pectus and a shoulder stretchmark if I wanted to pretend to have an great body.

Really makes you think.

>tells everyone doesn’t go to a gym because he doesn’t have time.
>posts selfie of himself in a gym

Moron.

Are you honestly this retarded? I'm arguing that going to the gym 5 times a week and having a fulfilling life outside of fitness is impossible, and trying will leave you struggling in various other areas of your life.

You can get great results by lifting 1-3 times a week, while remaining productive, sane and happy.

What if you want to break out of dyel mode? You could look the way you do by counting your calories and coaching your kids soccer team, no gym needed

The literature is becoming increasingly clear that if you want best results, you should move towards a higher training frequency (per bodypart/movement, not just working out in general) over the course of your training career. Not many people can make "great" results on 1 or 2 sessions per week, 3 full body sessions per week has stood the test of time for a reason.

Both kinobody and manlet destiny train twice a week.

Someone accused me of stealing pictures earlier but now I could look like that by just dieting.

Wew.

I don't care if two people train twice a week and get good results, I'm discussing what's true for the general population. Congratulations if you can get great results from twice a week; just like some people only need 5 hours of sleep per night, you're not representative of the general population. Most people should train 3x/week if they want to guarantee good results.

The literature that is becoming increasingly clear is just bullshit that is restating something that we've known for thousands of years.
Practice makes perfect.
Training begets results.

However, people here don't want to be shade tree powerlifters and strong men and bodybuilders.
They just want to look better, feel better, and be healthier as a result.
That's all.

People with an agenda to push or product to market have co-opted this very basic want and need in basically all instances.
Thus we get stupid horrifyingly unhealthy and life shortening dieting and exercise advice and programs.

Literal twink if this is you with a pump at gym you are dyel

B-but Mehdi told me that 3 is good

>not liftiing seven days a week
What a fag

is that a 135 weighted chinup? impressive

This. PPL is a beast.

Ask me how I know you've never seen your abs.

Who /ULCPPLcx/ here?

It doesn't, really.

Ask me how I know you look dyel to normies? But hey gym is hard but shitposting on Veeky Forums is not time wasted.

I was making a technical point regarding dividing up the same volume from a lower frequency training program over more session. It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder, but I'll agree that the "fitness industry" is toxic hucksterism.

Pic isn't me, but I've done that for a double.

Advanced trainees only build muscle for about a day after lifting, so training higher frequencies (with lower daily volumes) makes sense if you've been at it for a while.

Get up at 7:00, boom. There is your time. You're just a lazy fuck, trying to make excuses.

>Believe it or not I don't have naked pictures of myself on my phone, would be hard to explain as people swipe pictures of my kid or vacations on my phone.
don't be naive. people see pictures of naked men when they swipe past your kid on grindr.

Is this just the angle or does this guy have chicken feet ?

I already do lad
Doing Hepburn method with extra day for decompressing mobility and if I can be arsed curls.

>actual hobbies
>videogames
Really nigga

You sleep 5-6 hours a day to autistically kill yourself at the gym and try to perform in a demanding field while being half-asleep every day.

Boom indeed, wonder why people haven't thought of that.

People literally constantly bring up lifting when they talk to me despite me never mentioning it, call be big guy, compare my body shape to athletes when discussing sports events.

Lmao at all that cope though.

Why don't you lift 6 days a week?

how badly do you want to make it?

Is this the retarded orthopod?

What cope nigga you look small and are small. I got told by normies that I have abs when I was 25% bfat but hey at least your normie friends can't tell.

You can sleep earlier than 1 am though you're already fucking yourself with that sleeping schedule.

>If I move my 5 free for activities hours a day around enough they will easily turn into 7, allowing for 2 hours of gym time a day.

Why do you need 2 hours at the gym dumbo ? With that body you don't look like you can even do something as basic as 1/2/3/4 for reps so your works should be considerably shorter.

it's too much during the rugby season. off season i lift 5-6x a week

Because I do six. Get on my level.

>not hitting new PR's literally everyday of your life

SAD

Because I quit my job, drive an un-registered, un-insured vehicle, and live on a campground outside of the city.
Also trying to eat on five dollars a day. Can't lift everyday on that. Don't get me wrong though, life is good :)

Because I lift 6 days a week

Because you dont need to go to bed at 12:00 + a job that requiers you to commute. I have a wife and a daughter, a position as a sales manager and work out 6 times a week. Its all doable, you're just lazy and/or bad at time management.
If three times a week is working out for you: good job, keep doing it. Stop trying to tell everybody that your shitty time management is the only way to go.

I squat, deadlift, bench 4x a week
>project momentum