Vegan General

Reasons to be vegan

- Vegan diet healthy for all stages of life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

- Vegan B12 in traditional fermented foods & seaweed e.g. tempeh, kimchi etc.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC242746/ - Tempeh

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062981/ - Traditional Korean fermented foods provide adequate B12

- Loads vegan products fortified with B12 (produced without the use of animals)

godairyfree.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/So-Delicious-Dairy-Free-Cashew-Milk-Nutrition-Facts.jpg - Cashew Milk

static.openfoodfacts.org/images/products/319/817/200/0120/nutrition_fr.8.full.jpg - Corn Flakes

- USDA 40% of US population flirting with B12 deficiency due to modern farming

ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9637947
ekoplaza.nl/producten/product/lijnzaad6
ekoplaza.nl/producten/product/raw-chiazaad-zwart
youtu.be/XCDnz1Nibdo
amazon.de/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=i:aps,k:vegan dha&page=2&keywords=vegan dha&ie=UTF8&qid=1507065994
amazon.de/gp/product/B019VJHIZA/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B019VJHIZA&pd_rd_r=5H3ZDP5CV7HT7J3P0ET1&pd_rd_w=TdiHn&pd_rd_wg=dTtQZ&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=N6Q54RRJNWC1M82NYZV1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=c210947d-c955-4398-98aa-d1dc27e614f1&pf_rd_i=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Time to hide this trash again

Ok, name a reason (besides ethics, not because I deny it but because I concede it) to NOT eat one entire steak of salmon per week
>Advantages
B12
D3
Omega 3
Half a scoop of protein
Saves me the need to buy and consume 4 different supplements
Tuna, sardines or oysters don't even come close to that omega 3 and D3, only in protein and B12. Oysters have tons of zinc too but they are gross and I cover my Zinc with oats and legumes.
>Disadvantages
Animal cruelty

I am a vegan of 1 month but I am debating buying supplements or salmon.

Forgot pic

heavy metals. also if you care about ethics it isn't even a discussion.
protein doesn't really matter that much in this context - if you're eating a big blob one day out of all, does it matter?
can you take a huge dose of protein powder one day and be set for the week? probably not, I reckon you'll just shit most of it out
also are you going to get enough omega 3, b12 and d3 for the entire week from that blob? get b12 & d2 or vegan d3, blend some flax with chia for omega 3 gains and get a protein powder as well if you think it's necessary.

I eat meat because I thoroughly enjoy the thought of animals being bred, raised and butchered purely for the purposes of satiating my own hunger.

It's a power trip, really. Nothing more. And man, does it feel good.

Can totally relate. I love buying cheap slave labor clothes. The thought of some nonwhites being fucked over by some huge conglomerate, forcing them to live in the dirt for the rest of their lives for my own comfort really satisfies me.

>unironically trying to compare animals with humans

your lack of brain gains is showing.

>heavy metals.
Doubt that's an issue with two ounces of salmon per day
>also if you care about ethics it isn't even a discussion.
"As far as is possible and practicable", and I dislike popping pills. It really rubs me the wrong way.
>protein doesn't really matter that much in this context
It is an added bonus, and being a human bean who survives 95% on soymilk, oats, pasta, cabbage, pb and berries with the occasional falafel or seitan treat, any extra protein is welcome
>if you're eating a big blob one day out of all, does it matter?
What kind of strawman is this I'm not eating "a huge blob" I'm planning to eat 2 ounces per day for a total of an 14oz steak per week
>can you take a huge dose of protein powder one day and be set for the week? probably not, I reckon you'll just shit most of it out
No, but I can take a scoop every day, again, as above
>also are you going to get enough omega 3, b12 and d3 for the entire week from that blob? get b12 & d2 or vegan d3
As before, I associate pills with sickness and I want "real food". Does that make me autistic?
>blend some flax with chia for omega 3 gains
Those are expensive, you have to eat like 4 heaping tablespoons of chia or ground flax every day to get enough ALA to convert into DHA, and that's if you have a good enough conversion rate. I'm not risking it.
>and get a protein powder as well if you think it's necessary.
I'm expecting it by Saturday in the mail actually

>nonwhites are humans

wew lad

Can i still have sex with animals if iam vegan?

If the animal agrees, yes. If not, you are committing rape.

Have fun being betas forever vegan shills

enjoy having a man shove his hand all the way up your ass and then tell you that you have prostate cancer

How do you get consent from an animal?

speaking from experience, you just know

>HURR LOOK AT ME I'M STUPID HURR

Animals are able to show consent. If they don't attack you or try to run away, you are free to go. At least this is the excuse I often hear from zoophilists.

Can anyone explain the FFXII reference on xer shirt?

Vegans already are beta cuckbois that take it in the poopshoot anyways. And a diet doesn't outright exclude you from a prostate exam or cancer you fuck.

people who eat more meat are more likely to get prostate cancer.

so basically, if you eat meat you're a faggot because that means you want the doctor to reach his arm in your ass and massage your prostate

fucking meat eaters

It's to display that vegans are wrong.

>the smug sow
Topkek love these

Shoo shoo vegan shill, cancer is cancer and will pop up whenever and wherever it damn pleases. I'll continue to eat meat, not give a fuck, make gains, and get my dick wet in some pussy. Meanwhile vegan cuck can't get over other people's tastes and look pathetic to women physically and mentally.

all i'm reading is

>yeah doctor, put that rubber glove on and get elbow deep in my butt. tickle my prostate, i promise i'll pretend to not enjoy it.

Enjoy your cancer and heart attacks, meatcuck.

>if you care about ethics
If you care about the ethics of murdered animals so much then you must live in eternal torment knowing that countless varmints, worms, insects, etc. were butchered to put those greens on your plate. Or maybe ethics aren't that big a deal to you after all.

This desu.
Eating meat and living at a level of personal wealth that relies entirely on entire countries being fucked beyond repair just to provide me with marginally better comforts is priceless.
Or rather, it has a price. But anyone affected by it couldn't afford it anyway so who cares.

>Eating meat and living at a level of personal wealth that relies entirely on entire countries being fucked beyond repair just to provide me with marginally better comforts is priceless.

you swallowed the commie propaganda lmao

>Doubt that's an issue with two ounces of salmon per day
if you say so
>"As far as is possible and practicable", and I dislike popping pills. It really rubs me the wrong way.
that's on you then. you can't say it's not practicable or possible if the only thing standing between it being possible is you. if you dislike popping pills, put it in a blender with your protein powder. protein powder is fine, but popping a pill is not, okay.
>It is an added bonus, and being a human bean who survives 95% on soymilk, oats, pasta, cabbage, pb and berries with the occasional falafel or seitan treat, any extra protein is welcome
why is it a part of the conversation then if you've already ordered protein powder?
>What kind of strawman is this I'm not eating "a huge blob" I'm planning to eat 2 ounces per day for a total of an 14oz steak per week
misunderstood what you said with eating a steak per week. thought it's in one sitting. instead of calling out my obvious mistake for what it is why are you calling it a strawman lol
>No, but I can take a scoop every day, again, as above
again, why is protein a part of the conversation then
>As before, I associate pills with sickness and I want "real food". Does that make me autistic?
oh so you're sending the protein powder back?
>Those are expensive, you have to eat like 4 heaping tablespoons of chia or ground flax every day to get enough ALA to convert into DHA, and that's if you have a good enough conversion rate. I'm not risking it.
how are flax seeds expensive? is the omega3 supplement cheaper for the amount of omega3 you get? I mentioned chia because it doesn't taste like shit. you can be fine with flax, which is supercheap. ALA conversion rates increase in vegetarians/vegans over time, non issue really.
>I'm expecting it by Saturday in the mail actually
good when are you expecting the b12 and d vitamin

Fucking Vegans and X smokers the worst of the worst.

if you know of anything else I could eat that doesn't kill the aforementioned, I'd love to hear about it.

Never bring up the enormous horrifying damage the farming industry is doing to the environment

What?
This is the complete opposite of commie propaganda. If you called me a capitalism shill I could have conceded that point, but what sense does that even make?

It's also funny how most vegans are also self proclaimed "health nuts", so they tend to overpay for low efficiency "Bio" crops that destroy the environment even worse than raising cattle.

You could farm your own and not harm anything but that would be too much work, right? Plus your food sources would be eaten away by all the animals and insects that you are perfectly fine with killing to ensure you have fresh kale.

So to be clear you are ok with untold numbers of animal deaths yet angry about one more? Seems as though you have a strange sense of ethics concerning this issue. Again, if the death of animals related to food production bothers you so then you must be constantly upset and on edge. Every meal should remind you of the animal holocaust that prefaced it. Yet for some reason you don't lose your appetite.

You get farming is needed to feed animals right? We would need significantly less farmland if everybody was vegan. I'm not even vegan but that's a shit argument m8

so you're vegan then? and you grow your own crops?
I'm ok with killing insects for my food, yes. And it's not just one more, think about how many more die to feed that one more animal. Perhaps that's a bit much for my ethics, eh?
Also, I never said that it bothers me. I simply said that if the person that I responded to does, then it's not a discussion. Why are you putting words in my mouth?
Why would I be upset about killing something that eats my food? A cow doesn't eat my food and if it did, I can easily stop it. Can I easily stop insects from eating my food?

>protein powder is fine, but popping a pill is not, okay.
Protein powder is not fine either but I'd have to eat only beans daily, or tons of expensive mockmeats, or straight up go back to chicken, neither option is ideal
>why is it a part of the conversation then if you've already ordered protein powder?
because I have to toss half a scoop less in every morning shake, I thought it was obvious
> instead of calling out my obvious mistake for what it is why are you calling it a strawman
Sorry. It is in the picture too, at the top, you can check it.
>oh so you're sending the protein powder back?
Lol no why would I
>how are flax seeds expensive?
Chia are like 10-13 euro per half kg where I live, no joke. They are only sold at organic hippie stores. Haven't seen flax anywhere.
>is the omega3 supplement cheaper for the amount of omega3 you get?
Last I checked the cheapest algae DHA supplement is about 60 cents a day. Haven't checked on the salmon but it should be cheaper or at around the same price. Which is still an advantage for the salmon, because 1) it has other nutrients too and 2) it's real food, not a pill
>I mentioned chia because it doesn't taste like shit. you can be fine with flax, which is supercheap. ALA conversion rates increase in vegetarians/vegans over time, non issue really.
I've seen sources saying the conversion rates can be as low as 0.5%. Do you have sources saying otherwise? You might, because the sources I looked at were done on omnivores, but I haven't found any vegan specific ones. And we've only got a brain, I'm not risking it.
>good when are you expecting the b12 and d vitamin
saturday, together with the pea protein. I bought them to try to integrate them in my shake but if I don't get accustomed to them, I might add salmon.
Keep in mind we're already at 4 supplements (pea protein, creatine, b12, d3) and I haven't done anything about my omega 3 yet. Just remembering them is a pain in the ass.

Vegans, you are the most retarded faggots humanity has created.

Can't you understand no matter what you do or how many people you bother with your shit nothing is going to change by your retarded actions?

Until a smart man, unlike you, makes synthetic meat in a lab cheaper than living animals, everything you do is retardedly pointless. Just wait 40 to 80 years silently, retarded fucks

Go and study something fucking useful or fund synthetic meat projects. Retarded cunts

>they tend to overpay for low efficiency "Bio" crops that destroy the environment even worse than raising cattle.
What
>overpay
no
>worse than cattle
no

If killing countless insects, mice, rodents, varmints, etc. doesn't bother you then it shouldn't bother you that I kill deer and eat them. I guarantee you less animals died to feed that deer than die for your salad.

Answer me this vegan fags.

In Abrahamic religions, what separates humans from animals is that Man is made in the image of God and therefore to kill another Man is to destroy the image of God. God also put the earth here for us to use. Therefore in Abrahamic religions meat isn't murder because you can only murder humans.

Now your view point comes from being atheists and the rejection of the point stated above. Science states that we are animals the same as chickens, cows, and lambs. Because there is no distinction between Man and other "lower" animals two ethical options become available. Either you treat Man and animal as life that has inherent value, or you treat Man and animal as though they have no inherent value.

So my question is how do you justify that Man and Animal have inherent Value over the other option that Man and Animal do not have inherent value?

Secondly, lets talk about chicken eggs. For a chicken egg to be fertilized the rooster must mate with the hen before the egg is formed inside the hen. If the hen does not mate then the egg is a simple gamete. A haploid cell. Do you believe that all Haploid/Gamete cells have value? If so, Why are you not Anti-Masturbation?

Every time I see a vegan thread on fit I make a note to shoot extra animals when i go hunting. Thanks to the stalwart efforts of vegans here I have killed over a hundred animals that I otherwise wouldn't have, often leaving the bodies just to rot. Way to go vegans!

>So my question is how do you justify that Man and Animal have inherent Value over the other option that Man and Animal do not have inherent value?
What the fuck are you even saying
Animals and humans have both got moral value. Believing in science doesn't mean you are a nihilist, you've been watching too much R&M
>Secondly, lets talk about chicken eggs. For a chicken egg to be fertilized the rooster must mate with the hen before the egg is formed inside the hen. If the hen does not mate then the egg is a simple gamete. A haploid cell. Do you believe that all Haploid/Gamete cells have value? If so, Why are you not Anti-Masturbation?
I'll help you. Who makes the eggs?
>Female hens
Where did the female hens come from?
>Fertilized eggs
If I have 1000 fertilized eggs, what will I get?
>500 female and 500 male chicks
What do you think happens to the 500 male chicks who don't lay eggs?
Another point: Who makes the eggs?
>Female hens
Where do they make the eggs?
>In factories
Have you seen what happens inside these factories?
Wow man you're so badass

>What the fuck are you even saying
>Animals and humans have both got moral value. Believing in science doesn't mean you are a nihilist, you've been watching too much R&M

Not an argument. You claim that all living life has value. How do you justify this belief? Removing God from the equation opens up the two possibilities that I stated earlier.

If you can't justify why all life has inherent value then your point falls apart.

>Eggs
You're strawmanning my argument. I'm talking about the value of a Haploid cell. If your argument against haploid cells is the fact that they come out of factories then are you not vegan? Or is veganism just against factories?

>Protein powder is not fine either but I'd have to eat only beans daily, or tons of expensive mockmeats, or straight up go back to chicken, neither option is ideal
only beans? how much protein do you think you need?
>because I have to toss half a scoop less in every morning shake, I thought it was obvious
hey and you toss that half a scoop and a salmon doesn't have to die for you. what do you know
>Lol no why would I
protein powder is not real food kiddo
>Chia are like 10-13 euro per half kg where I live, no joke. They are only sold at organic hippie stores. Haven't seen flax anywhere.
I don't believe you. Where do you live? Also iherb ships flaxseeds and there has to be a vegan/bio shop near where you live that ships flax.
>Last I checked the cheapest algae DHA supplement is about 60 cents a day. Haven't checked on the salmon but it should be cheaper or at around the same price. Which is still an advantage for the salmon, because 1) it has other nutrients too and 2) it's real food, not a pill
chia is real food too, has loads of minerals and is only slightly more expensive than salmon where you live.
>I've seen sources saying the conversion rates can be as low as 0.5%. Do you have sources saying otherwise? You might, because the sources I looked at were done on omnivores, but I haven't found any vegan specific ones. And we've only got a brain, I'm not risking it.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9637947
3.8% ALA to DHA and flax is 50% ALA, so you need about 16g of flax to get your RDA of 300mg DHA
>saturday, together with the pea protein. I bought them to try to integrate them in my shake but if I don't get accustomed to them, I might add salmon.
cool
>Keep in mind we're already at 4 supplements (pea protein, creatine, b12, d3) and I haven't done anything about my omega 3 yet. Just remembering them is a pain in the ass.
pea protein and creatine is on you. those are not necessary for a healthy vegan diet or even a diet of an athlete.

>Wow man you're so badass
Thank you. Because of that very comment, another animal dies. You are directly responsible for it.
Keep replying, I have plenty of ammo.

I don't give two shits about what you do

To add, I'm not arguing that you're nihilistic. I'm stating that you can't claim an ought from an is. Similar to how Sam Harris argues that with science we can find universal ethics, but the counter argument to that is that if evolution is the general law of nature, you can make a case both for helping people and using them to better your position and neither is better than the other.

So you can make the argument that all life has inherent value, but that position is no more right than me giving some life value and other life no value based upon my needs for it.

>God
You're making your bait too obvious. If morality existed only because of belief in divine deities, then countries such as netherlands with lots of atheists would have the highest crime rates
>If you can't justify why all life has inherent value
You can't justify the opposite either, and in fact your point falls apart faster. I respect human life and I respect animal life. You respect human life but not animal life, but still haven't named the trait
>You're strawmanning my argument.
No, you have bad reading comprehension. Don't use words you don't understand.
>I'm talking about the value of a Haploid cell.
Alone, it has no value. However, you're taking it our of context. Eggs DO require mothers, the egg's mothers WILL have brothers, and the brothers are killed because they don't lay eggs while the mothers suffer.
If I sold you bananas and apples, and I told you that if you buy 1 banana you have to pay me 1 euro, while if you buy 1 apple you pay 1 euro and I shoot a puppy in the head, would you buy the apple or the banana?
I think you would buy the banana, even though apples in and of themselves have got no moral value either. Because the puppy's that comes with it weight it down.
>If your argument against haploid cells is the fact that they come out of factories then are you not vegan? Or is veganism just against factories?
Veganism is against unnecessary suffering. Eggs require suffering.

also on the point of mockmeats, if you have expensive mockmeats available, you have to have soy mince available. that stuff is cheap as shit, 0.7€ where I live for 100g (50% protein) and 300kcal

>only beans? how much protein do you think you need?
I *know* I need 0.8 grams per pound of lean body mass at the bare minimum. For the calories I eat daily, beans barely hit the mark at 150 grams, and we're talking about ZERO variety and eating 2-3 kg food daily. Sometimes (most times) I undereat because beans make me so full, or I eat spaghetti or falafel wraps which barely give me ~90g for the same calories
>a salmon
At the rate I'll be eating it it's about an animal life per year, it's way better than most
>protein powder is not real food kiddo
I explained my reasoning, let's not argue in circles
>I don't believe you.
I didn't believe my bad luck either when I googled it
>Where do you live?
Delft, I've only found chia at Holland & Barrett (meme organic overpriced hippie shop) and they didn't stock flax
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9637947
"...don't eat too much omega 6 btw, that's another thing you have to watch, yeah"
Great
>pea protein and creatine is on you. those are not necessary for a healthy vegan diet or even a diet of an athlete.
I HATE being that guy, but post body
I'll try to find chia online

>you have to have soy mince available. that stuff is cheap as shit, 0.7€ where I live for 100g
It's about 20 euro per kg where I live from "de vegetarische slager"

you can see my starting weight. I dropped over 21kg within fucking 9 weeks. You can see that I had a huge calorie deficit but desu it was fucking easy, because every food I ate had a lot of volume and complex carbs, so I never felt that hungry. I'm also doing GZCLP 4x a week + a little bit of HIIT (around 2x 20min a week)

At the same time I did IF 16:8, so I only ate 2 meals. I'm working on my bachelor so I dont have that much time to cook. My meals may seem blend and not exiting but they actually taste quite good.

This is basically how they looked.

100g oats
30g chia seeds
30g almonds
1 banana
250ml soymilk
Some mixed fronzen barries

I mix everything together and it takes me around 5 min until I'm done. This is what I have as an break at Uni.

After Uni I eat

400g-500g Lentils
400g Potatoes
tbsp conola oil for the taste
200g broccoli or kale
100g carrots
2 brazil nuts

This feels fucking amazing. Overall the only refined sugar I'm eating is from the choco soy milk, which is around 19g (below 25g of what WHO recommends).

Its not that I dont care about ethics, its just that I have my own ethics and I dont base my ethics off of what is mainstream and "cool". For example, I would never eat an animal that has actually evolved with humans and has strong connections to them (for example a dog). But why the fuck would I care about a chicken dying? It's delicious and it gives me protein. Fuck off you brainwashed vegan scum, you will never stay vegan forever, you will go back to eating meat as soon as people stop giving a shit about your "I'm vegan" speech.

This. Now we only need to kill all rapefugees to let it be so forever.

Fuck vegans. Its not that I dont care about ethics, its just that I have my own ethics and I dont base my ethics off of what is mainstream and "cool". For example, I would never eat an animal that has actually evolved with humans and has strong connections to them (for example a dog). But why the fuck would I care about a chicken dying? It's delicious and it gives me protein. Fuck off you brainwashed vegan scum, you will never stay vegan forever, you will go back to eating meat as soon as people stop giving a shit about your "I'm vegan" speech.

Also, my point about all vegans being attention seekers is only reinforced by all the stupid vegan threads people create on this board.

>I *know* I need 0.8 grams per pound of lean body mass at the bare minimum. For the calories I eat daily, beans barely hit the mark at 150 grams, and we're talking about ZERO variety and eating 2-3 kg food daily. Sometimes (most times) I undereat because beans make me so full, or I eat spaghetti or falafel wraps which barely give me ~90g for the same calories
You get used to it. I hit 130g easily with a lot of variety, could probably get 180 if I tried (>3500kcal). Don't have to eat just beans..
>At the rate I'll be eating it it's about an animal life per year, it's way better than most
unnecessary
>I didn't believe my bad luck either when I googled it
>Delft, I've only found chia at Holland & Barrett (meme organic overpriced hippie shop) and they didn't stock flax
ekoplaza.nl/producten/product/lijnzaad6
ekoplaza.nl/producten/product/raw-chiazaad-zwart
>"...don't eat too much omega 6 btw, that's another thing you have to watch, yeah"
>Great
as with any diet
>I HATE being that guy, but post body
I don't do that. 199cm, 103kg, ~18% bf take from it what you will
>I'll try to find chia online
cool

>I am le silly

>I hit 130g easily with a lot of variety
At your weight, with the 0.8 rule (which is the bare minimum for strength athletes, again), you should be getting (108*0.82)*1.8=160grams (1.8 because you said kg, in pounds it's 0.8. 0.82 means -18% for the bodyfat)
>could probably get 180 if I tried (>3500kcal).
What if I'm cutting at 2200 kcal though
>as with any diet
Omni diets are WAY less susceptible to deficiencies even if you don't pay any attention at all. I showed you 4 posts ago how many nutrients two bites of salmon offer
>I don't do that.
See, I really need to see a natty 70sbig physique to be completely sold
>ekoplaza.nl/producten/product/lijnzaad6
Sweet, those are legit cheap. And with the 3.8% conversion ratio you said I need 5.5 tablespoons flax or 7.5 tablespoons chia, which already blow 1/6th of my caloric budget out of the water

The ocean is polluted and so are the fish. Also there's the mercury.

Supplements are safer. FYI everybody should be taking vitamin D supplements because nobody (carnist or vegan) enough of it. It increases your lifespan even.

youtu.be/XCDnz1Nibdo

If you see , a cup or two soymilk and two ounces salmon cover my D3

The recommendation of vitamin D is extremly low. Also Vitamin D needs vary very heavily from person to person.

You should just move your ass to a sunny spotlight and stay there for 15min. Best vitamin D you can get. Also there is a lot of doubt that Vitamin D from animal sourses is absorbed well within our body. Dont rely on vitamin d in foods.

Oh fuck me you're right how did I miss it
It should be 5000IU, right?

Most papers say it should be at least 2000IU but 5000 would be a safe bet. You cant get problems from vitamin d from foods as long as you consume enough magnesium, k1->k2 and calcium. Vitamin D from Sun would not need that.

>5000 would be a safe bet
I went with that because that's the doctors' supplement recommendation
>Vitamin D from Sun would not need that.
No sun here friend

>At your weight, with the 0.8 rule (which is the bare minimum for strength athletes, again), you should be getting (108*0.82)*1.8=160grams (1.8 because you said kg, in pounds it's 0.8. 0.82 means -18% for the bodyfat)
I'm not 108 kilos, also with the diet that you posted beforehand, it doesn't really seem like you're even trying to get the amounts that you're talking about.
>What if I'm cutting at 2200 kcal though
then you're not getting that amount without something processed
>Omni diets are WAY less susceptible to deficiencies even if you don't pay any attention at all. I showed you 4 posts ago how many nutrients two bites of salmon offer
>b vitamins
>fuck all of minerals
>nutrition
Are you trolling? Most omni are deficient in at least one vitamin or mineral. Pop a b12 and d vitamin and with some variety in your diet it's impossible to get deficient with a WFPB diet, unless you're genetically disposed to getting deficient in something
>See, I really need to see a natty 70sbig physique to be completely sold
clarence0
>Sweet, those are legit cheap. And with the 3.8% conversion ratio you said I need 5.5 tablespoons flax or 7.5 tablespoons chia, which already blow 1/6th of my caloric budget out of the water
1/6th? are you consuming 1800 calories? I thought you said beans hit 150g of protein, which means you're around my weight.. and you're a strength athlete? at 1800 calories? I'm too tired for this. The conversion rate rises to 20% in vegans/vegetarians in time from what I've heard, btw.

nice, website url?

>I'm not 108 kilos
big difference, make that 160 into a 155. Still >130.
>then you're not getting that amount without something processed
...as a vegan.
>clarence0
I said natty
>1/6th? are you consuming 1800 calories?
350*6=2100, I am dropping to 2200.
>I thought you said beans hit 150g of protein
They do
>which means you're around my weight..
95 kg 20%bf trying to drop to 10%bf
>and you're a strength athlete?
I do strength training
>at 1800 calories?
2200. Sometimes some people cut weight.
>The conversion rate rises to 20% in vegans/vegetarians in time from what I've heard, btw.
If you give me source on that I'll love you forever.
cronometer

He can't because it's absolute garbage outside of pregnancy Chia and flax seeds have horrid conversion rates either supplement with diet or supplements if possible.

amazon.de/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=i:aps,k:vegan dha&page=2&keywords=vegan dha&ie=UTF8&qid=1507065994
1 EUROSHEKEL PER DAY FOR DHA+EPA
GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK
Anyone know anywhere I can find it cheaper?

Please watch the video. You'll see that even skateboarding teens in Hawaii don't get enough vitamin D.

Our evolution got fucked up regarding this vitamin. Basically everyone is not getting enough.

The sun doesn't give us enough! Supplement it and increase your lifespan.

I thought germans could into maths, what happened?

I got this for 8 bucks on clearance.

Vegan bros, i don't think its true that we can get DHA from flaxseed(although flaxseed is still essential to an optimum diet). The conversion rate is not good and it gets worse as we age.

I eat lots of flaxseed and take some of this. Don't bother giving me shit about supplements either because supplementation is a part of life.

The ocean is our biggest trash can. Fish were contaminated before that. These pills ate much cheaper than eating fish and safer as well.

DHA protects your brain as you age. Eat it.

>supplementation is part of life
That's pretty sad nigga

I think im going to start eating all food again. Food is literally all I have in life, without it I may as well kms. I'll let you normies do the vegan thing.

Cow's milk is fortified with vitamins
So is bread...
And breakfast cereal...
Even some eggs are fortified with omegas
Some beans I buy have Iodine

Need I go on? This is how we achieve perfect diets in an imperfect world.

Eating meat is the most normie thing I can do.

>animal product for every meal is variety

Such shameful excuses. Shame!

>That's pretty sad nigga
You just assume you're getting 100% of your nutrients because you eat a diet similar to your peers.

If you put your food into chronometer you'll see what's lacking.

That's not very helpful, does it ship to netherlands?
I'm looking at this, it comes out to 30 cents per day
amazon.de/gp/product/B019VJHIZA/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B019VJHIZA&pd_rd_r=5H3ZDP5CV7HT7J3P0ET1&pd_rd_w=TdiHn&pd_rd_wg=dTtQZ&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=N6Q54RRJNWC1M82NYZV1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=c210947d-c955-4398-98aa-d1dc27e614f1&pf_rd_i=desktop

Looks fine from here. Just find the cheapest algae DHA you can. The details don't matter too much.

Carnists aren't getting enough DHA either, as modern chicken doesnt have sufficient quantities and many people eat no fish. Everybody should be eating these supplements.

This one's pretty good.

Vegan masterrace reportan
305lbs bench, 425 skwot, 500 diddly
19:10, 5k
Just posting to show support, don't @ me

It's the same shit everyday with you niggas

>I *know* I need 0.8 grams per pound of lean body mass at the bare minimum.
>pound
>lean body mass
According to what?

It's .8 grams per kilogram of your ideal body weight.

Why does everyone laugh when someone asks about the plant's feelings. At what point do you stop caring about the life? Brain capacity? So killing insects for fun would be fine? Fewer celled organisms? Jellyfish? Then go simpler, carnivorous plants? Regular plants?

Where do you draw the line, and why?

not vegan, and don't agree with their moral arguments, but animal agriculture kills more plants and uses more land than if those same plants and land went to a human.

Maybe, but my point is, does that matter? If you take away the ethical boundaries, then it's just about eating what gives you pleasure
>meat

>400-500g Lentils

How the fuck you can eat all? I eat arround 100g and it is a lot

>milk gives you acne and low test
>I have clear skin and just got bloods showing 1050ng/dl of Free Test
> i did gomad for a year in high school and still drink 2 quarts a day

Vegcucks btfo

This doesn't even make sense. We've adapted to eat cooked meat, also I hunt for food, not every time I eat meat of course but lions are also opportunistic scavengers and won't turn down something that another animal killed. Not to mention there are plenty of other carnivores that do the same