Is Veeky Forums reliable for opinions on my looks?

OK, so I'm a long term Veeky Forums poster and I know we're a bunch of fat autistic retards who jump on everyone simply to channel our own insecurites. I get that.

Yet I've also had a lot of help from here over the years.

Reovering skelly - was 8 stone at 6ft, so like nearly fucking dead. Pale as fuck too. Not good.

I've since hit the gym, sorted my diet, etc. Did my first cycle too, which not only allowed me to put on two stone of muscle, but also got rid of my anxiety, gave me loads of drive, confidence, etc.

I'm told I have a great personality, have a good social group (guys and girls) and also have a job in the music industry, so spend a lot of time with DJs, at festivals, clubs, etc. So I'm not some autistic "yy, you too" social outcast who can't speak to women or leave the house.

Girls (and guys for that matter) comment on how much they like me as a person, but constantly call me ugly - sometimes it's blunt (normally strangers) but sometimes it's more subtle (normally friends, which hurts far more - just fucking say it).

Problem is I think I'm good looking myself. I think I look a little bit like pic related. Yeah, yeah, whiny little fag who can't sing and has too much money. That shit aside, he's good looking, and widely considered good looking too.

I'm not sure whether to post a pic here though. Just want some thoughts.

Basically I've been told I can get cosmetic surgery if I can prove people think I'm ugly. But short of going up to people in the street (which is weird in itself and wouldn't even work) there's nothing I can do.

So, would you guys be honest? Stupid idea? Good idea?

Also, thoughts in general about this. Does anyone else get told they're ugly when they think they're not? Like reverse-BDD?

Other urls found in this thread:

bdd.iocdf.org/expert-opinions/problem-of-perception/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You look a bit like beiber

That is Bieber you mong.

I've not posted my own photo yet in case you faggots go ape-shit on me.

I'm just asking if personal ratings are cool for Veeky Forums or not.

I'd ask on /soc/ but they'd tell the fucking Elephant Man he was beautiful.

>stone
i'm sorry i don't respond to mesolithic people

Post a face and body pic and I'll be brutally honest

No memes or shenanigans

>I've not posted my own photo yet in case you faggots go ape-shit on me

Do it faggot. What is the point of this thread? For us to go 'oh no we'll go easy on you'?

To basically discuss if Veeky Forums is indeed one of the best places online to get an honest opinion of your looks.

Reddit and /soc/ are too fucking soft and "nice". /b/ is just full of retarded kids who hate everything.

I can't think of anywhere else.

I did use Tinder but got very few hits. Haven't used it since I was a spooky-skelly though, and round here it's also pretty quiet and the hype has long since passed.

OK you discussed it now post your face

I promise you will receive fair criticism.

OK then. I need a decent photo and I'm not back home until tomorrow.

Could post a crappy phone/webcam photo, but that will make me look way worse than I am.

I'm actually working with another photographer tomorrow to get my modelling shots done. And before anyone asks, no, I won't be editing/shooping myself to look better. Your basic portrait with direct-flash, like the Bieber photo above, using a normal lens so it doesn't distort me, so I'll look as I do in person (or as close to).

That's actually another method I'm trying - if a modelling agency accept me, then job done. If they reject me and I get harsh feedback (or accept me and a client gives harsh feedback) then that's good too, as I'll have answers/evidence. It's a win/win really.

sloothate and lookism, though there's overlap with here so if you happen to run into someone from there you can get a good rating here as well.

Well, we now know you are retarded. All is left is how you look

I tell people they are ugly even if I secretly would suck their dick IRL. keep the pics coming, I'll do you the favor

>is it ok to post a pic bla bla lots of autistic drivel
>I have no pic yet
off yourself

post picture or shut up!

Noone has ever called me ugly.
People often tell me im handsome. When friends or their girlfriends do it doesnt feel real. But when people ive just met call me handsome then it means alot.
So when people tell you that youre ugly id believe em.
Anyways post face faggot

>tfw nobody calls me ugly
>tfw nobody calls me handsome
What did the general populous of my metropolitan area mean by this?

Well this is pretty much my thinking.

It would be nice to know if the opinions of get here are honest though.

I can't imagine using fucking Veeky Forums as evidence for a doctor would go down too well.

post it on soc if you're too autistic to post it here

>Does anyone else get told they're ugly when they think they're not? Like reverse-BDD?
it's called narcissism. I've never seen anybody call their "friend" ugly to their face so you must be really fucking ugly man, I'm sorry

>I'm not back home until tomorrow
>crappy phone/webcam photo would make me look so bad
>actually working with another photographer to get my modelling shots done

Look, if you need a photographer to shoot your photos and you can't get by with a selfie, you're probably scared shitless and ugly. No amount of money spent will make you feel any less bad from being criticised into oblivion.

>I've never seen anybody call their "friend" ugly to their face so you must be really fucking ugly man, I'm sorry
this
ive been told i look like a mongol but not ugly

OP here.

Fine you guys win. I'll show you a photo of me I found on my computer.

Please don't be too harsh.

How much can BDD really affect you? Can it affect how I see myself in the mirror or even in pictures and shit? Like I get straight up mired by girls in classes like straight gazing into my eyes and still most of the time I'm scared to even take selfies because I feel like my face looks fat af.

Basically want to know if what I'm seeing in the mirror and selfies is what other people are seeing or if BDD can really do that much to your perception.

do it op
i seriously doubt anyone on this one site in this one board on this one thread is going to recognize you

plus who the fuck cares what we say

My brother has severe BDD.

It really, truly affects visual perception. There is a lot research on how BDD sufferers process imagery, and it shows that they cannot see properly.

Here's a quote from bdd.iocdf.org/expert-opinions/problem-of-perception/

Results of an MRI :

>The results were striking. People with BDD used primarily the left half of their brain (left hemisphere) to process the high-detail, low-detail, and normal face types. This was in stark contrast to the healthy controls, who used mostly their right hemisphere to process faces (like many other studies have shown).

Basically BDD sufferers literally cant see the "bigger picture" and instead focus on minor details.

You could look like Brad Pitt, but if you have a slightly wonky nose, or a skin blemish, a BDD sufferer will only see the defects.

Fucking scary to have the knowledge that your eyes are betraying you and will never stop.

Oh and here's the really fucked up thing.

The visual processing errors in BDD patients can be applied to other objects. My brother for example spent 2 years screaming every single day because his television had a tiny black line on the left hand side.

Honestly the daily screaming wasn't an exaggeration, he would collapse at around 2 in the morning from exhaustion, sleep, then start again.

His problems would ocilate between his face and his television. We'd all prey it was the TV, because when his face was the issue, we'd find him in the bathroom covered in blood after trying to operate on his jaw (he has a mild overbite).

it is a true dysmorphic disorder after all. lightest form is a /fraud/ trip claiming to be small when he's 200lbs shredded, but there are people who unironically think they look disfigured somehow when they're hot as feck. it sometimes culminates in those people who want limbs amputated or added or facial surgery to truly feel happy.

>covered in blood after trying to operate on his jaw
this, sadly. also, what the fuck

Ok since op absolutely refuses to post pics im hijacking this thread. do i have any potential whatsoever because i feel like shit and have zero self esteem. I dont have any body pics but i'm 6'2 207 lbs.

I would say your face is average, above average, or somewhere in between. You dont seem to have any strikingly bad facial features. Clean up the facial hair or commit to a full but light beard if you can grow it. Maybe a shorter haircut, try a high bald fade and get the top scissor cut at finger length to look chad. Just my 2 cents

not too bad. facial expression radiates insecurity. smile once in a while.

OP again - seems more like autism than BDD. Don't even mean that in the "you're not getting to the exact same point I'm think therefore I'll call you autistic" Veeky Forums way, I mean like you have a problem with social interaction.

Good news is you mention classes, so I'm guessing you're still in school/college. There's plenty of time to work on that shit, you'll be fine. Assuming you're not genuinely ugly, the old "just be confident bro" thing works just fine.

See this is true, fucked up, mental illness BDD. Horrible shit to go through.

Saw a docu on it once - guys and girls were featured.

Some were genuinely good looking. One of the guys was fucking model material and could have fucked any girl he wanted (no homo).

Problem was, the other half (and it was like the program makers did it on purpose) genuinely were fucking uggos. One girl was your typical "fuck me, keep it away from me" fat carrot ginger with freckles, and was crying about how she thought she was ugly for being a zombie ginger with freckles.

Another guy complained about his big nose, and thought that needed fixing.

Both of them were told, by families and professionals, that they had BDD. Typical middle-class middle-America cunts who won't let anything destroy their perfect existence.

And you find yourself screaming at the fucking screen "NO, GET A FUCKIN NOSE JOB AND YOU'LL BE FINE!"

That's where BDD is such a truly evil illness, because it has such division which makes both sides worse.If people just said "yeah dude, your nose is fucking horrible, but it's cool we can fix that with a simple operation now" or "yeah girl, you're a fat ginger with horrible skin, but we can fix that with dye, make-up, exercise and sass" it would save so much time, money, and sometimes actual lives.

Name of the docu please.
Or ill commit sudoku
jajaja omg XD

Can't remember now. Just search "body dysmorphic" or similar on YT.

if you dont get many matches on tinder then you have your answer. stop coping

Right fine.

All I've got right now is a profile picture I can pull up, but I've had to crop my friends out so that's why it's such shitty res.

Not ideal, but do your worst.

you look like a butt

Weak hairline, weak jawline, pedo stache, shitty hair, weak eyes. 3/10, 3.5 at best.
Nothing exceptional, but everything's pretty solid, other anons' advice is good. 6/10.

Honestly you look like an average joe.

Continue working on your body and make career gains, not point cursing over something you can't change.

Or...do something about it.

The only thing you cannot change is your height. The rest is just laziness and excuses.

More specific? Nothing to work with there.

Hairline looks bad in that photo, but we can fix that. Always been that high btw, not balding. Stache is a constant issue, can probably be lasered off (waxing didn't work). Eyes, need more detail to work with.

More detail? Can't change if we don't know what we're aiming for. Everything can be changed expect height. Accepting second place is not the way to go.

Oh and forgot to mention jawline. We thinking less, more?

My sister is having a double-jaw reduction.
Skipped the queue by going via her dentist and lying about a clicking jaw, although from details I've been given they know what she's really after and it's largely cosmetic.

you're cute! def a guy i'd date. ur gonna be bald, accept it. try shaving already

Unfortunately not on the bald thing. Had that hairline since I was a kid. My Dad had the same thing and had it until he died.

Good news is I'm looking at hair transplants to fill in those peaks though. Quite cheap and very effective. Given it isn't receding it isn't a big procedure.

No excuses as I say.

Yeah you're good looking. Shave the mustache though

It's way worse on the shitty phone photo, but yeah. As I say, should be lasered off.

I always joke that whenever you see an example of a pedo who doesn't fit the "dirty old man" stereotype and is a young guy, he ALWAYS has that little top-lip stache.

Will get it removed. Laser surgery is like a few hundred at most for an area that small.

Not OP, but it kind off happens to me. I am self conscious, I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses. Since I always joke about me looking like hunchback of notre dame, my friends don't have a problem calling me an ugly piece of shit. I call the short ones dwarves, the fatsos are concrete mixers, so it is all fair and square among us. However, I have never had anyone call me ugly just out of the blue.

Don't listen to , you look quite average. Hair is the only bad thing, get a better cut and you'll be fine. You definitely aren't ugly enough for people to be saying it to your face.

You related to Gordon Ramsey?

Yeah, I'm 50/50. It's typical jealous Veeky Forums basement dweller, unless he gives me specifics. In which case I'll listen to him. Like I say, it's win/win. Someone could say "jesus fucking christ, your nose makes you 0/10 because it's enormous!" and I'd just get it reduced.

Must admit, the more I look at that photo and the constant hair comments, the more I think two things -

1. That's a photo that really fucking exaggerates my hairline.

2. If it's just hair transplants, we're fucking laughing.

I'll post a better picture tomorrow as I say. Being serious though, my hair is more like pic related right now with a similar hairline.

Incidentally, someone else I personally think I look quite like.

Do you want to change it?

Taken me fucking years to build up the courage to post a picture, and we'e getting somewhere. And it's so fucking liberating.

Might make a huge difference dude.