>Veeky Forums will defend this

news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/dating/this-guys-relationship-ultimatum-has-the-internet-up-in-arms/news-story/2d7fde7f93ed8c2e3e8e8441bdd6934b
>A 28-YEAR-OLD woman has taken to the internet to ask for advice after her boyfriend gave her an ultimatum: If she wants him to propose, she’ll have to lose some weight.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ETLE7
archive.is/Tx0Ey
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, he should just leave her.

This desu

How heavy is she?
How much weight does he want her to lose?

fpbp

/thread

There is literally nothing wrong with that. But she is obviously a narcisstic harpy, and this user is correct.

>Be honest with me!

Honesty ensues.

>REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Is it a bad thing for a certain level of fitness to be required of a wife/gf? No

Is it a bad thing that you're marrying someone even if you don't love them enough that it doesn't matter? Yes

This is gonna lead to more issues. He needs to ditch her ASAP

>she is attempting to internet shame him
>she'll shit test him by resisting or refusing
Yea, her relationship ended the second she posted this... at least if it were me.

Why is this in the news?

>Is it a bad thing that you're marrying someone even if you don't love them enough that it doesn't matter? Yes

Fuck off you cunt. He loves her enough to want her to be the best she can be and is giving her an incentive to do so.

muh stronk independent womyn who are always perfect and dont need no man or to improve in any way

>I want you to propose, if I leave you lose half ur shit
>I want you to get fit, if I leave you keep ur gains and the health

One of these is unreasonable, but not the one the article implied

Honestly the guy is in the wrong here and let me explain why.

Health and fitness clearly was not important to the woman while they have been dating. The guy should have recognized this way earlier on. Now he has prolonged a relationship that he knows he never wanted to be in in the first place and is trying to either find a way out or a way to force it to be what he wants. The latter isn't going to happen. He should've been up front in the first place and left her. I made the same mistake earlier in my life and took what should've been a 6 month relationship last 3 years and it left us both worse off in the end. They are both wrong for each other, plain and simple.

This

tbf he's probably not even wanting a "fitness gurl" gf, just someone who isn't fat, which is fair enough

this. a marriage built on an ultimatum won't last and both parties will be better off if they split up.

>Oh man all these people on the internet are saying I'm an asshole
>alright I guess I'll just marry you then hon

Holy shit why is this even an issue? Just fix your dietary habits, stop eating trash, stop eating all the time, and stop doing things that stress you out. Then start exercising, start getting plenty of rest, and Bam, you're before you know it, you're now thin and hot with a better attitude, better lifestyle, a boyfriend who is physically attracted to you, and not disgusted with yourself.

No chance she got complacent and started a slow bulk and he let it go a bit too long?

People don't change. If she doesn't want to do it on her own, it won't work. He just needs to drop her.

>People don't change
Sounds like something a lazy person would say to avoid improving themselves

I mean I would consider "dating" a bigger girl but I don't want to marry one.

nah, is right. do you even leave your basement? if you try to make your daughter a nun, she's gonna suck 12 cocks every night. if you try to get a friend to quit smoking when they themselves don't care about lung cancer then you're hopeless. the best you can ever do is stop putting pressure on people because that cause them to rebel and make stupid decisions. you can lead a horse to water, but you sure as fuck can't make it drink.

lazy people don't say you can't make people change. lazy people ARE the ones who don't change. and was right when he said that.

why is this trash newsworthy? western journalism is a joke. also here's my prediction: she'll lose the weight, get fat after the poor bloke signs his life away, and then lose the weight again before she divorces and cashes out

this

This.
She probably gave him a marriage ultimatum and he gave her an ultimatium.
Instead of wondering why or getting pissed and dropping or even losing the weight and wanting him to get fit as well...
She bitched on the internet to her hugbox of fatties.

I hope she realizes that she not only comes off as a fat lazy ass, but probably ruined any chance of their relationship going anywhere.
It doesn't just paint him as a dick either, he can now probably pull women who're willing to do the bare minimum of staying thin and attractive now.
She better damned well have something amazing going on with that guy.

>implying that nigga is going to stay with her after she makes this big fuss about it instead of just talking to him or losing the fucking weight.

He's going to dump her fat ass yesterday.
Best part, even if she does lose weight or becomes a cardiobunny/instathot tier piece of ass he'll still not go back to her because he knows she's a porker. Every other guy will know it too.
She's a bangsnap. Get a quick loud bang, then move on to the next one.

You're retarded.
My girlfriend gave me an ultimatum for having a child.
Give up smoking and eat better or no kid.

There is nothing wrong with pro quo in a relationship. You'll stay with them regardless because yes you do love them.
However you have to pick your battles.

He wants what's best for her. Not only this, but she will thank him when she looks great in the wedding dress opposed to being a fat shit.

OP's pic says they were together for 5 years and own a house. if this guy even has to negotiate not being a fat fuck with her then I bet he's the type of fool that has been putting up with her crap since the relationship began, and will continue to after this stunt has run its course. if he wasn't he could have replaced her literally yesteryear and not dealt with this to begin with

australian men and muslims only alphas left

Dude, this bullshit she pulled is the kind of stuff that you end relationships over.
He can kick her ass to the curb(and he damned well might) and not a single solitary person on the planet will blame him.
I mean, this fat lazy selfish cunt would rather risk their entire relationship and blow a real marriage proposal then just losing a few goddamned pounds by not eating so much and becoming a bit more active.

She fucked up.
She just threw that relationship out of the window.

In times of stress or situations were you are forced to act fast people tend to fall back into old habits
So how long will it take until she's fat again cause
Hurr Durrr My work is stressing me so hard i cant find time to eat, who are you to denie me my sugar, etc

Can relate to this
I tried to get a exgf to be a responsible person
Biggest mistake ever

I hope he dumps her ass, unfortunately 90% of dudes don't have the balls to do that and put up with this shit. I see it all the time irl, sad!

Hurr?!

DURRR?!?!?!

And if she doesn't keep it off? Guys an idiot, should just leave her if its that big a deal

If he doesnt want to marry a fatty then thats his right as a free human being

This young sap doesn't what he's dealing with. There is no victory, only survival

>news is now just reposted material from reddit

archive.is/ETLE7
Here's the original reddit thread if you want to get mad for some reason.
The OP was deleted, but she didn't actually indicate how fat she was. She made a bunch of excuses and downplayed her fatness so everyone would assume the boyfriend was an asshole who only wanted a super model. Nevermind that she could've admitted to obesity and reddit would still side with her.
Not as rage-inducing without fat OP making fat people excuses and then seeing everyone defend her disgusting lard.

Bro I just clicked it and the OPs post was back archive.is/Tx0Ey

I PROPOSED BUT SHE SAYS SHE WONT MARRY ME TILL I GET MY DRINKING UNDER CONTROL WTF AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

to be honest, i'd rather have a smoking hot wife leaving me than a fatty for life.

Can attest. Gained 20 kg after losing 25 kg last year, 'cause got paid and ate like there wasn't a tomorrow.

Not like the person won't jump back on the saddle, tho. Second week of -500 calorie diet and gotta say. Happier eating right and exercising than when working hard and using the paychecks for delicious delicious ice creams.

This entire culture and civilization could be just summed up as
>females can have preferences, males can compromise
That is all there is to it.

>wants to be a role model for her children
>divorces husband

Gee whiz

I can OHP lmao1milf

> Own a house together.
> Inextricably entwined already.
Just put the size 10 ring on her sausage link and be done with it.

>trying to change a woman pre-marriage
He already lost.

>This entire culture and civilization could be just summed up as
>>females can have preferences, males can compromise
>That is all there is to it.
The real problem is both chads and arnolds and other desirables and undesirables making compromises while taking everything with a yes dear OK dear

>people cant better themselves

Damn this has officially proven to me how straight up retarded redditors are. They literally got one piece of information from the relationship and made a whole psychiatric diagnosis on how he's a manipulator. I didn't even read most of the comments because they're all so dumb.

They also get hung up on how he's okay with dating. Well of course. Dating and marriage and family are two very different things. I personally wouldn't date anyone I wouldn't marry though so he might be a bit of a retard himself.

If he really didnt care about her he would have left her. He wants to be attracted to her bc he actually likes her, but he can't like her is she's fucking fat bc no one does, only weird ass niggas

>He wants what's best for her.
You all keep saying this but we all know that he doesn't give a fuck about what's best for her, he just doesn't want a fat partner because he doesn't like the idea. Her health beneficts are only a side effect.
Which is totally fine and 100% his right, but let's own it.

Fucking hell. I don't realize they made engagement rings for diabetic tennis balls.

As you can see by the more than snug fit, they don't. Chances are it's not actually an engagement ring but just a shitty piece of quartz she bought on Etsy.

>>>reddit

>stop doing things that stress you out

Yeah no, living is stress. For some of us more than others. Used to be Veeky Forums now put on some weight, that's what happens when you've got stress from trying to get your husband a visa so you can stay together, worrying about it being rejected and the government tearing you apart, worried about his family finding out about your marriage, which they did two days ago when they were called about the visa and it didn't go well, oh yeah his mum is dying from cancer and you don't even have a family other than your homeless mentally ill sibling, worried about husband being accepted into a university, worried about your weight, worried about struggling financially, worried about just becoming unemployed and having nothing to pay rent next week

I'll repeat, life is stress

because it's 2017

desu would you like to marry someone you don't find attractive? or someone who you know will die way before you because of obesity related issues? or someone who won't be able to even have children because of her weight?
It's hard to say if those things are an issue here, since we don't know just HOW fat she is, but they could be a problem to some and a legitimate reason not to consider marriage.

Life is not stress, life is pain. Stress is the result of not being able to handle the pain. You can and probably should educate yourself on how to tame stress, because it's actually possible and you can do it just by reading the right books.

I don't understand. Help me understand?

This post is a very good post.

>because she's weak and emotionally dependant on him, she'll comply to unlock the marriage achievement
>they marry while other guys start taking notice of her nice physique too, instantly orbiting her in packs
>sooner or later after the honeymoon she realizes this and enjoys the attention
>cheating happens
>runs off with new guy, while taking half her husbands stuff

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what kind of books?

Yes they do.
Men who are willing to make that kind of committment but have that kind of caveat for marriage are more then willing to leave a woman or just drag her along till she either complies or leaves.

He's going to dump her ass after this stunt like yesterday. Nothing about what she did and this situations speaks to her being a an even partially decent potential wife or mother.

If you're still here, any books about life or philosophy in general are good. There's so many facets to life that it's hard to exactly pin-point which kind would help you the most. A lot of people find comfort and relief in religious books, some enjoy books by Eckhart Tolle, others like things like Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

These books will help people deal with life not only today, but the rest of their lives and possibly the lives of their children too. I cannot recommend reading books enough.

Dubs he should start fucking her sister aswell.

>thinking you're entitled to marriage

entitled women! you have to earn it!

To distract us from the fbi gun running scheme to isis gone wrong in LV.

>marriage
loving every laugh at these beta cucks who got forced into a prison sentence by someone they probably wont love anymore in 8 years

Yeah, if she's not already doing it for herself, it won't be sustainable.

She is just going to gain the weight back with interest after the wedding.

Yeah well, she won't have that opportunity anymore.

But you don't need to be into health and fitness to realize obesity literally kills you. There's a difference between cutting back on hamburgers and jogging once or twice a week and lifting, training for races, and counting your macros. The former is just respecting your partner enough to make sure you stay healthy for a long time.

Better than trying to change her post-marriage

>I want you to lose weight to show me your commitment
>WTF wait until tumblr hears about this!
dumb cunt