doing 8RM day

> doing 8RM day
> coach tells me to stop pushing my hips out so far
> says to keep better balance
> I've been told to keep weight on my heels and press through my heels my entire three years of lifting
> try it
> holy fuck that wasn't bad, I had to bail after seven on that weight last week
> i've been squatting for three years and I'm still doing basic shit wrong

post things you learned way too late

So you're just standing up?

Are you mid foot now?

Why can’t you push through heels? Just break at your knees brah.

yeah mid foot, much better

low bar?

The squat is actually much more technical than most people give it credit for. Little changes can make a huge difference.

Things I noticed:

>Pushing my tongue up hard against the roof of my mouth makes my quads stronger
>going too wide actually makes the lift harder
>stretching your shoulders helps just as much as stretching your legs beforehand

then again I'm a 6'2" lanklet so my squat form is all strange

no I do oly lifting

yeah, mid foot will help then because you're not lowering yourself into your squat.

highbar is basically the same movement as a front squat. You can't front squat by engaging your hips first without using balance. So you sit down, which results in mid foot balance

You know what all this tells me about you?
>you aren't cueing your chest up in your squats
>you do highbar, unless your wide is literally wider than the rack
>your shoulders are too tight and experience impingement when you narrow your grip
Focus on cueing your chest up, only if you don't lowbar, so you don't crumple and make the lift harder. Strengthen your hips and glutes so you don't get imbalances later. Lastly, stretch so you don't run into problems later on in life.

What do you mean my shoulders are too tight? Aren't you supposed to keep your shoulders tight when you squat so that the bar rests on your traps?

>reverse breeathing
Tongue pushing roof of the mouth, breathing through nose only, flex and pull in your core as you breathe in, relax it as you exhale. Takes a bit to get used to, straight up godly core gains afterwards

i find that a wider stance helps me use more muscles than the standard hip width

Only if youre fat. If youre skinny youll snap from doing that

Not that guy but "tight shoulder" in this context you need more flexibility

If your shoulder is not flexible enough its harder to keep the elbows in the right position to "tightening your back" - in this context, contracting your muscles to support the bar.

You need your elbows to be in and back

>these are the people giving you advice of Veeky Forums
how would my bodyfat affect my leverages and hip morphology in terms of stance width?

just imagine your feet are glued to the ground and (with neutral spine and bracer core) try to "pull" yourself to the ground with your feet.
similarly, in deadlift brace your core and keep neutral spine then press the ground away from you. when the bar passes mid-tight push hips forward.
in bench imagine there is a big spring sitting on your chest under the bar, PULL the bar towardsyour sternum compressing the imaginary spring then let it explode up.

Maybe I'm not getting it but that sounds stupid as fuck

He's a retard who is just making shit up.

shut up, that's how

try it

are shoes important with squats or is that another meme?

the virgin squats vs the chad thrust