Is it a real /gym/?

Is it a real /gym/?

Other urls found in this thread:

tinypic.com/player.php?v=2nghbht&s=7#.WdTO62i0OUl
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_vqFq7J9vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The planet fitness by me is dope af. None of that shit you see online, no hunk alarm, no purpple all over and no fatties in the weight section. They got all the same shit as this hyped up Virgin Active (pool, squash that I never use) by me at like half the price.

$60 vs $22pm. Easy choice

What the fuck are you on about.

Its a scam
>be gym that offers pizza and candy to gym goers
>have tanning beds and massage chairs
>revoke the membership of people who actually put effort in their exercise
Its a facility for fattys to feel good that they are in a gym, without actually having them gain in a progress; they'll be members for life

>go at midnight since I work night shift
>don't eat pizza and candy - not that hard fatty I guess grocery stores are bad because they have those too you fucking man child
>use hydro bed after workout is god tier
explain to me how I'm wrong exactly

No, it's more a "fitness club".

tinypic.com/player.php?v=2nghbht&s=7#.WdTO62i0OUl

Congratulations for you
Majority of Planet Fitness clientele are overweight fat fucks trying to drop the pounds in their "judgement free zone".
They have no self control and will happily scarf down a slice or 5 of pizza, workout for 5 minutes then spend 2 hours on the massage chairs and think they got a decent workout
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_vqFq7J9vs

If you have discipline and willpower it doesn't matter a lot where you are or what youi are tempted with
Most people aren't like you though, so they need an environment that facilitates focus and eliminates temptations, like a gym
Planet Fatness uses that label, "gym", then robs it of part of its meaning by letting, no, encouraging fatties do the same thing that made them need a gym in the first place
It's not criminal, people can certain workout wherever they want to and eat whatever they feel like, but it's morally bankrupt

Straight up, I go to Goodlife 5 days a week when I'm at work in the city, but in my town there's only a PF nearby. For the two days a week I use it (for $10/month) it's just fine. Do pump-style workouts and cardio.
You need a real gym to do barbell shit since they don't even have dumbells beyond 75 lbs, but if you can't get a good workout with 75 lb dumbells you're either a) e-statting b) larping or c) a member of a real gym
Don't listen to the fucktards here talking about pizza, fatties, or the lunk alarm. Don't eat pizza the one day a month it's there, don't scream and they don't set off the alarm, and you shouldn't give a shit about other people working out (or pretending to) anyway

>>revoke the membership of people who actually put effort in their exercise
name one that has actually done this faggot, staged jewtube vids don't count

>
Majority of Planet Fitness clientele are overweight fat fucks trying to drop the pounds in their "judgement free zone".
literally who cares, I don't give a fuck what fatties do any more than I care what they do outside of the gym. They don't get in my way and leave the free weight section abandoned anyway
come up with a better excuse than giving a shit what fat fucks do, cunt

Stay away from the free food. But it's really not that bad of a place unless you're a ego maniac.

>name one that has actually done this faggot, staged jewtube vids don't count
try dead lifting in any PF

>literally who cares, I don't give a fuck what fatties do any more than I care what they do outside of the gym. They don't get in my way and leave the free weight section abandoned anyway
come up with a better excuse than giving a shit what fat fucks do, cunt
well congradufuckinglations to you you little hard worker you
doesn't change the fact PF is scam preying on fatties

it's a fitness club.

they don't have barbells, and dumbbells go up to 75

candy at the front desk

>try dead lifting in any PF

with what barbell? You can DL on a smith machine if you want.

>doesn't change the fact PF is scam preying on fatties
who gives a shit if they're praying on fatties. it's a smart business model and it leaves the free weights open. are you a super salty faty that got scammed by them or what?

all gyms are fucking scams for fat people, losing weight is 90% diet

Don't they not have barbells or dumbbells above 25lbs?

no barbells, just smith machine.

dumbbells go to 75

I always thought it was a meme but then someone told me you can get massages there and now I'm considering going.

not an argument
if you have any idea what you're doing, you can have a decent workout with way less than a PF has. you're a dyel brainlet faggot who's likely 30% bodyfat. also kys.

Do you go to PF? Have these people impacted you or your workouts in any way? I would think a hardcore alpha like you would be grateful they're quarantined in a PF.

I literally went from 250 tub o shit to 170 last year at a PF for less than one months membership at my new gym. PF helped me chang my life around. Yes they have bagels. Yes they have Tootsie Rolls. No one put a gun to my head and made me eat any of it, no one resented me for making progress, and no one charged me usurious rates to life their weights. Don't be mad because someone has a decent business model. Focus on yourself.

The one by me is super dope. Yeah the purple is kinda gay, and yes, during the daytime there are tons of fatties on all the cardio, but I'm a late night gymmer. Like 12-3 am. The night team lets me deadlift and everything, seeing as I'm usually one of the two people there, the other one either being a recovered fatty, or a dude who gives me tips, both chill as hell.

They're talking about opening one here and saying there's gonna be dirt cheap memberships, free food days, and even plans you can sign up to that include unlimited haircuts.

OTOH, I hear also they pretty much eliminate squatting and deadlifting. And I'm not a big machine guy. Not necessarily because I'm old school but because many machines do a great job of eliminating acute injuries but are very bad about *causing* chronic injuries.

t. PF marketing team

how do you deadlift tho? they dont have barbells......

That's my question too. Do you just not do squats and deadlifts?

And even if you believe Smith machine squats are an okay exercise- which most people don't- there's no way you can plan on doing that long term.

Smith machine deadlift, probably

You should kys if you do that, user

Mine has one normal squat rack. I do my stuff there. It's never really used outside of like 5-6 people and you can tell. I feel like I won the lottery with this one.

If the one they're talking about opening here has a squat rack I'm in. Hell, even if they don't allow deadlifts I might still be in at those prices as long as they have barbells and a rack. But I keep seeing stuff online like, "Here's how you do Smith machine squats at PF".

Discapline and will power are not traits often found in fat fucks.

I train but I still manage to be morally bankrupt.

is there anything i should know about fitness edge?

PF is the fucking bomb. Enough machines and equipment no waits. Fantastic amenities. Clean. Professional employees. No meatheads, dyels, or larping faggots. Best gym out there unless you’re a powerlifter or professional bodybuilder then I can see why you would workout there.

Its not bad, I got the black card for 20 a month, it doesn't do the free pizza or bagel shit, has nice staff, and even a decent weight section, even a couple of squat racks. If anything the only bad part are the fatties and old people who hate anyone young and in decent shape.

anything i should know about fitness edge?