Rowing Machines

Are rowing machines THAT good for cardio? How about for toning the arms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qDqMHFdZGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.
toning is a meme

If you mean lower bodyfat%, yes.

I dont know but I do this for 1000m and by the end I literally want to kill myself.

Yes they are and they're great for your shoulders. You're shoulders are probably rolled forward pretty badly from bending over and taking it up the butt all the time.

I can do 500m in 2 minutes with a average speed of 32m/s

Pony express to snap city if you're putting resistance above 5, and/or not using correct form, but yes good for cardio.

can i sub rowing in for the WYLT exercise?

Average speed is normally measured in time/500m. You sure you're talking about s/m, the amount of strokes you make per minute?

Anyway you should aim for 1.30

Not talking*

i usually row for around 10 minutes to warm up i like it since it's not just legs and i get to stretch and contract my lats

Any split on a distance below 2k is meaningless

What's your reasoning? Is the form really that difficult?

I can row 500 in about 1 minutes and 20 seconds. And I'm 110kg.

It takes a fair bit of coordination when you're starting out.

lmao bruh you push and then pull what fucking advanced coordination do you need for that? like how big of a dork can you be lol

What is the difference between a rowing cardio machine and a rowing (for lifting) machine?

Wtf? Why would you do rows on the sliding curl chair?

Yeah I'm not arguing with that I was just wondering if anyone knew the specifics of how you could "snap your shit up" rowing. I didn't particularly think you could

Former crewfag here, if you do it with the correct form and press mostly with your legs then yes it's probably one of the best cardio workouts you can do. I use it for HIIT every other day while cutting and I've gotten much better results doing that consistently than other methods of cardio.

I've been looking into buying a rowing machine for home and was wondering if anyone could tell me if air resistance is decent or should I the magnetic route?
I'm just looking to get in some cardio and hiit.
I know that with air the harder you pull the harder the resistance and magnetic is more consistent, but are there any drawbacks? From everything I've read it really just seems like the price is the only real determining factor.

Air is more akin to actual rowing. If you're just doing it for cardio, get whatever's in your price range.

It's not difficult once you get the hang of it, but if you continue to row over an extended period of time with poor form(especially using high resistance) it will fuck up your lower back.

A good general rule of thumb is using 70% legs, 20% back, 10% arms. The back and arms should essentially be used to drag out the row and maximize the distance rowed, while the power should all be coming from the legs.

At the catch(beginning of the row) you push legs, then pull with back, then pull bis until the handle is basically at your sternum, then you go exactly backwards, extend arms, bring torso forward, return legs to the catch position. If you can do that all in order and fluidly you'll be fine.

The biggest thing to avoid is being a sperglord who sets the resistance to 10 and throws his whole back into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qDqMHFdZGU