Are we the elite?

there are people out there who literally don't know how to bench press, how to squat and how to deadlift

I went to my hairdresser the other day who told me "I only use machines, they were designed to be more efficient"

I know we like to talk shit to each other here on Veeky Forums, but no matter how dyel you are, if you have the big 4 lifts in your routine (bench , squat, deadlift , ohp) then you have my respect. It is really crazy how ignorant people outside of Veeky Forums really can be.

Just go to any gym and you see a bunch of skellies curling 10 lb dumbbells, a bunch of fatties doing crunches. No one in my fucking gym uses the squat rack. It is always empty when I go there, and when I load 4 plates people think I am some sort of God or something.

>hairdresser
u some kinda queer?

>are we elite

there are people who never touched a weight before that probably out bench you, outsquat you, and outdeadlift you just due to superior genetics

you are not elite unless you go to IPF nationals

A faggot ?!? on Veeky Forums?!?
No way!!

how am I supposed to cut my hair? I need a professional to do that for me, otherwise I'll fuck it up.

Just go full skinhead, we know you're balding anyway.

Professionals who cut men's hair are called barbers. Also
>not cutting your own hair with a clipper

b-but I'm not

I don't do squats/deadlifts because they're not really good isolation exercises and can hurt you really badly if you fuck up.

Can't really see why someone wouldn't bench press, use dumbells or do ohps tho

not gonna make it.

>hurr durr isolation exercises
you sound skinny. do your compounds, faggot. they're waaayyy better at overall muscular development then your fucking leg extensions and calf raises. weakling

>not doing lifts because you're scared of getting injured even though they're perfectly safe
pussy

I bet OP is some skinnyfat /v/ dyel autist who thinks he's better than his aesthetic well-adjusted hairdresser because he follows the instructions his newfound internet friends on Veeky Forums told him

Veeky Forums I confess for I have sinned. I've been skipping bench.

Average bulking compound only guy looks like a fat fuck and has no work capacity or decent looking gains.

learn to cut your own hair. saves thousands of dollars over a lifetime

Barbers are for boring fucks that want K-Mart haircuts.

Don't. Go Samson mode.

I do bench deadlift and ohp and try to squat but I no matter what I do my form can't be right because of no ankle dorsiflexion.
Does this mean I'm still the elite

Lately my gym os overrun with teens doing nothing but 20 varieties of curls for an hour and then half repping lmoa 0,5plate on the bench. Where the fuck do they come from and where do they get their information.

A few years ago when I was first getting into uni I read up on Veeky Forums and searched for gyms. I live in the most central part of Athens, Greece, and out of 15+ gyms within walking distance I only found one that actually had a squat rack. I was a complete dyel, 5'11 120lbs, and I started doing SS. I was approached on multiple occasions by people asking me
>hey man, are you sure you should be doing squats and bench on the same day?
After reaching 1pl8 squat most people stopped asking me and I was approached by the only 2 beasts in the gym that actually lifted (2 brothers, my height, 225+lbs), they gave me pointers on my form and congratulated me for trying hard. We became quick friends and brought a couple of other guys in our "group", simply by approaching anyone that squatted consistently without a pussypad or gloves (not more than 3 people in my 2 years there).
I still recall me deadlifting a miserable (by Veeky Forums standards) 2pl8 and getting looks by everyone in the gym. I never saw anyone deadlift there, and there were plenty of juicers mind you.
Good times, unfortunately the owner ended up getting shot just outside the gym by some looney and I started working out at home.
Anyways, going to the gym actually showed me that those that actually try are few.

>be american
>???????????????????

This is one of the most pathetically pretentious things I've ever read on this site. Most people who are interested in physical fitness play an actual sport. The people who are impressed by your 4 plate squat are only impressed because they cannot fathom that someone would spend as much time lifting weights as you do. It's a good hobby but you need some perspective.

I think they may be impressed if they see you do that shit in the gym, but more so if they see you looking even mildly aesthetic and do other things beside lift.

I.e. be a normal person who also lifts, which the vast majority of people cannot do apparently.

I hear a lot about people never doing compounds, but don't worry Veeky Forums.
My uni gym has 50$ "personal training" sessions (basically just some kid teaches you how to squat and DL with decent form).
Every squatrack is full (we have at least 15) every DL bar in use. Everyone who isn't new is benching at least 2 plates.
Best use of uni funds I've seen.

>Greece
Don't you guys have Pyrros Dimas? Shouldn't some people be wise to lifting weights properly?

Was gonna ask same

Just because you know how to do a simple lift doesn't mean your some kind of god. Kys faggot.

No, we're not the elite.
We're not knowledgeable too, we just decided to do some search.

I started going to the gym again in September after years of laziness and it was the first time I did the 4 big lifts. I did bodyweight fitness for three months before it. I lifted 93kgs today at the gym and it's a low weight, but people are deadlifting two 12kgs dumbells there.

Do they notice me? No.
They notice two kind of people: bitches and frauds.
Go full steroid and then you're a noble among the plebs.

They didnt notice you because youre fucking lifting bitch weight idiot. Gotta be squatting at least 3.5 plate for it to be taken seriously. Average casual gymgoers who go to "tone" lift that 93kg.

No, you're just a faggot. You're just as cringy as the gun owners and martial artists that think they're billy badass because they have different interest than most people

95+ % of the males at my gym easily deadlift 93kg, it's nothing. The ones who don't are like 14 years old

Did you even read what I wrote? Of course that's a bitch weight, but my point was that no one is even trying.

Took me years to accept that, but it's true.

I do not understand people who avoid dead lift. Squat I understand, even if I don't agree with it. But deadlift? It's picking something heavy off the fucking floor. There is not a single more common use of strength than this.

I only use dumbells for my exercises

That 8 shit crap from athlean x

Most people have no idea how to brace and get tight, they just hold their breath (without breathing first) and pick it up, then the weight gets heavy and they feel uncomfortable and stop.

>Barbers are for boring fucks that want K-Mart haircuts.
>not like me, heh, im cool and different and its all thanks to my personally stylized hair that i got from my hairdresser

>Everyone who isn't new is benching at least 2 plates.
>Have been lifting since November and still don't reach 2pl8

me too

>Just go to any gym and you see a bunch of skellies curling 10 lb dumbbells
>a bunch of fatties doing crunches
>No one in my fucking gym uses the squat rack
Man I wish this was how it was at my college rec center gym. Well the people not using the racks anyway. Here there's a pretty even split between using the middle dumbells and people using the heavy db's. Free weight room is packed with people using every rack typically, benches taken, and people generally putting up more weight than me. I know I'm a dyel but what I typically read on here is that people at other gyms are weak, which I can guess has some correlation to it being a college gym.
I know I am sure as shit not the elite just by having the 4 big lifts

Well no shit they didnt notice you, youre deadlifting 93 kg. Thats what any male can deadlift after 2 months of lifting lol

> this is what saloncucks actually believe

>work very hard to be big and sexy
>choose to have a lower class haircut

douch-y as this sounds, it's actually pretty true. it's not really possible to be "elite" at a recreational activity.

>if you have the big 4 lifts in your routine (bench , squat, deadlift , ohp)

There's 3 big lifts homie
Snatch
Clean
Jerk

If those aren't in your routine, you are NOT part of the elite.

i support your decision user. anyone who tells you that you need to do a certain exercise to get strong or fit is a retard

>recreational activity
found the normie

how many people on this site are actual competitive powerlifters or weightlifters?

>my respect
too bad your respect ain't worthy a shit

you're kinda right. I deadlift 200kg for reps at a normie gym no one gives a flying fuck.

>I don't do squats/deadlifts
>they're not really good isolation exercises
>can hurt you really badly if you fuck up
>Can't really see why someone wouldn't bench press
WTF

Everything about this post just blows my mind. Screwing up bench press causes way more injuries by far. Isolation exercises in general are pretty bad for you. You're supposed to compliment your compound lifts with isolation exercises if you're going to do them.

I really wish I could see a picture of what you look like currently.

Depends on where you're at. At a University gym, the vast majority of the guys know how to do the big 4 lifts, and a lot of the women too.

My benchmark for considering someone not DYEL mode is the classic 1/2/3/4. I know nearly everyone here can hit this, but I see it as the bare minimum standard for someone who lifts, unless they're some kind of freak of nature (ie. 7' tall 300lbs or 4'11" 150lbs) or a woman.

>I know nearly everyone here can hit this
kek

I disagree. Just because people aren't staring slack-jaw at you doesn't mean they aren't noticing. I've been surprised many times before by meeting people out in public who say that they recognize me as "that guy who lifts a ton of weight at the gym" or something along those lines. Not even a one time coincidence, but probably like five times this has happened now.

I live in a major U.S. city and all the machines are a ghost town and the weight room is packed

If you go to some bumblefuck town or a shit suburb full of dumb white people you can be sure as shit that you'll see a bunch of ignorant fatties and skellies

>been lifting for 4 months
>5x5 squat only at 140 lb
>bench 115 lb
>deads at 190
>plateauing hard

Kill me now

Have you been doing the same thing for 4 months?

Switch to high volume for 2-3 weeks and then go back to working on PR's. You might start a little lower when you go back to high weight, but you'll quickly ascend past your plateau.

Only the past two weeks have I really not been seeing improvement.

As a general rule of thumb, if I plateau for consecutive weeks then I think about switching up my routine. I think that most of my plateaus are psychological rather than physical.

>superior genetics
Unless you've only been training for months the only people who can out lift dedicated lifters are fatasses who have the body mass

We arnt a high school football team pleb

doug young benched 300 his first day in the gym, ed coan squatted 500 in a few months of training as a teen, greg nuckols benched 275 his first day at 14 years old

just be aware that some people are fucking freaks and can lift more on their first day than most people can after a couple years of hard training

hell there are two trips here who pulled 500 their first time deadlifting

I cut my hair every one or two weeks 1/2 inch on top and 2/5 inch on the back and sides and shave those shitty hairs on the neck its piss easy

Its not about competing. It's a lifestyle, not something you do recreationally. It's not really fun

Those DYEL's you see in the gym curling 15lbs do it recreationally

You sound like a dumb meathead stereotype or broscientist talking like that.

I deadlift 6pl8 and I have fun doing it. Weightlifting is a simple mindless activity that ends up being a great stress relief from grad school. However, it's basically a glorified hobby. If you go overboard and make it the defining characteristic of your life, then by all means own it. But I'd wager that most people who lift don't consider it their lifestyle.

IKR I bet those rural retards votes for Donald DRUMF too