How was your first day at the gym?

how the fuck should i know that was like 3 years ago

Started 2 weeks ago, I can already see the gains. First day was hard but I think I've almost made it now

We are all gonna make it, brah

I walked in, failed to do a pull up, and left in embarrassment
Then I went back the next day and did the full routine
FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY LIFT!

First was bitching with bench and some machines, I had no routine yet but have though "I'll waste another week or two palnning it, stop delaying your greatness you pussy".

I don't remember.

I remember that I asked for a PT at the reception and they hailed some Chad-looking dude. He showed me machines, wrote some meme routine for me and left me there.
I think I was supposed to free my seat after each set, so after my first set ever I had to wait for some dude to finish his four sets on chest press.
It was nerve wracking, because I had no idea how to use those machines, but looking back I think it's funny how I was afraid to ask questions

Well it was today.
I'm a cali fag so i came in, did a full leg workout in an hour and walked out.
Tommorows upper body

and asked a buff dude to fix my deadlift form seeing as i don't wanna go straight to snap city

It was two years ago, I was /fat/, I did 20 minutes on the bike and felt like a fucking stud afterwards.

hhhhnnngg

never visited a gym.
I work so I have money for space and a homegym.
No time and patience to share equipment with retards.
fucking gymlets when will they learn.

>FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY LIFT!

fuk is this me.

yeah, master race bro.
just imagine all those cucks driving to their gyms after work, sitting in traffing, waiting to use equipment, not being able to chimp out while lifting, not being able to lift naked, not blasting the music they wanna hear through out their gym.

dude

Forgive them father, for they know not what they lift!

If you haven't been to a gym before, and say to reception you're a total amateur, will they give you some kinda induction on the lifts Veeky Forums??

Is it okay to lift twice in one day? Had to cut my session short (only did bicep curls + deadlifts). Only been lifting a couple months and Im not too hardened yet. Would it impede my gains to finish off the second half of my workout before going to sleep?

they'll tell you to pay for a personal trainer or to ask other people or to try stuff out

yea, it's totally fine. Exercising is usually done in one go because its more convenient this way.

I dove right in running a mile and machines for an hour until I got comfortable and mapped out a full routine. Followed all the rules and would dip my toe in all the different programs the gym provided.
Sore as shit the next day though.

Thanks, these lifts are dedicated to you

>walked around awkward as fuck
>couldn't 5x5 just the bar for bench

Hit 65kg 5x5 today brehs

Slowly but surely correcting an entire lifetime (27 years) of complete physical inactivity

Yeah brah, IIRC exercise within a 24 hour period acts as though its one session or some shit. Arnie recommended it and I know plenty of runners who say they run 6 miles in the morning and 6 in the evening and physically its like running 12 miles at once in terms of bodily development.

FORGIVE THEM FATHER,FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY LIFT

I was an athlete I’m high school track and wrestling and always used the school’s “gym” - when I started going to a commercial gym i just went in and so on nothing special about it.

I was imagining gym as a place with huge muscle monsters that all lift heavy as shit weights and are scary as fuck. Turns out it's a pretty chill place with normal guys just trying to better themselves

>couldn't 5x5 just the bar for bench
>Hit 65kg 5x5 today
Damn son, how long did that take?

Walked in, did 5x5 squats, rows, and bench like stronglifts told me to

had crippling leg DOMS for the next 4 days

7/10 overall

>have terrible social anxiety
>work out in my shitty home gym, want to do more
>figure i'll brave the outside world and try a week-long free trial at a nearby gym
>nervous as shit
>first day, go at off-peak hours, not many people there. thank god.
>doing pendlay rows
>roaming duo of gym-employed personal trainers come over, laugh at me, whisper to each other while pointing at me, tell me my form was bad, and correct me
>i'm annoyed at their approach, but happy for any help. i think their advice sucks, but try it anyway
>then they do it again with deadlifts
>at this point it feels a little mean. and their advice is just bad
>can't bring myself to go back
>feel humiliated
Good news is I've since improved my home gym, so I never need to work out around other people again. My next purchase will be a stationary bike so I can do cardio without anyone seeing me.
And I now regularly record myself from multiple angles to critique my form. Those trainers were either full of shit or had no idea what they were talking about.

FORGIVE THEM FATHER THEY KNOW NOT WHY THEY LIFT

forgive them father for they know not what they lift

In junior high they let us do curling and machines. It kinda fucking sucked desu we would all just see how much we could lift with leg extensions.

>FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY LIFT!

They showed me how to do lifts. It was fine. Now I'm better at lifting.
I was nervous about going for a long time, turns out it's fucking easy. I assume that's why you are asking.

FORGIVE THEM FATHER FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY LIFT

FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY LIFT

Nearly threw up after my PT made me do strongman stuff.

>tfw she doesn't talk to me after I stopped paying her
>tfw she was thicc af in the good way

I'm late as fuck responding but about 5 months, but I've had to take about a month total off due to a lower back injury and a chest infection (2 weeks each)

I've gone from just the bar on everything to:

>90kg squat
>110kg diddly
>47.5kg OHP
>62.5kg row
>65kg bench

Nothing amazing I guess but I'm pleased with my progress considering where I started.

I signed up, the guy showed me around the place, then I did a few machines after walking around looking lost as fuck.
Kinda nerve-racking trying to figure out what is what, while the instruction paper is all torn-off and you don't see how the machine is supposed to work at first glance, all while you're trying not to appear super nervous and insecure.

FORGIVE THEM FATHRR FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY LIFT

Those are really good numbers considering your start and that setback. Props, dude

>couldn't deadlift bodyweight
>decided I would improve
>increase DL by 80% in 5 sessions

>Forgive them Father, for they know not what they lift!

First week back after not going for like 3 months.
DOMS sucks and I feel like a bitch. How about your first time on Veeky Forums, user, how's that going?

FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY!

Forgive them for they know not what they lift

FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY NOT KNOW WHAT THEY LIFT!

i spewed twice

>Those trainers were either full of shit or had no idea what they were talking about.
accurate

faced the wrong way in the squat rack
Also lay on an adjustable bench the wrong way so my head was on the ass part

My trainer said my form was really good and he was surprised I never visited a gym before. I got to play around with some of the equipment and then went home. It was pretty average, nothing really outlandish happened.

FORGIVE THEM FATHER, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY LIFT!!

>faced the wrong way in the squat rack

Holy shit I think I did the same thing on my first day lol

what?
you mean you unracked the bar walking foward?
I'm the only fag squatting at my gym so I can't trust anybody to spot my squat and have to film myself every other week

Had a complimentary PT session for signing up. I asked him to take me through all the main compound lifts and check my form. He basically just told me to show him how I think they should be done, and then when I did he told me my form was pretty much perfect for everything and then left me to do my own thing. I actually believed him until I stalled for about 3 months on basically every lift and had no idea why. After doing a bit of research I found out that I was doing some pretty generic things wrong with my lifts and after correcting them I was beating PRs every other day again for the next few weeks before slowing down progress to a more steady rate. Moral of the story is: fuck PTs.

forgive them father, for they know not what they lift

Truth

FORGIVE THEM FATHER FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY LIFT!

Cool, I was with my turbochad friend who dragged my lard ass to the gym and he was helpful and motivated me to be better. Fucking seventeen years of friendship and still going strong.

Jesus got some fucked up serratus.

I was 15.
I benched 60, never did cardio, ate a chicken burger after most workouts and still had 6 pack abs.

A chinese dyel told me I was going to break my back while i was doing squats.

fucked around with the smith machine and left