How many hours a day do you meditate, Veeky Forums?

How many hours a day do you meditate, Veeky Forums?

30 mins cause I got shit to do

30 minutes - 1 hour

gonna do it now thanks for the reminder senpai

Sorry read that as masturbate

Does laying in bed touching my crotch for hours count as meditating?

20 min everyday
but thanks for the reminder

wtf
gimme some

10 to 20 minutes

i do 15walking 15sitting each day,. vipassana

you can meditate 24/7 in any activity
>only humans put restrictions on them self
>you are not human, you are god, because you have god inside of you
>you can be limited or limitless it is up to your freewill

how to start?

sit or lie down somewhere and get comfortable. don't worry so much about getting into some weird position or whatever, i meditate every day and it has no effect on my meditation.

close your eyes and just focus on your breath going in and out of your body. every time you get distracted, gently bring it back to the breath going in and out of your body.

don't worry if you have thoughts. the goal of meditating isn't to not have thoughts, it is to observe them and not engage in them. sort of like dreaming

start by trying to do this for 5-10 minutes. when you feel comfortable, try 20, then 30, etc etc

it may take a little while to actually 'get it', but just keep trying. you'll get there :)

>you are not human, you are god, because you have god inside of you
What is this tripe? This is nonsense

I know this doesn't 100% count but I meditate in the car on the way to and from places like work and gym. Generally 20-30 minute drives. It's quiet with the stereo off, helps me not to focus on idiot drivers, and I don't need much mental effort to drive. Sometimes I arrive where I'm going and the drive was so uneventful that I remember nothing about the drive.
>no tickets in 17 years
>considered a "defensive" driver
>no wrecks
>never have road rage or given a fuck
>low bloodpressure
>good stress management
>often told I look much younger than I am
Hard to find a downside Veeky Forums

and what happens when you get it?
how does it improve your life?

it just changes your brain, it's hard to explain but it just does

you're calmer, you deal with stress easier, you focus less on your thoughts and more on the moment, you can concentrate better

After doing it for a couple of weeks I noticed a change. You develop this reflex where whenever you get nervous or are overthinking something your mind kind of snaps you out of it due to the repetition of practicing that while meditating. At least that's what it's somebody for me.

Done*

tnx guys! Just the thing I need in my life right now.

Zero. You won't learn shit meditating. Reality is on the outside, dumbass.

Good luck bro, just remember to keep at it, even if you don't get it at first. You'll get it eventually.

Depends on the day, usually intermittently through the day when I'm waiting on work things to get sorted.
Always for at least 30 minutes before I go to bed and after I read.
Have you ever tried? You haven't got to if you don't want to but if find most people who are skeptical of it at first tend to come around.

In the short term it should improve your concentration, help you deal with stress, and makes you more self aware, along with many physical health benefits. This is all supported by a crazy amount of scientific literature. Once you're at it for a while you're supposed to be able to better conceptualize certain concepts that help you deal with dukkah, the inherent meaninglessness of life. Can't confirm this myself though.

joocy meme

not enough...

5 minutes before bed, surat shabd yoga

I was and then I stopped, had a really bad session and havnt since. Should probably get back into it.

22 min AM and PM

Does anyone try other types of meditation? Apart from mindfulness I mean. Is this the best point for a beginner/starting the habit again?

>how does it improve your life?
I noticed after just two weeks that I was able to listen to music better, especially when listening through headphones.

I'm able to focus on each instrument, voice, clearly. I can focus on separate aspects of the music while simultaneously listening to the whole song.

Before meditation had been able to do that less than a handful of times and was always quite surprising when it did happen.

meditate everyday didnt change my mental health one bit. but it feels good so i recommend

15 minutes a day while I'm taking a shit

> Virgin defensive driver instead of Chad offensive driver

Never gonna make it

0, I've never got round to learning how to do it and I'm unsure if all that full lotus shit is good for my joints or not.

Link a guide and I'll read it.

just dont expect the cure of autism

>meditate before bed
>end up falling asleep

2 hr 1@day 1@ night
Also 1x LSD per month

Not enough.
Planning on my third 10-day retreat in a couple months. 10 hours a day is truly patrician

ALL OF THEM

nigga what the fuck is reality

sometimes I just sit still and stare into nothing
Don't know if it counts as meditating as I'm doing it unconsciously

used to do 45 minutes everyday after waking up and stretching.
i wish i had time to meditate like i did when i won a car in a scratch ticket, i sold the car and spent 6 months relaxing, putting my life back on track and bought most of the furniture of my house

There’s a decent app called Headspace. Very useful.

>i'm so bad at dealing with existing that i need to sit down and focus really hard on not thinking at all for hours daily

lol, are you retarded?

No but if you saw the quality of my decision making skills you could be forgiven for thinking I am.

lmao, reality isn't real nigga

the real shit is in yo mind. u think u wanna get huge, then u lift, and ur physical body manifests ur desire.

THINK niggaaaaaaaaa

You are just do it consciously now.

Nis beit

>try to meditate
>can't stop thinking about things that have happened to me in the past or of possible future things that will happen to me
what do

focus on your breathing

that's a good thing you spastic

You are what is inside of you right?
Your dnk, blood..
There is god or your soul that is inside of you.
You are what is inside of you.

you'll never be able to stop your brain from thinking. you wouldn't want that anyway, that's what your brain is for, like your heart is for beating, your lungs for breathing. The trick is to acknowledge the thoughts and dismiss them. It gets easier the more you practice.

"You can't stop birds from flying over your head, but you can stop them from building nests in your hair" -zen proverb

7-8 hours. I've made a habit of closing my eyes and allowing my subconscious to sort through what happened recently at the end of each day.
I feel really rejuvenated and full of energy after my meditations, you should give it a shot.

I've been recommended meditation / mindfulness countless times because I suffer from mental illness

Everytime I try and do it I just get lost in thought, more anxious, or more depersonalised. Not to mention how boring it is. If I do it lying down I just fall asleep.

I've tried concentrating on my breathing

Help me please

Try whim hof meditation
I do cold showers, wim hof, cold shower, wim hof and fuck it feels great. Takes about an hour a day.

Ignorance is not a virtue

If anything, meditation helps you deal with reality. You're not not-thinking. You're having a stream of conversations with yourself. That's why you can sort out yourself while under mindfulness. This will also extend to after your meditation. It makes you able to observe your own thoughts

10 min, shit is hard af

i love these memes

Just sit in a chair, for now. I consistently managed to sit upright for 1 hour. You want to stay awake, sitting upright does that for you. Just stretch hip flexors afterwards.

How do you guys stay awake? Either standing or sitting I end up nodding off. I'm not tired normally, just when I get comfy.

Oh, user, that sounds so restful.

Look up guided meditations on youtube.

I can't do it

I can't concentrate enough, I feel too far away from things if I do this shit, it just stresses me out and makes me feel worse after

Maybe I have ADD or I dont know

I still get stressed out even after 3 years of meditation, even going to a fucking meditation retreat for the full 10 days. But I just sit through it knowing it's just my thoughts wanting to do something else. It comes and goes, bro, especially in the first 10-30 mins, and because you're new to this.

What they don’t tell you is that real powerful insight doesn’t even begin until after a year of mindfulness meditation. Everything before that is just tempering the mind.

That's not meditating. That's driving a car.

anything can be meditation

20-30 mins
Thinking about doing more based on you are the placebo and some weil stuff, but even if that shit is total fucking crackpot, plenty of existing scientific evidence as for why one should.

Hardly ever, but I do one session now. With or without ambient music on?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on health gains with meditation?

60-80mins

I meditated with a candle before I realized that was a thing.

I'm gonna do this from now on

what do you mean? you light a candle and look at it while meditating or what?

what you mean? spill the beans user!

I meditate when i do aerosol with water

Ye that's fine just let it happen

>Now that you put your life in order you don't have time

You meditate 8h a day? Wew

Just do it and face your anxiety

What a weird way to look at it

atleast 25 hours

a few soon-to-be turds?

Its better to approach it without a goal in mind

is this what voice from inside tell you?

I just finished my first ever 30+ minute meditation session and this may be the horniest I've ever felt, I feel like I would fuck anything moving right now. Is this normal? Should I masturbate?

Nah Semen retention bro

Why?

m8, idky, but getting really deep into meditation also makes me horny as fuck sometimes.

Next in series???

30 minutes on weekdays, 2 hours on weekends