Navy in february, wat do

I'm not fat, but im not in shape either. going to basic training in february for the navy.

I've already signed up in my gym and had a free little trainer appt. she told me to eat a little more, eat a little healther, and do strength training followed by cardio. for 2 weeks I've been kinda putzing, doing squats, crunches, basic weight shit like bicep curls etc.

My problem is now I've gone back to work, and i'm so drained from work that my workouts are even shittier now, and i have no energy. Money isn't a big deal, so should i quit work to dedicate my days to training? or should i take some kind of energy drink/workout powder type shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8UO4jquAlY
scoobysworkshop.com/get-boot-camp-ready/
youtube.com/watch?v=vWRoYXbiLbE
amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Navy-Fitness-Third/dp/1578262666/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507177540&sr=8-2&keywords=stew smith
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you done the PFT? What's your score like?

I have not had a PFT, no

however to give a mild idea of my weakness, i can do about 15 pushups before giving out, do like 3 situps, hold plank for 1:30, and do the sit against the wall thing for about a minute

You need motivation. This should help:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

meant 3 pullups lol. can do like 40 crunches before my abs die

More motivation for you OP:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8UO4jquAlY

Which country OP? I just got accepted to aussie navy

Hey man, do all you gotta do is a lot of pushups, situps and run. You have until February, you should be totally fine. Just get some pushups and situps in throughout the day, do as many pushups as you can 3 or 4 times a day, etc. As far as the running, it's also just a matter of getting used to running for about 15 minutes at a time, getting a faster. 4 months is plenty time to get ready and you'll be more prepared than you might think. The RDC's will make you do so much PT that you would probably be fine going in as weak as you are, but going into it with some training already will really make it a lot easier for you. Good luck, if you want to see the standards you can google "Navy PRT standards" at navy-prt.com, find your age group etc. Work towards that!

Also I assumed US, but uh, your country probably has a similar website. Unless you're like 3rd world or some shit, whatever

scoobysworkshop.com/get-boot-camp-ready/

Nigga get boot camp ready. Go eat healthy food, don't buy fucking supplements it's a waste of money, eat real food.

usa. basic training is feb. i need to get as fit as possible before then.

thanks for this super helpful comment user. do you think i should ditch work to focus on training my body instead? the work is on my feet, and isn't strenuous but leaves me tired at the end of the day.

thanks for the help, user

yee man

You don't need to ditch work, you don't even really need to go to a gym, it's all body weight exercises that you can do at home or in your back yard. I would say if you're already going to a gym to find a beginner routine that sounds like you would enjoy starting, but that's not necessary. If you did start something simple like stronglifts though, don't forget that the only thing that the Navy cares that you can do is pushups, situps, and a passable 1.5 mile run. You don't need anything but that. You said you were being drained from work, listen to your trainer and really try to eat better. If you're underweight, try to eat better food. Do more pushups, normal, close, and wide grip if you want because they'll throw those at you in boot camp. Situps, the rule is that you put your hands crossed on your clavicle, start with your back on the floor, situp until your elbows touch your kness, and your shoulderblades have to touch the ground each time. The running is up to you, but what I did was suicides for speed and I would jog 2 miles or so. I had to lose weight before I went to boot though, so our needs might be slightly different.

Navy boot camo is a fucking joke, m8. If you're even remotely in decent shape, you'll pass with flying colors.

i dont need to lose or gain weight, i'm at a good weight, about 20-30 below my max allowed. I need to gain strength and endurance.

also thank you for the helpful comment, i'm def saving this thred

yeah i hear that army and marines is toughest and the others are pretty fine

and navy seals is superman shit

No problems man. With 4 months of decent work, it would really make boot camp a joke. What rate are you going in for?

rate? I'm assuming you mean money, so my rate is EO1. I'm gonna be a machinist's mate on a submarine. got like a 75 or something on my ASVAB which i don't know is good or average ( i know 30 is minimum)

Echoing this comment.

You'll be fine OP. Practice running, pushups, and situps.

Boot Camp is a fucking joke. Be ready to sit around getting yelled at for stupid shit all day. Don't be a child who takes the yelling personally, it'll be over before you know it.

What's your prospective rate?

Fucking boots...

Rate is your job. Your (prospective) rate is MM(Sub). Your RANK is E1.

luckily i'm good at not taking things personally. not too used to being yelled at but i'm sure i'll live, not like i'll cry or anything

my prospective rate is MM(Sub) according to the other helpful user

Hahah, cute. Sounds fun kid.

EO1 is a 1st class petty officer, something that will take many years to achieve, you should be careful not to get laughed at

Welp, better to learn these things and get laughed at on an anonymous board than to get laughed at when i'm actually in service

Where are you guys getting EO1 from?

I've only ever heard 1st class Petty Officer referred to as (rate)1, Petty Officer first class, or E6's.

IT3 who's been in about two years here. Feel free to ask more questions so I can feel better about my decision to throw my life away for four years.

fuck, i thought i landed an above average job. how bad is it

whats IT3

and why do you feel like the time you're spending in the navy is wasted?

Equipment Operator 1st class you dingus, they're Seabees

fuckin IT's man

you are gonna get laughed at regardless u fuckin boot

where do i learn shit so i can get laughed at as little as possible maybe

IT3 means my rate is IT (which means I'm a nerd who deals with radios/computers), and I'm a third class petty officer, which ain't shit.

Nah I was just joking. The Navy ain't that bad. I'm just salty at the moment because a family member is dead of a drug overdose at 27 and instead of being there for the funeral with my whole family, I'm in Japan shitposting on Veeky Forums and not even at work because I'm on watchstander's lib.

why didn't you get emergency leave? what is a red cross message?

Ah. My bad. Not a lot of EOs on the ship. Must be a dirt sailor thing :^)

damn

not much i can say there other than sorry, because that sounds absolutely shit beyond belief

The instruction for emergency leave is for immediate family. My command wouldn't give a fuck if an AMCROSS came in for my cousin, even though she lived down the street from me my whole fuckin' life.

you will learn a lot during basic, but I wouldn't worry about being made fun of. As far as PT, you really don't have to do shit, because basic training is designed to get fatties in shape as quick as possible, but personally I would do a lot of cardio/body weight exercises to make the transition a bit more bearable.

Be prepared to do this a lot:
youtube.com/watch?v=vWRoYXbiLbE

Push-ups and flutter kicks are also popular.

Basic training is that - basic. It's designed to bring people up to a baseline if they're weak, fat, or both. Let's say they've got everyone on their faces doing push-ups. Eventually, you're gonna get off their pace, you're gonna get shaky, you're gonna be slow to come up, all that stuff will happen because that's the point - what will matter, what will show the RDCs and everyone around you that you give a shit even if you're not in great shape - is that you do not quit. Even if all you can do is the most embarrassing push-up in the world, keep pushing. Attitude is the most important thing for you to maintain.

thanks for the tip, i'll be sure to keep it in mind

OP I was in the US navy for 12 years and boot camp isn't that bad. You have plenty of time to get into boot camp shape so stop freaking out. Do couch to 5k and if you can, buy Stew Smith's Navy Seal book. It's a decent progression, but you'll be able to ace the PFT by the time you get to boot camp.

amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Navy-Fitness-Third/dp/1578262666/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507177540&sr=8-2&keywords=stew smith

Running is the hard part. You'll run and run...and run so more..and run.. think you about to get some sleep JUST KIDDING MORE RUNNING

TINY BUBBLES

IN

MY BEER

>Navy
>being Veeky Forums

Can these be combined or does OP have to pic one?