Is leg press a meme?

Is leg press a meme?

It feels like there's loads of pressure on my lower back and I'm going to snap my shit up if I'm not careful.

Keep your pelvis glued to the bench

Why not just do one legged press?

You should never feel like your gonna snap your shit on any lift. As a dude who has had a heniated disc before ego I advise to exercise caution. Im stuck on a pl8 and a 25 just cause I dont want to put added pressure on my lower discs.

For real, I always feel my lower back when doing leg presses, but don't feel it when I squat....

I feel that too, but only when doing more then 440.

every thing is a meme if you think about it

leg press is a versatile machine you can hit all muscles of your legs depending on feet placement and focus

I feel this on my ass and get crazy doms the next day. When I do squats (DEEP) I never feel it

I lift 130 kg for sets on leg press,and never had that problem. Keep your back glued to the seat I guess.
Also i mean the real leg press not the 45 degree aka half leg press

>I lift 130 kg for sets on leg press
like that is a lot of weight? you dyel? get out of here and dont come back

130 is nothing ive seen girls do more than that. dyel

do single leg press, near impossible to round lower back that way and you save time putting plates on

>130kg leg press for reps
that's nothing, but good job using this opportunity to brag about your literally woman-tier strength.

Yes.
Squat you pussy.

>130kg
230kg on a leg press isn't even impressive.

I blew out 2 discs, was out of the gym for a year

never squat again but can do leg press

Just do a split squat instead

it doesn't matter how much weight you're lifting all that matters is fatiguing the muscles

so, quick question...

if im pressing 700 and not squating because of fear of loosing balance during a squat should i:

1. stop being a pussy and sqiuat? and if so how much?

or 2. do handstands when i place a vacuum on my member to get mad gains while fighting the urge to just drop, possibly paralyzing me with the vac still sucking until someone finds me?

You'll be fine with squats, just don't cause excessive flexion of the lower back and improve flexibiltiy to avoid butt wink is what I found. Sadly, I still can only squat just above parallel at the moment due to the hernia, or it'll reinjure. I was squatting 260kg x 1, now I do 160kg if I'm lucky for 3, more reps is also not a good idea due to form breakdown. I do lockouts regularily (qauter squats) with up to 340kg though, leg press I do about 150kg for 20 reps, fucking hate leg press (knees are the pivots - feels like shit).

There's ways around training legs anyway, but you wont get stronger with leg press desu, it hasn't given me any transfer. Squats did. I've noticed though, due to the hernia and not training legs properly, they've reverted back to being 'fast', I'm sprinting better times. The fibers will switch to default gene expression MCH IIx after detraining, so it's a good time to try sprinting!

>leg press won't make your legs stronger

do you actually believe this? it won't carry over to squats for obvious reasons (the weight is on your back, your torso must bear the load), but leg press will absolutely make your quads bigger and stronger

2 sounds good

>fucking hate leg press (knees are the pivots - feels like shit).
thats funny, squats make my knees feel like they will explode but legpress is no problem

That's literally garbage tier.

Not even 400kg on a leg press is impressive.