I find isolations boring. Can I just do more volume on the main lifts? For example...

I find isolations boring. Can I just do more volume on the main lifts? For example, 5 extra sets of chin-ups instead of curls.

I find frogposters boring
Kick rocks

Why are you even lifting

can? as i in possible? yes you can, or rather, you may. is it advantageous? as in, can you do compounds and reap the benefits of what isolation exercises provided? no. you will probably not. i personally avoid curling because of time, and just do chins, but i am supplementing my compounds with farmers walks, dips, and overhand (forearm) curls, and i am dyel, but that's the extent of my arm work.

rows, ohp, bench, deadlift are sufficient for my arm needs + aforementioned supplements.

You can. I feel like you're leaving a lot up to genetics going that route though.

I've always wondered this.

Most people do say, 5x5 Flat Bench Press, then they go and do 3-4x12-15 chest flys........

Could you not just stay at the Bench Press, and lower the weight by 20-30%, and just do 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps?

Aren't you essentially getting the same chest volume (if not more), and you're also getting more motor-pattern improvement with the lift itself...does double bonus.

To make sure people dont misread this.

What I mean is

Why cant you just do

5x5 bench
3x15 bench

instead of

5x5 bench
3x15 fly's

It hits the muscle in a different way

Explain how that matters without using bro science/anecdotal evidence

Your back will get tired before your biceps on chinups. Hypertrophy routines need isolation work. This is an imperative

I stopped doing chest flies years ago and my chest didn’t lose any gains. After awhile you realise half of the isolations we do aren’t actually contributing to muscle gains and are just a waste of time.

Doing easy mode Push-ups will do 10x more for your chest than any chest Fly.

You mean "this is imperative".

Then just do a different variation (close grip bench, spoto bench, floor press etc)
Yes you can and yes it's fine

No I'm using the noun version of the word

Well, you're using it incorrectly.

I mean you'll sacrifice aesthetics but you could

why not try variations which might be more fun

I'm not in the gym to have fun.

active recovery and blood supply via the pump is really useful for growth tho

i also do find isolations mega boring, only isolations i do is curls or triceps extensions but once in 2 weeks when im lazy to move big weights.

lets be real here, isolations wont give you huge difference (if any) in muscle mass, and arms are overrated anyway.

i rather hit bench, warmup sets till 1rm for the day (aiming for PR) and then do backoff sets based on my top set. Then i do weighted chinups in same manner.

next day ill do something like bent over row, and then weighted dips.

Sure, im not hitting biceps and triceps as hard as during isolation, but in time i could isolate triceps or biceps im also working lats, traps, rhomboids delts or chest.

Im a dyel lifting for 1 year but i made some decent gains and i believe i will continue to do so with my system, which by the way, very much resembles what Eric Bugenhagen is doing

People do anything for 2 reasons
1) because it's necessary (money, health etc)
2) because it's fun

Maybe enjoyable is a better word, because you wouldn't be concerned about being bored if there wasn't some level of enjoyment or fun involved.

Well, you're mom.

No I'm not. Think of Kants categorical imperative. Is that a verb? No. That is a noun and saying that something is an imperative is correct.

"an imperative" as a noun and "imperative" as an adjective are not interchangeable.

Here is the the definition of imperative as a noun. It works in my sentence and as much as you bitch about it, it is grammatically correct.