I'd like to start competing in Muay Thai and kick boxing, but I'm not sure where to go

I'd like to start competing in Muay Thai and kick boxing, but I'm not sure where to go.

One of my instructors is training me on certain things and knows I want to compete, but I realized that the facility I was at focuses on real world scenarios and self-defense mainly. I've been doing Thai Kick Boxing mainly - it's everything except elbows (even though I do work elbows all the time) and I've been doing it since September 8th of 2016.

The reason I want to compete is to give my thanks to my instructors for pulling me out of the darkest part of my life and setting me straight, making me fit and more humble, and pretty much saving my life.

If I am to begin competing and being an athlete, where would I sign up? Is there an amateur level tournament that's in Denver or Northern Colorado or surrounding areas that happens every year?

My heart and soul wants this now, there's no going back.

you probably missed your chance to really compete in combat sports

Why do you say that?

>muh more humble
stop stroking your ego beta faggot

the only people who win fight got fire inside of them, but you have muh grattitude as a reason to fight, not to fuck people up

Who said I didn't have fire inside of me? I feel like I train the hardest whenever I go. The humble part is important to me because I don't want to be a fucking piece of shit asshole, I want to mentor people in the future and be a good instructor.

But then again I'm on Veeky Forums! A place filled with doubt.

Thanks for encouraging my dreams btw ASSHOLE

you gonna cry about it fuckboi?

I feel like you responded to the wrong comment or possibly the wrong thread because this post is pants on head retarded.

In normal situations your trainer sets you up, and then you go with the other lads of your club together to the event. I imagine it's kinda annoying to search and get in these tournaments on your own, but not impossible.

Have you tried asking your instructor to set you up?

Is you’re interested in self defense you should learn Krav Maga. Avoid meme martial arts that’ll only lead you getting rekted.

>Krav Maga
>Meme martial art
Pick both.

>this comment

Out of fucking nowhere.

stay mad retard
>implying you ever gonna win a fight

What was it like your first few weeks? I've been doing it 2 weeks now and I feel fucking useless. Even when just doing basic combos I struggle. They also treat me like I'm retarded. When will I start to git gud?

5 years

Ok, obviously I don't mean as good as a professional kickboxer or anything. What I meant was, when will I be able to keep up with the rest of the class?

Ironic post is ironic

This is completely false

Train outside of class if you feel like you cant keep up. Youre on the internet faggot, there are people on youtube 1000 times more experienced than your mediocre coach.

>your mediocre coach
>tfw my coach was on TUF
Get fucked, faggot.

Step 1 of competing is a smoker. This is a fight between you and some guy in a similar situation from another gym. Your coach needs to reach out to other gyms and let them know he's got a person of your weight and experience level, and does anyone have a guy for you to fight?
Smokers should be a collaboration between gyms. Often a gym will host a few of these a night and sell a few tickets, just host it in the gym. It's an unsanctioned bout but both gyms should just be doing it to give their guys experience, not to win.
Since you train at some gay krav maga sort of place I'm guessing your coach is not in contact with the trainer's at real fighting gyms, nor do many of your fighters crosstrain, so it's possible that they'll make some excuse to you when you ask them to do this.
If you want to compete you should train at a competition gym, not an rbsd mcdojo. Then the coaches would know to sort this for you. Good luck fella, chok dee and all that.

Thats good but still far from the pinnacle.

But how does it make you more humble? I’ve been training MT for twenty or so years now and I never met people who were made humble by way of participating in fight sports. It’s all just American bullshit poured on to make everyone “feel” good.

Humility is cultivated in other aspects of life, when it’s time to train and fight then humility can go and fuck itself for that short time.

Listen, you sound like a super emotional bitch to me and this blog posting about wanting to be a MT champ is tedious. Your trainers are your resource for getting fights, not friggin 4chins, m8.

If your trainers are really that clueless about getting you a fight and getting you ready for it then you need a new trainer.

Grow up, 4chins isn’t the place to make these enquiries. I wish you luck but fuck, pls drop your whiney bitch tone. If you talk like this irl I’d sok you right in the head.

When I see my instructor that does competitions I'll ask him to set me up.

He's the only one that's going to train me all the way for that kind of event.

The main instructor does Krav Maga too and I am interested. I've been doing a little BJJ on the side as well.

I ignored my doubts and kept going, you just have to show up as often as possible and muscle memory will kick in over time and blocks and attacks that seem complex become second nature after awhile. The pain goes away and you become lighter and more agile. Eat s caveman diet and drink mostly water and tea and black coffee.

It's not Krav Maga, the main guy focuses on Muay Thai primarily but does km on the side. His sister is who I train under, she works me out hardcore all the time and teaches me Muay Thai.. I'm about to meet the lead instructor Saturday. I'll mention the smoker though, I like that idea a lot.

I'm not joking when I say I want to compete. If I become a champion then fuck yeah, I know that with my body type and how long I've been training that I BELIEVE I can.

10k hours

are there muay thai schools where it is instructional but they dont do any of the team building/camaraderie shit?

Everytime I visit one they have like a code of conduct, respect at all times, everybody huddle at the end and hoo-rah type shit when I just want to show up, put in the work, and go home.

murica btw

in my gym the ritual part just takes one minute each training session. it is a nice part of it. it will build into you

God there are always fags like you who look for any reason to bring people down arent ya? Literal gains goblin