What emotion primarily motivates you to lift?

what emotion primarily motivates you to lift?
>anger
>hatred
>rage
>sadness
>envy
>love

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFNLAnYNw
youtube.com/watch?v=zZMg9ryeWOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

preaching to the choir

Unironically the hatred of numales, feminism, and the feminization of men.

existential ennui

I just don't like the way my body feels without exercise. Too scrawny.

I want to be better than everyone. And if I'm jacked, that's just one more thing that will make people feel inferior to me.

hatred

envy

self-absorption

Self loathing

Eh I really don't feel envious of people who are filled out. We all lose it when we get old and die. I really like the boost of energy it gives and it feels right to use the body. Humans weren't made to stay still.

This thread reminds me a lot of the green lantern corps. Good comic.

Is a mix of hating how i look with wanting be real strong to achieve better positions in life.

Would say lust, or envy. What do you think?

a whole host of uncomfortable feelings. lack of self-worth, constant anger and frustration, hatred of self and surroundings, and probably just vanity. i need to feel superior to people on some insignificant level to not neck myself because i'm pathetic, which is why i take really shit jobs for a lot of money and spend time building my body, because i will never have the inner strength to build a real personality or characters

I guess hatred. I hate being around people

The urge to be better and because I love lifting.

invest in walnuts

my loli waifu

Pride.

The greatest of all sins.

Joy. I already have everything else life could offer. Money, wife, child... now I'm just trying to look good.

Fear probably.

I have thin arms and I'm sickly and have suffered some diseases in my life. I lift to increase my chances of survival and to have energy.

It's no longer about just having a great quality of life but more like making it a seemingly increasingly difficult world.

Happiness, and anger are my personal favorites

hstr i really hate myself, then i hate myself a lot less afterwards. Better than wrecking my liver

happiness

Any day of the week I could be feeling a different emotion when I go to the gym. Some days it's fun, some it's a chore, but I always go because I have goals and committed myself to them.
I lift because I will to lift. Motivation is fleeting, lads. Willpower endures.

If you want to peak in human performance, start killing people with your bare hands. They have to see you coming though. Would be worthless if they didn't fight back.

hatred, rage, and hunger

Love at first, now sheer hatred of the people around me. Lifting helps me suppressing it

i just imagine my two brothers being with me. lost them in an IED attack overseas years back.

youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFNLAnYNw

this girl ive been with for a couple weeks has a really shitty self-image and she still talks to a lot of guys that are ugly as fuck (she told me its because she likes the validation) so I work out because i want to be the best she's ever had

walking around with a shitty body is like driving around with a dirty car wash your fucking car and make it look good

it's like a righteous fury. i remember the day trump made his twitter announcement i hit a new deadlift pr lol

angerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have enough things in my life that I already regret/feel like shit about. I've underachieved in my career, financial stress, miss my dead brother I can't bring back, etc... When I'm in a period of not exercising its just one more thing for me to feel disappointed in myself over.

But when I'm being good and lifting, its nice to have one less thing dragging me down.

>Start with desperation for attention
>Empty hollowness from bad relationship
>Self hatred, hatred for my body
>Envy towards other men

Then I realize that it doesn't fix any of those things. I keep lifting.

>I like the way I look
>I like the way I act
>Gain self respect
>Enjoy the feeling after completing a tough workout
>Join other sports

are you ready to get cucked?

Rage, frustration, stress.

Helps blow steam off or I'd be stomping around my house having mini-panic attacks and mood swings.

Hope

youtube.com/watch?v=zZMg9ryeWOw

i couldve piped last weekend

we were on my friends bed at his house and she was leaning on me but i was too crossed and the autistic effect i get from weed + the autism antidote vodka made me doubt everything i was doing

i was flirting w her and she started going through her nudes she saved in snapchat

she was complaining about how i dont flirt with her enough

all my friends think im a bitch cause i didnt pipe

Sorrow for my dying race. Looking to have kids soon but each generation of whites have the odds increasingly stacked against them. I wish I was a turbo normie.

Newsflash: your friends are right

>not a single sign of workout
>not doing extreme diet
You might not like it, but this is how a genetic lottery winner looks like.

theres always the next weekend

she's the easiest girl ive ever talked to it's weird interacting with a nymphomaniac

>what emotion primarily motivates you to lift?
Fear
That's really what drives every emotion.
Fear of loss, of not being strong enough, physical fears.
I lift because it comforts me.

Regret

The joy of seeing some results

This

It's not emotions that motivate me to lift but lack thereof

boredom

anger, hatred

Anger and despair

Race war when? Hopefully after I meet my strength goals.

Disgust.
I'm tall with a barrel chest and don't store much fat in my limbs, so I look the skeleton of robotnic if I don't.

There's this girl I'm in love with that's hooked up with me a couple times but I want her to choose/value me over her boyfriend.

So uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh idk is that jealousy?

Being happy with life helps me lift. Probably gonna skip gym today and sleep because my stepmom has been pestering me to let her borrow money and I told her no. Still haven't gotten the $300 back I lent them the last time. Bitch can't shut the fuck up so I blocked her number all together. I know this is going to drive a bigger wedge between my dad and I so I'm depressed and want to sleep today. But I've always hated her so fuck it.

This desu

Sounds about right for me as well. Only in superiority can i ever not feel worse than everyone else.

What does it feel like lifting for anger? I don't understand that.

I lift because it's a challenging mental game to keep myself in perfect form, and the reward is an incredible rush and good feels. Not to mention feeling fit is amazing.

homosexuality

Talk to your dad user, dont let a woman drive your father away from you.

Sometimes anger helps, but it's mostly a solemn sense of pride. Knowing that I'm bettering myself, doing something that is moral. Extending my lifespan so that my family and friends hopefully won't have to suffer me dying at an early age.

>>anger
>>hatred
>>rage

Aren't all those emotions the same?

Anyway, I'm motivated by all those 3 emotions

yup, that'll do it.

Feels much more satisfying than some gay mental game.

But he doesn't fuck me anymore ;_;

My dog died almost three years ago and i still miss him more than anything. I'm home gym master race and have his collar hanging on my rack. I stare up at it between sets, or when im struggling on a rep. Sometimes I think about the sound of his dopey, happy howl when I'm cranking out the last rep of a set.

I realize it sounds stupid, but Im just trying to become the man he thought i was.

where the fuck is

>regret
>shame

this, ususally browse /pol/ inbetween sets to motivate me more

I just don't get it. What do you mean it fuels your lifts? Like you get really angry and think about what you're mad about before you go to squat and it helps you focus because you want to spite whatever you're hating?

Elaborate, user

You got it pal.

I lift in a commercial gym so there's plenty of fuel for the fire inside.
It's incredibly motivating.

not your pal, but thanks for answering. nice try making a pal.

t-thanks

again, not your pal, don't need the second reply.

Im sorry for your loss, bro. I wish you luck and sweet gains.

Oh it's cool, it's just a dumb dog. I'm better off without him. Him dying is just a funny memory to lift to.

Is curiosity an emotion?

I see, thanks for explaining user. Maybe I'll try it. Do you ever get hurt using that method? I feel like if I tried that I'd just end up pushing myself too hard. There's always someone bigger, you know?

from that list the closest is envy, but i'm not sure it is the correct one.
i mean, i just don't want to be the fat slob i was before, i guess sure, you could say i was "envy" of better looking people, but i mean, when you are in a race do you "envy" people ahead of you?
actually no i don't envy them because i see how much effort they put in it, so i'd say i admire them, and i'd like to admired too.
how do you call that? pride?
i don't know, that's kinda that's gay.

You are among the shittiest examples of our species to pretend to be someone else and make this sort of 'joke'

I want to lift big things good and also make the boypussies beg for my peener. So I guess pride and lust.

I mean, do you think it's discouraging the behavior when you play so deliciously into it?

Petty for my fat dyel ass

Most of you are damaged people and should see a psychiatrist instead of going to the gym

That's the Jewishest thing I ever heard.

fear

lifting keeps my bi-polar suicidal tendencies in check, everytime i stop lifting for a week or two i feel like killing myself so i use it to keep those feelings away

Hope

For someone who gets their kicks out of picking on people on the internet for supposedly being lesser you sure aren't the brightest.

T. Numale

You sound like my unironically communist friend

>hurr durr i m master troll

Cool story, bro

I'm just saying. Hatred, self-loathing and anger are not healthy in the long run

"Just saying". Get that weak shit out of here.

t. edgy teen who started lifting 2 months ago

"just saying" more like "just gaying" amirite??

>unironically communist
>unironically
wtf is that even supposed to mean? Stop using buzzwords if you don't know how to fucking use them. Fucking frist year 4chaners

Gah!

Pride and wrath

lift to attone for your past failures.

The upper 3 should be the only answer for you anons. If it's not you are really missing out on some wonderful moments of rage-induced euphoria and incredible strength.

>he unironically can't grasp the concept of the not being ironic