>WAWFT?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/Chicken_Mcfugget/submitted/
youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw
youtu.be/90bTLVCwo5k
youtu.be/0CvR3i8XHWs
youtube.com/watch?v=qDPp1cs6Y1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't train to failure too often unless you're in a dedicated, 'off season' hypertrophy phase

Real first thread

Real real thread

How do you feel about accumulation training?

By accumulation I mean using singles, or up to sets of 5 or 6 and adding sets each week. The weight stays the same until you get to a top arbitrary number of sets, then you drop sets and add weight to the bar.

We are all in here
Real real thread

Nice blog

It's one way of doing things. It'll work well for things were you're stuck with a certain weight (say you can only do like 5 pullups with bodyweight, or you've got big jumps between DB weights etc) but I wouldn't use it as the main form of periodization for bigger lifts.

I'm coming from a 3x5 routine.
How can I increase my work capacity to the point where 5x5 squats or candito weeks 1-2 or nuckols first weeks don't make me sudoku?

Drop the weight a touch and put your big boy pants on

If you've still got some time on the 3x5, now is when you start adding some conditioning and/or extra volume

>If you've still got some time on the 3x5,
A couple weeks at best, we'll see how sunday goes
>now is when you start adding some conditioning and/or extra volume
I know, the question was HOW
I thought I wasn't supposed to drop the weight. So, do I do 1x5 at the 3x5 weight and 5x5 at 90% of the 3x5 weight?

>3 threads
This is why we need mods it happens at least once a day.

No, it obviously doesn't happen everyday because the last plg lasted 2 days

Now apologise you cunt

It's easy, sort by creation date in the catalog and report the second and third threads.
By the way this one we're posting in IS the second

Or, or, we could go with the one that's made the effort to intend to be about powerlifting and not shitposting?

Ok I over exaggerated for the sake of getting more attention to my posts. Still it happens like once a week.
Yeah I do that every time and what happens is that all threads stay for next 2 hours anyway.

Then you're not doing 'a 5x5' as you called it before. You can keep the week the weight the same for the 1x5, and do 80% of the intended 1x5 for your 5x5. I'd look at doing more bench volume though if you're running something like TM

I don't know whether to squat again or not.
I didn't lose too much strength this past year.

I don't know what a real alternative could be.

I've got a big fat ass from deadlifts yet my quads are shrinking and its beginning to look like a bad plastic surgery job.

Why aren't you squatting?

I don't even remember. I just stopped doing it last September and every few months I'll test my max. It only went down 10kg after testing yesterday.

>Then you're not doing 'a 5x5' as you called it before.
I have no idea what you are replying to
>You can keep the week the weight the same for the 1x5, and do 80% of the intended 1x5 for your 5x5.
That's LITERALLY what I said
>I'd look at doing more bench volume though if you're running something like TM
I was thinking of doing nuckols 3x int high vol for bench, but change the cgbp and meme isolations with OHP, 3 sets @8. Good?

>meme isolations

lol don't skip isolation movemnets completely

I'd argue that OHP > isolations so if I'm going to pick one it should be OHP, which nuckols' vanilla routine excludes.

I swear his forearms get bigger every time this picture is posted

Yo, thanks for the shoes/belt advice in the other thread. In return, I’ll tell you a little life hack that you may not know:

Waitrose used to give free coffee with their loyalty card. Now they changed it to “you have to make a purchase”, presumably due to pricks like me. It’s still good value however, most working days I just buy a banana for £0.15 and get that free, sweet GOMAD latte.

I don’t even have a card, lul, just used a fake name & address to make an account long ago and show them the number on my phone.

is this new xcom sectoid design?

I'd choose ripped

Don't choose, do OHP in place of CGBP if you like. But do acessories in either case.

AMRAP can be valuable for overreaching right before a deload. But I think AMRAP'ng every week is poor fatigue management.

It’s just some random photo I’ve saved from here, but the source is some dude on Reddit drawing comparisons like these. Don’t know if the link will work:

reddit.com/user/Chicken_Mcfugget/submitted/

It's always hypertrophy off season phase for me.

It was a joke that those drawings look like ayy lmaos.

You guys seem pretty fraking huge so maybe I can ask you. I am having a lot of trouble with the isometric portion of the squat and deadlift. I have a hard time maintaining tension for successive reps and especially when I'm in the bottom of the squat. When I brace am I supposed to push out all around and squeeze down on that when coming out of the hole or do I push out all around, hold the push out and then push harder against that when coming out?

eels hurt my heart ow

youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw
Watch the first 5 minutes

Obviously this isn't the do and end all of bracing, might help though.

I need a new routine.
I had been following tunas 3 day split for 4 months. Made big strength gains in upper body and huge aesthetic gains (was cutting for 3 of those months)

My routine has just slowly mutated into a monster as I added in extra things to hit deficient areas (rear delts, hamstrings, etc) and to fit in my work schedule (lifting on lunch break 5 days a week, 40 minute workouts, and extra day on saturday)
My upper body way outpaced my legs due to a knee injury
>OHP: 135 x 6
>Bench: 265 x 1
>squat: 245 x 8
> deadlifts 315 x 8
Any recommendations? Good 6 day intermediate program that can he accomplished in a high intensity 40 minutes.

lmoa just fucking breath in and brace your core, that's all you have to do. Hold it until you finish your rep and repeat.

pls be in kgs

No, lbs. Bench is currently my only decent lift.

You can probably tweak jacked & tan (NOT 2.0) to fit your requirements

>120kg bench
>decent
Maybe if you're like 60kgs

>be chris duffin
>shill tools to prevent injury
>always injure myself
>start whisky deadlift meme to distract people from this

80kg

Agreed, I tend to give 'plus sets' with an RPE cap rather than AMRAPS. Tends to psychologically set the lifter up not to go full mongoloid on the set.

Duffin is a bro and you are a fag

Lol. To be fair to Duffin he'd fucked himself up long before he started KMS and the focus on injury implements.

youtu.be/90bTLVCwo5k

I guess having a dedicated offseason is not a meme.

So I'm not supposed to run sheiko forever?

Women are for sucking cock not for having an opinion
When will they learn

I think there are other boards available if you want to talk about playing your game boy

Suck my big fat dick

What do I do wrong when planking all blood pressure seems to go to my head and hands which makes planking difficult when doing +1min.

planking is a shitty meme, do ab roller instead.

Nice blog

>It's always hypertrophy off season phase for me.

Do what you want then lad. When there's no deadline like a comp to peak for constant slow progress (taking into account training enjoyment and adherence) is far more important than 'optimal' training.

This
When will quentin come back

Stop shitposting nerds
>WAWTT?
Heavy weighted chinup fahves
Light pause squats
Light OHP
Light RDL
>WAWLTT?
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free bird
>WAWET?
Two protein shakes with chia and berries and a packet of pasta "stir fried" with leeks and cabbage, because I was lazy lol
>WAWFT?
Kinda hyped. Probably the 3 cups of coffee instead of the usual 1 and my first day with my shiny new adipowers.

Does /plg/ spotters?

Say you’ve been cycling for weeks for a new BP 3RM or 5RM, and dude bro invalidates your last 2 reps by touching the bar shouting “ALL YOU, BRO!” How do you deal with that?

Yeah that's not powerlifting

true dat

I never ask anyone for spotting all my lifts are do or die. I also never use any safeties. Your failure is all in your mind just try harder.

T- youtu.be/0CvR3i8XHWs
L- Ozzys Boneyard
E- steak and pasta
F- post meet training freedom

>43113986

All for 4x3, 2x2
Sumo 425
Slingshot 335
Weighted chins +60 lbs

Before doing anything you tell them you don't want them touching the bar unless you say so or it goes back down

I don't generally need a spotter but when i actually do, there are a number of people in the gym that I know can properly spot. I don't trust anyone other than those guys

Sounds like you're a weakling who looked like they were going to be trapped under the bar unless somebody came to help you

I don't let random people spot me. Majority will lift off that badly it'll ruin my setup anyway. I try to avoid failing training lifts too. I haven't failed a squat or bench in 2+ years.

>TT
bench, chinups, and whatever assistance feels right
>LTT
Whatever garbage the gym is pumping through their speakers today
>ET
whatever the fuck I feel like. My eating was tight the past two weeks and I want to let loose and pop some beers with muh lads
>FT
hell and heaven. Bench makes me feel bad but booze will make me feel good

I always tell people that I ask to spot me "don't touch the bar unless it goes back down." That usually gets rid of any faulty spotting.

Week 3 of Hepburn method, I am destroyed I can barely lift my shoulders. There goes my attempt to start doing some curls.

What's everyone else doing and how you guys getting on?

>"Hey bro got a minute?"
"Sure"
>"can you spot me on the bench?"
"Sure"
>"Just please, don't touch the bar, regardless of whether I struggle, unless I specifically ask you to"
"ok"
Since saying something like this, I haven't gotten a poor spotter.
>Your failure is all in your mind just try harder.
Yeah bro just go bench 600 kg it's easy bro you won't fail bro weakness is all in your mind bro

>>WAWTT?
Skwot+poz skwot, binch, transgender rows, arms
>>WAWLTT?
Cars and rain
>>WAWET?
Breakfast burrito, chicken stew, maybe some pizza.
>>WAWFT?
Tired, gonna be tough workout

>projecting this hard
New PR’s are expected to be grindy on the last reps.

I guess my form just looks a lot better when I'm setting personal bests, because I have never had somebody spot me in the gym without my request.

>Does /plg/ spotters?
I somehow missed the word “use” on my phone. I meant a situation where you specifically ask for someone to be present in case you fail, and they touch your bar at the first sign of it’s speed decreasing on your last rep.

>Unable to bench without lift-off
>Have to do 8 work sets
worry.jpg

hepburn is shit and will destroy your body, i spent more time injured than fit on it

>WAWTT?
training dynamic lower tomorrow
>WAWLTT?
whatever was on the radio in the car
>WAWET?
breakfast - whey and oats shake
early lunch - met a sales rep and had lunch on the company, big mac meal
lunch - 2 peanut butter and nutella sandwiches
dinner - is going to be leftover beef and ale stew with dumplings that i made yesterday
pre bed - whey oats and oil shake
>WAWFT?
anxious waiting for my mortgage to go through

You're either a really bad communicator or your spotter doesn't trust that you can handle the weight

Are you eating and sleeping enough? I was never that fatigued the first month despite doing pump sets and added in back work.

>hepburn is shit and will destroy your body, i spent more time injured than fit on it
Shit dude really?
I am getting aches and pains but I thought they might go away once I get used to the volume.
What's another program you would recommend if I want to do some power building type thing?

Sleeping enough i'm 88kg at 5'7 maintaining even though have a lovely chub and tire around my belly. I'm managing to do all the sets haven't failed a single rep yet it's just tough as shit especially since I was doing TM with 6-10 mins rest between sets and jumping to 2 mins was a difference.

Day 3 of a test week for a dup thingy:
6x3 CGBench
5x5 Pause Skwats
4x8 SLDL
Arm and back accessories afterwards

Really enjoying the layout of sessions desu. Not feeling beat up either which is nice but did start a bit more light than I could have handled just to acclimate to all this volume nigga god damn, we'll see how she goes after the numbers increase.

Did you start with your 8 RM weights?

I'll look into it. What a wrong with 2.0?

Yeah only one i'm unsure of is deadlift since I never did 8 reps in it, however the rest are all based on tested 8RM.

Might be a good idea to drop the pump sets then. And if you still don't feel better after a couple weeks, maybe even dropping down to 6 sets instead of 8 as well.

anything with
main lifts 2-5 rep
mechanically similar movements 5-10 reps
assistance lifts 8-20 reps

I think that might be one of the larger problems with Hepburn. 32 to 48 repetitions at 80% per week plus accessories is tough.

Actually, the reverse has happened.

I was spotting someone “going for 8”, grinding the 4th and the bar starts going down rapidly, I lift it and rerack it to get told “Man, I had 4 left.” Bench Press is a team activity in my gym.

Finished my 1st week of low bar squats. Today they actually felt pretty good first time in my life, but I still touch my legs with elbows not sure what to do about that and how was my depth I'm still not used to parallel and felt like going way to high.
youtube.com/watch?v=qDPp1cs6Y1w

>Might be a good idea to drop the pump sets then. And if you still don't feel better after a couple weeks, maybe even dropping down to 6 sets instead of 8 as well.
Might do after week 4 just to see if the lifts go up.

Also I might just adjust to it, I have been doing 3-4 reps max for the last 12-14 months so that probably plays a big role on my work capacity.

Yeah, iirc hepburn said not to do the pump sets, at least in the same session. Especially on the variant with singles (it had you do a 5x5 with 80% or some shit like that after your main work)

If you haven't really adjusted 3 weeks in it's likely that you're doing too much.

>anxious waiting for my mortgage to go through
yoooo

>If you haven't really adjusted 3 weeks in it's likely that you're doing too much.
Well I mean i'm not getting overtraining fatigue type symptoms trust me I know them since I did TM on a cut for 3 months. It's just on the OHP days my shoulders feel destroyed but I think that's normal since with Mon TM i was barely able to walk home

Hyped to move though cause ive got a gym lined up with some people i know, one of which squatted 375kg for a double last week, raw... guna learn some shit

Should I skip comp week if I hobby powerlift?

Why do you want to skip comp? If due to injury Yes, otherwise you're being a pussy.

>Why do you want to skip comp?

Will it get me stronger? Thought is was just for peaking before a comp.

What if I enjoy nerding out and autistically training the best way that I can?