Give me ONE fucking good reason why you're doing powerlifting or bodybuilding faggotry instead of Olympic weightlifting...

Give me ONE fucking good reason why you're doing powerlifting or bodybuilding faggotry instead of Olympic weightlifting. "B-b-but it's impossible to learn without a coach!". No. No it isn't. If you have an IQ of at least 110 you'll be able to learn the lifts yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jdGt9cftyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Olympic lifts look dumb, take too much effort to learn, aren't enjoyable to me and don't give me the results I want.

Because I don't have money to film myself to fix my most likely fucked up form, and don't have a lifting buddy to do it for me, so I don't bother adding snatches or cleans to my routine.

Also I'm guessing not everyone has the same goals hence why they do different things user.

I have fucked up clavicles and therefore no front rack.

>tfw IQ only 109 so I'm not allowed to do Olympic lifting
FUCK

Because most people don't like doing it.
/thread

clean and snatch are like the two dumbest lifts

>literally the hardest lifts and one of the most explosive
>d-d-dumb
Nice try brainlet

oly lifting shines in sports conditioning because of its emphasis on explosive strength
most people aren't training for a sport that requires explosive strength

i really enjoy oly lifting but I stopped doing it as much after i stopped competing in track and field

>don't make workouts optimal for aesthetics OR strength
>instead LARP as an olympian by doing only the specific exercises that a bunch of dyel bureaucrats decided to allow
super compelling argument, brb changing my routine

Been olympic lifting 4 years. No way is being smart helpful. My coach said as much to me and he is right. I have seen it in myself and others. The smart ones over analyze and obsess over stupid technique details. The dumb just grip and rip and get stronger faster. It's not rocket science.

>don't have money to film myself
wat

Because Im doin it for aesthetics.
And oly lifts are equally efficient in building an aesthetic physique as wii-fit and zumba.

the snatch is the most beautiful, pure and elegant expression of human strength you peasant

youtube.com/watch?v=3jdGt9cftyU

>tfw so smart that i can recognise this and i dont give a shit about technique yet still make gains regularly

>tfw you will never be a moron

it costs double at my well equipped and affordable gym to have access to the olympic weight lifting/crossfit containment room

I don’t want to be in the Olympics?
I’m trying to get sexy and huge

Because I moved on to calisthenics as my main training. Still lift to supplement it.

I got tired of my only progress being more weight on the bar. I like to do cool stuff with my body.

Woah speak for yourself faggot. Just because you're too big of a bitch to learn the lifts, doesn't make them bad.

Because I'm training for strongman, aka real functional strength

AHAHAHAHAHSHAJAHAHA AHAHAHA WOHAHAHAHAHAHA WOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAVSHAHAHAHAHAHA WOEEEEEEWHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Hey user, can you help me carry this perfectly spherical stone back to my local Starbucks?

t. Nobody ever

OP I MUST HAVE YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU SPARKED SOMETHING INSIDE OF ME,THERE WAS SOMETHING DEEP DOWN IN MY BEING AND YOU MADE IT BLOSSOM WITH YOUR WONDERFUL POST I MUST THANK YOU FOR YOU HAVE SHOWED ME THE PATH THAT I ALREADY HAD TO BE WALKING BY NOW

THANK YOU OP

Fake freckles fuck off bitch

>LARP as an olympian by doing only the specific exercises that a bunch of dyel bureaucrats decided to allow
you decribed me lel

Because I don't want to.

You do realize that the ATLAS STONE is only one of many events in SM?

why should i.

nightmare fuel tier

>"Hey user, think you could pull this fire truck 100 feet for me?"
>"Hey user, think you could lift this log above your head for me?"
>"Hey user, think you could run these 2 220lb briefcases over there for me?"
>"Hey user, think you could pull these 8 tires about 4 inches in the air for me?"

>cutestgrilltoeverlive

That girl has almost exclusively boyish features.

I have some news for you son...

Wow. Guys really ARE better at everything, even being female.

Maybe I like penis, user.