SATURDAY EVENING THREAD

Saturday evening Lads!

How's lifting?

How's dieting?

How's life overall?

>How's lifting?
Great, knocked out a 265lb bench this week.
need to go hit shoulders and biceps today
>How's dieting?
non-existent. Im dirty bulking like a motherfucker, but my intake varies so much each day due to my crazy work schedule im not gaining much weight. just making sure to hit my protein each day.
>How's life overall?
Bretty good. GF left this morning after a few rounds in the sack. She attended a wedding and I got to watch college football all afternoon. Rolled out my sore legs with a lacrosse ball so I'm feelin loose.

Evenin lad!
Bench sounds good keep it up heads up on the dirty bulk tho don't wanna get too fat

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on the scale, but my strength gains are going crazy when I'm carbing up before the gym like I have been.

Carb strength gains are best gains my man keep it up and maybe trim a bit on that fat once summer arrives

Its my birthday
I want to die
Did squats, rows and weighted pullups today

>How's lifting?
Had a bad workout the other day because I didn't eat anything all day prior. Hope I can salvage some gains tomorrow and I am hoping that the university doesn't close the fucking gym because of the 'hurricane'.

>How's dieting?
I've been eating a lot better but also bulking so I don't really watch what I eat. I rarely ever eat sweets as is.

>How's life overall?
Despairingly lonely. I made a dating app profile for the first time and I've yes'd one woman out of probable hundreds. So many basic bitches. I complained to my lesbian friend and she had thought things may be different on the hetero side of things but NOPE. Also being a povertyfag sucks as always.

Evenin lad and happy birthday!

Evening! eat every day 3 times at least

>How's lifting?
Pretty good. Upper body is great. Squats are suffering because I've had to alter my leg day routine due to back pain from a previous injury.
>How's dieting?
Not so good. Weighed myself for the first time in 3 weeks (I usually remain pretty steady so I don't bother with every week or every other week). Found out I lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks. Not even sure how that's possible, but I'm pretty bummed because I'm sure that was some gains.
>How's life overall?
I'm in a doctorate program for physical therapy and it's midterms time. Sooo yeah, that's fun. I'm obviously avoiding studying right now. Probably why I lost weight. I forget to eat when I'm in class 8 hours a day (except for lunch of course).

Evening eat more i guess. Doctorate meaning dr. title?

yep. doctorate meaning dr. title. Just not MD at the end of my name. Its DPT instead. I need to bring more foods that I can eat in class. Just haven't had much money since this school shit is expensive. Still pretty disappointing overall losing those gains but its my own damn fault I guess for not being more on top of that.

Count calories my man

Yeah man I need to get back on that. I was great for a while, but its been a challenge this semester finding a balance for some reason.

Best of luck my man

Thanks! have a nice evening

>How's lifting?
want to start lifting again, I couldn't really "find time" (I was really lazy and just a pussy).
>How's dieting?
skinny dyel manlet, no need
>How's life overall?
Pretty shit. Poor uni student. Cried a lot today. Fighting with my gf. Mom started drinking, I kinda want to kill myself because I can't do nothing about it.
But I need to stop being a bitch.

Evenin lad! lift, lift for yourself my man

I left my girlfriend of 10 years just over a year ago and just found out she is in a new relationship.

I left her because she had gained weight and was >210lbs at 5'4, and I wasn't at all physically attracted to her.
Now I can't stop thinking about her and I want her back. We could have made it work. I should have just taken control of her made her eat right. Instead let her go and banged a few bit titted skinny chicks, non of whom I feel any affection for.

I have been with a new girl for 6 months now and if she told me she didn't want to see me again I wouldn't give a fuck.
I just want my ex back, but she won't even talk to me.

dude you judged the situation and chose how to act to the best of your ability at the time, don't regret it and give yourself some credit

210 at 5'4 is fucked and indicative of a disgusting personality

Man that's hard. it's a big change no longer having someone in your life that you have had for years. My 2 cents is to stop learning about her life. Stay off social media or unfriend/unfollow her. You need to move on but you drag yourself back by staying aware of everything that's going on in her life. Look at your new gf and if you do care about her list all of the good things she brings into your life. If you don't care about her, maybe move on from her and take some time for yourself for a while. Someone better will come along, and you'll forget all about your ex. Best of luck man

Holy fuck 210 at 5'4
210 is large at 5'10" my man, you ditched a ham planet.

>wanted to go out and have some drinks last night with friends
>texted everyone, never heard back
>fuck it, going out alone
>get shitfaced
>gf gets off at 11, dont hear from her
>fuck her, get even drunker
>stumble 2 miles home
>gf is home, pissed that i didnt respond to texts or calls
>apparently phone is broken and friends are pissed i blew them off too
>gf cleaned apartment and made dinner while i was out getting spite drunk
>too drunk to feel bad
>wake up at 430, pissed the bed
>gf is somehow understanding and helps me clean up
>i just now woke up at 2 hungover as fuck
>watching blade runner on tv now
>on the bright side i lost 10 pounds since yesterday
>gonna just watch movies and try to nibble on rice today

>How's lifting?
Just started today after 1 month of lurking and looking up stuff. Started Reg Park newbie 3 days a week routine. I feel like i will get addicted to this.
>How's dieting?
I'm pretty shocked at my calorie intake or rather the lack of it. Myfitnesspal is saying that i need 3k calories to get out of Auschwitz-Lankletville and I going to sleep with 1.2k calories missing. Gotta shovel some stuff into my mouth i guess.
>How's life overall?
mostly fine. Overall uni goes well, but i started to worry about my diet, having no much appetite while planning to continue i just don't know how will i even hit the 225g protein the app advices. I have already started to take whey powder 2 times a day but i am still missing 100g.

>Lifting
Just started, pretty OK I guess.
>Dieting
I eat well under maintenance with high protein, I'll be cutting for a few months.
>Life
Good. I spend 10 hours at a job I love then I go to the gym. No time for much else but this is enough.

Evening, eat more my man eaat
Evening, as long as you're having fun with it all is right

You fucking better do something nice for that woman.

Happy Birthday user!

>How's lifting?
Pretty good, any time I'm not in the gym I'm wishing I were

How's dieting?
Okay I guess, bulking from skinny skelly. It's tough, I ate over my goal yesterday then went and weighed myself this morning and was a pound and a half less, so that made me feel sad
I'd say 5 days out of the week I hit my goal, really need to figure something out to get me on a steady track. 3500 calories a day is tough though, especially since I used to eat 1 maybe 2 meals a day at my skinniest

How's life overall?
Meh, boring, >she ruined me. Just trying to pick up the millions of pieces she broke and it's still a struggle

Evening user, youll make it

>How's life overall?

>Have multiple sclerosis, everything seems distant and my body can't communicate how to monitor itself.
>Just found a testicular lump.
How do I kill myself effectively?

>lifting
Trying to get into the rhythm of legs again
>dieting
>implying
>life
not horrible :')

>How's lifting?
Not too shabby. Back in the gym after a couple weeks of sickness/respiratory issues. Didn't quite hit chest as hard as I wanted, but got some good reps for shoulders in.
>How's dieting?
Eating an entire rotisserie chicken and bag of frozen vegetables. About to eat some chipsconqueso afterwards.
>How's life overall?
I feel great physically and mentally for the first time in a while, but I still know that life is miserable.

>lifting
Almost skipped today, but I pulled myself together and went to the gym. Did back and bi's, finishing with some cardio.
>dieting
Pretty good. Sticking to my diet and slowly making progress.
>life
Wanted to hook up with this girl I met, but it didn't work out. Actually she might have a boyfriend, I'm not sure. We live close, so I'm going to see her sometimes. Another chick I drunkenly texted to set up a date but she was busy. Other than that life's pretty good, going to see my friends next weekend.

Sup lads

Oh life is good OP. A tad confusing at times but good. Just got done with a fantastic leg day! Currently researching a good diet to lean bulk with

Evening ! Sounds great user!

how's lifting?
good been making good gains

How's dieting?
Good I eat anything I want but I like the basics.
Just out of skelemode.

How's life overall?
Not as good as it could be. Living the classic neet life going to school then home. Constant existential thoughts. Wondering if living way out in the country off the grid would be a good life for my future children.

>Living the classic neet life going to school then home
Not in Employment, Education, Training you poser

>How's lifting?
I don't lift.

>How's dieting?
Shit. I'm now about 6-10 kg removed from my ideal weight and I just can't fucking close the gap.

>How's life overall?
Shit. No friends, no real hobbies and despite wasting my life on two masters degrees I work a fucking dead end job shoving boxes around like a fucking highschooler. I actually prefer my NEET days over this shit.

Evenin, youll soon go strong mode
Evening lad

I was unemployed for 4 years after graduating, user.

>how's lifting?
Got sick so no lifting. I'll be over it in a couple days though.
>how's dieting?
Fucking shit tbqhwy. I eat cause I'm bored.
>how's life overall?
Almost 20, still living with my parents, no car, no licence, no job but I'm going to turn in an application and get some more when I'm not sick, gonna go to college soon Lord willing. Anyone know how I can talk directly to God?

>20 years old
>no job
>going to college soon
>"still" living with his parents

Nigga, shut the fuck up. If you're still attending college and don't have a job, living with your parents its perfectly fine. What else are you going to do, work some menial job next to your studies so you can rent some shitty room in a frat bro dorm? Get a job on the side if you want, but unless you have a toxic relationship with your parents there's nothing wrong with staying at home until you get that degree.

everytime i start running i stop after a few hundred meters can someone explain why that is?

night three of a 5 night vacation that was originally intended to be so I could go to nuggetfest, that plan bottomed out on me, so I've just been chilling, eating a lot, and fucking around online. better than being at work, honestly. a few days without walking/running/riding a dolly for ~10 miles will let my tendons stop hating me for a bit.
>haven't drank since about wednesday
>in the process of quitting chewing tobacco
>mfw pretty much just put myself in rehab for about a week

>how I can talk directly to god
idk about talk, but you can mimic them by doing some fucking squats bruh

any of you boys have experience with online dating sites/apps?
what's the best for someone like me with mediocre looks but otherwise good education/income?
i live in the bay area if it matters

>lifting
Going well, my back is sore as fuck from diddly lifts but I wasn't able to do my last set yesterday. Looking forward to squats this week, maybe I'll hit a new PR.

>dieting
Alright, I have a terrible habit of not keeping with my diet unless I lift the same day. At least I'm losing weight somehow, abs soon(tm). It's also hard as fuck to stay on a good cut when chicken tender subs are on sale.

>life overall
Have a few days where I still feel like shit from my recent break up (7 weeks now?) but I've been talking to girls and had a make out session with one a few days ago. She wants to come over to my place and smoke the devil's lettuce with me but I don't wanna make smoking a habit, gotta be careful with that.

>How's lifting?
Going bretty great. Made noticeable progress in the last couple of months. Back is both bigger and stronger.

>How's dieting?
Living that permabulk life.

>How's life overall?
Could be worse.

I've had pretty good success on tinder and okcupid but I've chalked it up to the fact that I'm above average in looks and used them in their more novel years.
To give it to you straight. You're kind of fucked living in man fran, the ratio of men to women is super fucked so women have all the choosing power. Furthermore because of Silicon Valley you're in the same boat as every single other guy around you, mediocre looks but good job/education. My advice is to really try to distance yourself from the nerdy tech worker stereotype because that type of man is a dime a dozen where you're from. Cultivate some cool hobbies and try to be more of a spontaneous type of person as cringey as that sounds.

the spontaneous thing is legit, don't hate.
>random
is like "urrrrr look at me, I have a pringlr on my head"
>spontaneous
is more like coming home with parts to build a potato cannon or playing the penis game when you're a grownass adult

just put your shit online, make a different profile for each site, you will get bites. lower your expectations and go on some dates with 6/10 type girls. you will eventually get the hang of online dating and start having some fun.

How's lifting?
Its going ok. Making size gains and strength gains after a long plateau. Nagging shoulder nerve pain on the right side whenever i am deadlifting. Left thigh gets extremely tight and sore during squats/deads on leg day ever since i slipped up on form about 2 months ago. Should maybe see a doc cus it flares up every leg day.

How's dieting?
Been good, eating a shit ton to try and put on muscle so im probably near 3k-3.5k cals per day. Lots of snacks and meals, avoiding almost all sugar and fried/fatty foods. Lotsa fruits, greens, grilled chicken, plain fish and tuna. Had a few more cheat meals than usual recently but its ok since its extremely hard for me to put on fat in the first place. Also had to lose this remaining 5 lbs of fat on my stomach but thats a diff story. Should probably try to do some cardio but fuck it.

How's life overall?
Its ok. Better than it was this tine last year. Hate being a wageslave at some remedial BS company but desperately need the money. Lonely as hell some nights, social awkwardness still there sometimes desu but its better. Just got paid yesterday so thats always good

>pic related: me and my puny 16 inch bicep

>How's lifting?

Good, bench is close to 2 plates, finally deadlifted 3 plates 5 times. Everything is going great lifting wise.

>How's dieting?

Good too, trying to push past 165lbs and weigh 185lbs or so by april of next year or less depending on how well it goes.

>How's life overall?

Life is kinda crap right now but has its positives. Gf of 8 years dumped me 2 weeks ago. Went to some internship interviews hoping to hear something back. Stuck in a retail job, I hate it and I'm trying to get out of it. So I'm just hunkering down to ride this out and hope there's something better on the other side. At least my lifts are up.

How's lifting?
Well I made a PR in deadlift on 5/3/1 so good

How's dieting?
Honestly could be a lot better even for bulking standards

How's life overall?
Shitty but i have Mild depression, anxiety and I'm positive i have untreated ADHD. Few weeks ago i had my dementia grandfather beat my mom and it was traumatic to say the least for all of us. I'm away at school but i did not do so well on some of my midterms, im trying to reenter the dating scene with 0 success, and i feel like my entire life is a con. I'm nearly balling my eyes out writing this because nothing has gone right these past few weeks and im still thinking about what happened. I feel like my entire life has been a con and im wasting breath and other people's time being here.

I dont even bother with myself lmao

Lifting is going great. But I'm still having a hard time eating enough. Life sucks because I have no friends or family.

Went to the Texas State Fair today. I ate like absolute trash after weeks of eating fairly healthy.
>Deep fried brownies, fried and stuffed chicken wings, deep fried red velvet cake, funnel cakes with powdered sugar
Oh well. I've made progress and this was definitely a cheat day. I don't mind taking a small hit.

Businessman here

I'm quite successful and moved away from my family to life my life. My sister brothers and other family members think I hate them

Frankly this is my fault because I actually distanced myself from my family. My sister begs to Skype so her kids can know their uncle. My brothers think I don't want them around and they think I don't want to come and visit often..it's not a matter of I don't want to but as anyone would say when you have your own life maybe you don't have time for other people...

Guess I need to make some life changes and focus on talking to my family more often. I thought they were wrong but obviously the problem is me.

They call me and want to talk about any small thing happening in life. And I'm usually trying to run away.....

>How's lifting?
Havent been to the gym in a couple weeks
feel like shit atm because of keto flu but i plan to get in there Tuesday morning and get regular again
How's dieting?
Started a few days ago and feeling good about it never done a super strict diet but the rules are helping
How's life overall?
made large progress on a coding assignment tonight and felt good about the 2 exams i had last week so pretty good!