Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

Here we convince others to practice the healthiest and literally only morally acceptable diet.

Starting with pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/price15.html
blog.bulletproof.com/carl-lewis-vegan/
fl-pda.org/independent/courses/elementary/science/section2/2j13.htm
youtu.be/xohy9gWz7kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how is avoiding meat the only morally acceptable diet if eating meat, if it's possible, is the default behavior of all living organisms?

please in English

Oh look its THIS thread again

Good question! Human diets in prehistoric times were varied depending on region, generally the further north you go the more meat you ate. The issue I personally have is with how meat today is produced, and if I eat it, maybe once or twice a week, it is from hunting or from farmers I know personally who ensure that their livestock is happy and healthy.

"Here we convince others to practice the healthiest and literally only morally acceptable diet"
Still don't understand why people fucking hate talking to you guys, huh?

do you need a rifle or something buddy? Judt pick up a nugget or a 10/22 and boom. Meat from a happy source. I only eat organic free range shit from stores anyway

>japs
Omuraisu isn't vegan. Hambagu steki isn't vegan. Sushi isn't vegan. Also japs are faggots who die because of colds or truck-kun.

This board needs more janitors

Yeah I have a Remington .22 which I use for whitetail hunting. Bag during season, amd freeze year-round.
I don't think kost vegans have a problem with meat itself, just factory farming in general. I'm pretty pumped about lab-grown meats in te next 5-10 years.

Lovin' these

This is like a lefty pol tard trying to make memes

kys alreadymm is anyone even vegan here besides the special snowflake?

>convince others
>only morally acceptable way

Are you that obvious as to why people don't like vegans?

>"As yet I have not found a single group of primitive racial stock which was building and maintaining excellent bodies by living entirely on plant foods."
>Weston A. Price
Source: journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/price15.html

>citing Weston A. Price for anything but 19th century dental research

VEGANISM IS A LIE.

What do vehicles with petroleum-burning engines, and anything electric have in common? They're all powered by FOSSIL FUELS, which come from dead animals. Vegans aren't allowed to own or use ANYTHING that came from an animal -- therefore any so-called 'vegan' that drives a vehicle or uses anything electric is CHEATING and is NOT VEGAN. They may as well stop kidding themselves and go eat a steak, they all FAIL.

So-called 'vegans' also suffer from progressive cognitive deficit due to chronic amino acid deficiencies from malnutrition. That's why vegancucks don't make sense, their brains don't work correctly anymore. People I've known who were vegan then gave it up and went back to eating animal products regularly showed positive changes in their personalities and started being able to think more clearly again.

Vegans brains are so addled that they think you can raise an INFANT as vegan and expect it to be healthy and develop properly -- which it will NOT. Any pediatrician will tell you that you should not feed a baby a strict vegetarian diet, it will sicken, fail to develop, fail to thrive, and ultimately DIE. Pediatricians who encounter parents who insist, against all professional medical advice, in feeding their infant a Vegan diet, are reported to the police and to Child Protective Services, because it is legally considered CHILD ABUSE. What does THAT tell you?

Face it, vegancucks: humans are OMNIVORES, even many vegans admit it, and your meme 'lifestyle' is anti-health, anti-HUMAN, and exists as a political statement more than anything else, erroneously placing dumb lower animals above humans, which is pants-on-head stupid.

More evidence that Veganism is a LIE and actually hurts humans in the long run:
Veganism DESTROYS the fitness of pro athletes
blog.bulletproof.com/carl-lewis-vegan/

How do we teach animals to humanely kill their prey? Don't they realize that this is morally wrong

>Here we convince other...
Half the reason people come to vegan threads to pick a fight with vegans is the uncontrollable desire of vegans to try to convert people.

One day I hope to see a vegan thread where vegans talk about vegan stuff without trying to act like their lifestyle is something for everyone to strive towards, because they feel converting others will make up for the guilt they suffer from being complicit in murder before they became vegan.

kek, wrong vid

> the uncontrollable desire of vegans to try to convert people.
> trying to act like their lifestyle is something for everyone to strive towards

You don't think ending animal abuse is a good thing? Maybe it'd be easier to think clearly without that ham sandwich in your hand.

Do you believe primates are a good role model?
Sooo
Today I had oatmeal with soymilk and strawberries for breakfast
An espresso shot pre workout
A protein shake with creatine post workout
Sweet potato mash with a bean burger and a lentil burger for lunch
A soy yogurt with frozen cherries for a snack
For dinner I'm going to have probably seitan schnitzel sandwich with lettuce and tomato

Vegan diets have many upsides if your main concern in life is health and longevity.
They are very nutritious for once. You can find all the micronutrients you need(b12 can be found in so many things it is not even an argument), plenty of fiber that keeps your intestines from degenerating and overall lowers your LDL cholesterol and its fractions, as well as lowering blood pressure due to a higher intake of potassium.

Not consuming meat also means not consuming PAH, hemoglobin and other carcinogens produced in the cooking of meat, reducing a big chunk of risks associated with eating meat, especially red meat and stuff like sausages ham salami chorizo etc.
It is THE diet for health and longevity, no matter what.

It has a few issues though. Vegan diets are hard to be consistent at if you have no idea what you're doing (most people).
They are generally socially unacceptable and it's always awkward being the picky eater in your group.
Telling people that what they're doing is not great for their own good is never going to work. It's like trying to tell a smoker that smoking is bad for them and they still won't quit. You cannot change stupidity.

Vegetarian here

I have no problems with hunters. You killed it, you made the choice. It got to live a normal life. I'm also hoping you do it quick and painless.

And yeah, factory farming literally destroys the planet and brings pain to living things and people defend it as a necessity.

>farm animals use more than half the water yearly in the U.S.A.
This is utter bullshit, do you realize how much water is wasted every time you turn on a faucet? or shower?
No fucking way is this true. Let alone drinking water, washing clothes, growing crops, watering lawns.
No way in hell do animals use remotely even close to 50% of our yearly water usage.
a ten minute shower uses a weeks worth of fucking water that almost any animal uses for christ sake.

Try going at least 80-90% vegan with zero animal fats (only a tiny bit of chicken breast, turkey, tuna or egg whites) if you don't care about ethics
The poop gains are unreal, I went from 40 minute poops + 5 minute wipes to 1 minute poops and 1-2 wipes

Animals use water directly and indirectly. Aside from the water they have to drink, think about trophic levels and how many crops it takes to raise animals for food. Now think how much water it takes to raise that many extra crops.

The only convincing argument your fgts have is that Hitler was a vegetarian. If I was you I would shill this in every thread none of your other arguments are going to sway anyone that isn't a soyboi.

>soyboi
You don't have to eat soy to be vegan, I only consume soy milk from soy products, but I could easily pick oat. I only pick soy because I like the taste.

silly vegie, you should try hunting some wild pigs.

those fuckers ruin crops and are an invasive species.

without people like me hunting and processing their own food your fancy veggies would go to the pigs.

these lil shits are agro af, and a bit on the lean side, but they make for some tasty ass meals for me and my family for weeks at a time.

1 bullet = $1
1 asshole wild pig = free with permission to hunt

at least 2 weeks worth of meats cost me the price of a well placed bullet and the pissed off farmers permission.

go eat your 5 cups of lentils, i have more than 20 pounds of free range meat

pic related

You're seriously believing that bullshit?
Humans waste water almost non-stop.
This isn't water that is absolutely needed. It's purely wasted. Now add in the water we use on surviving day to day and eating crops.
It's nowhere even close.
A 10 minute shower uses 40 gallons of water.
A 400lb cow needs 6-8 gallons of water during a summer day.
We outnumber cattle by an insane amount.
This doesn't include every time a person flushes a toilet, turns on a faucet, drinks water, eats food, laters their lawn, washes clothes, or anything else we use water for.

It is not even close. A single person will waste more water during a single day than it takes to raise untold amounts of livestock.

We waste more, flat out.

only 20 pounds? dont they get to be over 100?

A quarter pounder needs 660 gallons
And we outnumber cattle, but chickens outnumber us. The total amount or only land animals killed for food is 56b per year. They outnumber us 8 to 1.
It is extremely naïve to believe that animal agriculture is not water intensive.
>Yeah but I read somewhere that cows only drink 6 gallons per day
...and what do these cows eat? Does it grow without water?

Go suck on some soybeans faggot and get the fuck away from this site

>provides no citations
Typical vegan, can't prove anything, expects everyone to believe him.

Yes, but thats part of the deal we have with some of the farmers. theres like 20-30 of entrails that we will not use. but say that theres 60-70 pounds of useable meat, we give the farmer 30% or so as gratuity, and then we keep another 30% and share the rest with friends and family

>HURR DURR CHICKENS OUTNUMBER US
Chickens also uses less resources.
You'll never able be able to prove that humans do not waste more ground water (a fucking non-renewable resource) than any livestock combined.
A single human daily
>A SINGLE FUCKING HUMAN
waste so much water, you're talking an entire coop of chickens needs daily. This includes the water needed for their food.

You're wrong.

I'm a vegetarian and this degeneracy makes me want to eat meat again. Stop forcing the diet on other people, humans have eaten meat for literally millennium. As long as people get there meat from healthy sources and aren't completely drowning it in fat and oils, let them eat their fucking meat and get their fucking gains.

If you eat 200 grams of chicken as your ONLY animal product every day, you eat 72 kg in a year. That is about your lean bodyweight. It may be more or less but it's a good average. That 72 kg of meat requires water to drink and more water to grow its food. You could just eat lentils, but making silly arguments against vegans online is more fun, isn't it
>I need citations that cows eat food that grows with water
Grow up

I may just be a simple negro but I'm pretty certain water is a renewable resource m8, we don't just ship it in from africa

>Grow up
Says the dude who believes that livestock uses even remotely the same amount that humans use.
No one is denying that plants take water.
We are denying that it takes nearly the same amount that humans waste.

No joke, get into hunting your own meats.

shit is fun as hell. and the sense of pride you feel knowing you are providing a multitude of meals for your family is bar none the best feeling any person can have.

same way a farmer feels after a harvest.

but with a hunt the feeling is instant.

>Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.
>this degeneracy makes me want to eat meat again. Stop forcing the diet on other people

>Thread for people interested in the vegan diet
>Stop forcing the vegan diet

???????

I converted my gorgeous fiancée into a vegan and we always cook wholesome, healthy meals together.

She always looked good; now her skin, hair, etc. are even better.

u sure ur not turning a pale shade of green?

>I'm pretty certain water is a renewable resource
Not really, it is renewable in the sense that when a cow drinks it it hasn't left the planet, but it takes energy and time to renew
>believes that livestock uses even remotely the same amount that humans use.
I never said that, all I'm saying is that animal products are more water intensive than legumes, grains, tubers, veggies and fruit

It's referring to the studies on Okinawans. They're mostly pescetarian and are healthy because they catch their own fish and eat lots of vegetables and rice.

>If you eat 200 grams of chicken as your ONLY animal product every day, you eat 72 kg in a year. That is about your lean bodyweight. It may be more or less but it's a good average. That 72 kg of meat requires water to drink and more water to grow its food. You could just eat lentils, but making silly arguments against vegans online is more fun, isn't it

Dude you're missing the argument altogether.
In a single day humans waste so much water, that if we stopped wasting it. If a single human stopped wasting it, you could feed an entire range of chickens both from the food grown and their water needs.
This is not an ethical debate.
The man made the claim that humans waste more resources than animals do.
Which is true.
There is no citation for OP's picture, none and a simple google search proves it wrong.
Humans waste infinetly more water than is needed to maintain our current meat eating needs.
If we stopped wasting water we could both feed the livestock with the grain and let the animals drink water and still have surplus water.
If you aren't willing to provide citations fuck off.
It's simple, provide a citation for your claim.
or admit you're just another vegan shill with no evidence.

>It takes energy and time to renew
>what is the water cycle

THERES A SUN U KNOW

Wait til she starts farting every 5 minutes.

>Here we convince others to practice the healthiest and literally only morally acceptable diet.
>Starting with pic related.

in OP's post ????????
great job tard

>I may just be a simple negro but I'm pretty certain water is a renewable resource m8, we don't just ship it in from africa
Water is not renewable, whoever stated this is a moron.
It takes time to gain fresh water, it takes time and resources to clean unsanitary water.
We use fresh clean water at a rate faster than it is naturally made by the earth.
Very definition of nonrenewable resource.
>but my rain cycles
Ok you collect enough rainwater that the entire state of California can not change their lifestyles at all.

Ground water takes years to fill up and saturate. Which means rivers will dry up, lakes will dry up. Natural resources will die.

Rain is not enough to sustain the world.

I just have a different definition of animal abuse than you do.
For me, torturing, beating, or sticking your dick in an animal is. Clean killing for food is not.
I am careful about where I get my meat from, so do not worry about getting meat from slaughterhouses or farms which habitually mistreat their livestock.

You may joke like without trying to sell people on the diet, it would just be stuff like that, but I've discussed seitan preperation in a vegan thread before. neither myself or the person I was talking to were vegan, but that's another matter.

I'm sure there are plenty of questions that could be asked in an amicable and non shilling vegan tread, like why you chose to become vegan, supplement recommendations, high protein recipes, or vegan specific progress pics.
I don't see why it always has to be "fucking meat cucks, stop enjoying beef!"

Good to hear. Hunters generally follow a set of rules, like not shooting young or pregnant deer, and aiming for the neck and vital organs, so the kill is usually pretty quick. I think part of the problem is that people have come to see meat as a necessity ONLY as a product of the modern livestock industry. There will always be a disconnect between eating meat and killing it yourself. Eating less is a small lifestyle choice, but I think that part of the reason these threads generate such prolific butthurt is that red meat has been equated with manliness, so the decision to abstain makes you not as much of a man, despite the only prerequisite being that you went to the store and bought it clean and butchered off a shelf.

ALL FUCKING VEGANS SHOULD FUCKING HANG

anyone got the nutrition links? i need to check my notes what supplements i need to take. because it seems started to lose hair i since went vegan. oris the male diet very different ? bc my gf does all the cooking (and i am only pseudo vegan). i know women need watch their iron etc and all the normal stuff. but what do i need to take to stop this? any plants i should mix in ?

You came here, buddy. The thread is for discussing protein sources and the like, your insistence that it is for "forcing the diet" is pure projection.

but it isnt tho...
it's water

sure you cant get natural water in california, blame that on the retards that made a huge desert a state, i have plenty of fucking water and if i don't, i can just chuck a few otters on the fire, filter myself some more water

Rain is totally enough to sustain the world, hence why the world has currently been sustained off of rain

ALL FUCKING VEGANS SHOULD FUCKING HANG

All I know's I get to come home to this and the results are fucking delicious and healthy.

NOT FIT RELATED NOW FUCK OFF

>healthiest
evidence is inconclusive to support this
>morally acceptable
i have no morals i could not give less of a fuck if you think im a bad person because i eat animals. theyre tasty, end of discussion

Nigga why would you post your gf on Veeky Forums ?

>rain is enough to sustain the world
How so? Most habitable areas use water that is already in the soil.
As we drain the water from rivers and lakes, it lacks the ability to slowly drain into the land, keeping vegetation alive.
This isn't an argument about you surviving. It's an argument against the human race with an ever growing population being able to keep up with fresh water demands.
Ground water is the most used form of water in the world by humans.
So if people are seriously going to complain that animals aren't sustainable what are we going to do about the water situation?
Because no, it's not renewable at the rate we use it.

I used California because most the mouth breathing lib fags are there.
Number one waster of water in the entire country. They import almost all their water from nearby states.

fuck vegans, they kill and torture life forms
i only eat dirt

>this is delicious anglosaxon food
Topkek no wonder niggers make fun of you.

well we'll probably figure it out then, till then im having some steak or a nice bit of bacon or something

fuck lentils

fl-pda.org/independent/courses/elementary/science/section2/2j13.htm
Citation if interested.
Without ground water the human race is fucked and it's only a few years off before we run out of ground water.

Only thing that can be done is lower the world population and prevent waste of fresh water.
No more showers, washing clothes, etc.
It's the largest waste of water on the planet, specifically as I stated. Ground water.

Is there a way you can give back ? I use as little water as possible even don't flush piss my main issue is I shower 5-6days a week for shitloads of time like 15-20mins because it helps my muscles after volume days.

still not buying it mate, you speak all this doom but here i am, surrounded by water, solutions that don't involve genocide or death by armpit funk will come

>The virgin amoral nihilist
>The Chad existential philospher

Honestly no, you can help prevent wasting ground water, but in comparison to the dude next door who is taking an hour long shower. You're just slowing down the inevitable.

I have no idea when it will happen, i'm not trying to spew some global warming shit or any type of agenda.
All I'm saying is that when the ground water is gone most plants near riverbanks and lakes will die. Because these plants are designed to have constant moisture. Rain water is not enough to sustain them. Therefore the animals in these regions will also die. Fish will die. etc.

It will force a dustbowl scenario that will change our ecosystem faster than nature can handle.

A real life scenario of this is Normady dam which is only an hour from my house.
Drought in the last ten years has made the lake lose about 20% of its water.
Even though it has rained quite heavily here in the last two years the amount of water used by humans has made it lose an additional 10% to the point you can quite literally walk down into the lake without getting wet by about 25-30 feet going towards center.
The trees near the lake look like they are dying, the soil is loose, and the deer population has declined slightly. Less birds have been appearing at the lake.
It's the only real life source I have that i've seen with my own eyes. My region uses almost exclusively ground water.

Just ate some vegan tenderloin type things. So yummy. Wish I could share them with old vegan honey bunny :(

I don't care to try and change your mind m8. Changing one persons mind will do nothing to prevent our water usage.

Dirt has bacteria cells that you mindlessly slaughter, you bigot.

You must have eaten like an absolute fucking slob if that was your experience. Don't blame this on the meat.

Remington .22 for deer????????? I hate to tell you this but that is quite possibly the most agonizing death possible for a large animal. Swap over to .308 for the deers sake.

>m sure there are plenty of questions that could be asked in an amicable and non shilling vegan tread, like why you chose to become vegan, supplement recommendations, high protein recipes, or vegan specific progress pics.
>I don't see why it always has to be "fucking meat cucks, stop enjoying beef!
I'm vegan but I'm not OP, ask away
Yes, we convince people who are interested in the diet. If you're not interested, why post?

Nope, super clean before veganism, equally clean sans meat after

I just ate a gyro with lamb and feta cheese... lettuce and tomato. It was soooooooo good. Enjoy your raw carrots and vitamin deficiencies.

surely you understand most people dont have 40 minute shits right?

>gyro with lamb and feta cheese..
Feta doesn't go with fatty meats, you eat like an American

>If you're not interested, why post?
So that lurkers don't get caught up and lose their chance to make gains

It wasn't a continuous stream of feces, it was a huge barrage and a lot of tiny aftermath every few minutes. I could get up earlier, but I felt unclean unless I sat there to squeeze every last drop out
And even if I finished my poops quickly, wiping took a lot of time. Shaved, unshaved, didn't matter. Now I barely need the second wipe.

There is not a single essential amino acid, essential fatty acid, vitamin or mineral that you can't get as a vegan.

>40minute poops
What are you eating ? Even when I went full bulk to go up a weight class and I was eating 5000-6000 calls a day I never had a 40minute shit

Vegan food is boring as hell, and literally nothing you low-test fuckers can cook up will ever be able to beat a proper beef sirloin.

and

>feta not with fatty meat
Maybe in your shitty village mounee

>what is aiming for the heart
you dont need big .cal to kill things senpai, just good aim

>Swap over to .308 for the deers sake

why stop there?
>Swap over to .950 JDJ's for the sake of patriotism

youtu.be/xohy9gWz7kk

Different guy, .308 has a better chance of clean and through especially if poorly-placed, while .22 if well-placed at close range is generally pretty quick. Depends a lot on your game and skill level.

That's not normal lad not in the least. Your diet must've been garbage tier or you're one of those pathetic kids allergic to everything that should have died off but alive due to modern medicine.

You're right, but you have to eat with a damn snow shovel to get enough.