Deadlifts are high risk low reward. Prove me wrong

Deadlifts are high risk low reward. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip - you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua6N7kRbhVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qSHxqq4l8b8
youtube.com/watch?v=P_OGBGNlKvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>high risk
if your goal is to deadlift as heavy as possible with 1RM, I definately agree with you. Personally I never go below 5reps

Don't like em? Don't do them. Enjoy your piss weak gains faggot.

High risk of making gains.

Low risk of getting fucked in the ass because you're no longer a twink

deadlifts are low risk honestly, I have never seen anyone get snapped up, or even heard of it outside of the internet.
There is barely even any footage of it, there is however tons of footage of people doing 4pl with severe cat back and not getting hurt

same. been doing 5x5 deadlifts for 2 years. sleep like a baby all week

deadlifts and squats are the best lifts you can do
worrying about how much you lift is gay af
just do them properly and dont be a ego faggot

why do people make threads like this all the time

higher deadlifts can fuck you up too. Especially if you bounce the weight at the bottom to get more reps.

Personally I prefer lower reps for deadlifts than higher.

This, by far the best exercise.

That's because your discs wear down over time and you might not realize it until you bend over to tie your shoe. And some people are built better for it. Deadlifts are truly not for everyone.

this, doing 10+ reps instead of 4-5 is so much better

This pissed me off. We live in a society that doesn't call for much lower back use, so it's naturally weaker than optimum. Why risk fucking your back up with a bad movement when you can strengthen it in a safe environment where you control the weight

Trap bars, jeffersons, rack pulls are all safe and won't blow your back out. Learn more

Why do you make this thread every day and then shitpost in it? Don't you have better things to do?

Bump
Can someone answer this?

As long as you don't grind and hitch the weight and do a lot of ab and low back work you'll be fine.

Not him but what do you mean by grind and hitch weight?

Grind
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua6N7kRbhVQ

Hitch
youtube.com/watch?v=qSHxqq4l8b8

What's the difference between a "hitch" and proper form? Is it that he's lifting with his legs too much or something? I'm a little worried that I might be lifting like that.

You hitch when you stop mid lift and squat the weight up from your quads. The lift should be a one movement, the bar shouldn't stop.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_OGBGNlKvo

This is an extreme case, but see how he stops the lift and pauses when the bar is on his quads above the knees, then he basically squats the weight up.

Because to actually be there when it happens would be very rare. The people that snapped their shit up either don't do them anymore or don't go to gyms anymore. I'm one of the people that snapped my shit up, no idea what exactly happened, was basically barely able to walk for a full week, couldn't go to the gym another week. Haven't touched didlys since.

Never fucking go lower than 5 reps it's pointless unless you're competing. You will still get gainz

Also 2 youtubers I watch have their shit snapped up from them, Omarisuf and Johny Candito. People that act like its low risk just cause nothing happened to them yet are like people that would say drinking and driving is fine. Only a small portion of people actually wreck when drinking and driving but that doesn't mean it's not high risk if you keep fucking doing it.

Who deadlifts in the living room?

wtf was this like nigger is your back even operable after this? like you'd think the guy would know something isn't right about that like are you trying to paralyze yourself?

been doing 150kg x 8, yesterday i worked up to 220kg x 3, no pain at all

Candito has elite levels of strength and competes internationally. Injury in those cases are pretty much unavoidable in the long run, he pushes his body to the limit, like every high end athlete.

In regards to Omar, I think he said it was because of his mixed grip, which I wouldn't recommend to any one who isn't planning on competing, sooo.

How the hell would mixed grip cause a lower back injury? In either case weight is still on your shoulders transferred to your back.

I started doing the diddly 5-7x per week and I've kept it up. Making all kinds of gains. Just quit being a bitch, drink your motherfuckin milk, and fix your mindset.

You are a huge faggot

Some people have uneven shoulders when they mix grip, so they end up twisting their hips on the lockout, this causes imbalances that lead to injury. At least that's what Omar said happened to himself.

Is 2x5 a good rep range for getting to 3 plates without any issue? I use to do 3x5 3 times a week but my hips started hurting

Just do fullbody 3 times a week. 3x5 Squats and 1x5 Deads. They will go up together. Do Icf 5x5 (but do 3x5 if you are not bulking hard) or Alpha Desiny's Novice program but instead of trap bar 2x5 do conventional 1x5. Also if you want you can do box squats instead of reg squats, is up to you.

you can make the same argument for any exercise

if you truly don't want to get injured then don't lift

Even if that WERE the case, they are fun. Why stop if your spine still is fine, for the time?

That said, I no longer do. My spine is okay these days, but I would like to avoid injuring it so I can get accepted into basic training soon.

Every fitness utuber
>candito
>omar
>leeman
>ben rice
got injured doing didlylifts. It's just not practical for bodybuilding in the long run. It's not a matter of if, more like when.

>Literally 4 elite level deadlifters

and everyone in my gym that used to deadlift doesn't do them anymore. 3 of them told me they got back problems and one of them even told me they're getting surgery. Oh yeah, and another has 3 bulging disks. lmao. I can tell you're new man. U're like a born again atheist, that can't stop talking about atheism. That's what deadlifts and 3x5 are to you.

Do them with proper form with weight you can handle and you won't snap your shit up. Record yourself and observe your form. It's the ego lifters with the cat arch that fuck themselves up.

thats why you should go low rep
that way you wont risk doing shitty form

These hitching videos made me cringe, what the actual fuck

Can you link the study? Looks interesting

Yes but the point OP is trying to make is that deadlifts have a significantly higher risk in comparison with other exercises.

kek @ born again atheist. so true.

Is it really that bad? What if you just stop progressing after you hit 3 or 3.5 plate. Should noobs stop doing deadlifts?

>high risk
stretch and hip hinge you fucking pussy
>low reward
stop smoking PCP

Problem with noobs is that they don't know what good/bad form feels like so they may increase weight at the cost of form.

They're a good exercise no doubt, but make sure you use really strict form. If you're a noob, film your lifts from a clear side angle and be as critical as possible.

>candito
IPF curse
>omar
HRT made him woozy and he fucked a rep up
>leeman
shiggy diggy
>ben rice
who

just git gud lmao

>pulling in the coronal plane with a load larger than you could squat
What other exercise fulfills that intention?

t. Year one SS.

t. Year one SS.

you strained or pulled a muscle, you most likely did absolutely no damage whatsoever to your spine and could and should definitely have continued deadlifting. your form was probably wack though so maybe not

Sounds like people who can't deadlift 1pl8 so they make threads like this to make themselves feel better.

Fucking a 600lb tranny doggy style. it functional strengthening it piss

as a noob, when I see these threads, I feel like absolute shit because most novice programs include DL. wtf should you do instead? trap bar deadlift?

I've started recording myself and have found weaknesses which I'm working on, but now I feel like my confidence is too low to increase the weight. When I first started, I used to really enjoy deadlifts, now I'm happy to not get injured (& I don't even lift much at all - 86kg x 5 is my best set, which is trash).

Candy toes snapped his shit low bar squatting

That's alright dude. If you could increase to say, 90kgx5, do so and film the set. If you feel form breakdown, drop the weight down slightly the next session.

Your mothers cunt

Bradley Martyn id a balding faggot

i just pull heavy singles 4-5 sets and im done, i assume risk of injury goes up as you become more fatigued which doing more than 1 rep is going to produce, my deadlift is @ 215kg for 1rm max effort but i just do 200kg and leave it at that, it's more than enough and i find i need to eat more if i want to increase the weight, which again, i assume is going to increase risk of injury so im staying at this weight range.

>high risk
keep your lumbar spine straight by engaging your lower spinal erectors
>low reward
you get really fucking strong

proved wrong