Going to start squatting again, new program

Going to start squatting again, new program.

That said, I've been thinking, should I start this new squatting phase with olympic shoes or barefoot.

I have the flexibility to squat barefoot, but the oly shoes are comfy.

Would squatting barefoot have more carry over to real life?

it's completely and totally irrelevant, do whatever you want

Eh, is it really though?

95% of my deadlifting is done without straps, because I want that to carry over to real life strength because I wont have my straps to assist me in real life situations.....

Logic tells me that If I squat with oly shoes on that some how that pushing power from the legs wont be as pronounced when I'm not wearing them in real life situations.

i would like to, whenever im squatting irl to be able to do it slavic mode.
so i guess its a good idea

Squatting doesn't give you a big quad sweep, leg press with close feet does.

your foot and ankle strength will increase a greater amount then if you wore shoes. you can also focus more on the feeling of gripping your toes into the floor. certain amounts of ankle mobility may be more difficult to achieve barefoot until you increase said mobility through your squatting. example one may do a flat foot pistol squat full rep with shoes on, but not barefoot. we don't have this material between our feet and the ground when lifting barefoot.

you may feel more or less comfortable lifting barefoot. experiment with it. you may also want to start jogging barefoot possibly on grass to help correct/perfect heel striking and stride which transfers over to being more balanced in terms of muscle and area. i like how you don't use straps. i think they CAN be a cop out depending on the reasons individuals use them. same with gloves.

Is this a general squat thread? If so, can I get my 140*14 up to 200*14 by January?

makes me think of hardcore bicycle riders

I went from oly shoes to flat soles, and it caused me a huge amount of problems. My arch caved which caused my knees not to track correctly, causing tendonitis. The deal was not having any arch support, which was fixed by going back to oly shoes. This doesn't affect my deadlift at all, but in a deadlift your knee isn't in as much flexion.

So, just take that information as you please.

I see...thanks

Use the oly shoes to squat but work on mobility every training. What helps me most is to put like 1 plate on the bar and leave it on the ground in front of me, then lift it to just above my knee and squat down. The bar is now resting on my quad near the knee and I can stretch the dorsiflexion of my foot and Achilles tendon.
Another good stretch is to sit down on the floor with your legs as wide as possible and knees extended and than try to bend over forward towards the floor as far as possible and keeping tension in your abs and back. If that's difficult you can hold some dumbbells or have a friend slowly push you more in front to help stretch.

how long doing this does it take for your ankle dorsflexion to improve? i keep injuring my back squatting due to awful ankle dorsifle

no.

you want to increase your strength. so the obvious thing is to lift heavier shit.
with this comes less reps but you in theory should be able to do more sets then what you are currently doing. say something like 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps for your lifts. fuckin squeeze your muscles and really work the weight, don't let the weight work you. this is your pump. i'd recommend making the second or last part of your workout consist of highly intensive activity. example box jumps, uphill sprints, cycling. if you want proportions like a bodybuilder focus your lifting on areas you wouldn't hit so much during those bw activities. these activities will really give you a good pump and put other parts of your body under greater amounts of stress which will in turn make other things easier. continue eating good and if you can't grow eat more simple as that. get creative but stick with basic principles.

as long as it needs to take. it depends on your current condition and current range of motion for the said exercise.

maybe the problem isn't just your ankles here. maybe you are the one making your back compensate for your ankles. what i'm saying is squat but squat with much lighter weight or just the bar not forcing yourself our of your rom. really man it's sometimes better for us in the long run to do things lighter temporarily.

it IS irrelevant and doesnt matter... but to your point, you wouldnt be barefoot in a real life situation you would be wearing shoes

it does matter.

situation? as in physical confrontation or needing to run?

My plan was 5*12 150 up until I can do 200 at 12 then go till I can do 15. How long will it take until I can get up that 30 percent?

Do not listen to the guy you replied to, he's a retard. 14 rep maxes are not a feat of pure strength and power output and they should not be trained for in the same way. Do high reps and many sets and work on your energy systems as well as your muscle mass and technique.

Are energy systems cardio? I can do a 5 minute mile and I'm just weak legged because I never realized how important they are

There isn't just one (I think there are 3 main ones; one for explosive power, one for anaerobic power and one for aerobic power but I could be totally wrong so consider that explanation broscience) and I don't read much into the biology side of strength programming so I can't give you detailed explanations but obviously you don't need strong muscles to do one step (or one rep) of running so as long as you have energy you can keep running.

Thanks user

Any guesses on how long it will take to get to where I wanna go?

Obviously not and it's retarded to ask. The only reliable predictor of strength gains is weight gain.

Huh, I wonder if squatting with feet close together would give you a big quad sweep? Nah, it would be stupid to think that.