Just added Alexander the Great to my shrine of role models, got anymore I should include?

Just added Alexander the Great to my shrine of role models, got anymore I should include?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDp3eUD2BG4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My dick

Came here to post this

youtube.com/watch?v=NDp3eUD2BG4
Julius Evola

Pretty safe to say that anyone who wants to be like Alexander the Great doesn't want to be like Jesus.

Boogie

There can be only one.

SPHESS MEHRINES!!!!!

Alcibiades

Julius Caesar

If also from legends and prose, Jason and Herakles are goat

Mithras.

This, read Plutarch's parallel lives. That should be required reading for every boy of noble nature

Samson, hercules, aries, mithras, caligula, vercingetorix

I always develop a hatred for the Romans whenever Vercingetorix is mentioned, rest in peace you glorious moustached bastard.

>Caligula

Cyrus was Alexanders role model

Dude lost. He outnumbered Caeser by tens of thousands, had him encircled and still lost. He deserved his fate.

>caligula

D E C A D E N T

his allies blew their wad too early, tactically and strategically. of course that was usually the celts' downfall.

He's basically the historical rich kid... handed everything and used it to loot and pillage and make everyone pretend he was the dopest shit ever. Pretty edgy role model Tbh Lad

>tfw the ancient natty ideal and the aesthetic that came with it are gone forever

Genghis Khan, no one else has shit on this guy.

All he did was conquer people by lobbing arrows from a distance and running away on horseback.
He contributed nothing, and when he conquered people he adopted THEIR culture, instead of the other way around.
His only tactic was feigned retreats, horse archery, running in circles and raping people

>muh helenism
I'd say the mongols were much more impressive strategically, they were honestly more evenly matched with at least the Chinese than alexander was with the peasant kingdoms he toppled. Also he probably got down with all kinds of rape

It's easy to think up unheard of strategies when you're completely unfettered by morality or ethics.

Obviously Genghis one of the most evil humans in history, but even by not so modern standards I wouldn't call Alexander a good dude

Aeneas has always been a motivator, /fitlit/ is truly the most patrician a man can be
Could you lead your son and carry your father on your back out of a burning city while leading troops and killing Danaans?

I feel I need to enlarge my brain and learn about this man.

Marcus Aurelius

Yeah but think of it this way. He could have ended up to be that spoiled rich kid most people brought up like that would become. He instead grabbed the reins of life and outdid his father. He was an exemplary solider who led a massive army into uncharted territory to conquer vast empires. Most of us sit around and jerk off all day and go to school and lift. Can you even imagine the life he led?

Not but yeah, you should. He was one of the most famous Trojans in The Iliad. The Roman epic poem The Aeneid by Virgil is the story of how he escaped from Troy when it was destroyed and went on to eventually found the civilization that led to ancient Rome. So it's essentially a story about the spread of Hellenic civilization but also an additional origin story for the Roman Empire. I'm not sure how much of the myths at the time already claim this or not but the Aeneid puts Aeneas as the ancestor of Romulus I believe.

He's a literary or mythical figure as opposed to historical one but reading The Iliad, Odyssey, and Aeneid are still good for you as they are crucial works for understanding Western Civilization.

The appeal of valor, bravery, adventure and glory is not lost on me. Honestly I can't even imagine what it would be like to be like him and do those things. But equally horrifying to me is the idea of letting loose thousands of men under my command to ransack villages and fuck/enslave the wives and children of men they just slaughtered. I think it makes me uneasy that as a creature I'm not that different inherently than the people living back then and it all seems so alien to me.

I get what you are saying. War has always been hell and no on has ever enjoyed it. However I find it strange i am sitting in a wood shack staring at a fucking screen for 8 hours a day typing random shit. We don't believe in an after life and have no aspirations to glory. All we can do is make more money go on nicer vacations and buy nicer shit. Sure we don't die the same way and we are comfortable but what is this? Do you honestly feel that sitting in a cubicle is natural. I can't stand this type of living. We are fucking animals and we belong out there being savages at least some of the time.

since agriculture rolled out the trend has been chilling out, though. that might just be the direction of humanity and what your feeling is the death throes of our violent instincts. I hope so anyway

I don't know much about ancient Greece or Rome but I think their basic appeal on Veeky Forums is that it's damn cool to be a culture than admires physically strength and prowess as much as they did, something lacking in modern culture where at most you get an appreciation of aesthetic; at least in the mainstream.

I don't want to kill anyone man but I just wish i was more ignorant and life had a sort of purpose more so than it does now. I mean I am going to live to be happy and have fun while im here but it would be cool to have something more than making sure more people are happier.

Fuck off, he wasn't even the best mongol leader.
People suck genghis' dick because of what his kids did. At least Alexander conquered the entirety of the empire he gets credit for.

>we are animals

>/Reddit and morty/>>

Hannibal
>unironically thinking about getting the Latin phrase as a tattoo

bellum parate, quoniam pacem pati non potuistis

Dionísio

>loved to drink wine
>aesthetic

basically me

John von Neumann, Napoleon, Aristotle, James Clerke Maxwell, Kelly Johnson, Sun Tzu, Augustus, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Diogenes

Please don't get latin phrase tattoos

Get yourself a Hector, my man

Marcus Aurelius and Julius Caesar

mirin civilized peen bro

>mfw cutting and haven't had vino in over a month

Pretty much the closest thing you can get to any of these ancient conquerors these days is starting a successful franchise and making as many women pregnant (consesually) as possible.

Kek, funny how all these great men (Romans, Greeks) were all manlets. Lankets BTFO.

That poster forgot to mention that July (month) was also named after Caesar

Also he was planning an invasion of Parthia, west India, the northern steppes and to wrap it up Germania before his assasinaiton. If only he lived.

He had to die so Augustus could become great

Legitimately mirin'

Can't tell if trap or not but I like what I see.

>a literal gay

Frederick the Great
Charles "the hammer" Martel

clarence

>All he did was conquer people by lobbing arrows from a distance and running away on horseback.
Strategic genius my dude
Literally every war went like this until a few hundred years ago

Plate-bar-ium leviosa!

harry squatter is such an inspiration
i read the interview he gave and even now, he has constant pain in his knees
dont snap your shit up lads

Threadly shill for Augustus the Strong.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong
>Augustus' great physical strength earned him the nicknames "the Strong", "the Saxon Hercules" and "Iron-Hand". He liked to show that he lived up to his name by breaking horseshoes with his bare hands and engaging in fox tossing by holding the end of his sling with just one finger while two of the strongest men in his court held the other end.

If that weren't enough, he was also a full blown gigachad. This pic is just the beginning of a very long list.

teddy roosevelt and dolph lundgren

Alexander literally sent his oldest and most elite veterans on suicide missions because they wanted to go home instead of going further into India. He also completely razed the city of Thebes and sold its population into slavery. Then he gave up his culture and became so Persianized his closest friends since childhood thought it was disgusting. And then he sent two men to assassinate his oldest and most trusted general because that general's son plotted to kill him and he couldn't have a disgruntled Parmenion at his rear.

Pretty moral guy.

Came here to post Diogenes.

Thor
Putin potentially in future

this guy is human trash bro

also robert e lee

>carry your father

my man Jordan Peterson approves

What does Adolf Hitler have to do with Robert E Lee?
You must be the typical ignorant nigger..

Y not

Agriculture actually made people more violent, since they had to fight over farmland. Either way I don't buy this 'we are so peaceful now' shit, it was only ~70 years ago that we had the worlds most violent conflict where millions died on an industrialized scale, and there have been many lower level wars since then, with people fighting, raping and killing in much the same way ancient men did.

>I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
>matthew [10:34]

i dont think i implied that hitler had anything to do with robert e lee, but since i cannot post more than one picture at a time i decided to add robert e lee in the text since i couldnt put his picture up as well as hitler's. they are both good role models
>"typical ignorant nigger"
>liking a confederate general who was an evil racist slave owner
>also liking hitler who was an evil racist nazi white supremacist
something doesnt add up here

That's exactly why I became a MARSOC marine in my youth. If you really wanna grab life by the balls and life 5 lifetimes worth of experience in a decade then train 2-3 years and join the spec ops.

>“War, not peace, produces virtue. War, not peace, purges vice. War, and preparation for war, call forth all that is noble and honorable in a man. It unites him with his brothers and binds them in selfless love, eradicating in the crucible of necessity all which is base and ignoble. There in the holy mill of murder the meanest of men may seek and find that part of himself, concealed beneath the corrupt, which shines forth brilliant and virtuous, worthy of honor before the gods. Do not despise war, my young friend, nor delude yourself that mercy and compassion are virtues superior to andreia, to manly valor.”
-quote from gates of fire, a book written by a marine and recommended by james mattis

also hitler said that his time in ww1 was the best of his life

i'm not saying war isnt hell, but yes, sitting in a cubicle is not good for a man and neither is decadence
>"No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell"

I was hoping someone would point that out. Jesus and Alexander are surprisingly complementary figures when you think about it. Alexander broaden the reach of Western Civilization and where is it pretty much no other single figure did to his time. He hellenized a large chunk of the world which later became christianized by the way. The interplay of classical civilization and Christian spirituality basically created Western Civilization as we know it now. Alexander did it with violence and Christ it with inspiration. Obviously room in medieval Europe are a gigantic chunk of this whole formula too but I just think it's an interesting parallel. I can't think of a single figure from Roman history who is quite so similar to either one of those guys, there are too many of them spread out over too much time.

But coming back to the idea of bringing not peace but a sword, Christ was well aware and was letting everyone know that his message would invite conflict in some way. And of course it did. He also said go forth and Make Disciples of all Nations so it was an expansionist religion in some way that he was founding although it wasn't supposed to be a violently expansionist one. So both Christ and Alexander absolutely had in mind spreading out their worldview far and wide for the betterment of humanity.

Sorry about the phone typos

I disagree with this view, but as a history major focusing on military history, I have to tell you to read Friedrich von Bernhardi. He shares your opinions and is painfully intelligent. He's an interesting man and his writing is very direct.

Julius was Crassus's bitch

Evola is stupid garbage for autistic nerds doing nothing with their life.

Read Nietzsche

>wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

>height 5'1

fake quote

>young popular leader who was successful in war
>some old fart who got jealous, then cucked by a bunch of smelly arabs

It definitely led to more total violence, but I think that's more because it allowed for smaller areas to support larger populations, scaling up conflicts. You bring up a good point though. It's hard to say we're more enlightened now when there's still war, gangs, tribalism, people cutting off heads etc. I'd still wager that the violence per capita and the average person's involvement is way down.

>Caligula
Samson is god tier though

>Hannibal, Caesar, Augustus, and so on
>No Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus Majorianus
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

>Caligula

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Frederick Russell Burnham, one of the most incredible men no-one has heard of. Certified Veeky Forums too.

Mesolithic was peak humanity. Also if you weren't Veeky Forums you were dead.

Anyone that didnt die and leave his kingdom with no heir.

how do you niggers know so much about roman/greek shit? what books do i read about this shit? like this is the only stuff that i'd read. i've read Stories of old greece and rome. any others?

>is wildly out of context

Lieutenant General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963) was a British Army officer born of Belgian and Irish parents, and recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest military decoration awarded for valour "in the face of the enemy" in various Commonwealth countries. He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."

Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates

You know entrepreneurs and innovators. Also Gates and Musk are a huge positive impact on the world.