Natural "bodybuilding" is a meme

Literally what is the point? I've been lifting for 7 years and have basically been doing a PPL, and short stints of 5/3/1. Everyone does PPL routines with the idea that they are the best for gaining strength and aesthetics synonymously but the truth is once your lifts reach a certain point you either have to strictly train for bodybuilding and maintain the same physique the rest of your life, making only marginal improvements over decades, or entirely switch over to a powerlifting routine because your lifts are advanced enough that they only increase through specificity of training and higher volume, so then you cant train for hypertrophy because your workouts are hours long because of the massive volume you have to train at just to get stronger. Is this why you see so many natty bodybuilders turn to powerlifting?

>inb4 nice blog

your mom sells crack

>Literally what is the point?
to look better than if you hadn't lifted at all. nobody is disagreeing with you, natural bodybuilding is pathetic compared to roids. risk vs reward, hop on if you like mate it's your life

I personally don't like the steroid aesthetic, I prefer the stronger thiccer look

y-y-y-ou are a meme

I'm not going to read your while blog so this may not be what you are asking but change up your routine. When I lift for strength I put on mm a month. When I lift for reps I put cm on every few weeks.

Focus on being fit, strong and healthy, and stop caring about reaching some sort imaginary mythic goal body. Make fitness a part of your life, not the main aspect of your life or the defining characteristic of life. Prioritize social life and career life first.

Or start taking roids and get a career in bodybuilding.

never understood this, if youre bodybuilding why the fuck would you care about strength? 5/3/1 and PPL is an absolute fucking meme when it comes to hypertrophy

That's when you periodize you stupid cunt.

You don't just periodize strength training -- everything can be trained with specificity throughout the year.

if your natty then why the fuck would you care about bodybuilding?

>PPL for 7 years
>wonder why you made no gains

>PPL is an absolute fucking meme when it comes to hypertrophy
what the fuck? Thought that was the main reason people did PPL? What is good for hypertrophy then?

Wtf are you dyel talking about

>What is good for hypertrophy then?

roids, seriously natty lifting is a meme unless you have decent genetics

PPL is THE best routine for asthetics. Please do not for fucks sake listen to these fat power lifter newbs aka no-gains who recommend you some retarded shitty SS routine made by some fat ugly powerlifter

sounds to me like you are a DYEL that dont actually know what you are talking about and you say this in hope that someone will either prove you wrong or support what you are saying because you honestly don't know.

Dont dedicate your entire life to lifting. If you do, take roids and try to make money off it (PT, YT channel, etc).
Being natty and dedicating your life to lifting is retarded.
Taking roids and not dedicating your life and career to lifting is also retarded.

If youre natty youre better off making other aspects of your life the main priority. Like family, career, eduction etc. And lifting a secondary thing. 2-4 times a week to stay in shape and feel healthy. Focussing on lifting and lifting alone as natty leads to nothing but frustration

k buddy

hahaha is that supposed to be impressive?

You’re a big guy

how is your physique this unbalanced? did you just roid and not lift?
big traps and roid Delts but no triceps, rhomboids or legs

wtf

he's flexing his traps, retard

more volume

>no triceps
are you fucking retarded or something? he is not even flexing his arms

for 2 years and PPL?
Kinda yes

i have a very balanced physique. What im lacking is legs yes ( who gives a shit) and lower back. My abs suck too.
My triceps is prolly one of my most developed muscles.
>roid delts
lol thank you, i wasnt aware they were that good.

Post your body with height/weight

Hey OP.

If you need huge amounts of motivation to keep going to the gym, natty lifting isn't for you

You won't get huge gains, you won't look huge, you will simply kill yourself over and over until you give up half broken.

If committing 2-3 visits a week to the gym to lift with moderate effort is something you can do without pushing yourself, then you'll enjoy great looks and health, but you will have to realize you will just keep grinding away for minimal gains.

I'm fine with that personally, I just go to the gym 2 times a week and do my shit, mostly exercises that target my weaknesses and only exercises I actually enjoy performing.

I progress extremely slowly because I don't care too much to eat properly, but I still look better than literally everyone I've ever talked to outside of a gym.

Your physique is alright but i don't think you'd look that much different had you started with SS then generic intermediate other then you having a better lower back and (and back in general as lower back is important for overall back aesthetic in my opinion) legs

strength and hypertrophy are mutually required for each other in naturals, anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the most basic shit about physiology

Honestly most of the /fraud/s on here are absolute faggots. Half of them jumped on juice about 1.5 years in after they got on babbys first intermediate program and they couldn't put 10 lbs on the bar every session anymore. You can absolutely look impressive as a natty if you've got above average genetics, you will still look better than 95%+ of people as a natty with average or slightly below average genetics if you put in a few years of hard lifting. Guys who jump on and start talking about natty lifting being a meme probably had body dysmorphia, because most normies are gonna start noticing your gains in like 6 months tops, hell In the span of the last month or two ive leaned out while my lifts went up, and Ive had comments from acquaintances about both how ive gained sized and how I've leaned out.

If you are a massive insecure faggot who can't deal with the fact that a good body takes time, then yeah, you should hop on juice rn.

enjoy your nogains and snapping your shit up

Post more

this ain't the olympias user he's Veeky Forums af

This is the single worst thread iv ever seen on Veeky Forums. Nothing but clueless idiots telling other clueless idiots bullshit.

this is why you do calisthenics in which you focus on speed and stamina instead of being a retarded gorilla who only knows strength

you will retain speed and stamina far better than strength because guess what that's what humans excel at, not raw strength

i swear paleotards always like talking about muh hunter gatherer bullshit but forget that we literally evolved to have more stamina than almost any other animal on land so strength training is just a waste of time

>calisthenics
stopped reading there
read this:

lol clearly has never heard of parkour or boxing

maybe you should start doing calisthenics before you inevitably get your ass kicked by a boxer IRL one day for being a faggot

>parkour
holy fucking kek
unironically STOPPED reading there

parkour skills actually translate into the real world unlike your useless box lifting skills

sorry bro u were born retarded

That's it, you have reached the end of the tunnel, friendo. 80 20 rule. Keeping on lifting probably isn't worth it. Focus on maintaining your lifts, make sure you stay cut and start a new hobby. For me, it was muay Thai. Feeling like a noob all over again and being able to feel like you are making actual progress that matters is motivating like nothing else.

Don't get hung up on the first step of this journey and think this was it.

Unless you want to become a world class lifter, that is.

*naruto runs on the wall behind you*
*nothing personnel kid*
*tips feiyue*

Planche push-ups and front lever rows are no joke my man

i've been lifting since 2011 so i'm in the same boat

you just have to think of it as a routine like brushing your teeth or taking a shower, and try to find enjoyment in what actually goes into lifting rather than chasing the results, enjoy getting a nice pump, some nice DOMS, etc.

there is a reason most people here (like 99% probably) are in their first year or two of lifting, once the honeymoon period is over and the rapid gains in strength and size stop coming people get demotivated and stop

yeah dude youll be ready to wall jump over a fire hydrant next time youre at your 9-5 desk job you fucking idiot

>2017
>doesn't use steroids
Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both?
>b-but it kills you
And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?

bodybuilding and powerlifting training are extremely similar when done correctly for natties. i do PL and most of my workout time is spent doing high bar squats, RDLs, curls, pull ups, skullcrushers, upright rows etc.

the point of PL is to gain mass, make that mass stronger, then work on technique before competitions. if you want, though, you can forget the peak and just jump right back into mass.

the only difference that BB training has over PL is that the strength element is optional (though probably better for natties to use since heavier mass training makes more mass) and that there's focus on things which don't help massively in PL such as side delts and biceps, but there's no reason you can't program them into your PL.

the best PLers look like BBers. dan green is a great example, so is pic related (natty).

Are you fucking dumb? "Why would you do something if you're not going to reach a professional level?" Maybe because I like it, you stupid prick.

And yeah, without test, I'll never be genuinely, exceptionally huge or strong, but so what? I didn't get into this to make money, I did it to get stronger, look better, and be healthier, and I have already greatly accomplished these and will continue to do so. I went from being a skinny fat nobody to being the strongest person I know, in spite of only putting up barely past DYEL level lifts, because like 99% of people actually don't lift. I can trivialize tasks I used to consider difficult or just straight up could not do, and other people are impressed with my physique and respect me more. Sure, with roids I could double my lifts and go from looking OK to looking like a greek statue, but so what? That's not and never was my goal.

absolutely pitiful physique dude, upper back is alright, everything else needs so much fucking work. The best thing you can do is lean down, your waist is extremely blocky and you lack any real definition.

lookin good. brave on you to post in a sea of dyel routine arguments

Main reason to do powerlifting/strength training if you're a natty:

hypertrophy gains will be damn near invisible after a couple of years, you'll go crazy trying to decide whether you actually gained muscle or is a little dehydrated, or the lightning is different, or whatever, while breaking a lifting PR is an objetive measure that you have improved.

The circumference of his gut.

Enjoy doing your 10 different types of curls and drop sets with 5kg.

Well, he looks like all he did was the push part of his routine.

I would love to destroy this bitch

unironically this

I'll just work on perfecting my form and build experience until 25 and then leave humanity.

PPL isn't a routine it's a training split.

Thank you.

Are you retarded?

BUH BUH
I WONT GET AS SWOLE AS THE HOMOSEXUAL AESTHETICS LASSES
I WONT GET AS STRONG AS THE OBESE LUNATIC CLOSET CASES

Yeah. Thta's how it i.
Drugs are an arcane magic that will give you what you want but will take away everything that you need.

To be and progress as a natural you're going to have to learn a few important things

1.You will not ever be as big as the enhanced guys
2.You will not ever get as strong as the enhanced guys
3.You will not be able to work as hard or progress as fast as the enhanced guys
4.Most importantly, you will not recover as fast and as brilliantly as the enhanced guys.
5.You as a natural will have to decide if you want to be muscular but a bit fat or cut but fairly small. Those are your only options.
6.Your progression will be slow(i'm talking taking months to gain a few pounds of muscle and go up in a lift by 20lbs) but powerful.
7.You'll have to train frequently diligently intelligently and humbly to grain mass strength and work capacity. That translates to amazing levels of physical ability.

>bodybuilding and powerlifting training are extremely similar when done correctly for natties.
Natties, true natties can benefit from doing neither of those.

If you as a natty aren't lifting to build both strength mass and work capacity and ignoring the bodybuilders and fat fuck powerlifters then you deserve to snap your shit up and get no gains.

>You'll have to train frequently diligently intelligently and humbly to grain mass strength and work capacity
this so much. Natty lifting teaches you perseverance, work effort and that nothing comes for free. Almost everyone who lifts natty for 2 years with a decent diet looks great to normies whether you are bulky or cut.

Yea OP you gotta raise your speed. You cant just max str, itll slow you down and make you look like a muscle-bound idiot

Oh sweetie! DOn't stop! Harder, sweetie, HARDER!!

Pic related is unironically my ex girlfriend, even looks likee her

Natty bodybuilding is a meme.

Just do a proper routine like Cantidos 6 week linear progression