How the fuck am i supposed to squat with these long ass legs?

How the fuck am i supposed to squat with these long ass legs?
My centre of gravity is in a different time zone compared to my feet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
youtu.be/fEMIqEQ10z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i thought lanklets were masterrace?

dont worry deadlift and squat is a meme it provides nothing that other exercises cant provide
even manlets shouldnt be doing squat dead its too risky even with their ridic low ROM

Im 5'8

Wide stance, knees out, forward lean, and heels

Depends on bodily proportions, twinky framelet giraffecels are fucked.

how tall is the mountain, how much does he squat and deadlift

oh yea lanklets are masterrace!

I go as low as I can, I'm able past parallel most of the time but I can't do ass to the grass, my balance will get fucked up and it only gets worse with the more weight I throw on.

Times like that I wish I had short legs

Too much stress on adductors and hip flexors compared to glutes hams and quads.

Bend at the knee

Well I'm just saying that's the best way to hit depth. Work on ankle mobility too and get that knee travel going.

I have a similar build (5'11 with 21" femurs) and have hit 4pl8 at 180 lbs bw in meet with all white lights. You can hit depth, you just have to work at it.

Khaleesi?

>how the fuck am i supposed to squat with these long ass legs
poorly and with great difficulty

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8

I can go complete atg with the bar and maybe with 75lbs max total weight for maybe 5-7 reps.
Also despite lifting all the weights on the leg raise machine my quads look non existant.

How do you measure femurs?

hip bone to top of the knee

>75 lbs for 5-7 reps
Your quads are non-existant m8.

worry about your relative segment lengths when you're squatting 315+, not now

you are like little babby

or just don't worry about it anyway because you can't change it

I'm I've been working on my squat form recently with a pretty wide stance and knees out a lot and this is how it looks. It's still pretty light for me, but you get the idea that it's possible to squat with long femurs and not look like a total train wreck. Still not as pretty as short femur people, but good enough.

Yeah but I mean method, seated? On top? To the side?

You're bending over a bit too much. Imagine you're pushing your lower back into the bar.

1. he's bending over because his femurs are long, and this is a necessary thing that has to happen for the bar to be over midfoot (otherwise he would be tipping over)
2. that's the worst cue i've ever heard

Breddy gud son

On the top, standing is what I did.

This desu.

Also this is what it looked like when I first hit 400 lbs a couple months ago before I decided I should work on my form.

He's actually not, back angle is about right for low bar squat according to pic related

>43cm at 188cm height
What is the magic ratio again? 22% of height? So close!

dat bulge

n-no homo

I had the same issue. On a deload week I decided to do some pause squats, and sitting down at the bottom I realized what I was doing wrong. First I fix my stance (my heels were not under me, and it felt weird). And second, I had to visualize myself pushing down and up at the same time, like as if I was trying to push open a giant bear trap with my legs and shoulders (instead of just pushing away from the floor or trying to just get the bar up)...as soon as I started visualizing in this way my balance was spot on and no more tilting forward on my way up.

Yeah way better to make it into a good morning with the amount of back bending. Ask me how I know you don't lift.

^ this guy is right to be honest, you don't need to do squats or deadlifts unless you're aiming to become a competitive powerlifter or a legend memester on Veeky Forums. no one gives a shit about your squat or your deadlift in real life, they only care what you look like. tell a chick you deadlift 400 lbs and she'll say "wow... is that a lot?"

This is why I don't care about depth. Your sweet looked great until you needed to hit that last half inch, in which case you had to crumple your back to hit it. If your competing, whatever, but other than that I see no reason to go that extra half inch

yeah no you're right, he should just not lean forward and instead have the bar center of gravity behind his feet because that will definitely allow him to squat better and won't just cause him to fall backwards because it's physically impossible to squat that way

fucking moron

Re: pushing in two directions:
youtu.be/fEMIqEQ10z8

Jesus fuck mate. What a pussy. People legit missing limbs don't have this problem. Milennials are fucked.

I've had girls be impressed when I tell them I can deadlift 475. Not all of them are totally clueless about lifting numbers.

Yeah, before my stance was too narrow + not enough knee travel for my femur length which is why I collapsed so badly. Widening my stance has helped a ton though. Also I do compete and have a goal of eventually getting 400 wilks.

>How the fuck am i supposed to squat with these long ass legs?

you are correct, people missing legs would not have this problem, good observation

is this okay form? i have long femurs too and i dont feel confident adding more weight to the squat bar because i have to lean forward alot (not as much as that but i dont squat 400lbs)

Yeah that's horrible just don't squat at all surely you have the worst proportions just don't even apply yourself

Layne Norton squatted like that up into the mid 600s, but he's gotten injured multiple times. It's okay form in the sense that it will allow you to lift the weight efficiently, but the back rounding and hips shooting up at the bottom definitely increases your risk of injury, hence why I widened my stance and am focusing on pushing my knees out now like here: You should video yourself and be mindful of your form and try to improve it, but don't stop adding weight to the bar because your form isn't perfect. Form is something you work on and improve over a long time and halting your progression until it's really good, will waste a ton of time.

> Not all of them are totally clueless about lifting numbers
Mhm, but the vast majority of them are 100 percent clueless. I wouldn't be surprised if the girl who was "impressed" by your 475 DL either didn't know shit and was being nice OR she was a lifter herself OR just that 475 lbs sounds like a lot of weight so any idiot would be impressed. Even then, your actual numbers are entirely beside the point because no woman on Earth would choose the "stronger" guy over the "fitter" guy if given a choice.

>gorilla arms

Literally cheating. At the lockout the bar hugs my dick

any tips on squatting like candito?

in the sense that in his demo clips he's able to go all the way down and stay relatively upright. I find that when I squat I tend to lean forward and the lower back rounds.

>just that 475 lbs sounds like a lot of weight

This might be it

Do you have any sisters with long legs?

Do front squats instead, low bar always felt like a good morning to me

>any tips on squatting like candito?
kill yourself and hope reincarnation is real
Who the fuck cares, lifting doesn't matter for attracting women anyway
Literally doesn't matter, if your limb proportions are fucked, your front squats won't be any better.

>lifting doesn't matter for attracting women anyway
That's exactly my point, my friend, it's looks that matter, not a measurement of strength

>manlet arms

Literally cheating. At the bottom of my bench press my elbows are below the bench.

Yes, hence one should squat and deadlift only for enjoyment or health.

Literally reroll genetics until you get short femurs.

This desu. I fucking squat 405 and deadlift 475 but only bench 260. I-I'll get 3pl8 one day.

I guess i need to widen my stance a bit then. I usually initiate with hips shooting up but i always correct it in an instant so my lower back never rounds, is this bad? Thanks man

Hips shooting up can also be a case of weak quads. It's hard to tell what's wrong without a video and working with someone over a long period of time. When you're squatting heavy weights though, the bar should always be over your midfoot and your back should not round.

This.
Hips would always shoot up during squat and put me into a good morning position. This is because its mechanically advantageous for people with weak quads. I've recently started focusing all my leg work on quads. Front squat, single leg leg press, lunges with the bar in front of you like front squats, etc and it has helped