Fit careers

What do you guys do for a living? Does you job make it hard for you to keep your gains?

Also do you even enjoy what you do?

Currently student
Going to be investment banker
Wanted to be an actor

>What do you guys do for a living?
nothing

>Does you job make it hard for you to keep your gains?
yes

>Also do you even enjoy what you do?
no

Back to school to become a chef with a diploma. Meanwhile i allready work as a chef

>data scientist/consultant
>go to on-premise gym before work 3 times/week
>like it but looking to switch companies

PhD student.
Most of my time is my own, so it's easy to make room for gains. I tend to have a lot to do in a week, though.
I like it, mostly. The research is interesting but I have no idea what I will do when I'm out.

Network design engineer

Keeping gains is easy, have food at work, have a gym in the office

I enjoy the job, but Im a workaholic and all I do is work

I'm looking to find some hobbies again

>What do you guys do for a living?
Bartender

>Does you job make it hard for you to keep your gains?
Fucking yes, constant cardio and being surrounded by alcohol is not conducive to getting fucking huge, also weird and constantly changing schedule

>Also do you even enjoy what you do?
Fuck yes, love it

I'm a server/student and yes its hard for me to make gains. I work at a high class sushi restaurant and since I'm cool with all the chefs, they're always asking me if I want something for free. I guess I could say no, but turning down free sushi is hard as fuck.

And no I don't enjoy what I do. I fucking hate my major and I'm not doing so well in school. I already dropped out once and I'm thinking about doing it again because I just do not like it. I don't really know what I want to do with my life. I also fucking hate my job. I know getting free sushi is cool, but thats really the only good thing about my job. My new boss just started a few months ago and holy fuck I hate him. He is a cunt that will never listen to any of the other workers even though we know more than him. Also tips have been getting kinda bad. I think this pace will shut down in a few months so I gotta find something new.

I thought about getting into sales/recruiter because I know they will hire anyone and there is good money involved. Also willing to try being a receptionist......or really anything at this point.

same, how advanced are you in your degree ? Applying for Spring insight programs this year, and M&A next september in a BB

What country do you live in?
Software engineer here, having a gym at the office is my dream. I'm so insanely tired after a day of work, my performance in the gym has gone down hill ever since.

tfw no more 10h student sleep hours.

I build forklifts 50 hours a week
Seeing some big right forearm gains from no time for gf
It's not bad I work with some funny guys and make better money than I should be with my terrible resume

fursuit maker
lifting doesn't interfere with it. makes it easier to model for clients
love what I do

>What do you do?
Just dropped out of full-time college. Trying to finish my ACE personal trainer certification before the 6-month window closes and I have to start paying off my student loans.

>Hard to keep gains?
If I lose any gains it's because the rest of my gains pushed them off.

>Do you enjoy what you do?
I only wish I'd thought of this sooner. Martial arts is the one thing in my life i've done more than anything else. Nobody told me that I could actually make a decent living pushing my physical limits and trying to get others to do the same.

Honest question, why do you want to become investment bankers? Is it only for the money?
If so what's your opinion on "money isn't important if you don't enjoy your job"?

Studying animation.
But I run a motion capture lab for now.
It's not a Veeky Forums feild, I usually meet cute art girls or fags

Any truckers here? Is it possible to be sitting in a truck for weeks at a time and still be fit?

>what do I do
Pilot, USAF
>Does it make it hard to keep your gains

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The gyms are GOAT and lifting culture is big in the aviation community, but we typically work 50-60 hour weeks and many times you're strapped for time, esp. if you have a family.

>Do I enjoy it
Most times. It's fucking awesome, good money, and I'm set for a solid career in or after the military, and I get to do cool shit every day. Otherwise, It's very high stress, and high workload. Being away from home sucks (lots of failed relationships), and depending on what you fly you can be stationed in absolute shit holes. Then for about 6 months every couple years you'll get sent to a shit hole where the locals really want to saw your head off and put it on live leak.

good starter for your career if you are interested in top management

Personally my dream plan is to work 1-3 years in IB and then move on to inhouse M&A, like Microsoft Ventures : less hours, less structure, all fun and opportunities !

But you have a point, I know somme fellow IB aspirants run after the money, and literally jsut want to be millionaires. I just enjoy finance so I go after the most selective option at first. But i don't need so much money, you only have one life to spare in between your job and your family/friends...

> Going to be in IB
I fucking doubt it.

t. Quant

yes. buy a collapsable utility bench and ironmaster DBs. meal prep is your friend.

What did you study ? also how do you like quant work ?

3rd year actuarial science student. I never had a social life anyway so finding time between studying to workout isn't too hard.

Oh and I hate my life

Kek

Last month of highschool
Lots of free time not hard
Going to study IT or engineering
Hate both fields
Always wanted to be pilot but family disapproves.
Am i a cuck for not just going to the airforce?

>Last month of high school
Where do you live user??

>What do you do for a living?
work at a child daycare center only about 20 hours a week b/c college student
>Does your job make it hard for you to keep your gains?
Hell no, I always have plenty of time to do homework before lifting, going to school, and then work.

Whats wrong with being a pilot?

why not exercise before work

Joining military

Rigorous training, few jobs, highly competitive, low pay considering the above. Not that guy but I assume his parents want him to be big fancy works for microsoft guy.

I load trucks at UPS in the early mornings. It's tough on my gains, especially after work. I don't really enjoy it, I'm just putting in my time until I can become a driver. Everything is done on a seniority list because of the union, but the benefits are definitely worth it.

My gym doesn't open intime, I'm thinking about switching gyms because of that. Morning workouts are god tier.

>What do you do for living?
Telemarket from home for a solar company

>Does your job make it hard for you to keep your gains?
Fuck no, perfect job for a bodybuilder. Cook fresh food when it's time to eat, go for a bicycle ride on my lunch break for cardio, take naps here and there when I need one. Only downfall is I'm sedentary all day but I make up for it chasing three kids around after school.

BS Finance, BS Economics, MS Statistics (focused on Stochastic Differential Equations, Dynamic Programming, Info Theory, and Control Theory), MBA.

I fucking love it. I'm in the gym from 4-6, at the office for 630, out daily after the markets close, always by 5. Very, very occasional weekend work or late nights. Literally no one bothers you if you handle your shit. Six figure income with signing bonus, options, profit sharing, bonuses, and all the other benefit shit.

Software Dev (glorified Programmer with slightly more responsibilities and freedom)

9 hour shifts of mostly sitting (ergonomic chair and having proper posture helps). Doesn't stop me from working out after work...I'm single with minimal responsibilities though

Ive never been super passionate about any one specific thing, more like entry-level interest in a shitload of fields..so I just decided to do what Im good at, for work. I'm of the belief that unless you're extremely passionate about a hobby, you're better off NOT trying to turn your hobby into a career, otherwise the fun will be drained from it.

Honestly, this is where it feels like I'm headed. 2nd year of CS degree, some hobbies beyond lifting, etc.

Seems comfortable, I suppose.

In South Africa. But I'm moving to Netherlands in February(Dutch citizenship so able to join their airforce)

Freshman
Cause I need a professional career after both my sisters became doctors and I just had to be the youngest
Fuck you too
Idk not even Jewish

> POG in the Army
>The opposite
>Fuckin' love it

Don't be mad. If you have feelings I promise you will not last 4 hours in my sector.

Where do you go to school? How tall are you (it matters)? What is your GMAT score? How many papers have you published? Name the last good article you read in HBR.

>>What do you guys do for a living?
Neurology resident
>>Does you job make it hard for you to keep your gains?
It's okay, a lot of it is sedentary, it's only the night shifts that really fuck you up
>>Also do you even enjoy what you do?
Not really. I should have studied something like . The problem with my work is that it almost doesn't scale at all, that the hierarchy in the hospital means you are expected to be expressly subordinate to people you don't respect. Also the hours are shit. The only kind of good thing is that you deal a lot with people, not only the patients, which for me was a huge learning experience having before been more the outcast basement dweller.

> baruch
> 6’1 in shoes ( 6’0 barefoot)
>The fucks a GMAT
> 0
> what’s HBR

If you have the maths you can consider a CFA and secure a role as an analyst (buy side is for alphas, sell side for cucks) in the healthcare space.

Being subordinate to people you don't respect is the first lesson you learn. Be prepared to work for 110 IQ slapdicks with Harvard MBAs because the have the right last name.

>How tall are you (it matters)?
Why?

> Good.
> Good.
> Not a promising sign...
> There's time. Ask profs how you can help get your name on some shit.
> Whew lad...

Because manlets like me have to be twice as good to get half the respect. Visit a trading desk and tell me I'm wrong

First semester man
> they won’t even let us take classes involving our major

Fur suits can get fucking pricey. I remember a few high demand ones being $2,000 to $3,000

>letting your parents decide your career field
Jesus dude get your shit together.

>going for history degree at shitty CC
>had awful grades in HS
>love philosophy, geopolitics, etc like any other psued
>horrible at life skills, better discipline now since i got sober
>on my way to teaching with my degree and due to years of degeneracy am (not) autistic, but feel lost

No idea what I should do. I'm brown so I feel I have a good shot at doing alright getting a teaching job and standing out in uni, but i dont know.. I hate that my interests revolve around boring shit like this. I'm still a loser but I've came so fucking far from where I was before...

>accounting analyst for an IT company

>Not really, I lift at night in my basement

>Meh. Don't love or hate it. I just work hard to get through the day and make some money so I can go home and live my life

Aren't you simply judged by how impressive your numbers are to soulless greed-mongers?

Programmer at a large hardware company
Not hard to keep gains since I don't have any
Fucking love it

>Software Engineer
>Not really, free to go to the gym every day mid-day to avoid the crowds. Only shitty part is I sit a lot. Standing desks are okay but I find I get distracted being able to look around.
>Yes, it pays extremely well and it's like getting paid to solve puzzles, which I like.

Web developer

Currently at a really good place in terms of making gains and supporting myself. Just got into an apartment in a really good spot l. ~5min walk to gym, ~12min walk to office, but I still prefer to work from home and noone really cares.

Because of working with italians in current project, my working day is basically 11:30 AM to 6PM, so I can easily fit my workouts in mornings.

Also I have not paid for my gym membership for 3 years, since my company provided health insurance covers the cost

cpa, yes enjoy

any high school teachers here?

give me some feedback I'm thinking about becoming one currently in my last year of college

Kuwait isn't a real deployment.

Also
> six months

Get right the fuck out of here with those rookie numbers.

>highly competitive, low pay considering the above.
uhh, where are you getting your info from? My bro in law is a pilot and makes bank.

How hard is the exam, senpai?

Back when I passed it was given twice a year. It's tough but I took a course, they gave me good online/computer study guides and I rocked all four parts. Accounting major?

>infantry
>go on month long excersise and be in caloric deficit almost every day doing retarded amounts of cardio and sleeping innawoods. No gym ever and 4 hours of sleep per day.
Glad I left, the army is the enemy of gains.

There's some truth to that, but I had to work twice as hard to get my models the credibility they deserve, compared to 6'2 Aryan model Chad from Wharton.

It's very strange. Most people in IB are at least 6" and at least fairly attractive.

pls answer

well if your bro in law is doing well I guess it means every pilot is making bank then...damn

how did you become a pilot? any tips?

Bike courier bc I study and can choose my hours. P good cardio and with nice weather it aint too bad

attorney at a big law firm. hours are terrible and unpredictable so it can be hard to get into a satisfying fit routine, but it happens if you commit to it. I live exhausted though, unclear how much longer I can do this.

>unclear how much longer I can do this.

You mean at work or lifting? Or both?

Can you set "non negotiable time" like book a recurring appointment in your Outlook calendar from like 7-9 am daily and have it show do not disturb?

Both, which really just means work needs to change so I can keep doing what I want.

Most days I work 12-15 hours, work out, grab drinks with friends or coworkers and do it again the next day. it's been three years of this grind so a change of scenery mite b cool

I'm a theater actor in Russia. My salary is 600$ and sometimes i want to kill myself. But i'm pretty famous here so i don't have any problem with girls.

I fit windows and curtain walling

Fucking hate it and have actually been out of this sort of work for 8 weeks

Only reason I kept it up is because I managed to take home like £600 a week doin it.

I need to find something new tho but can't and most jobs are ignoring my cvs..

It's funny you'd say that. I'm in medicine and what I noticed is that internal medicine and neurology people are generally below 6ft, while surgeons are generally above 6ft. In particular, at neurosurgery only 1 of 20 male doctors was shorter than me, and I'm 189cm.

Sorta, the way this industry is set up at this level that what you provide partners at a firm with is your availability 24 hours a day, more than any specific highly valued legal ability. I'm lucky and my partner isn't a massive dick, so despite the fucked hours my work environment is good

>i'm pretty famous here so i don't have any problem with girls

Girls from Siberia kinda look Mongoliod, no? Not really that impressive.

Tech support
Just trying to start at workplace gym, since real membership too expensive.
Work is shit, so is pay, that's what I get for being retard about education.

My mom is one. It takes up a lot of time and she barely gets sleep but she says she likes teaching. She hates the administration though.

Just pick a nice white area and you'll be fine, poor, but fine. Idk why anyone would want to be around high schoolers unless you are a pedo/weirdo or something.

Actually girls in Moscow are pretty hot compare to shitty french sluts. I mean i'm poor as fuck by russian standarts but i visited France and Germany a few years ago. Both french and Germany girls are ugly as fuck.

Trained as an ecologist.
Worked as a zookeeper with birds of Prey for 2 years.
Back in college doing a pt/gym instructor course.
Finalising whether I'll be studying physiotherapy(3-4 years) or teaching qualification(2 years) for September 2018.
I'm 27, will I do the longer, more expensive, and more difficult qualification. Which will ultimately be more satisfying?
I have until Christmas to decide.

I've been working as a garbage man for 2.5 months now. It helped me lose some weight while still eating like a pig so that's decent. Could've lost some more but went from 125kg to 110 kg.

The job itself is very physically demanding and that kind of stopped me from doing anything other than work for the first few weeks, but after I got used to it I started going to the gym again. Even without the gym, the nature of the job kind of helped me build some forearm and lat strength. Lots of running, picking up shit, hanging behind a fast driving truck holding onto handgrips...

Quite to my surprise, the job has been very satisfying. The way it works is, you go out on a route with a truck driver and a fellow helper, and whenever you complete this route, you get to go home. So, if you and your helper are good enough, you can go home pretty early. shifts start at 7 am, and usually last till 4/5 pm, but if you have a good team you can be done by 2pm or even earlier depending on the route. Challenging yourself to get a better time on a route and seeing improvement is really satisfying and keeps you motivated to try hard, unlike some other factory/logistic/warehouse jobs I’ve had before.

The firm I work at has a lot of younger guys employed, so the company is pretty good as well. If you get along with your helper, time really flies. Only typical bro-dudes work there though, no talking about anime/video games or some shit cause they’ll make fun of you. Kinda feels like an all boys school or some shit sometimes, lol.

Pay is decent. I live in the Netherlands, 25 years old, and make about 420 euro’s for a 40 hr week. In reality, though, you make more than 40 hrs if you work the entire week. Usually make about 480~500 a week.
Downsides to this job is that there is no job-security at all if you don’t have a truck drivers license. Plus it's dangerous as fuck (morons on the road, glass/other shit people put in their trash)

Oh, didn't gull read. Got a fuck load of cardio as a zookeeper, making gains now as learning to teach people the basics has made me review them myself and fix some minor issues with my form

I'm a soldier in the US army. It's pretty dope because we do "PT" everyday (despite the fact that it's weak sauce calisthenics), but still, I'm getting paid to work out. Going to the gym is encouraged here and high PT scores make it so it's easier to get promoted. One of the most Veeky Forums related jobs out there desu I enjoy every minute of it here, yeah there is a lot of bullshit but that's in any job. The food they serve here is kinda meh and it makes it difficult to an extent to keep your gains. As long as you're picking the right things to eat at the DFAC, and pick up a nice protein powder from the PX you'll be fine.

You're living the dream with the golden handcuffs.

>Public interest attorney
>9(30ish) to 5
>just started last month
>Moving out next month
>Lifting time is plentiful
>Benefits are banana town crazy pants amazing

Only problem? My salary is about a quarter of yours if that. But, the salary ain't bad to start off with while gaining specialized real estate and housing related skills.

While your situation seems dire, I'm sure your savings and investments are platinum tier. All you have to do now is drop to a medium sized firm and chill. Your life and money are now solid forever if you followed basic savings rules. Congrats, man. You've done well.

Now you can get Veeky Forums again while being closer to financial independence.

I'm 28 and an engineer and I don't like it. Am I insane for thinking about applying to be a firefighter with my city and dropping this job/degree?

Kind of you to say my PI bro. I live a fiscally lean lifestyle, and the plan is to have ~200k by the end of year in savings and funds and re-evaluate what I wanna have the rest of my 20s be.

Is working in sales or HR a good idea? I'm in college right now and I've gotten a few offers to work in sales. They told me that I will make a lot of money from commission and I will also get a base salary. I've also been offered a small HR job. And I think it might be cool too, but I think the sales job will make me more money.

Either way, does anyone have exp in any of these fields?

My fellow UPS bro. What hub/city/state?

I drive the big rigs. Comfy job, but the start times vary wildly. One week I start work at 9 p.m., the next week I'll start at 11 a.m., and the next at midnight. Gains are hard to make and slow to build.

Don't ever take sleep for granted Veeky Forumsizens. Get a good nights rest whenever you can.

This has to be bait

Sales is one of the worst jobs in America. You don't even need a degree to work on sales. Enjoy working at the local minimart for the rest of your life.

Sushi is execellent gains fuel, especially a ton of sashimi pieces. Your fucking dumb I stopped reading your shitty story right there.

chef
no
yes

I wanted to kill myself when I worked at FedEx loading trucks. It was 5 hours of deadlifts every damned day. Just wave after wave of those little 20lb packages (that feel so much heavier) swamping you out. It was non stop sweat too. If that wasn't bad enough, my coworkers didn't know how to load their trailers even though we all got hired on at the same time, so I had to throw hundred pound incompatible packages into their trailers above my head because they didn't leave any room like an idiot.

Fuck UPS/FedEx... for real... the package handlers were all crack addicts and the managers were all alcoholics... go to college anons, get out while you still can and go to college.

Working with large numbers of women can suck.

I was considering it too but I decided to go for computer programming

> teaching
+ hot young girls you can hit up once they graduate
- you could lose your job if you flirt with them too much
- absolutely shit pay
- long commute to work, most teachers don't even live in their school district

>Sales is one of the worst jobs in America.
Excluding pharma and financial product sales -- those can be pretty excellent gigs. Generally reserved for the good looking and at least semi-intelligent.

Personal trainer and weight room staff at my father's gym.

I enjoy it but I can't shake off the feeling that maybe I'd want to try other things before I'm too old to.

Having this job is amazing for gains, though. I can train whenever I want, I get ridiculous discounts on all kinds of supplements from most of the websites selling them (up to 70% discount at times), and I get to flirt with all the qts that come to the gym. Gains and sex life have been going great in the last year.

So yeah, pretty satisfied