/FAST/ AIN'T NO CALORIES IN ME EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast, notice how he is not 1)dead or 2)looks like a wrinkled vagina
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
PMC3106288/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

If you have any sticky suggestions, post them and they will be included in the future

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74F22bjBmqE
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>when you're now immune to 2-days

Good feel, did my push workout yesterday on my full fast day and I don't feel sore at all, that with 10k iu vitamin D before bed and I woke up feeling like siddartha

We're all gonna make it bros

lazy fag here,

what's the amount of PHS intake I want to aim for on a 3 day? this will be my first extended fast after doing 18:6 for the past 2 months.

I'm not hungry.......

What exactly does fasting do for you? I honestly forget

Doesn't it increases your metabolism? Or something?

Vitamin D is fat-soluble. You wasted those 10,000 units.

No , it would even be the "opposite" , not really decrease it but make you better at digesting your food , a normal non faster may get only 95% of the calories from his meal , but a faster will be able to harvest more energy from his food instead of shitting it , so going by that way of thinking it "decrease" metabolism ,

and it also REALLY decrease it by making you better a sustaining life on lower calories intake , it allow you to reduce your BMR , which is not a bad thing unless you have an eating dirsorder

Everything, when it comes to cellular and intracellular recycling, reshaping hormone sensitivity profiles, downthrottling growth factors for bad things and upthrottling other good things like HGH to an amazing extent, Reducing bodily inflammation, and even making the brain more efficient.

Read the fucking sticky

youtube.com/watch?v=74F22bjBmqE

if you're not trying to lose weight or fix some sort of disease, fasting doesn't offer much if anything.

you don't just shit out calories. your digestive system isn't that stupid.

see and If you'd bother to read the op or watch any of the detailed lectures, you'd that is just not the case. IF is probably the most powerful tool in continued health, gainz, and energy management around

Thanks. I actually decided to read the sticky that explains all about fasting. Fasting sounds really good, but I thought you don't enter 'ketosis' (the mode where your body targets fat) until like day 3-4? The article mate it sound like your body instantly targets fat, after just like 14-18 hours

if i took my preworkout (25 cals )at 7am, will i break my fastvwith a 5 hour shot(4calories).i know 50 is the breaking point but what about nrg supplements.?

Depends on if you're keto adapted already or do a bunch of exercise.
I personally can drop into full keto in about a day or less as an adapted person, esp if I walk (walking for some reason is the only real good way, Dom, D'Agostino has a write up on it). If you're used to a carby diet, it may take a while for your insulin levels to drop low enough and have all your glycogen stores depleted, probably in that 3-4 day window though.

I've already watched that. I don't think she said anything that contradicts what I said.

So, do you think I should start walking? Cause I already do a 30-45 min speed walk on a treadmill each day. This will help me enter ketosid faster? Only thing I've eaten all day is half a thing of lettuce, which is no more then maybe 20-30 calories at most. I wanna fast, but I don't wanna take 3-4 days of fasting, I wanna do 14-16 hour fasts. I can go up to 2-3 days if I must, just to get my body adjusted

your digestive system has a capacity for energy absorption far beyond what you could ever hope to ingest without killing yourself. The idea that you run the risk of "wasting" calories or energy is bunk.

am I fucking myself by training fasted?
I usually wake 11am-midday and then have a cup of coffee and go lift at 13pm, come home and have a piece of fruit or protein shake, then do whatever the fuck I gotta do and eat later a big ass meal

Anyone here read THe Warrior Diet?
pretty nice but I'd like to hear opinions from Veeky Forums

My favorite fasting regimen is to fast for 48 hours before eating a nice big meal and then repeating the process. I'm putting on muscle and gaining strength because of noobgains.
I'm also losing fat like a motherfucker and I feel amazing, also I have zero signs of loose skin, I was a bit worried about that even though I haven't had to lose that much fat. The other thing is that once every 48 hours I can really enjoy a meal, I still avoid sugar and I don't stuff myself, but I don't have to count calories.

I reckon if more fat cunts knew it was this easy we'd have way less of them.

>not eating for 48 hours
>easy

Its not even a long time, all it takes is a wee bit of willpower and a rational look at the cost/benefits. You save money on food, you lose bodyfat, you enjoy your food more, and you get the autophagy meme.

Training fasted is literally the leangains protocol, around hours 15-16 of your fast you should have about 180% more HGH then normal, if you're doing OMAD, by hour 23 you should have HGH levels hovering 300% of baseline.
Don't forget to eat a bit of protons right after though

How many calories do you eat when you do actually eat? I'm gonna assume least 1,800-2,400?

5k is the daily max

Yeah I'm really not sure, probably at least 2000 maybe as high as 3500

My magnesium supplement has 5 calories and 1 carb, will this affect my fasting or autophagy in any way? I have some loose skin so I really wanna maximize the autophagy thing.

Also I take yohimbine hcl and caffeine everyday to help the weakness when I work out, will they affect the fasting in any way?

Currently 12 days into my fast, plan on going 5-6 weeks btw

Pls help

Been doing IF for years, been on keto for a week to jump started the shred process. Glad to see these threads.

Also daily reminder that nicotine gum is the GOAT cutting aid. Suppressed appetite, increases thermogenesis by up to 10% in men when combined with caffeine, far better tolerated than ephedrine or yohimbine.

None of those things will affect your fast. That's a pretty insane plan, how much do you have to lose? Unfortunately loose skin is a dice roll for the most part, some people get it worse than others. Not much to be done.

Would it make sense to do:

- 5 days water fast
- 2 days keto

That way I don't break ketosis and I still have food to look forward to on the weekend?

about 100 lbs total, 6', I already did 2 weeks of fasting and lost about 25 lbs, then ate normally for like a week, now I wanna see if I'll lose the last 75 lbs in 6 weeks of fasting. Also it may not be loose skin, may just be flab. I lost 100+ lbs before between the ages of 14 and 16, and had absolutely no loose skin then, but maybe it was because of puberty or something, i did get like an inch taller throughout that time. I'm 20 now btw, does age have an effect on the loose skin thing?

Pls tell me more about nicotine gum, is it dangerous? Will it hurt my teeth/gums/breath in any way? Do I just chew it like normal gum? Will I get addicted to it? Is it expensive?

If it were really all that great wouldn't more fatties use it?

if you youtube autophagy loose skin theres a few videos with health gurus yapping on about how extended water fasts mean their patients have little to no loose skin, so fuck yeah go for it. I've also heard more recently that certain autophagy niggers reckon even black coffee and multivitamins might interrupt the autophagy process but I dunno, do your research, stay hydrated, moisturize your skin and don't eat too much protein, from what I can tell you want your body to look for excess protein in the skin, and then to cannibalize that shit.

how do i get enough sugar so that i dont feel like passing out after intense workouts?

>is it dangerous?
Depends on the definition of dangerous... nicotine slowly harms you over decades and is addictive. But 90% of the harm caused by cigarettes is the smoking part.

>Will it hurt my teeth/gums/breath in any way?
No.

>Do I just chew it like normal gum?
Yes.

>Will I get addicted to it?
Nicotine is very additive, both chemically and emotionally. Be sure you don't have an addictive personality before you use it.

>Is it expensive?
No, it doesn't have the taxes cigarettes do. A year's supply of generic Nicorette will send you back $60 depends on how much gum you chew a day.

We've discussed coffee and multis before, Fung says that 50cal and up disrupts the fast, though 25cal is probably as high as you want to take it if you want more of the delicate benefits of autophagy.

The coffee thing is bullshit, Joe Rogan asked Rhonda Patrick about it and she pulled something out of her ass but refuses to put out any evidence unless you donate 5 bucks to her patreon and sit through a patron question stream. Because I could find nothing else on coffee breaking fasts, I'm ignoring what she says until something tangible comes out.

Also
>aware of the fine calorie and insulin sensitivity and how it could affect autophagy
>too scared to take your omega 3's on your 2 and 3 day fasts
We need more research anons

Bout to start a 3 day fast. Regenerate my white blood cells in prep for flu season.

Nicotine gum is about as safe as energy drinks if you're only getting 2 - 4mg per day. You don't chew it as actively, box comes with instructions. Addiction potential is low. It's like coca leaf vs cocaine vs crack - rate of administration matters. I think it's stigmatised because of the anti-tobacco lobby. Tobacco isn't great for you, but lower doses of nicotine haven't even been linked to heart disease, much less cancer.

What was the name of the upton sinclair/kurt vonnegut book on fasting that What I've Learned mentioned in his fasting vids? The lymphoma thing seems insane and I want to read on that.

How many calories in Nicotine gum? My current sugar-free gum has 5 calories and 2 grams of sugar alcohol per stick, will this effect muh fasting?

Only three kcal iirc, also from sugar alcohol. That amount won't affect your fast, polyols have a negligible effect on blood sugar.

About to start a 7 days water fast, and I can't wrap my head around supplements.
I've done 2 or 3 days fasts in the past and I've never worried about supplementing, but I fear a longer fast need more prepping.
Is it okay (necessary) to supplement omega 3s and vitamins - vitamin D in particular - or I'm better off with electrolytes (Lite Salt) only?

Oh, and half that if you do what I do and split the 4mg gum in half.

Re: chewing - I very slowly, intermittently chew over about an hour or more. That helps ensure slow rate of delivery.

Did you bother to read fung's protocol or any of the other available online protocols for it?

Is it bad that I drink sips to curb hunger? It's 0 calories so in theory it shouldn't disrupt autophagy... Right?

Can you eat pickles? They claim to have zero calories.

does honey break the fast?

Not bad, I'm doing this. I'm not eating all day till evening I come back from my job, then I eat whatever I want withing ~3 hours, I seem to lose some weight or at least I do not gain any,

Guys, I'm doing the Magnificent Winged Faggot Diet (48 days fast, one huge meal) and it's been going pretty well for me so far.

good b8 m8

pickles on an empty stomach is just going to make you feel like shit. Plus it's a lot of sodium

>sodium
>bad

READ THE FUCKING OP YOU FUCKING LIMP-DICKED SALTLET

QUESTION BROTHER'S

what the fuck about my fat stomach? I am currently between 210-213 and I'm worried about my stomach. I'm eating far under 2,000 calories and I'm doing a 24 hour fast. I'm scared about loose skin! Is it a problem?

My pussy doesn't smell "kind of" like a stinky fart. My pussy smells EXACTLY like a stinky fart.

Hope this helps.

What

My pussy. Didn't you ask about my pussy?

nigger just fucking answer my question, I have autism, I don't wanna play your game.

Will I be nothing but loose skin or not. Simple answer.

I ALREADY TOLD YOU. IT SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE A STINKY FART.

I'm guessing that's a yes?

I mean, if I get muscle, that should help, right?

I guess so. I mean I clean it out every once in a while but I could probably do a better job. Maybe start wiping front to back or something.

This is Veeky Forums not /b/

Go die, please sir. Please.

Do you think I wanted to talk about my pussy? That shit's private bro, fuck you for asking and double fuck you for giving me shit when I decided to open up about it.

Sooooo... a pickle is okay?

Sort of. But it really is closest to a stinky fart smell.

careful how you handle that Chinatsu you nigger.
third day here, bretty good so far desu.

it really is.

would be better to eat below your TDEE, doing keto and OMAD if you want to do that.
i am going for a 5 days water fast but you can't sustain that shit forever, i am planning to do as i said before after this fast.

People have told me that the Human body will eat up its muscle before fat. From a biological/survival standpoint, to me, that sounds like complete nonsense. Totally ass-backwards.

the body decided to put the ass on the backwards side. so why wouldn't its processes be ass backwards too?

it is, but people are realizing that

Whenever I fast, I end up spending all the time I normally would eating, watching cooking shows.
Anyone else? Or is it just me torturing myself

the thing is that our ancestor never had lots of muscle mass to begin with , a fat modern time slob or nu-male won't have as much so he is ok but anyone interested in bodybuilding/powerlifting already has way more and in case of survival it is useless calories taxing muscle that need to go first .

Thoughts about this Intermittent Fork Putdowns routine:
6 hours of regular eating - eggs, meats, maybe some potatoes, 0 fat quark, nuts
For the rest of time only some fruits or veggies allowed to suppress hunger

Maybe you realise you can't make those dishes as perfect as it's shown and your high standards block your appetite?

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

I have been eating only once every 24 hours (in the morning) low carb, for a week now. Took 2 months to get to this (and on low carb for 5 months), i used to eat throughout the day. This is amazing.

Anyone else get really dry mouth and cough a lot around 16 hours of fasting?

You need more water when fasting.

Those drinks are expensive and bad for your health in general.
If you need something, drink tea or coffee.

>Reducing bodily inflammation
One of my favorite reasons for fasting, I've really fucking bad acne but now it's all cleared up

Thats true but we arent saints. Something is better than nothing. And they arent expensive dude.
I like them. its a grey area desu. It shouldnt disrupt autophagy but yuo may suffer other sides. based on the sweetener used, it may spike insulin, blood glucose, or trigger hunger cravings due to the flavor.

Kek

For those interested in the hgh boost offered by fasting, I'd recommend you also look into the hgh boosts offered by niacin (the flushing kind, not the slow release kind)

Energy drinks are expensive in Europe. If you buy them at a bar (because you're out with the boys and need to drink something), prepare to pay at least USD $18 for one at a cheap bar.

Imo the best method long-term is just to rub a few drops of vape juice onto your skin.

OK well we all dont live in europe, we all dont routinely go to abrs while fasting, and if you grow a brain you can buy them at a gas station for like 1.50$. calm your autism.

Could be acid reflux. Do you get a hoarse voice also?

Veeky Forums is probably the only place on the internet that recommends sodium and other supplements while fasting. eat your pickles and drink your coke zero, you can call it whatever you want but you still won't be fasting

>eat your pickles
while fasting???
Are you fucking stupid?

I was obviously being sarcastic, read the posts I'm responding too

dude it wasnt obvious at all. Most people here are fucking idiots so i just figured you were one as well.

to my defense, I did end my post with "you still won't be fasting".
but I do agree, Veeky Forums is retarded and I don't even know why I come here, especially the /fast/ threads. you'd be better off flipping a coin than asking for fasting advice here.

>to my defense, I did end my post with "you still won't be fasting".
But that may be technically true. Some say coke zero on a fast is breaking it due to the artificial sweeteners. Thought you may have been one of those people.

coke zero breaks your fast, vitamins break your fast, coffee breaks your fast just like pickles break your fast.
not sarcasm

>vitamins break your fast
I suppose swallowing saliva breaks it as well?
Youre a fucking retard.

there are people who take month long fasts without any supplements while Veeky Forums is telling people they need to take vitamins during their 20 hour fasts. it's ridiculous and you are all retarded is what I'm saying.

sauce on the image? For gains and shit

Any full time students in here? I have done IF and 24h fasts previously, I want to try more fasting but unsure how it would effect my concentration and learning rate. Anyone?

I don't swallow saliva. Any unused saliva goes straight into your mother's face.

after I got used to fasting (took like a week) I got more concentrated during my fasts than while I was eating. it definitely did not have a negative effect on my studying