Strength = aesthetics

>strength = aesthetics

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/chaselindley
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/15386-zach-update.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just needs to cut desu

>you won't make any aesthetic gains if you focus on strength

Would take about a year and he would probably lose his meme strength

>Wanting loose skin

>reddit filename
Fuck off back there. Also
>loose skin
>stretch marks on the fucking belly
Garbage.

Post your body, baitmaster
>Inb4 you don't
Stay mad, pudgy boy.

>reddit filename
Do you mean Imgur? Reddit filenames are similar to facebook filenames.

Not wanting to beat your cancer because you don't want the chemo to make you bald

This is your retarded mentality.

found the fatty

Top tip

You don't need to become obese to make muscle gains

Cancer isn't controllable, unlike fat.

>protip
>He didn't do a strength based workout program you lying faggot.

What did he mean by this?

Really, what did you mean? You're using greentext incorrectly and are coming off as incoherent.

Go back to plg and continue to talk stupid college dorks and neets into becoming fat powerlifters.

?

>tfw when all you've done is push ups,pull ups, levers and dips daily and you still look better than most of Veeky Forums

>baby's first Veeky Forums

user.
That guy posted himself and his story in multiple /cbt/ threads and his own thread.
He didn't do a strength based lifting routine and nothing else
I think it's in the archive.

Levers are hard man. Sorry about your legs about your flat ass and no traps though.

He's not even strong in that photo.

That's not me. That's DNAguy and he hasn't posted on Veeky Forums in months. I post him because he doesn't do a strength routine and he achieved good results while on a cut.

>people talking shit about strength training
pic related is me, did SS for 14 months then cut.

Ask yourself, how do you know it..? Yes because youre also a faggy redditor. Kys urself desu

>..
>faggy
>kys
>ur
>desu
You are the lowest of the low.

He actually is relatively strong
This is a picture of him after Ripp was publically called out on claiming that people would put on heavy doses of gear amounts of muscle if they follow SS.

He doesn't look like that anymore.
He stopped lifting and became obese. Not circus man fat like most lard asses. But he's not a average weight man.

>He stopped lifting and became obese. Not circus man fat like most lard asses. But he's not a average weight man.
Where you getting this from? Just curious since I can't find anything about this on the forums and I always wanted to find out.

sexy

>strength & aesthetics

>Roids

Chase is the new SS poster boy

instagram.com/chaselindley

Someone here found him and posted his pics.
It was startling.
He was a fat rando adult with short hair and a goofy ass smile with his fat house frau wife.

Sounds like the good old "oh x trip is dead" type shit sorry lad ain't buying it people on this website are compulsive liars.

>instagram.com/chaselindley
>19 year old
>600 lb squat
>330 for reps bench
>315 ohp
Fuck my life into pieces.

You have any idea of how many sets they actually do?
Equating the sheer work capacity and MASS BUILDING on top of strength training that they do to fucking SS is an insult.

Do you think anybody can look like that even with roids in 6 months much less on PPL or other faggy shit?
SS is a beginner program and the volume is adequate as such for it.

>315 ohp
About that...

>330 reps bench
>315 ohp
one of those is far better than the other (protip: someone that would be able to strict press 3pl8 would bench 4.5pl8 easy. Looking at his form, I wonder why...

He's also natural you dumb mongoloid

just don't bulk that hard dumbass.

His lift passes as rules that make it OHP just as if you goodmorning your squat but still hit depth it's still a squat.

It's a shit beginner program and everyone on earth who isn't into the strength and powerlifting cult up to their eyeballs puts people on a general weightlifting/calisthenics and cardio program.

Shhhhh
Let them snap their shit up.
it's the only way they'll learn.

Muh superior body building genetics

Please tell me English isn't your first language.

>general weightlifting/calisthenics and cardio program.
Yeah you have no clue.

>strict press 3pl8 would bench 4.5pl8

He doesn't Bench often though, once you become a big boy and start lifting some decent weights you will know that you will have to prioritize ohp or bench and most go for bench.

brian alsruhe strict presses 315 and benches in the lo 500s, no excuse there. The big disparity is from meme-pressing form

also, it's safe to say chase would hit 240 at most with regular strict pressing (still good, but layback press is essentially 95% of a push press)

>Some guy does it thus it applies to everyone
Huh? Do you also deny people existing with similar DL and Squat?

Not that what Chase does isn't ohp.

a push press is also an OHP.

>a push press is also an OHP.
It's not. The knee bending disqualifies it.

Post body then

>a push press that goes over your head does not qualify as an over head press
really activates my almonds
I see what you're saying, but an overhead press can be any vertical press. People should specify whether they mean push press or strict press

Who /HIIT/ here?

>a push press that goes over your head does not qualify as an over head press
>but an overhead press can be any vertical press.
>Hurr jerks are OHP as well
You need to learn the definitions. You're clearly just talking out of your anus. Thankfully google is there to help you.

A layback press allows for almost the same weight as a push press. Both are an overhead pressing movement, if you want to define your retarded SS pressing as OHP then a push press is too.
Faggot

>you're clearly just talking out of your anus
no, that's established strongman lingo. Stop being a retarded SSdrone

Nope not how definitions work. Stay mad
Strongman lingo is irrelevant for the vast majority they consider hitching and straps to be a succesful deadlift.

Bruh. Stop trying to defend SS.
The guy's life was ruined.
He's a fat sack of shit and he doesn't even lift anymore.

chase can't strict press above ~240 range. prove me wrong.
On Veeky Forums, OHP refers to strict press. A layback press isn't an OHP just as a push press isn't when we use the term here.

SS is shit as a beginner program
The amount of injured burnouts and injured fat sacks of shit coming off of it and giving up lifting altogether should tell you everything you need to know.

It's a toy program for already athletic teen boys. That's it.

What are you on about? How am I defending SS ? I am just calling out this website for what it is, if no source not buying it sorry lad.

No it doesn't, and yes, they technically are. Well done, you've passed Babby's First Semantic Arguments.

The press as SS teaches it ('Press 2.0' they call it) is a very different movement from a push press, which you'd know if you'd ever actually done either. But since you don't even lift...

>The amount of injured burnouts and injured fat sacks of shit coming off of it and giving up lifting altogether should tell you everything you need to know.
I'm sure you can pull out a source of that right?

a layback press (or press 2.0 as your super heroes call it) is also a very different movement from a strict press, which you'd know if you weren't an egolifting dyel.
Point still stands: If chase could actually ohp 315, he wouldn't struggle with a 330 bench as someone that doesn't fully neglect bench

>On Veeky Forums
Says the ledditor
>OHP refers to strict press.
No it doesn't.

I've been here for 7 years.
and it usually does given its usage on this board, stop redefining consensus faggot

>he wouldn't struggle with a 330 bench
He did 5 Easy reps with a slight struggle in last one.

>it usually does given its usage on this board
Nope. Most people mention they do strict since that gives them more e-stating.

it's still underperforming compared to the level an actual 315 strict press would be at. Dayum I'm not even arguing for the original question (as strength and aesthetics can come together and it's convenient to go that path) but the 315 chase press is IMO just as impressive as someone push pressing 325, but not a legit 3pl8 OHP

Yes, it is. Nobody ever claimed it wasn't. The criteria for the technique used is 'most muscle mass over longest effective range of motion.' Press 2.0 lets you lift more weight than a strict press without taking the strain off your shoulders and triceps by starting off the movement with your quads. It's therefore a better way to make your upper body stronger than either a strict press (it allows more weight to be used thanks to employing slightly more muscle mass and cueing the kinetic chain more efficiently) or a push press (it doesn't do it by compromising the involvement of the 'prime movers' in the exercise - in this case the delts, traps, and triceps.)

You're as bad as one of those high bar faggots who thinks that squatting 100kg with a perfectly vertical back makes him somehow better than the guy in the next rack doing 4pl8 low bar.

I fully understand the mechanics behind olympic style pressing, and don't even say that it'd be muh dangerous etc. - but for non-comp reasons it is just as much of an OHP as a push press is in terms of additional weight used.

It is a legit OHP though, it is not a strict press I am not disagreeing there but it is an OHP.
A push press is not an OHP, these are the definitions of the lifts.

a push press is an OHP, these are the definitions of the lift given a certain competition environment.

A push press is a variation of it just as a strict or a military press are as well but they aren't OHP.
>Given a certain competition environment.
Which became the norm definitions.

Most people can push press WELL in excess of their olympic style press. Like up to a plate more. The difference is significant, and you're literally trying to devalue the achievement of a guy who's almost certainly much stronger than you at any press variant on an anonymous mongolian wig-knitting forum. Good for you, I guess.

with keto it would take a month max.

Yes.
A big thing is that the fucking geeks from reddit outright denounced ss. If those fucking neophytes shit on the program then it's on the outs with the fucking loser brigade across the web

Face it.
Starting Strength is not for the average out of shape fucktard. But that's who it's marketed to.
Out of shape adolescents and adult adolescents who're completely fucking ignorant of how their body works and safe exercise choices.
They got lured in by not being a pussy and being strong unlike those curl bros and basic bitch cardiobunnies. OR OR they'll look good after a year of SS like someone who's been lifting for years!!
But they left injured looking like shit and completely disillusioned with fitness in general.

>>>le.ddit

He is, I strict 2pl8 but never claimed to be stronger. With that said, I disagree with you - people will push press well in excess due to the push press being easier to learn than olympic pressing. Once mastered, the potential is in a similar weight range.
norm def. in strongman includes push pressing and sometimes excludes push jerks (i.e. last years viking press), whereas technical aspects of actual jerks can be left out given a less useful bar

>Once mastered, the potential is in a similar weight range.
You are basing this on records when the barbell push press was never used as a competition tool.
>norm def. in strongman
Again they're irrelevant for vast majority and if anything it should be it's one variation as log press just as a strongman deadlift. Or do you disagree here?

own* rather than one

>325 bench
>615 dl
>450 squat

the people who truly belive strengh = mass need to be euthanized

the olympic press was in comp for a comparatively short time too, so the strength cap there is also debatable.
>irrelevant for vast majority
>implying PL, Strongman and especially the own little specialed-league rip is trying to plaster together aren't all niche sports
we won't see vertical pressing making it into PL (even after fucking curls lel) due to layback

Good progression, however you're still a 5'9 160lbs weakling

>aren't all niche sports
Yes but the niche weightlifting clean and press definition became the norm probably due to America having some semblance of talent in that era. If you want to say otherwise you just mention your variation. Just as when someone mentions bench press they assume it's normal bench and they don't assume it's the one where your legs are raised like a bitch waiting for a gynecologist.
>we won't see vertical pressing making it into PL
Not disagreeing here, powerlifting is desperately trying to get into the Olympic scene they can't add a lift nor change it.

160kg snatch and doesn't look big at all despite roids
strength is over 70s about CNS adaptation via things like recruitment and rate coding
ss will grow your quads due to frequency rather than the weight moved
if you wanna be a powerlifter sure but anyone looking for aesthetics will get more out of upper/lower or ppl

and before someone posts klokov; he has a) insane genetics and b) a long history of using various assistance exercises for more volume

the classic Bulgarian method will make you strong AF in those lifts because it's all you do for low volume; but the lifters look awful for their numbers
same with SS

He had like a 350 squat and deadlift in that photo with like a 230 bench.

That's not fucking strong at all.

> Squat 345 x 5
>His bench is at 240 x 5, DL is 325 x 5, press is about 145 x 5, PC is about 176 x 3.
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/15386-zach-update.html
Pretty darn good for a 6 month period.

>his skin isn't elastic

>Year

lmao you're an idiot

Damned strong for a new normie lifter.
Shit for an average highschool athlete though.
Being stronger wouldn't have changed him much and he looks as if he was going to be hitting the wall for what he could do reasonably with pure strength training as defined by SS/SL as a natural pretty sooon.

>average highschool athlete
>average

just shut the fuck up, you don't know what you're talking about at all

He is far fatter than he looks it's just evenly distributed

To be shredded he would probably have to lose 60lbs.

At a rate of 1lb per week that would take over a year

I was an average highschool athlete.
You on the other hand seem to be the kind of stupid fucking loser who never played an organized sport and thinks that going to the gym and their shit tier lifts makes them some kind of athlete now.

This is him now
This information is publicly available just use your head

Explain to me how lifting weights could make you look like shit?
eating like shit caused that
if he ate healthier and did cardio he'd be in much better shape

>Different hair colour
>Bigger nose
Ahahahaha leddit is embarassing legit more embarrassing than even r9k.