I'm curious

hi fit, i'm a socially inept 21 year old who wants to get in shape but i want to do it from the comfort of my home. i don't really care to get "ripped" or anything like that, i just want a nice lean body-type like the guy in the picture. what would be the best daily exercise plan for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZnsLVArIt8.
youtube.com/watch?v=zoZWgTrZLd8.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not sure if meme but if you aren't willing to go to the gym you are not going to make it.

it's not a meme and i'm fairly sure it's possible to get a decent build from home

Lets be honest, training will teach you skills that will push you as a man and develop strong personal qualities if you use it properly. But, even going to the gym it may take 1 to 3 years to get a body like that without steroids. Stop looking for the quick final result and learn to enjoy the journey. Read the book: Millionaire Fastlane

home gym. freeweights. cardio. yoga. eat lots. look up a beginner plan and tune it as you go. social confidence and increased testosterone from exercise go hand in hand. dedicate yourself

i don't want a "quick final result", i'm willing to do what it takes but i just want to do it at home with some simple exercises. also, i could care less how long it takes, i just want to feel good about myself and my body
i've tried looking at some beginner plans but i'm new to this and just want some guidance from people who i'm assuming i can trust more than these random articles

it isnt.

then how do you explain people getting fit in the army or in jail with simple pull-ups, push-ups, running, etc

>Step one
SS + GOMAD
>Step two
Cut and Push/Pull
>Step three
Strong lifts 5x5
>Step four
Consistency

no one gets fit in basic. people generally lose muscle in basic and waste away from the shitty sleep schedule, shitty food, and shitty work. the exception are people juicing, which the army doesn't test for because no one cares.

prisons generally have full gyms. most people get fit in jail also from juicing, which the prison doesn't test for because no one cares.

it isn't bait and this isn't a meme, i just wanted some help and was curious

once i put my mind to it i'm going to stick with it and i'm not going to juice, i want it natural

then go to the gym and do a proper routine you absolute fucking moron

aw man, i'm going to have to do more research on all of that, fuck me

>step one
>a beginner routine designed by a strength coach with 30 year experience + a ridiculous crash bulk diet

>step two
>some sort of ambiguous intermediate "routine"

>step three
>ANOTHER beginner routine but this time designed by a DYEL pajeet

are you retarded?

I train at home doing calisthenics only and have been doing it for like 2 years.

The key is to have harder exercises as goals to keep you progressing and making strength gains. I started at regular push ups, pull ups, static core exercises. From there I aimed to reach handstand push ups, one hand push ups, one arm pull ups (cant do this, but im still going for it), front lever, one leg squats.

Don't rush anything, find out harder versions of the basic exercises. Search for information on your own.

Here is what u wanna buy dont listen to everyone else in this thread idk why theyre being such assholes.
>power cage (just go to amazon, search power cage, pick the first option, buy the bench too) - ~$325
>do noooot cheap out on your barbell, i recommend buying one from Rogue - $250 - $300
>depending on what your strength levels are, buy some plates that fit you. I recommend bumper plates until you can deadlift more than 405 lbs. - price depends on the weight
>clips - like $10 or $20 idfk
everything else is optional but thats the bare minimum if u wanna do weightlifting.

chill, let's not start arguments, i just made the thread as a beginner with a beginner mindset, i get that some of you are going to be mad because you're experienced but hey, i have to start somewhere comfortable otherwise i just won't start at all

it is possible user. dont listen to these retards.

this sounds legit, i'll look into it and thank you

i'll save this for when i get more serious about it, i'm kinda just looking for simple exercises to start out with for now, thank you though

yeah, i'm figuring it is possible but i also figured people would put me down about it but eh, it's whatever

>what would be the best daily exercise plan for me?

Go to the gym and do some routine. The routine doesn't really matter for a beginner, what matters is if you put effort and consistency into it

Oh, and op should fuck off back to pleddit or 9ag or wherever the fuck he came from

i'm not trying to go to the gym (right now at least). i want to start out in the comfort of my home with some simple exercises (i.e. pull-ups, push-ups, running, etc.)

nice, after all these years people still use this as an insult? yes, just because my personal mindset doesn't align with yours i came from an equally corny website (just like this one) for corny people

>i also figured people would put me down
that's all that happens here anymore. it has gotten so bad i even considered going to r/fitness. Here is a good hiit routine.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnsLVArIt8. It's pretty tough but worth it. Take breaks at first and slowly build up. Good luck!!

well that's most of Veeky Forums these days imo but thank you so much, this looks like something more my speed

you got any doubts? i'll help out the best i can

yeah, i do, sadly... as badly as i want to get in shape i just can't help but think that i'm going to do it for 1 day and then be done with it. not really because i'm lazy but more or less a mental thing due to confidence

It's not because you want to get fit at gym. It's because of your posting style. You clearly came to Veeky Forums today to get information. You clearly don't post here.

I'm just helping you find a place where you will feel in better company

>as badly as i want to get in shape i just can't help but think that i'm going to do it for 1 day and then be done with it.
That is why people go to the gym, you fucking retard.

deciding a specific time everyday helps out a lot user.

i know it's not because i want to get fit at the gym, i even said i don't want to go to a gym and yes i just want information and no i don't post here, this is the first time i've been on Veeky Forums.

there's plenty of people that go to the gym for a day or two and then quit, it happens all the time matter of fact, how dense are you?

>this is the first time i've been on Veeky Forums.
Read the sticky

i think i would go for either 6 AM or 7 AM but i'm not too sure

exercising in the morning gives you energy throughout the day. try out both morning and evening schedules and see what you like

i did read the sticky and got quite a bit of information but i prefer talking to people personally about my own questions instead of just leaving it up to some article

much appreciated and i will look into it

also use progression technique with pushups and pullups if they are difficult

noted

just buy some cheap dumbbells and search for youtube videos.

Make a plan what areas you wanna workout
example:

mo - chest
tu - back
we - pause
thu - biceps
fr - triceps
you get the idea!

Then search a youtube video like
chest workout at home with dumbbells.

you will find shitloads of videos - use one of a channel that doesn't look like shit and seems legitimate

you will do a lot of exercises wrong - watch for your form thats the most important thing at the start.

Don't give up if you don't see a big change within the first 2/3 months thats normal if you've never worked out before.

Once you see a change ask yourself:
Will i keep working out?
if yes - go buy some equipment - maybe heavier dumbbells and a bench

Before buying the bench check for your exercises and if you can actually perform them on the bench you are about to buy.

really the one and only thing that matters is to watch your fucking form and tense your abs at pretty much every exercise.

Perform your exercises without dumbbells first so you get a feeling for the form.
The reason why im all on that form nazi train is cause youre gonna waste time and eventually hurt yourself if you don't keep your attention at that.

Ive been going to the gym for 2 years and just recently started working out at home.
I enjoy it a lot more - have fun - and watch that damn form

5RM Fighter Pull-up Program

Day 1 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Day 2 5, 4, 3, 2, 2
Day 3 5, 4, 3, 3, 2
Day 4 5, 4, 4, 3, 2
Day 5 5, 5, 4, 3, 2
Day 6 Off
Day 7 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
Day 8 6, 5, 4, 3, 3
Day 9 6, 5, 4, 4, 3
Day 10 6, 5, 5, 4, 3
Day 11 6, 6, 5, 4, 3
Day 12 Off
Day 13 7, 6, 5, 4, 3
Day 14 7, 6, 5, 4, 4
Day 15 7, 6, 5, 5, 4
Day 16 7, 6, 6, 5, 4
Day 17 7, 7, 6, 5, 4
Day 18 Off
Day 19 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
Day 20 8, 7, 6, 5, 5
Day 21 8, 7, 6, 6, 5
Day 22 8, 7, 7, 6, 5
Day 23 8, 8, 7, 6, 5
Day 24 Off
Day 25 9, 8, 7, 6, 5
Day 26 9, 8, 7, 6, 6
Day 27 9, 8, 7, 7, 6
Day 28 9, 8, 8, 7, 6
Day 29 9, 9, 8, 7, 6
Day 30 Off

get cheap dumbbells, find a good routine that looks legit, workout for a while until i improve then get better equipment and DON'T FORGET to keep a good form, got it

so do 15 altogether, or? i apologize if i seem dumb but i find this just a little vague

First you do five. Then you wait as long as you need to be able to do 4 more and same for rest. Imo this is the best way to progress pullups.

ah, thanks for the simple explanation and sorry again if i seem dumb

its alright user. i was a retard too couple of months ago. how many pushups can you do?

15-20 depending on my energy going into it

alright try this. first do 4 pushups then add 4. then 4 to that number till you reach 20 pushup then decrese it by 4 till you reach a total of 100 pushups. like this
try this next time
take small breaks between each but not too much.

got it, will do

shit, replied to myself. anyways, do some squats too. watch this for proper form.youtube.com/watch?v=zoZWgTrZLd8. do some crunches too. do the hiit routine i posted atleast a couple of times a week. dont eat shit and cut off carbonated beverages. good luck user!! I'm rooting for you

thank you for the help, it really means so much and i'll try my best :)