runnersconnect.net/running-injuries/

>How to Buy the Right Running Shoes
archive.is/VGoxG

>running form
youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE

>tense arms and neck
youtube.com/watch?v=s2AWw9oJi_A

>Sprint Training Advice
>A number of current and former professionals and coaches have posted in this thread. Read it thoroughly.
letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4995196

>pain
mensrunninguk.co.uk/top-feature/push-through-the-pain/

How far have you run this week?
What are you working on?
How was your last run?
Any new gear that you've been enjoying?
What injuries are you nursing?

bump this shit, yo.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenenisa_Bekele
runsmartproject.com/calculator/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=MZWXPrfjkWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Calves are fucked from overtraining. Everytime I run more than a half mile they burn and cramp up.
On the bright side ive been doing a lot more calisthenics and done at least 50k on the exercise bike over the last few days.

>How far have you run this week?
16km this week, more to come.
>What are you working on?
Stamina and endurance
>How was your last run?
I bonked half way into a 5km so I kept going and dragged it out to 7km. Because.
>Any new gear that you've been enjoying?
New shoes on the horizon.
>What injuries are you nursing?
I didn't stretch after my last long run. everything is tight.

0 so far, fucked up a tendon in my foot last week, but I'm thinking on going for 30 minutes today.
13 minute mile and a half right now for the .mil
>How was your last run?
20 minutes of up hill intervals
I got some neat gloves to keep my hands warm
Muh foot, muh tendons.

Thread winner are you

I used to be able to run 4000m in 12 minutes.
One time I sprinted (was not used to sprint on flat ground) and injured my groin/hip (pic related).
I have been unable to run or even just walk too fast from 15 months now, despite complete rest... I still have the same amount of pain.
Anyone have experience/advices with that?

Forgot pic
Also I was running 10 to 15km everyday when I got injured.

>7 km so far this week

> working on distance (going to run 6 or 7 miles sometime later this week)

> 4 km

> no new gear

> no injuries, thank fuck.

did he chafe his nipples off???

Running baby here, how's this heart rate for HIIT?

Why is there an image of a man with two gun shots to his chest on a running thread?

I miss running/jogging.

Something is wrong with my gait and I can't figure it out to save my life.

I switched to mid-foot running and over six months went from a mile twice per week to 3 miles twice a week with another mile at a faster pace on Saturdays.

Then I went on a vacation and on a treadmill one morning, my left leg was swinging back under me about a half mile in and my toe dragged the belt and I almost went over. I had a little chuckle but kept on. It happened again in less than a minute. Then a third time a little bit after that. (All on left leg)

I finished the run but worried about it. So a week later, I get home and take the dog for a walk so I decide to run a bit (the dog would enjoy it too). Happened twice in the span of a block.

At this point, I am overcompensating and locking my left foot with my toes pointing up as the left leg swings back under but this causes muscle burn and I can't maintain it for long.

The only thing I notice is that it doesn't happen at a faster pace. The problem is that I can't maintain that pace very long (.5 mile at most).

That pic is the one good use for nipple hair. I've ran half marathons and I've never had a problem with nipple chafe.

Tbh mate 13 minute 1.5 miler isnt great. You wanna be doing 800m repeats, 1.5 milers best effort and 5ks, at least one of each per week. 800m repeats are important because you can pick a pace, i.e 3 minutes per 800m, and have that correlate out to 2.4km in 9 minutes (1.5 miles). Run one length, take a minute or two break, then go again, aiming to beat that time, take a break, repeat again for a total of 8 reps. As you get better at maintaining that pace, reduce the rest time, until eventually you can do 2 back to back at that pace. Keep doing that technique until you can run 3 back to back at that pace and hey presto, youve done 1.5 miles in X time.

I dont run, i didnt even realise bleeding nipples was a thing. Fucking hell

How do you get the courage to run past chads and stacies in an urban environment?

Lycra.

Do any of you lift?

I’m interested in your routine, the tempo and order of running plus lifting.

Yes. I alternate, lift one day, run the next. Or I try to. I've been realisticly hitting the gym 2 times a week. I need to step that back up. Still making good lifts too.

Why not lift and then run straight after or within 30min or so?
Have you tried that?

So when would be the right time to do some cardio providing I lift Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays?

The off days, and rest on Saturday, Sunday, or both.

I have not.... I would need to eat a metric fuckton to pull that off.

If you can't even ease back into running after 15 months, you need to see a doctor, and probably get a scan.

You guys use armbands for your phones? Any favorite brands/models?

I've been seriously thinking about getting one. It would be useful even for when I'm lifting, so the cable doesn't get in the way.

Lads just did a 56min 10 mile at the weekend, can I translate this to a 2hr or sub 2 20 miles in November. Same course last year I ran 2.06.46 but I'm in the form of my life at the moment (16min 5k 35min 10k)

>Sunday: lifting day
pull-ups: 4x5, then 1xF
Shrimp squats: 4x10-15, 1xF for each leg
Bench press dumbbells: 4x5, then 1xF
Single leg deadlift: 2x10, then 1x15 with each leg
Ring dips: 4x5, then 1xF
Front and side planks: 2x30secs, then 1x1min

>Monday: Recovery day
Recovery day, 30-45 mins at 9:30 min/mile pace

>Tuesday, speed drill
Varies
Tempo: 3-5 miles @ 7:40 min/mile pace
Intervals (800 repeats): 6-10 at 7:0] min/mile
Intervals/sprints: 4-5x(30sec hard, 30 sec easy, 60 sec hard, 60 easy)
Harder intervals: 4-8x(3-4 min hard, 1 min easy recovery)

>Wednesday
Rest day

>Thursday
Recovery day with fartleks or striders (alternate between weeks), 45min to 1 hr at 9:30 min/mile.

>Friday
See sunday

>Saturday
Long run, 12-24 miles if on rail trail w/ mile markers; if on actual trails: 2-5 hours.

None because I got excellent form, don't overdo it, and don't have the "got to go fast" mentality. The only time I go fast is on my speed drill day and during races.

You have "got" terrible grammar though.

>started running this summer
>every second day
>always had no stamina
>couldnt run 100m without gasping for hair
>just came back from a 6km run to the next town and back without any breaks in between
im on the verge of death
hold me /run/, i fucking did it

Godspeed

Nice. Are you an operational athlete?

Military/Police/Firefighter/ER etc?

Good, keep going.

You can get those numbers up.

How do I avoid fatigue? I started running about 6 weeks ago and I am running between 15-18 miles a week. I just logged in my 10th mile this morning and holy fuck my whole body feels tired.

What can I do to avoid this?

I get a stinging pain behind and around my knee when I run. It starts off like a nettle-sting sort of pain then goes away as I run more. Behind the knee is a bit stiff and kind of itches when I've been sat for a while or in the mornings. I've tried taking time out, even up to a year at one point to try to get this to go away and every time I start back, even it it's from the beginning again it reoccurs. Any ideas what it is/how to fix it or should I just go to a sports therapist?

Usually run about 30km a week over 5 to 6 days. Had a few weeks where I dropped it right down recently and it's not made any difference. 77kg at 178cm if that makes any difference.

Is anyone a decent runner here? so far its a bunch of fat fucks running 40 minute 5ks and a bunch of injured plebs

fuck you user im trying my best

Just wondering man, i remember running a mile in 11 minutes and thought i was the fucking man

I just started running and my best is a 26 minute 5k

Feel free to fuck off any time.

(you) are the only decent runner here user

>I used to be able to run 4000m in 12 minutes.

Impressive, user.

Why did you never register for the world record?

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

Thats not a world record. World record is 12:37 for 5000m

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenenisa_Bekele

>go to pace calculator link in OP
>see ad for fitness singles
>decide to sign up
>there's no single qtpi runners near me
>the nearest one is 150 miles away
Time to start ultra training then.

Wish I knew that one. Maybe dial down the effort on the running. I hit 40 miles last week, and this week I am dead. Though to be fair I am also working full time.

Sorry fatty, you're probably running 30 miles a week or some shit.

We are all mediocre runners here. If you want to inflate your e-stats, /plg/ and /owg/ would be better threads for you.

>>>/pituitaryglandretardgeneral/

Good plans man

Nope. We are all shitty, slow fat fucks here. It looks like you don't belong. Only a fat fuck who has been running for 6 months would run a tempo pace like pic related. If we were fast like you, we'd be running 12 mile tempos at 4:00 min/mile instead of the 5 miles between 7:45-7:55 min/mile like I do.

I get horrible sidestitches /run/ what do?

>tfw gf cheated on me
>tfw you pump out a new PB for distance because of it
>tfw it still hurts

Thanks Sarah, now heart AND my knees hurt.

Are there running jackets to keep the rain off without obvious logos everywhere?

had a 20 min 5k in highschool, working back to it, im at like 25 rn

This is...

This is actually a really good way to do it. I wrote this post and obviously the answer is to go at a faster pace but it's demoralizing because I went from 3 miles to a half mile because I can't maintain the pace that stops me from stubbing my foot.

Thanks!

Isn't this pretty low, or am I going way too hard. You should go MAXIMUM effort on HIIT right?

I run 10km under 50min so I'm quite mediocre but on HIIT workouts I get max HR's of about 190 it goes down to 160-170ish.

Am I a heartlet? Resting rate is at 55-60 tho. (185cm 83Kg ~16-17%bf)

>tfw in the strava club but never run
lol

Do you guys ever run on local middle/high school tracks? There's one only a couple blocks from me, and the county website says it's open for public use, but I haven't been near a high school since I graduated.

Will I have to get there first thing in the morning on weekends so they won't think I'm a sexpervert?

>this is my fear
It's why I do my speed drills on a flat rail trail.

fucking autists. Maybe avoid it during school hours and events but if you're there running no one is going to care

>be a fat fuck running at night time
>started c25k 5 weeks ago
>last night realise I ran 5minutes with no pain anywhere
>first thing that pops into my head is fucking zyzz we're all gonna make it bro memes
God damn it

Nice job, bud.

Just don't get overexcited and try to double your run or anything. That's the road to snapped shit.

10% a week or thereabouts. Chill it out and enjoy it.

Listen to the body. Learn the difference between:
>"I'm running but this shit feels bad, and that's okay. Because muh cardio."
and
>"I'm running/have run and I think i just broke something. Owie."

If I can already run 2 km on a treadmill at an alright pace, can I then skip several weeks of c25k and just pick up at a few weeks in?

For sure, just have a look at the plan and start wherever you're currently at, you can always drop back a week or 2

>running

Its equivelnt to a 15:14 5K accroding to
runsmartproject.com/calculator/
wich is no doubt bretty good but not competitive on an international level

No. There's a reason why it is structed as such. The aerobic system develops way faster than your muscles do. It's why people easily overdo their distances but end up making a post ITT about "muh shin splits!!!". The structure of it is to help prevent that.

Redpill me on running shoes

>I do not know how to read the OP.

0, relaxing after Sundays Marathon

Sub 3:30 Marathon next month

>How was your last run?
3:54 Marathon in Rain, not so bad, was my first one so

Gorex Windshield and AISIC gel Trainer boots for trail, testing them on saturday

Exhausted Kneecap and achiles tendons

Overall i'm happiest i've ever been, i was a MTBer for 5 years and became a runfag 6 months ago and im lovin it, also the MTBing made my legs out of iron, so i'm never hurting during runs

feels good

2.4 mi
losing weight/getting faster
>How was your last run?
good, fast
nope, normalfag shoes/attire
knees, because too fat. haven't had problems for about a month or so, after I started keeping my feet under me.

So I recently moved from sea level to about 4500 ft and I am terrible at cardio now. Am I always going to run slower/have less endurance or is it possible to train to a similar level to what I was?

>I bonked half way into a 5km so I kept going and dragged it out to 7km. Because.
how the fuck do you bonk after 5k

not really lol. Lifting for an hour burns like 500 calories, and 30 minutes of running burns about the same if not a bit less, and not all of that 1000 calories is gonna be from carbs anyway. I run every day and lift like 2-3 times a week.

kek

im at
5k - 21:23
10k - 48:30
21,2 - 1:43;49
42,2 - 3:54

i run since april so no idea how good/bad it is, also a smoker

>From SEA, on holiday
>first time running at 16 celsius (60 freedom degrees)
Felt creaky as all fuck. Plus I misread the hourly forecast (or the weather changed suddenly, who knows) and I went out expecting 20 celsius. I should look into getting a water-resistant windbreaker.

gradually increasing d+ while keeping the quality runs untouched
>How was your last run?
good, felt a bit slow but terrain was harder than I recalled (trail through wood was collapsing downhill)
nah
nothing

My first serious run was the last Sunday, it was 1/4 of a marathon and a lot of people assisted, I ended in the first 50 and I won a medal and a shirt. It was nice.

You neglect to eat correctly, do work and stay on your feet all day, commute by bike, then against better judgement go running.

Because some people do more than shitpost and masterbate all day.

That is how you bonk after a short run that end a long day.

If you aren't running 30mile a week minimum you aren't running. you're walking your dog or walking around the block

The real question is, what are you running from?

>tfw never ending runner's knee

why is god punishing me?

26%bf and ran 20k in 2:23 two weeks after I started running, before that just lifting and occasional hikes. Joints are fine because I have good shoes and good form, and legs are barely sore the day after. It's just a question of willpower and having good form...

How far have you run this week? (Th-Th) 115
What are you working on? XC for University 10k
How was your last run? 13 miler this morning (3 mile tempo pace) felt nice, race Saturday
Any new gear that you've been enjoying? we got some new shoes (nike pegasus 33 or something)
What injuries are you nursing? my shins always burn for the first 2 miles but after that nothing (thank god)

I live in Berkeley, CA and the smoke from the wildfires has been fucking up air quality all week. Going to spend $15 on a day pass at a gym tonight so I can get in my 6 miles on a treadmill. Better than nothing, I guess.

T. Mid-pack runner

I lift 4 days a week run 3

my squat is significantly lower than it should be because of it hurting recovery but otherwise Im fine, doing 150/120/200

Ran with a friend tonight. Holy fuck is he fast. No wonder why he easily qualified for Boston. And this is an extremely slow run for him.

I used to be a good runner. I remember back when I was 15 and 150lbs I just ran for however long I wanted to.

Now im 19 and 225lbs and cant even jog.

I started having these very spiritual dreams about running again though so thats my goal, to get down to about 190lbs and start again.

im sorry, is this some sort of joke? Im not very well versed with these running apps but I thought a 8 minute pace is quite bad?

running past them is like a free turbo mode provided by nature

Is this a legitimate problem? Why wouldn't he just take his shirt off when they started to chafe that bad

17:24 5k pr here lurking

Maybe he's running on a trail. Don't bash an 8min/mi pace until you see what the course looks like.

Is there an app that tells me or at least vibrates my phone whenever I'm under a certain speed?
I've trained for a Cooper test by setting the kmh on the treadmill but now I need to transition the pace into real life

get good shoes.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=MZWXPrfjkWg

i just broke 24 minutes not too long ago. been at it for about 5 months.. started off at 32 minutes.

anyone have a link to some good fake boosts?