Be me

>Be me
>Deadlifting 1x a week with perfect form
>Snap city

>Be Eric Chadgenhagen
>Zercher deadlift everyday with rounded back
>No injuries

When will people realize that powerlifting, form, and programming are all just memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet?wprov=sfla1)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Zercher deadlift
what in the actual fuck

You obviously didn't have perfect form you numpty

>Deadlifting 1x a week with perfect form
>Snap city
protip: your form was actually shit

Alan Thrall hurt his back in his latest video. Being the dude featured in starting strength showing deadlift proper form, isnt it ironic that he actually gets hurt with bitch weight?

It was probably bad luck, happened to me once with warmup weight. Not a big deal

he hurt his back but he didn't injure himself, he was able to work it out of him. getting hurt and getting injured are 2 different things

the point is that you can injure yourself even with proper form and losing proper form while doing something 45 times a week isn't unheard of. as a matter of fact the better you get at it the less attention you'll pay to form. in most exercises it mean getting an owie, for deadlifting it could mean being unable to perform basic functions for weeks if not months and never really getting rid of the injury. it's a risky movement, that's all there is to it.

I remember eric saying jefferson deadlifts are actually better and easier on your back on joints (he also said you need a lot of practice, and good mobility)

I think conventional deadlift is overrated and too tough on the body

bottom line if you don't deadlift because you're scared you'll injure your frail wittle body you're a pussy

Instead of making a new thread I'll post here. How is my form? Will I be going to snap city anytime soon? Also am I resting too long on the last rep?

sure, that's a better argument. you have to take a few risks to get rewards. just don't go around claiming there isn't any risk.

Back injuries don't make sense and just happen. Last year my diddylift was sat maybe a lil under 200kg for 5, and the day after that session I was sat on the toilet, dropped my phone, and while bending over to try catch it I tweaked my back and fucked it somehow so badly that I was visiting a chiropractor for 6 weeks.

Spend months perfecting form for oly lifts, end up tweaking my back picking up my cell phone. Life is bullshit sometimes.

there are ways to safely lift with a round back, rippetoe has a small chapter of it in SS. strongmen are also adept at this (atlas stone lifts etc).

bugenhagen knows what he's doing

maybe push your chest out a bit more, but it's basically good

do you think if you were doing yoga instead of deadlifts you'd have still got that injury picking up your phone. injuries don't just happen, they're a result of demanding too much of your muscles

Ever think maybe that all that deadlifting was causing something in your back to get all fucked up over time, and when you bent over to pick up the phone that was just the final touch it needed to properly get fucked up? The straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

*blocks your path*

juji's roidgut is becoming the centrepiece of his body lately. dude's leaving humanity behind

you could probably raise your hips a bit more. remember, it's a pull not a squat. It doesnt look like you're retracting your scapula, are you doing that?

there is no risk of getting INJURED when deadlifting with proper form. You may get temporary pains, but you won't get injured

There are ways to safely lift with a rounded UPPER back. Always extend your lower back to prevent spinal flexion. Your spine can be at an arch, but If your spine moves in rotating DURING the lift, that's not good.

HGH gut?

I've been deadlifting ever since I started training whihc was 1,5 years ago and I never thought id stop, but yeah I not gonna deadlift anmore. Is right.

You can get huge without deadlifts. They are not worth the risk. Take the red pill, don't fuck yourself over because of your ego. You are going to regret it.

Theres no way either of these opinions are correct; needs this m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A

his spastic personality + roids probably won't end well

This lol. Weightlifting is actually so fucking bad for you

THERE IS NO RISK IN DEADLIFTING WITH PROPER FORM. NONE. YOURE ALL PUSSIES

possibly. hes obviously on gear just don't know what

Yeah I'm not retracting my scapula at all. I'll trying doing that.

>implying this is true
the number of idle folks with back pain vastly outnumbers the number of strong people with back pain in my experience. your average dad throws his back out once or twice a fucking year.

Back to /v/ with you

This is true. Sitting down all day is much worse for your back than deadlifting with good form.

>there is no risk of getting INJURED when deadlifting with proper form
there's always a risk of demanding too much from your muscles even with proper form. and the second part of my point is when you're doing a movement ~50 times a week you're not going to be paying attention to perfect form every time.

stop falseflagging. weighlifting =/= deadlifting. plenty of way safer movements.

You've been visited by the tren golem of gym fort. Tren coughs and high RBC count will curse you unless you reply GOLEM BE GONE to this post.

GOLEM BE GONE!
jesus christ juji wtf happened

Damn. I thought you fuckers were meming about the roid gut.

......Is it me or the final move (when putting the weights down) it's a bit weird? On the first try seems your knees are shaking.

>Sitting down all day is much worse for your back than deadlifting with good form.
except no one argues that sitting down all day does no harm to your back. if you work in an office environment it's almost all people talk about. on the other hand in gym culture most people can't stop talking about how safe deadlifting is despite the fact that it causes so many injuries

holy shit that's IFBB pro tier bubble gut bonanza

>core gut

I think that's just my pants jiggling around a bit. My legs were feeling a bit shaky though for some reason so you could be right.

GOLEM BE GONE

blocks ur path

flex ur triceps and try and rotate ur elbows behind u more

it's definitely the whey that got him huge I'll bet

GOLEM BE GONE

GOLEM BE GONE

Im probably bigger,leaner,and stronger than you. Goodluck with your perfect form deadlifts of snapped backs.

>not joining the rack pull+RDL master race

It’s like you don’t want to make it without injuries

Lots of people missing the purpose of this post. I'm not denying deadlifting heavy may have contributed to finally pinching it, i doubt it who knows, but certainly sometimes when the back finally goes it can be from some bullshit thing like a 60kg warm up or bending over.

As I said it was a year ago and I'm definitely in my prime and my back is fine. People hurt their back in the real world picking up a box or jumping and landing funny or tripping over their doorstep.

Shit happens guys, srs, sometimes you can do everything right and it happens.

GOLEM BE GONE

Sage grows in every field, a formality since my posts are meaningless.
I refer to myself as 'this one' to stay humble
I use broken english to keep from using too many words.
This one impress by serious-face.
Seriousface super serious. Always be serious!

This one say read sticky, look deadlift video rippetoe, but this one not too smart so maybe take advice internet trolls. This one too serious about everything and read book slow and complete to headbigging.

Muscle make headbigging too. This one say pretend head have hole to keep head small.

Iron make humble because iron destroy back.

Others say 'you destroy back bad form even low weight' and others right.

Iron make humble because iron snap bone.

Deadlift is pull, arm only connect to iron and legs and ass drive metal up. Keep back straight when lift. Looking good, pal.

This one is just idiot on internet though.
Plz no bully.

this
I can do 200 kg diddy for reps but yesterday when I was walking up some stairs while holding freshly cooked broccoli I had this pinching in my back and now it hurts like hell. FUCK.

It's basically genetics Tbh

Sage fields formality
This one was fatasfatass over 250lb. This one so fat hands fat. This one blessed at lanklet height and fell for HAES.

This one go fps thread, this one get serious and do keto. This one stupid and lazy so this one "lose 75lbs in 6 months eating nothing but fast food and not seeing the inside of a gym the entire time, just click this video for more information!" (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet?wprov=sfla1)

This one 6'3" 160lb and still have back problem at end.

This one start deadlifting serious. This one reach two plates and back stop hurt. This one posture fix itself because sore back knows how to hold itself to not hurt.

Sore is not hurt. Hurt is hurt. Snap is hurt.

This one like deadlift but numbers make headbiggening. This one get too headbig and this one will stay at low weight to keep head small and back unsnapped.

This one use to pick up boxes for campus events though. This one felt great being useful.

This one feeling useless lately...

People like this just refuse to listen. I also used to deadlift with damn good form, wouldn't ever lift if my form was off trying to compensate to lift heavier, still went to snap city. You fucks just try to think of any excuse you can make for others to not admit the lift favors certain people with better genetics than others. Or maybe sitting all day can contribute. Or people like Eric Bugenhagen not only has good genetics but also was in a competitive sport early on in life.

There are many factors that would contribute heavily on someone's visit to snap city, but people like this always love to calk it up to someone having bad form and that's that. If form was the main contributor than no matter how good Bugenhagen's genetics are, snap city should have happened a LONG time ago, especially since he does lifts constantly at maximum intensity with unbelievably horrible form.

Face it, form is not a main contributor to injuries as much as your body adapting to load progression, genetics, and daily lifestyle. Diddly's are a ticking time bomb for many people and there's no way to know it's coming until it just randomly happens.

I had absolutely no indication that my back was going to snap while lifting. Was going for 435 for 3 progressing up well within my max of 505 and I get 2 inches off the ground on my first rep and have a series of snaps that happened quickly and the weight drops to the floor. No idea what physically happened, could barely walk for 3 days and didn't go to the gym for 2 weeks. I felt fully healed so I never went to the doctor, but I'm just never touching Diddlys again.

Eric is the real life conan the barbarian, he can do anything

You can get injured even with good form, user. Once you start using daddy weights every lift carries risks no matter how correct it's done.

reverse hypers, glute ham raises and lower back isolation

GOLEM BE GONE

please answer me, who's got the biggest chance to snap his back up, a person that never lifted in his entire life and has a desk job basically sitting all day with bad posture for 12-16 hours OR someone that deadlifts with perfect form with loads that the body can handle without breaking the form, ever.

Sage fields formalities
This one sorry you snap back.
This one worry you become bitter.
This one play with genetics. This one know genetics small factor. This one suggest you consider the following:

The central dogma of biology is that DNA make RNA make Protein.

Protein make structure andor make chemical andor make signal.

Suggest something genetic mean some protein they have you dont.

You believe you less blessed. Maybe.
Maybe it gear. This one stupid and not know.

But this one say everyone can use help with form and unless you video taped every rep its hard to say if your form was actually correct.

Not trying to get on your case.

If anything Im telling sciencemen study lift find protein make strongback gene treatment.

But that only works if it's ackshually genetic.

Just opinion of internet idiot
Plz no bully.

The person who does yoga 3 times a week would probably have the best back desu

That wasn't even my argument wtf

Why is he doing it like that? What's his problem?

>flexion is good for your back
Ahahhhhaha I love normies

Is that you? If so, you look awesome. Slightly homo

With just bodyweight? Yeah probably won't do much to you.

What causes this?

fucking BDDcel roidcels, would literally have looked 10x better if he had never gymceled

short torsoed cuckold lmao

Goron pls go

GOLEM BE GONE

GOLEM BE GONE

Eric has incredibly high exercise selection which allows him to stay injury free. If all you do is conventional deadlift, you're gonna fuck your back up. You need to train your weaknesses instead of just periodizing the same fucking lifts and only further facilitating weaknesses and muscular imbalances. IMO, no one should do minimalist training programs ever. Doing nothing but back squats, conventional deadlifts, bench presses, and some rows will fuck you up in the long run. Do shit with HIGH exercise selection and you will stay injury free.

Don't listen to these faggots like Jason Blaha or Alan Thrall. You'll fuck yourself up if you just do the same 4 or 5 lifts.

>never touching diddlys again
Good job on not fixing the problem at the source. The problem isn't the deadlift itself, it stems from the fact that you're likely doing the same shit every week. If the only type of deadlift you do is a conventional deadlift with a few minor variations here or there, you WILL fuck yourself up. That can be said for any type of lift. You need to pull conventional, sumo, jefferson, behind the back, from the rack at various heights, blocks, etc. That is the only way to ensure that your chances of injury are as low as possible. It really only requires about two brain cells to comprehend this information. If the only thing you're doing is training your conventional/sumo pull, you are developing muscular imbalances whether you realize it or not. Sooner or later, your weakness in the lift (whether it's weak hamstrings, glutes, hips, core, lower back, etc.) will come back to bite you in the ass. The only way to overcome this is to have such a high exercise selection that having imbalances is virtually impossible.

>broscience or worse physio science the post.

>texas method bro :D
>just do the same lifts over and over nothing bad will happen hehe
>i wonder why all these powerlifting youtube channels (alan thrall, omar isuf, candito, etc) are posting videos about major injuries? huh must have been the bad form :--DD

>deadlifts are bad because of random bullshit and NOT because i'm a weak little bitch

>guys injured competing or peaking to comp
>it's the variety
Lmaoing at your life

If you work an exercise, you are training every muscle involved in that exercise - weak points will correct themselves.

Is your triceps weak during bench? Do more bench, it'll catch up. Hamstrings weak in the deadlift? Do more deadlift, it will catch up.

your hip mobility kinda sucks and your lock out at the top is sub par, but the overall set still gets an A.

>""""""snap"""""" your back
>healed after two weeks
Lol.

not that guy but I think he has a point

for example, when I bench a lot I get elbow pain from the wear and tear even without testing my one rep max all the time. But when I only do three heavy sets of bench, then do weighted dips [heavy], incline bench [heavy], dumbbell bench [heavy]. I do more exercises and maybe more total sets but my elbows are feeling no discomfort

I think there is something to be said about variety helping to avoid injuries, especially when ligaments/joints are involved

Has it occurred to any of you anti-deadlift protesters that maybe, just maybe, those injuries were caused by lifting to heavy? Or without a good enough warm up?

Just.... shut up

They were not peaking when they got injured. Even then, does that somehow make the injury acceptable? People can max out every fucking week and not get injured if their programming is good, just look at Eric or Alex. Fucking hell, how bad does your training have to be if you're experiencing major injuries every time you try to make progress on your comp lifts? Lmfao

>you know how i know you're new to powerlifting?

I mean I guess that's just something you're gonna have to experience on your own to understand that that is fundamentally wrong. There are actual things as people having certain muscle dominances. For some guys, their chest takes over in a bench, whereas other guy's triceps will take over. Just benching more doesn't correct that and it only facilitates the weaknesses.

>People think Eric is retarded
>Eric is a legit S&C coach with a degree in physiology
>Still thinking Eric who never gets injured retarded
>But believes in jonnie candito, alan thrall, omarisuf etc who dont have related degree, not a legit s&c coach, and hurt their backs.
Smh powerlifters

This, legit coaches generally don't injure their athletes. The real problem is the specifically very American phenomenon of self-coaching and training entirely without supervision.

GOLEM BE GONE

GOLEM BE GONE

see

Im sorry its kinesiology not physiology

get ye gone golem

GOLEM BE GONE

IT IS A MINDSET

never ever hurt myself lifting, and when I started doing deadlifts I was definitely rounding up until 3.5 pl8, then I took a break and sorted out my form.
I honestly think the risk hurting yourself is overblown

That's not how it works, it depends on form completely, not whether they have stronger muscles at x or y. If you do a lift properly, load will be distributed proportionally for you as it would for anyone else at your size and same form. Bench is based off a real, somewhat functional purpose to using those muscles. Doing chest flies are completely unnatural, no real life movement does this in any practical sense. Same with skull crushers. If you are training bench, you are training your chest and triceps at proportion to how they are naturally supposed to be used(or the closest thing to it).

And that doesn't change the fact that if you keep doing bench, your muscles will adapt to that lift. If triceps are the weak point they will get stronger. What user was saying isn't wrong, if you want to get better at a lift, keep doing that lift, weaknesses will balance themselves out.