Is there any pros/cons with working out early in the morning?

Hey Veeky Forums.
I got a new job and I usually don't clock out until 5 pm and by then my gym is packed with people.
So I was wondering if I could lift in the morning instead? Around 7 am?

My biggest concern is not having enough energy in the morning because I only have a breakfast with a proteinshake before I take my lunch at around 11 am. My other concern is not lifting long enough, only an hour at most (see my routine).

My current daily routine is:
5:30 wake up and eat breakfast
6:20 take the commute to the gym
7:00 arrive at gym and change clothes fast af
7:10 begin workout after quick warmup
8:26 take commute from gym to work (yes i shower before this)
9:00 clock in
11:00 eat
5:00 clock out
6:00 get home and eat
8:00 eat last meal
10:00 sleep

Any tips or improvements?
I could wake up earlier and work out a bit more but I really want to make sure that I have enough energy to do my best at the gym.

you're a fucking pussy. You don't need to have food in the stomach to workout.

i disagree.
a workout on an empty stomach gives me less energy compared if i were to eat something before.

and my question isn't about food, it's about if i can workout in the morning.

eat something, don't eat big (few bananas) if you feel full when you woke.
after eat some pre-workout meal.
that's that.

>a workout on an empty stomach gives me less energy compared if i were to eat something before.

Total placebo

As someone who use to train in the mornings on little to zero food, I can tell you now training in the afternoons, after having several meals, is like night & day difference.

That's more or less what I have been doing. I lose at least half an hour though because the dumbfuck town that I live in where my gym is won't let me park anywhere reasonable for less than $2 an hour rounding up for the hour and going 6 times a week minimum that shit would get old real fast. Not to mention those fucking jews are doubling the price to $4 an hour, of course still rounding up, which they hope will incentivize people to park elsewhere farther away like I do, which is 15 minutes away from the gym. Those mother fuckers don't get or don't care that the people who use the garages and lots are doing it because they either have to or they're just doing it every now and then. Regardless, these fuckers are raking in a few more shekels out of people just because they can get away with it, but that doesn't effect me because I bought a pass for a pretty good deal considering how often I park. The downside is that I lose half an hour in my morning due to this, but on the weekends they let me park in a closer lot.

I wake up a little after 4:00 though purely because I've always been slow to get my shit together in the mornings, and between all of that, commute to the gym and all, I get in around 6:00 and leave a little after 7:00, and I get to work at 8:00, although they aren't strict about when I arrive just as long as I put 8 hours in. I'm able to do all of that just fine, but the downside is I'll probably be asleep 3 hours from now. Preworkout helps I guess.

The upside is because of less parking restrictions I can go ham on the weekends and feel great.

I wake up at 3 AM and lift at 4:30AM. It is peaceful as fuck, and never crowded. Then I cook breakfast, shit, shower, funpost, and go work my 9-5.

Also I go to sleep at 8:30PM

Eat a small amount of simple carbs before lifting.

that's admirable, how long did it take to get used to the 6h30m sleep cycle?

you keep it strict during weekends as well?

It was about how long I slept before sticking to a schedule, although going from staying up until 1 or 2 to going to sleep at 8:30 and waking up at 3 took a couple of weeks.

And I don't sleep in on the weekends or I throw myself way off.

I recall reading an article or some bit of research that mentioned it can have positive affects on your metabolism. Don't know if there's any truth to that. If you ever consider joining the armed forces they tend to do their routines of a morning so will be a bit more easier on you. You also get more privacy as one already mentioned.

Only con that I can think of would be depending on where you live, your chance of being victim to a crime increase. Your body may not be at its peak activity level either depending on your schedule. You may could establish a habit to be fully awake beforehand via a warm up/cardio.

Eat a handful or two of mixed nuts. Healthy fats, good protein, and it's surprisingly filling, too

Mirin’ that dedication. You got a gf or anything?

i work a 10-6:30 job with a 90min commute. Yes I want to die so let’s get that out of the way. I started working out from 7-8:15am and it was the best decision. I usually eat a piece of fruit and some kind of granola/protein bar before. Yeah i’m a little more tired than after work but at least i’m not waiting around for equipment or machines. Just try it for a few weeks and hopefully you’ll have the same realization

>early in the morning have little energy to do anything
>sometimes get really hungry and lift even less cause you have to skip breakfast or wait until you digest which defeats the purpose of lifting early in the morning
>fewer people in gym so less subconscious motivation to lift more intensely, probably a marginal effect anyway but its there
>feel tired the entire rest of the day if you did a decent workout and makes work/school absolutely dreadful
>nothing to look forward to after work/school (yes I get excited to go to the gym fuck you)

I can not think of a single positive reason to lift weights with any amount of rigorous effort in the morning. Cardio is a different story I would do this since the goal is conditioning and calorie burn, but weight training is just bad for all those reasons listed.

Agreed man. I regularly go for a quick 20 minute run in the morning but no way in hell could I get up at 5am to lift. Mirin’ you guys that can though.

This. I usually have some fruit too

Pic related, normal circadian rythym.
It's pretty accurate, we use this stuff in the military for risk management when dealing with shift work.

tfw i only end up taking my blood pressure exactly at 5:30 PM and wonder why it always seems high in an otherwise healthy normal weight dude.

any more sources on 5:30 PM == highest blood pressure?

Interesting. I actually love running in the evening time. I’m always fastest at like 7-8pm.