Routine General

I need some help and the old routine thread died while I was typing

I have adjustable dumbbells and I need help with my routine. I do want to actually go to the gym later on but I want to build up some strength first as I have pathetic noodle arms while also being a fatty

I'm currently doing:
>20 min HIIT biking
>3x8 bodyweight squats
>3x8 overhead press
>3x8 alternate curls
>3x8 floor presses
>3x10 situps

Is this ok or should I change anything? I do this three times a week, cardio six times (only resting on Sundays)

Another question is: should I do something on my off days? Some stretches/mobility exercises or something that this routine doesn't hit?

>30 sit ups total
Give it up op how fat are you?

You should try to incorporate bridges or glute ham raises.
People always forget their back

105kg distributed like shit on 185cm of third world goodness

Should I do those on alternate days? I was also looking for adding farmer's walk to make my grip better

Start doing some rows and up your bodyweight lifting when you can

I don't have a bench, would this kind of row work? Any way of not fucking up the form on those without a mirror? I think I'll need to record myself

I'll go for crush grip squats when I get a bit more confident, I always had weak legs and bad knees so I'm taking it slow

Just do one arm at a time and support yourself on a chair. Look up Kroc rows

>Look up Kroc rows
I did and now I'm scared. Sounds doable, though.

How do I split this in two days, though? Squat, OHP, curls, presses, situps, bridges, glute ham raises, farmer walk and rows seems a lot for one day

You're doing it 3 times a week though. You're not in danger of training too much or anything like that

Oh, I was thinking about doing something like ABABABx or ABxABx, but a longer training day thrice a week doesn't seem too bad

>A
Squats: 3x5
Front Squats: 5x10 (at 50% of 5RM)
Hanging Leg Raises: 5x10

>B
Bench Press: 3x5
Incline Bench: 5x10 (at 50% of 5RM)
Pullups: 5x10

>C
Deadlift: 3x5
RDL: 5x10 (at 50% of 5RM)
Hanging Leg Raises: 5x10

>D
OHP: 3x5
OHP: 5x10 (at 50% of 5RM)
Chinups: 5x10

ABxCDxx

Just got a job, work 2 days off 4 days on
currently doing canditos LP Hypertrophy, what should i do now to fit my work schedule? i want to go to the gym on my days off since i dont have much time. doing so would make me have 1 days rest instead of 2, would i end up over training? currently cutting if that matters

A (Push):
-------------
Bench
OHP
Cable Pulldowns
Squats
Calves

B (Pull):
-------------
Deadlifts
Chinups
BB Curls
Reverse Flys
Cardio (LIT/HIIT)

AxBx; additional x when needed
?x6-15

Why don't people post their bodies when they post their routine?

Because it's a routine inspection thread, not a current body thread.

Seeing the body of the people who post their routines can actually help us and elucidate us.
It's also nice to show off what we're doing and the hardwork that's went into building our bodies.

>Seeing the body of the people who post their routines can actually help us and elucidate us.
Not necessarily, because there is a high chance that they acheived those body on another routine. I would imagine that a large number of people who post in these threads are trying to build a new routine and want feedback on what they've created.

>It's also nice to show off what we're doing and the hardwork that's went into building our bodies.
That's why we have CBT threads

Lifted this routine off another user here:

A
Squats 5x5
OHP 5x5
Bench 5x5
Incline Bench 3x8
Calf Raises 3x20

B
Deadlift 3x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Lateral Raises 3x10
Weighted Crunches 3x12
Barbell curls 3x10

Thoughts? Just tryna look lean af; I'm currently a skinnyfat dude

I forgot to mention that I'm doing ABxABxx

Would I be better off making the second AB days for hypertrophy? Maybe do like -5 lbs off my main compound lifts and do 3x10?

Your front delts are getting raped

>Not necessarily, because there is a high chance that they acheived those body on another routine. I would imagine that a large number of people who post in these threads are trying to build a new routine and want feedback on what they've created.
So what you're saying is that these threads are pointless bullshit because the workouts they're doing are just random trash they posted and there is a 100% chance that they body they built has nothing to do with the workout they are posting.

>So what you're saying is that these threads are pointless bullshit
Are you retarded? These people could be building new routines and are looking for others to critique them. The threads are explicitly about routines and routine inspection.
>the workouts they're doing are just random trash they posted
No, they're trying to create a solid routine for themselves and are looking for others to inspect how good it is. Hardly "random trash".
>there is a 100% chance that they body they built has nothing to do with the workout they are posting.
No, I said there is a 'high chance' that they didn't get the body with the routine they are asking about. If they had a good routine and got a good body from it, they wouldn't be posting in this thread, would they fucko? No - that's for CBT. The vast majority of people in these threads have already got some gains and are looking for a new routine to go forward with, and are looking for others to inspect it.

This, the ratio of pulls to presses is kinda weird, in my personal opinion. I would add some face pulls with lowish weight and lots of volume (5x10, for example), and some lat pulldowns. I might even suggest doing the pulldowns instead of the side raises, since you're getting so much front/side delt work already.

Another thing I'd do, but not really necessary is doing drag curls instead of standard barbell form. I find they help my back and keep me from going too heavy and grinding out reps.

>Are you retarded? These people could be building new routines and are looking for others to critique them. The threads are explicitly about routines and routine inspection.
People rarely critique anything outside of saying "do more squats".
Seeing their body will help.

>No, they're trying to create a solid routine for themselves and are looking for others to inspect how good it is. Hardly "random trash".
It's usually random trash.

>No, I said there is a 'high chance' that they didn't get the body with the routine they are asking about.
And we would know that how?

>If they had a good routine and got a good body from it, they wouldn't be posting in this thread, would they fucko? No - that's for CBT.
Are you fucking retarded? Do you think people simply STOP working out once they've achieved some gains because they're body is permanently static or something?

>The vast majority of people in these threads have already got some gains and are looking for a new routine to go forward with, and are looking for others to inspect it.
See your previous post "fucko".
Their routine and their body will help and inspire themselves others and liven up these threads.

Rate pls

4day Texas method strength training

Alternate between Weeks 1 & 2
Each week structured as AxBxCxD

WEEK 1

Monday: Heavy Chest
5x5 Bench Press, 90% 5RM
5x5 Incline Bench, 90% 5RM

Wednesday: Light shoulders, arms, heavy legs
3x5 Standing Military Press, 80% 5RM
3x10 Lateral Raise Machine
3x10 Lying Tricep Extensions
5x5 Low-Bar Squat, 90% 5RM

Friday: PR bench, light back
1x5 Bench Press, 5RM + 5lbs
1x5 Incline Bench, 5RM + 5lbs
1x5 Deadlift, 80% 5RM
3x10 Weighted Pullup
3x10 Supinated Barbell Row
3x10 Facepulls

Sunday: PR legs
1x5 Low-Bar Squat, 5RM + 5lbs
3x10 Front Squat
3x10 Stiff Leg Deadlift

WEEK 2

Monday: heavy shoulders, arms
5x5 Standing Military Press, 90% 5RM
3x10 Lateral Raise Machine
3x10 Lying Tricep Extension

Wednesday: light chest, heavy back
3x5 Bench Press, 80% 5RM
3x5 Incline Bench, 80% 5RM
1x5 Deadlift, 90% 5RM

Friday: PR shoulders, light legs
1x5 Standing Military Press, 5RM + 5lbs
3x5 Low-Bar Squat, 80% 5RM
3x10 Front Squat
3x10 Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Sunday: PR back
1x5 Deadlift, 5RM + 5-10lbs
3x10 Weighted Pullup
3x10 Supinated Barbell Row
3x10 Facepulls

I can optimize this for you a little bit, but it isn't terrible at all.

>A
Squats 3x5
Front Squat 3x10 (no more 50%, add 5lbs each pass, drop 20lbs upon failure)
RDL 3x10 (read front squat comment above for all high volume lifts)

>B
Bench Press 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5 (turn this into a lower volume movement, adding weight each pass)
Weighted Pullups 3x10 (add 5lbs or so each pass)

>C
Deadlift 1x5 (make sure you let the weight come to a dead stop between reps, and reset your form)
Underhand Pendlay Row 3x10 (barbell row from the floor gripped underhanded to involve the bicep. Let the weight come to a dead stop between reps.)
3x10 Facepulls

>D
OHP 3x5
Lateral Raise 3x10 (machine is acceptable this one time only)
DHW Situps 3x5 (Decline Held Weighted Situps. These replace the useless leg raises. Do Situps on a steep decline, pausing on the way down for 5 seconds when your back is parallel to the floor. Hold 5lbs more weight on your chest each pass.)

laugh at my full body routine:

>A
BB Bench 3x5
Pull ups 3x5-7
DB OHP 3x8-10
Rows 3x5
Leg Press 3x8-10
smith machine calf raises 4x15

face pulls 3x10-12
lat raises 3x10-12
curls 3x10-12
tri rope pushdown 3x10-12

>B
BB OHP 3x5
Rows 3x10
DB Bench 3x10
Pull ups 3x5-7
Leg Press 3x8-10
smith machine calf raises 4x15

face pulls 3x10-12
lat raises 3x10-12
curls 3x10-12
tri rope pushdown 3x10-12

AxBxAxBx......

abs, shrugs, farmers walks randomly mixed in

Takes about 1 hour 45 minutes (lots of supersetting)

1RM:
Bench 210
OHP 1pl8
Rows ? (140lbs x 8 - 10 reps)
pull ups ? (7 x body weight of 195 lbs)

how yall feel about ivysaur 4-4-8

This actually makes a lot of sense and looks really good, thanks user.

I hope this is a joke.
If not - way too much volume. Break it up a bit, user. Unless you're not natty, you don't want to spend over an hour in the gym a session. Find a good full body routine or get a split going.

I'm gonna switch from a full body routine to an Arnold split. It's ABCx, so it doesn't fit neatly into a week but that's fine. A = Chest/Back, B = Legs, C = Arms/Shoulders.

I've always had developed pecs and lower body genetically, plus back when I was in highschool I pretty much just did push-ups, bench press, and leg press, which didn't help. I get leg mires from dudes asking if I was a football player. My arms and neck aren't good but my shoulders and back are a fucking joke.

Will this help me make it?

>A
Overhead Press (heavy)
Chin-Ups
Incline Bench
Deadlift
Dumbbell Pullover
T-Bar Row

>B
Squat
Romanian Deadlift
Hip Thrust
Farmer's Walk
Calf Raise
Abs

>C
Overhead Press (volume)
Close Grip Bench Press
Lateral Raises
Face Pulls
Curls
Neck

What is this womans name?

On a whim I decided to do this every day:

>BP
>Squat
>Standing barbell OHP
>Pull-ups

I was a D1 athlete, sports all through high school, and doing the above lifts 4x8 60%-70% of max has left me sore as hell. My muscles are growing huge too. Test through the roof. Noticed a major increase in flexibility. Besides the typical arm work, what should I be throwing in for accessories? I started adding bent over DB rows and standing cable flies. Two days a week I’ll sub in front squat fwiw. Some days I’ll power clean instead of pull ups.

I've had best results combining strength and hypertrophy (ive marked them as heavy and light), as a result my routine is somewhat contrived. would love feedback

A; chest/tricep/bicep
>bb bench heavy 5x5
>db bench light 3x20
>weighted dips heavy 5x10
>db lying tricep extensions 3x20
>ez bar preacher curls heavy 5x10
>bb curls light 3x20

B; legs
>squats heavy 5x5
>leg press light 3x20
>seated leg curls mid weight 5x10
>lying leg curls mid weight 5x10

C; back
>deadlift heavy 3x3
>pullups 5x10
>db rows heavy 5x10
>bb overhead press heavy 5x10
>db overhead press light 3x20

So the basic jist of it is to get my compound movements in and combine strength with hypertrophy afterwards. usually gives me a great pump

I'm wanting to change to a four day split, where's a good place to look for new routines? I could create my own, but I'd rather something tried and tested.

Anybody on Veeky Forums ever try GVT? Looks like a grueling routine but I want to hit muscle groups more than once a week. This may look retarded but I just came up with it on the fly without much thinking:

ABxCDxx
(A) Chest/Upper Back
Bench Press 10x10
Barbell Row 10x10
Cable crossover 3x10
Cable Rows 3x10

(B) Legs/Abs
RDL 10x10
Leg Press 10x10
Cable Crunch 3x10
Calf Raisers 3x10

(C) Shoulders/Lats
OHP 10x10
Lat Pulldown/Pullup 10x10
Reverse Flies 3x10
Lat Pushdown 3x10

(D) Arms/Legs
Dips 10x10
DB Curls 10x10
Hamstring Curls 3x10
Quad Extension 3x10

Can't squat or conventional dead due to an injury, but I think RDL and leg press same day should be alright.

Transitioning from a DB/calisthenics routine.

I really like the (weighted) BW part of my current routine, so can I swap out the following exercises with these alternatives?

Bench -> Dips
OHP -> Elevated (weighted) handstand push-ups
BB/pendlay row -> weighted chin-ups

?

Do a better exercise for abs or do more situps, 3x10 is laughable

I found that I wouldn't really make progress through bodyweight pullups, so try doing less volume but do them weighted, it'll do so much more fof your back