Cheap cooking

Wassup
I see threads all the time about poorfags like me asking what to eat. I'm about to cook some stuff to eat for a 3 days or so, anyone interested? I can take some pics and comment. I'm a cooklet though

I have seen this stove before...

it wasn't pretty

Ok so we got:
Red lentils (cheap as oats)
Onions (cheap)
Sweet potatoes (cheap)
Some bit of assorted vegetables bullshit bag (cheap)
Some random frozen fish (picked the.cheapest one)

First step is the frozen fish, cut a hole in the bag, fill it up and let it sit in the sink. You may have to flush and refill with hot water if it's still frozen

Step number 2, cut the sweet potatoes (I usually buy carrots as well, they're so cheap) and steam them. Basically make sure there is a "steaming thingie" in the pot, put a little water in it and set it to high, then med once it starts to steam

Thats not how you thaw fish user....

Next step is to get a 2nd pot add water and bring it to boiling. This is for the lentils. How much water? Well you'll get used to it and know eventually

I tried canned lentils once and spat that shit outta my mouth.

In the meantime, you just chop some onions

While we wait, we're gonna see if we caught a rodent today (not to eat it though)

Nothing. Oh well

lmao autism

T'habites ou user ?

J'ai le même liquide vaisselle, sent trop bon

I sense monthly meme material

>lethal traps
They're fucking mammals you goddamn monster. Get a cage trap.

Next we cut the individual packaging.
I don't know why I bought this fish I hate to cut them free. Waste of time and plastic. Was a 1.1kg package anyway, that's.nothing

Alright so the sweet potatoes are done, I'm just gonna them chill in there. As for the lentils, I like when it ends up kinda like a pea soup, so I know I put more water than usual

>setting them down on the sink surface
Oh God

Ottawa
It's still unopened, but thx, can't wait to try it now

Why are you cooking at 2 in the morning though ?

Next we cook the fish. Pretty easy, just take a large pan, heat it a bit, and throw everything in it. Let it cook medium/low with a cover

lol wtf

Next we cook the fish. Pretty easy, just take a large pan, heat it a bit, and throw everything in it. Let it cook medium.

For some reason I can't upload new pics for 8min now

useful thread user, good idea.

kek

Here we go

Wow that looks really delicious [spoiler]if I lived on a Soviet commune[/spoiler]

go back to Veeky Forums, dinonugger

Alright we're done. Next step is to basically mix everything

Hahahaha. Thanks for the kek

And voilà! Added some soy sauce and olive oil. So what do we got here?
>plenty of proteins
>plenty of fibres
>plenty of vitamins
>plenty of complex carbs

Sure, you won't cook that crap for a chick, but for a broke lifter like me, it gets the job.
Goodnight reddit!