Abs General

Lets talk abs Veeky Forums

"Abs are made in the kitchen" is bullshit. Abs like any muscle need to be trained properly for them to pop. Dont listen to anybody saying squats and deads are enough for abs

Personally I do ab wheel roll outs, side planks and hanging leg raises to hit every area of my abs. What are your favorite ab exercises?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NbwfwYTQpPc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>post image of someone who is obvious on roids

Dude just do ab wheel roll outs lmao

People on roids still need to hit abs to get nice abs, I dont see your point

I want abs so bad
literally eating nothing but 400g chicken, half stick of broccoli and 2L of skimmed milk a day
like 1300 calories
>t. 5'10, 170 lbs

superkek i like the part where you prove it, sick thread m8 0/10 keep it up you da man

Dont forget to train your abs alot too then. If theyre bigger they pop out at higher bf%

I like the part where you just shitpost and contribute nothing worthwhile. Are you like this in real life too? Bet you are

Those are all good. Add some that allow full extension, like doing slow crunches on a medicine ball. You really lean back and open your stomach and then crunch back in.. feels awesome and gets a burn in like 10 reps with no added weight

i only do two abs exercises and it started popping a lot, i do declined weighted crunches and leg raises 4 sets of 10

Fuck off with your roidkike bullshit.

Recommend some ab workouts.

Tell me a reason to train abs besides aesthetics, because I don't do it, I think is just worthless to train them

Helps you recruit more of your core muscle fibers in compound lifts. Providing increased stability.

good abs = good core, helps you in bracing, helps you in basically every big compound lift

Hmm, ok that's interesting I'll keep that on mind, thanks.

A strong stomach ensures that every single thing you do will be better and pain free.
While others are bent over and crippled, you'll be standing tall and moving well.
But you know...you can listen to horribly injured people and people with less then a week of lifting under their belt who'll tell you to ignore a very very very important muscle group...you know...because it will interfere with your oh so important fucking lifts/it's what curlbros and cardiobunnies do.

this, i went 2 years without training abs, but when i started training them regularly my big lifts went up. strong abs are vital for most lifts

Ab wheel rollouts
Crunches with your legs upright

This is what I do

If you are natty and want abs, prepare to look smallish

I'm 7-8 kilos below my height, low carb all year around, but IMO its worth it

The best diet you can do to stay lean / shredded is low carb / high protein and fat

Just train them once or twice a week. Also HIIT / spritning helps alot.

Mirin that chest and core

Thanks bro

agreed i also look the best while on low carb
>tfw you listened to ytbers preaching high carb
>tfw you look soft 24/7
>tfw you're lost as to what to do bc blaha said low carb isn't optimal

I guess genetics help, but what do you do for chest? General bench, etc, or something different?

I'm doing reg park's beginner routine for like 2 months now

noticed some nice gains but abs and core still like shit

How much abs should I do? I can only hold plank for 30 seconds

Hanging leg lifts, leg lifts, and pike situps.

I have switched from barbels to dumbells.

I train chest once a week (im on a 4 day brosplit)

my chest routine is something like

>dumbell press
>incline dumbell press
>chest flies on crossover
>hammer strength chest machine
>weighted dips (inb4 memes)

And yeah, genetics play a huge role, as well as the years you are training.

Im a fatass so those are too hard for me, I only manage to do my first push up like this week

>Im a fatass
Lose weight
Drink more water

>autistic shitposting
back to lad

That's too low of a caloric deficit for your weight. Cutting too much can slow down fat loss after a while. It actually happened to me when strength gains and fat loss stopped after 12 weeks of cutting at 1800 cals a day. Eventually I bumped up to 100 cals below maintenance and the belly fat flew off.

Great, thanks man

I think its better to look smallish and shredded than big and pudgy anyways desu

Abs are mainly used for stabilization so it's probably best to train them this way. Planks are god tier. Levers are even better. Do a full plank series and front/back lever train plus pull-ups and dips and your abs will be strong as shit.

how many carbs are considered low carbs user

>4 day brosplit
I want to see it

Sprinting is big. Back in high school when I was running track I had much better separation and definition. Adonis belt popped more too. You don't notice how much your core is worked when the rest of you is so tired but it's really a big deal in transferring power while sprinting.

>ctrl-f
>pop
800 results

dis dude knows

>abs machine
>dumbbells obliques

I know high carbs is a meme

I just eat carbs with my breakfast, and once or twice a week I have rice or sweet potato on my post workout meal. Otherwise my diet is only chicken / fish / eggs / whey / veggies, and one fruit a day.

Thats low carbs

Agreed 100%

I think it's better to be big and shredded. As time goes on I'm starting to consider /fraud/ more and more...

Im scared to train my obliques too much, if they get too big they ruin aesthetics

>big
>shredded
>natty

You can pick only two

That's why I'm saying I might hop on the test bandwagon

WHATEVER IT TAKES

if you are not a pro bodybulder its not worth it IMO.

You are risking your health and spend alot of money on juice, for what? So you can look at the mirror?

Not to mention the sides that might make you look worse (gyno, baldness, acne)

But I feel you. Sometimes I feel like hopping on cycle too

Any good exercises for someone with scoliosis? Anything involving laying flat on the ground is off the table. So far hanging leg raises and cable crunches seem like good candidates.

What about planks and ab wheel rollouts, can you do those

Its always the question whether you want to look better in clothes, or better without clothes

Have the same problem m8, I just eat one meal a day practically but cannot see the fat drop :(

mon - chest / arms
tue - legs
wed - off
thur - back / arms
fri - shoulders / abs

Sometimes after lifting I do hiit (not after leg day obviously)

The reason i do arms twice a week is because my arms were always lagging. Now that I work them twice a week they are growing faster

I believe that if you aim for aesthetics a bro split is much better than those meme powerlifting full body routines.

fix your scoliosis then, straighten that spine!

If you train your abs they will become bigger and thus require more energy to sustain that mass and thus you can eat more food without getting fat.

I just gonna leave this here...

youtube.com/watch?v=NbwfwYTQpPc

Also, I do crunches from time to time. In fact nowadays I do 100 leg raises + 100 back extensions. I do them between lifting sets.

Whats the consensus on weighted planks. I've started doing them lately because I'm lazy and don't want to hold a bodyweight plank for a long time.

AthleanX meme workouts are actually pretty good

Should I cut or bulk? Abs would be nice to fill in my loose skin

why would you burn out your arms on the first of three straight days..

I do pike ups, planks, and side crunches stretching as much as possible and with slow negatives. Does the trick.

This. Look at natty role models like marc fitt, christian guzman, connor murphy, brandon carter, etc. THey all got big and shredded naturally and you can too.

Shut up you petulant child

LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO

Does my ab routine sound good?

- Russian twists with a medicine ball
- Laying Leg raises (eventually want to do hanging leg raises)
- Crunches

What else should I do? I want to do dragon flags but I work out at home and have no bench.

No one "needs" to hit abs. Unless you are going into a body building show lifting in general will give you abs. Low BF% is what makes them show. If you lift and you dont have them you don't lift.

>not working your abs on almost every exercise
what the fuck are you even doing, certainly not lifting

Most of those faggots are making money off their body. Plus sooner or later they will lose their gains. Look at Connor Murphy. He is off cycle, he looks older, his hair is thinning fast and he has lost so much size.

how do I into sprinting?

I do hanging leg raises and weighted crunches 3x a week you think that's enough?

ab.

wheel.

scoliosis is caused by weak muscles

now work on your skin gains

How do i turn 4 pack into 6 pack?

Are planks alone enough for decent core development outside of the main big lifts? I want abs but hate doing ab work.

Lower bf %

fucking disgusting

depends what carbs you eat, i look soft when i have high fat high card low protein but i look fine with 60g of fat 160g of protein and 300g of carb because theyre all healthy carbs.

I have scoliosis and I do everything including ab exercises laying on the ground, man up and don't be a fag

what the fuck is a healthy carb bro? what do you eat to make up 300g of carbs

you are pulling your stomach down like a fgt. do some real work bitch

You rancid swine

Well you can look bigger than that even as natty, you don't because your diet is wack. Low carb diet will make your muscles "deflate" in a sense because glycogen depletion from your muscles.

If you instead ate high protein/high carb/low fat diet then you would look noticeably more jacked at the same exact bodyfat %, because the higher carb amounts would make your muscles look fuller due to glycogen.

Thats his own fault for getting off cycle AND cheating on his diet. Even if you stop using roids you won't lose your gains if you just keep up with the proper diet and workout routine. Murphy is slacking off, 100%.

>You are risking your health
There's not much risk. Very minimal.
Life is about taking risks anyway, and 99% of people take way bigger risks than using steroids. Like drinking alcohol. Way more harmful to you, yet far more people do it and no one bats an eye.
>spend alot of money on juice
It's cheap as fuck. HGH is expensive as hell but thats not a steroid and you don't need it anyway, even many pro bodybuilders don't need it.
>So you can look at the mirror?
Being jacked as fuck improves your life in hundreds of ways, you know that.
>gyno
AI
>baldness
Will only happen if you were going to start balding soon anyway, genetic.
>acne
Avoidable just like the gyno. Just avoid dairy products while on gear, and anyway if you get acne, do accutane, it works 100% guaranteed.

I'm not telling anyone to hop on gear. But the dangers are highly exaggerated.

You're right, I'll welcome you on the chad's bandwagon.
Fuck you numale faggoty fag you might look like milhouse's father with this kind of thinking
Test make your thoughts more clear, it's like you got that vveil of your brain.
All the details I used to notice without it went away, I started not giving a fuck about small shit, people noticed it at work, female coworkers started flirting with me asking if I changed something and that I smelled good even if I don't put perfume...
I started not taking jokes as an attack but as playfull invitation to play.

Secondly, test is a double edge sword, you might feel really well but test increase your chances to end earlier a life worth living so it might worth the risk anyway.

Don't forget the natty king Richard Piana, may he rest in whey

>I'm 7-8 kilos below my height

Bulk. Speaking from experience, that shit won't go away by cutting. I hit single digit bf% and had veins visibly showing without pump or flexing, and still my lower stomach area looked like shit because of loose skin from being a fat fuck. Now I'm on my first bulk since losing weight, hoping to eventually grow my core enough to make myself look decent after a cut.

I don't work my abs. I don't want a blocky waist. Just do planks and that's good enough.

Fuck man, 2017 has gotten too real. I cant handle any more tragedies

kill yourself.