/FAT/

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Use the god damn fatwojack! Seriously, I'm sick of you fuckers who make these threads, not doing it the right way! We have a mascot for a fucking reason.

kys

I lost 26 pounds like this

I couldn't finish STEM while starving

>02/02/2018 70.65kg
I'm finally going to make it.

Why are you all so fat?

eating

I've been going over at least 300 sodium everyday for the past week. What's a good way to lose all that water weight I've stored?

water fasting

fat fucks

Overweight parents who fed me unhealthy food, depression since 14 years old, comfort food.
I've got the apettite of a pre-winter bear and the self-control of a nigger.
I've solved the problem by not having any excess, or easily edible food in my apartment. Basically just frozen veggies and meat/fish.

not eating sodium

Everything has sodium stupid

I'm 6'3'' and 200 pounds
Im trying to lose weight, but mostly off my belly
Im also trying to get bigger arms if possible

New to a lot of fitness. From reading around Im trying to go low carb and eat around 2000 calories a day. Does this seem reasonable?

Id like to just be more tonned in general, but im unsure of the optimal way to do this.

eat ice drink water

You're not fat so you shouldn't be looking in here and instead in the sticky.

Pretty much My childhood was ass and food was my friend.
I was around 300 lbs when I was in middle school.

STOP MAKING NEW /FAT/ THREADS IF YOU'RE NEW AND DON'T KNOW THAT EVERY /FAT/ THREAD STARTS WITH A FAT WOJACK FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHH

>Im trying to lose weight, but mostly off my belly
You can't spot reduce. If you get lean you lose your belly fat.

this

Salt isn't as unhealthy as you think it is.

>boogie has a easy and a wife

why is he losing weight, hes living the life

give me those finger lickin' good confessions ya'll

>To support a fast, you need to drink water
>To lose water weight, you need to not drink water

>tfw no confessions because im a good boy

You should start lifting obviously. 2000 calories seems about right, not too aggressive. Just don't go too low carb. It's not necessary to lose fat.

had a chocolate croissant and a glass of almond milk, feel really guilty senpai ;_;

My dad would feed me a shit ton of food as a kid to piss my mom off. i just one day didnt lose the weight

water weight doesnt matter. it's fucking water

You aren't living if you can barely move.

no you don't, water weight refers to both carbohydrate water retention and sodium retention.

Every gram of carbohydrate your body stores in the liver (upto a 12 hour supply) requires 4 grams of water to store.

Your body also retains water via salts/electrolytes, the most prominent being sodium which can account for 2-5 pounds of water weight depending on your sodium intake.

as someone thats limber, hes probably living life better then me

Have a "gut" but lean everywhere else, is there a good way to make sure this skin doesn't stay lose? Creams/oils? Or do I just kill myself?

who the fuck cares

>cutting at 1300 calories a day
>get hungry between meals
>eat some fresh fruit for a snack
>after eating a bunch of fruit I feel way more hungry than I was before and all I can think about is eating some junk food

Whereas if I just don't eat any snack I might feel pretty hungry for a half hour or so but if I just get busy with something else I forget I'm even hungry pretty soon.

Anybody else have this? I know eating a bunch of small meals throughout the day is better for your metabolism but I find it way easier to just eat two medium meals in the day.

Loose skin isn't a problem for people who were just a bit overweight and lost weight. Don't even bother with anything.

kys

this kind of diet I do not understand. If you force yourself to eat 1300 kcal a day, feel hungry as fuck and hardly survive a day of that diet, then what are your expectations? you will give up and binge eat junk food sooner or later if the diet doesnt fit you and your eating habits.

t. started with 2200 kcal diet + exercise and slowly went down to ~1700 and making progress and never felt hunger never binge ate junk food

Everyone in my family is fat. We don't know how to eat right. It wasn't until I was out on my own in college I learned that it wasn't normal to melt gummy worms and dip sugar cookies in them.
I'm on the right track though. I just wish all of my family could be as well. My sister yo-yo's a lot doing fad diets and my mom thinks that butter and cheese covered vegatbles are great and fruit needs sugar all the time.

Who said I can hardly survive a day of that diet? I restricted myself to 1500/day, 6 days a week for a year and lost about 65 lbs. I stopped keeping too close of track of calories for a few months, but kept eating fairly healthy and didn't really gain any weight back. Now I'd like to lose about 20 more lbs and then I think I'd feel pretty comfortable about that weight.

I think I'm able to maintain my weight pretty easily at this point, but when it comes to actually losing weight I'd rather just do it quickly and be hungry most days.

Is there any literal reason why my waist is still 48" even though my neck measured 17 3/4" and is now 16"?

I was 260 pounds empty at the beginning of August and 253 pounds with water and food pig out, butut the waist line my guys... why?

As an aside. how important is sleep really? how can i lower cortisol as cortisol increases on low sleep. How can i fit all the repair into 3 hours of sleep?

How to stay full? I eat a shit ton of fats and proteins with 6+ grams of fiber and still feel hungry.

> it wasn't normal to melt gummy worms and dip sugar cookies in them
That sounds disgusting

I eat 1500 a day and it’s a million times easier to have it all in one meal than to spread it out.
Eating makes me hungry for more unless I have a huge meal.
Not eating all day is physically no problem at all after a day or two, the only huge problem for me is boredom.

My diet is 1500 calories and it's not hard at all, but I barely eat food before anyway i'm fat now because I would drink more than 2l of soda.

Get your 8 hours, there are so many problems that arise from sleep deprivation, i wish i didnt spend my teenage years doing a bunch of all-nighters.

It affects everything, growth/aging/health/virtually any metabolic or organ disorder.

With all the recent talks in this thread about water weight...

Is there a way that I can find out my "true weight"?

I have a problem because I love eating while watching anime/series, it's like a ritual to me I wish there was something tasty with little calories to eat while I watch stuff.

>Down 34 lbs as of this morning
Thanks keto.

What do you bros think about getting a personal trainer?
I really think i need the extra help in my workouts and i'm not sure if they actually work or not

>Everyone in my family is fat. We don't know how to eat right.

Oh man I know that feel

The last time I visited my parents for the week I tracked the calories they ate as best I could, they ate at least 76,000 during a 7 day period. I would have grown up with similar diets.

At times as a kid it was like we were trying to eat as many calories as possible. For example one week when I was off school sick they forced me to eat mashed potato and cereal for breakfast, sandwiches dipped in mash potato for lunch, and for dinner a giant bowl of mash potato with my moms special sauce (which was 80% Mayo, 5% sugar, 1% red food coloring and the rest whipped cream from a can). They thought that 'illness is because there is no food being burnt and it is cold enough for viruses' and assumed that mash potato would burn hot enough to cure me.

We had McDonalds maybe 4 times a week as well and maybe 1 of those would be considered one of our 3 meals of the day, somtimes we'd have 3 meals plus McDonalds plus KFC.

Had to finish every bite as well. Also we used butter as a seasoning (ie if I had tomato soup I would scoop in 4 or 5 spoons of butter, plus butter on the bread)

I am amazed I am alive.

what kind of help you need? exercise isnt rock science. move your body, lift some weight.

>.gif
>dosent move

FUCK YOU!!!!

Yeah I like having something too when I’m on the couch watching something.
Now I just have a cup of tea and if I really want to pamper myself, a couple squares of dark chocolate. It’s not the same, but what can you do.

Okay? but i'm terrible at telling if i'm doing an exercise correctly anyway. there are right and wrong ways to do a squat for instance that newfags have trouble with no matter what and some help makes that process go much faster

I'll be honest with you my guy. I shitpost on Veeky Forums and /k/ and play insurgency/RS2/ETW/ARMA2 to keep the stress down. Along with the 40 hours i dedicate to work and the 40 hours i dedicate to school and 5 hours to lifting i need to figure out how to work this shit.

Literally I will be doing 80 - 100 hours of work/week in the future.

I'll be honest i didn't know it was bad to eat 5 foot long chili dogs for lunch nor to eat 3 high stacked plates at buffets. I'm right there with you but i got nutrient rich foods.

Don't feel bad I only made it to 5'8 1/2 in high school and with all the walking and lifting i do at work i am now 5' 6"

you can flush out too much sodium also your urine is meant to be that color to flush out other things beyond just water, if it's clear then your body is telling you too much water and letting that go before you can flush out other impurities

-carrots (hummus optional)
-flavoured ice lollies (little calories but has e-numbers)
-fruits
e.g. frozen grapes, orange slices, banana chips. grilled pineapple
-celery
-biltong
- some beef jerky brands
- turkey/chicken sandwich meat rollups
- wasabi peas
- rice cakes
- roasted chickpeas (can add a tiny bit of oil with salt and pepper)

fite me

well you can check out youtube videos about squat, start squating by practicing the form without any weights. you can do this on all exercises. go in front of a mirror to see what you are doing.

It isn't rocket science. dont do too complex exercises there loads of easy exercises to do. I personally do most of my exercises with dumbells. I even squat with dumbells because it's safer than having the weight on my shoulders

5 year old me loved them

I'm shocked I'm not sick. My family built rituals about food. Friday pizza, watching Thursday WWF and Chinese food, rewards for a job well done is met with food. It's the hardest part of reprogramming my relationship with food.

We are tall so I got that going for me. 5' 11" but it just shifts the weight so much.

>40% of the Americans in this thread are not just fat but obese levels of fat.

Not part of this statistic anymore, thank fuck.

>we are tall

>tfw fat Scandinavian
This is really the worst. It shouldn’t happen.

Do people look at you like some sort of hideous monster?

how light are your squats? nigga im not holding 100+ dumbbells in each hand

>Lose weight
>Be more confident
>Try to make eye contact and smile with passing girls at college
>None of them even look my way for a second

if you squat more than 100 pounds then you should not be in /fat/. this general is not meant for advanced gym rats.

I haven’t noticed it actually. I also have a good frame, so I’m pretty sure I look about 10kg lighter than I am.
Either that or I’m completely deluded and dysmorphic.

welcome to real life. Females dont give a single peace of a fuck if you are not extremely hot, have status or wealth (cars, expensive clothes)

100 pounds is ezpz for most men with little training
you should be able to do half of that already with no problem

if you actually were fat you wouldnt lift 100 pounds "with little exercise"

Again, this general is for fat people

just learn to be funny/autistic

Cuz you still ugly

It does work, maybe you're just bad at it?

It's mostly wealth, saw some eye opening thing a while ago about dating sites and the ugliest motherfuckers went from 2/10 to 10/10 once the cunts saw he had an income of 200k+. They may fuck you(usually cheating) if you're legit really handsome, but they won't want anything to do with you for anything more unless you have a lot of money. You'll always get passed up for the guy with a bigger income in the end.

I saw something about water fasting last thread, can someone explain to me how to do it?

Is it just drinking only water for a few days or what?

to attract a female to dating you need to be easy going, funny, handsome and tall.
To attract a female to be with you for a longer time you need to offer resources. Looks dont matter but she is likely to cheat
Or you can go for fatties

that's how real life works and it's depressing unless you give up your hopes and expectations

Get into social circles
>be me yesterday
>hang out with sister outside of building
>hot friend who just graduated
>catch her look my way
>while sister is talking stare right at her and meet eyes for 1 second.
> this actually leads to small talk.

Im still obese but I can finally see definition in my jaw and cheeks.

I know this feel. I checked BMI for some random that wanted to know his healthy weight in a thread the other day. I checked mine because why not and was surprised to find out I'm actually overweight and no longer obese. Was a happy moment but I'm still setting my sights on the goal. Still have more work to do before I get there but I'm going to get there.

Yeah, pretty much. I've essentially given up on them and I'm just going to focus on myself. You can live a really comfortable life if you're single even with a very modest income. The crushing loneliness goes away eventually and you save yourself a lot of heartbreak and stress.

>forgot to say

Its okay to profile. If the chick is hot and on her phone a lot they use IG. Lean the Insta culture and jokes and use it to make her laugh till ahe is wet. Same appliea for any other weirdo you want to bang.

Sure it isnt authentic but it shows you care enough to make her smile. That is what is important.

Don't worry user, we'll make it.
Keep that nose to the grindstone my dude.

Thanks man.

Wanted to play college ball, bulked up to 285 by my senior year.
Rode the bench for 3 years at an FCS school, quit and got very soft eating tons of pizza and beer.
Back down to 260 from about 315, shotting for 215ish. I don't have the mental problems that some fat people have, I'm just mad I permanently scarred my body with stretchmarks.

Anyone use this losertown thing who can confirm if its accurate or not? I do cardio at the gym 6x a week and lift 4x a week, but I put it to light exercise 1-3 times a week on the website and it says I'll be at my goal weight by 03/22/2019 at 199.44LBS using 2200 cal a day. How accurate is this?

I wish I could say genetics or family life trauma or anything.

Really I was just a lazy delusional piece of shit.

I do not know if you are not serious or just not thinking at all. 10 exercise times a week is way too much unless you do cardio for 10 minutes at a time... And you did not give us your current weight. Just count your calories, exercise and scale yourself every month to see if you made any progress. 18 months is a long time dont plan it that far

>losertown
I just had a cursory glance at it. It does make some sense in that it scales the deficit down as you lose weight. The loss won't ever be linear so having it on a curve is much more realistic. I do like that. I put it in as sedentary even though I lift 3 days a week so there's less complexity and room for bad calculations.

I used to be chubby, around 77-90kg for 8 years. All my clothes were same size. 2 years ago I got depressed and after I received diagnosis and pills, I gained 30kg in 6 months.

inb4 >lazy fuck dont blame the pills
yea it was (((coincidence™))) I gained weight exactly when I took the medication, not before that nor after that

I do fasted cardio every morning for 30 min its not very hard, I just max out the incline on the treadmill at 15 and go at 3 speed. Currently 317lbs down from 400 in January I've been lifting in PHUL for months now after I finished my starting program in march. Got a ton of noob gainz and I want to keep lifting so I have lots of muscle to fill up some of this loose skin I know I will have. I'm not in a rush though which is why I was asking how accurate that was because my plan is to take it slow and steady so I don't get to much loose skin down the line.

It was Canadian thanksgiving last weekend so I only lost half a pound this week. I think my muscle mass is going up though.

Good on you for putting in the work. It's pretty likely that if you keep that up a year and a half from now you can reach your goal.

Okay that's good. Nice progress, keep going. I just always assume someone is overtraining if they say they go to gym 10 times a week, my bad

I bought an elliptical machine back in April, been using it every day since, still eat what the fuck I want. Started at 230 down to 211 now.

5'8", ~40 pounds overweight here, haven't been lifting long at all and I already squat 70kg (154lb) so that's bullshit

> Chick fil a

Fuck my sodium up, senpai. Avoiding eating for now.

STOP USING NON-WOJAKS AND REFUSING TO BACK LINK YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING RETARD

Should I be doing cardio during an extended water fast or should I only focus on lifting weights and shit?