Tight as a 2x4, solutions?

Been off from the gym because of low self esteem and life stuff. I have to get fit in 1 year because I have to pass a physical exam for firefighters and gotta be among the best.

As I started training, I noticed I became very stiff with horrible mobility. I am the kind of guy that like to start from a blank state, learn the absolute basics and master them. What are the possible solutions in order to become more flexible/mobile, especially for the main lifts (squat/front squat, deadlift, bench press, OHP, Clean). Here's what I thought:

>join a yoga club, 3×week (but what kind, hot yoga?)

>join a olympic weight lifting club but fucking pricy like 250 CAD$/month worth it?

>buy gymnastic bodies or GMB fitness and follow the program

Advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/guusjevangeel/?hl=en
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you wanna carry long hoses and spray everywhere for long periods of time then do olympic lifting and just stretch loads and foam roll, watch vids on youtube and get massaged and see sport therapists

>no cardio anywhere

mate just start off doing some yoga at home, buy a fucking mat for 10$ and follow some videos. There are fucking thousands of resources available for free so keep the shekels in the purse rather than committing to something dumb. Or again watch some of the thousands of videos on mobility on youtube.

I tried oly weightlifting but it's super damn expensive. Is it really all worth it? But they guy also coached me well, he was able to spot my weaknesses and problems but still, will I make any kind of gains in 1 year at the ripe old age of 24?

What kind of stretch routines?

I did that all my life, I do HIT during rest days + speed rope

What are some good sources/channels? Isn't hot yoga better because you sweat a lot so more flexible? It was also a way for me to meet people because I am autismo maximus

im going to sleep now but yes you will make gains, im 24 and the most ripped I've been yet, and strongest by far. Your test wont plummit if you eat good and exercise, you've got tons of years left bro

You have a fucking computer that can access anything in the fucking world. It's pretty easy to learn how to stretch. You are never going to make it.

I know! It's just that I am easily influenced by other, one minute I read this article then my coach says do the opposite then another video says this... I am just overwhelmed with information. I just want to become strong and endurant without ever injuring myself. I am looking for stretching routines/mobility/warm up exercices for the main lifts I have written in the OP. Foam rolling, static streching, lacross balls, resistance bands...just so many options

>pass a physical exam for firefighters and gotta be among the best.
kek, the CPAT is not difficult.

2x4s are flexible

if i do the phrakture stretches (the do once a week one rep per year of age routune) in the sticky twice a week will this be sufficient for better mobility?

No you don't understand, it's part of the hiring process. I'm in a pretty big city and gotta be in the top 10 among thousands

For you

Bump

>No you don't understand
I've taken it...

I get the hiring process sucks. Best way to improve is to just do it over and over.

If I were 18-20 again yes I would agree but now I'm 24 and I haven't done much in life. I'm a utter dissappointment for my parents and here it take 3 years of formation to actually be able to apply for a full time fire department. The pay from my part time department is horrible (can't even pay rent) and my other job is just as sad. I've got one shot to make a man out of myself, I need to start training properly

learn welding, you'll make $$

I've invested too much time, money, networking from firefighting plus I love their schedule. Welding could be cool but I'm looking for a sideline with more flexible schedules like joining the reserve?

How do I fuck brap pucci like this?

Lift x f
Personnality x f
Money x f
Network x f

Final bump

sauce, nigger

Guusje
instagram.com/guusjevangeel/?hl=en

>hi boss, it's user, I can't come in to work today. I've got low self esteem

>Advice
First, you need to get strong. Do only SS for 18 weeks (12-24 would be the range). Don’t do “cardio” for this time.

I’m in a similar situation and pic related is the best resource I’ve ever found on the topic.

Then, add endurance/conditioning/aerobic + anaerobic training.

>do ss and end up adding in loads of accessories because its a shit program that doesnt actually get you stronger and gives you imbalances
>Jammy Toes said in 'the book' to make sure you do other exercises as well
>they are not in the base program to begin with

Why would op do this slow twitch muscle shit program then somehow add on aerobic exercise after? that guys gonna be in high adrenaline situations and needs to be moving fucking quick and carry heavy shit at the same time

Just star stretching daily, its a gradual process but you'll notice results quickly, foam roll and do ballistic/ dynamic stretching before a workout and foam rolling and static stretching after

>these are the people giving advice on Veeky Forums.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. I don’t think I should bother explaining why everything you said is wrong to someone that contradicts themselves in 2 sentences:

>Why would op do this slow twitch muscle shit program
>needs to carry heavy shit at the same time

STATS - FACE - BODY - GENETICS

this is the fbi, hand over the information now otherwise you are a fucking dick head

>Get in out of building as fast as can with maximum intensity
>spend 5 seconds each rep on squat because that will give him explosive power to run fast and put out a fucking fire

>You have no cue what youre talking about

oh but yes I do, you see, my MINDSET gives me power and lift BIG weight fast every day and you have to follow 'routines' made by fat middle aged men to even have any idea on lifting weights
Id advise that (YOU), yes you, to stick to 18 week ss meso cycles and make no gains while
>contradicting themselves in 2 sentences

>What are Power Cleans

Anyway, you need to be 18 to post here.

Good stretches for adductors/abductors?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV

squats