BIG PECS

Are there any good alternatives to bench press for getting large pecs?

Weighted diamond push ups

Anything that you can progressively overload that puts resistance on your pecs

literally any chest exercise is better for building pecs than flat bench

>dumbbell press
>chest flies
>wide weighted dips
>cable crossovers

Man it may be me but pecs might be the most unaesthetic muscle. Especially on this guy considering everything is small compared to it. Literally I would rather have a bigger back shoulders arms legs before a big chest

weighted dips

You'll look awful silly with a big back and no pecs
t. large back chestlet

it looks pretty good when ur wearing tshirts though. it may not be the most aesthetic but it is one of the most masculinizing

Sure buddy. I can guarantee I’m bigger than you and my chest destroys yours. Post a pic and I’ll post mine

Disagree by a mile. That would be shoulders

will these genuinely work in making a bigger chest?

>mfw born with very broad shoulders

Push ups are the best pec exercise, so many different variations.

I was implying my own chest is pathetic you dummy
Notice the second line is missing the meme arrow

I've developed a pretty decent swoop but am unable to really fill out my inner and upper chest and therefore don't fit well in shirts. Any suggestions?

pushing away everyone that loves you until failure

c-can we still send each other shirtless pics?

shit looks retarded

dumbbell bench press, both flat and incline
dips

nice, that explains why my chest has been developing so well the past year

Dumbbell pullovers

Big chest is mostly genetics. Thats why so many guys try so hard to beef it up and fail. Your body doesnt need that much muscle on your chest so give it some roids if you want it to grow. Its the only way though I don't agree with taking roids.

>WIDE weighted dips
you mean wild shoulder ride?

If you have moobs when you're chubby, does that mean you have the potential to have great pecs when you're fit?

Cute

Thats like saying big any muscle is mostly genetics.

buimp

What is the point of big pecs if you can't make big cums

I'm guessing your fat mantits are genetic too

Would his chest be considered all muscle or is the juiciness also because of higher body fat???

Asking the real questions here

What if there's no one who loves you?

There is not a single exercise that can activate my chest. I do everything with my arms instead. Wat do?

Literally any other chest movement

Are low cable flyes the GOAT?

CABLE CROSSOVERS
high volume
hold at maximum contraction

easy

Completely replace aany regular low rep benching with pause bench, and try doing actual high rep bench (15+ reps per set).

No, it means you have man tits you fat fuck

Yes, spoto bench with no leg drive
No. That's triceps. For chest, the best push-ups you can do is ring pushups (they sort of look like inverted bodyweight chest flyes)

I could watch this for weeks.

yo where his nips

What do you mean by alternatives? Barbell bench press is literally the worst exercise for increasing pec size.

That guy clearly has a lot of FAT on his pecs, very unaesthetic. I don't think his pecs look impressive at all because you can't see much definition in them, and no striations at all.

>Pec striations

You know 99% of the population think that looks disgusting right?

lookin at the floor

I want fatty pecs

>tfw that's what I'm going to look like
>tfw 5'6
unfair I only got half

I'd take you in a heartbeat if you're handsome.

thanks, I already have pic related mode bf tho.

Looks like me with wider hips.

No they don't. I'm not talking about 5% bodyfat dumbass. They're visible already at 8-9% which looks great.

Lol you're delusional if you think people find striations attractive. Slight separation between your sternal and clavicular head is the most definition you can have and people still think it looks good.

If someone has worked out their body in a proportional manner, and one muscle group has outpaced the others, relatively, then ya, you could say that person had a genetic predisposition to big pecs, or calves, etc. Kinda like how some guys get abs popping at higher BFs.

Is that attainable natty?

What is this called?

gyno

Big pecs are pretty nice

idk

>>dumbbell press
I always hated these, at anything lower than ~5 rep weight they get so slow and shaky that I'm always scared they'll fall in some random direction and crush me. With barbell it just moves back down.
Chest is the single most important "look like you lift" muscle. I'm pretty much a lanklet but look huge when wearing a shirt that accentuates the chest.
It's more about the workout you get than the exercise you do. If you're burning out your pecs, they'll get bigger. I never do DB bench or dips and my chest is easily my best muscle. Huge amounts of flies are what I think is the secret, since everyone does bench but most have medicore chests

Cable flies
Stance up and grind them out. If you use your biceps instead of pecs arms the cables won't pull.
Act like there's a board nailed to your upper and lower arms, preventing them from moving

This unironically looks like a woman lol

Are you transitioning?

As a former fat fuck trying to develop his pecs, this man is correct.

this

I do 5x5 BB bench then like 8 sets of flies twice a week. Everyone knows I lift with a glance

Thank you!

>Chest is the single most important "look like you lift" muscle. I'm pretty much a lanklet but look huge when wearing a shirt that accentuates the chest.
not without lats

I'm lucky I have big cums to my penis

I'm sure he'll bear you many children.

Only you got it. It ain't even that old. Is this the absolute state of Veeky Forums ?

It completely depends on the individual. I did DB bench press, and I never felt my chest being sore, so I had no idea what it felt like. Then one day I did a BB bench press and my chest was sore as shit. Try different things.

I feel like upper body push compounds are pretty shit for bodybuilding purposes, unlike pulling exercises or squats. Seems like everyone sees the most gains from doing stuff like LTE or tricep extensions and chest gains from cable flyes for volume

Post more great chests

Weighted dips

At least according to EMG tests

bump

it's genetics user, there's not much you can do, I have the same type of chest.

I can guarantee that everyone saying bench press is useless for a big chest can't rep 2 plates.

>Immediate angry autistic response because he lacks reading comprehension

lmao ur a faggot

Upper chest got built by heavy barbell incline no memey shit I promise.

Pullup bar is all u need

you don't need to be able to rep 2 plates to have a big chest you fricking pinhead

Winner winner chicken dinner

holy fucking cringe. so you coul build a good chest with flies?

That's why you don't DB press anything less than 8 reps you mong

yes?

Assuming alternatives to bench press means no benching motions like DB Press, incline, decline.

>Weighted Pushups
>Weighted Dips (insert fedora man)
>Cable Crossovers (set high for decline, in line with nipples for flat, low for incline)
>Cable Flies

I feel like cable flies and incline DB press are the main factors in my large pecs, flat bench and dips made me stronger but I'm NEVER limited in them by chest.

Chest is overrated, i prefer a meaty back, i actually just do OHP and weighted handstand pushups, i used to do a lot of weighted dips and i looked like fucking shit, changed to overhead pressing and my body started to look really good

Back is better because it actually frames your body, while your chest only looks good in pics

You need to be lean though, if you are over 12% bf it's better to have a bigger chest than a big back

fuck
goal body

You have to have the right nipple placement and size for it to look right.
Pic related, not an amazing look.

daily reminder that upper pecs is what it's all about, and incline won't do anything for you
>A recent study however shows that muscle activity of the upper pectoralis during an incline press increased by only 5% as compared to the flat bench press. Muscle activity in the front deltoids increased by 85%.
incline btfo
now what about BASED REVERSE GRIP BENCH PRESS? well
>One study shows that muscle activity of the upper pectoralis increased by 30% when using the reverse grip as opposed to the regular overhand grip
SAVE YOUR PECS, do pic related

>literally any chest exercise is better for building pecs than flat bench

where did these meme come from? Flat press is fine for pecs

Are you serious?
Look at his fucking gut. Looks like shit, anyone who thinks this is a goal body has legit dysmorphia. Also looks manlet shrimp edition.

> Cites study
> Doesn't provide citation

He's thick

>anyone who thinks this is a goal body has legit dysmorphia
I think people with actual dysmorphia would want to look big with abs

look it up you spoonfed crybaby, these are just fact, and they are all over the internet. it's almost like a group of people defined by their common religion is trying to keep us unaesthetic by hindering our upper pec gains.

abs aren't sexy

>weighted vest pushups
If i bought an 80 lbs vest off amazon and built my way up to 40 reps at 210 bodyweight (5'10'') what should my 5 rep max bench press be at?

Sage

that's too much butt

Your milkers look fine user.

Do women like big pecs on men?