Wanna skip leg day deliberately

Hey guys,

I have a gap year, so now I have lots of free time, and I want to use it to start working out. I am a really huge fan of jeans, I own like 2000$ worth of them (that's a huge amount of money in this shithole where I live). Long story short: I don't want to train my legs. Call me a faggot, I deserve it, but once you've finished, please help me getting a starter workout, that trains everything, except my legs. I read that squatting for example is also good for the back, but since I don't want to squat, I need something to replace it. I'm kind of going for a swimmers body, I think. Current stats: 6'3"" (190cm) and 176lbs (80kg). Thanks in advance!

Try swimming

swimming doesn't really build muscles, it's good for toning your body I guess

Skipping squats and deads will keep you low test.
Fuck your jeans, casual.
That's part of the iron price.
You can always sell them.

how come swimmers don't have muscular legs then?
>pic related

cliff-jumpoffs 1xF

Why do you refuse to train your legs you faggot? Do they hurt too much for being tall or some shit?

Because they won't fit, retard?

One pair of my jeans is worth more money than your car.

well deserved

actually they do hurt, I have really bad knees, I played tennis for 9 years
but the main reason is, I wanna keep my jeanscollection, also I don't find muscular legs attractive

Wants to skip Legs to save precious jean collection... WTF is wrong with you?

You own 2000 dollars of jeans if you own 20 pair thats 100 a pair. If youre paying more than that youre probably wearing affliction jeans or some other queer designer brand. Quit being a fucking faggot and squat if your legs get too big just stop squatting

Because they don't lift?
WTF kind of question is that?

I don't train legs that much either, I just do 1 exercise once or twice a week which is nordic curls.
I'm happy with where my quads are proportionally with the rest of my body so theres no need to train them that much.

/lowtest/
Buy a fucking shake-weight for all the good it'll do you, cunt.

I think you may be over estimating how much your legs are gonna blow up, you can get pretty big without being unable to fit in jeans lol

you sound like a woman

What the fuck is a gap year?

this.
also op: skinny jeans are 2000-tier. They're going faster out of style than alpha industry bombers. The new trend will be comfy 90s again- see seinfeld jeans.

even levis costs more than that

swimming don't make you muscular by itself

even if I wear skinny jeans?

gap year is when you stop studying at the uni or at highschool for a year, and you go abroad to study a language or some shit like that

>swimming doesn't build muscle
Do you see that guy on the left?

If you stick to HIIT swimming 200m and less and eat you can can get pretty big. But you have to start young and stick to it for like 7 years

op, i have a similar problem, i had a car accident, and i had to go under several surgeries. now im not suppose to use my legs for anything else than walking for 2 years. im not a faggot like you, but we share the same problem, so i would also appreciate some help.

Yep even in skinny jeans, unless you’re squating 4pl or something you’re fine. If they start to get bigger than you want just cut back but there’s no reason to neglect them entirely

Deadlifts over squats; you get the best back workout, abs, and your legs won't be totally neglected (but you are not going to pump up your quads/glutes the way squats would)

I'm beginner who has been doing the following workout 3/week for 3 months with minor variations; 3 sets of 8, adding weight about every 2 weeks.

Deadlifts
Barbell press or incline w' dumbells (alternating)
Barbell row or lat pull-down
Dips

4 excercises I warm up with a mile or two on treadmill and am done in about an hour. Good luck!

Oh, and definitely check out "Starting strength" to make sure your form is right on deadlift and on press, and don't do lat pull-downs behind the head that's how I got 1 of 2 injuries so far (other was a tendon behind ankle from running hard when overwight and out of practice)

not OP here, but I swam for 13 years (started at 5) and I never got muscular until I started working out at the gym simultaneously

1. take a routine
2. remove the legs exercises
3. ???
4. ???
5. PROFIT

gains?

but if you remove squats, you dont lose just one single leg exercise, you lose an exercise that trains like 5 musclegroups

99% of which are leg muscles

just do a push pull push pull split bruh

Sounds like you don't know that much about jeans bucko

dubs deserve some input

What kind of jeans bruv

I have the opposite problem

I own some expensive jeans and I lost some weight. So now my pants are baggy around my waist.

How do I increase my THICCNESS to fit in those pants again? Keep in mind they have a nice fit in the calves, the problem is in upper legs and ass.

You faggots should just trade your jean collections.

>another beginner afraid he's going to wake up huge
Just start with a normal program, and once you think your legs are getting too big stop raising the weight. You should at least maintain a certain weight and squat it, imo.

why the fuck would you spend that much on jeans, nobody will be able to tell the fucking difference between those and a $50 pair. you're a faggot

I'm a poor millennial, so I'm saving money for traveling.

This. Only one knee but car aciddent also.

Can someone recommend me some alternatives to squats?

I don't give a fuck about my legs but I do them because they apparently boost test which helps all muscle growth. I really, really hate squats though, they bore the fuck out of me and it's not because I find them hard, generally my favourite exercise is to put my max weight on a bar and curl or press and just enjoy the burn but squats bore the fuck out of me.

The reason squats give you test boostsks that they're a compound exercise that targets a lot of different groups.
You can substitute squats for a number of isolation lifts, but some of the benefits of squats, including that one, will be gone.

Ok, I'll look into that then. Thanks user, I'll probably end up back on squats but a break from the bloody things will be nice.

when in doubt do squads

not OP here either, but can anyone provide a source for this whole squats = test thing?

When squatting imagine you're pushing the floor down instead of pushing the weight up. It's kinda autistic but it might make it more entertaining.

I do something similar for deadlifts, I imagine my arms are stuck to the floor and I need to push myself up with my legs and torso only

>toning your body
Leave and never come back, faggot

That's actually a psychological trick for using your legs properly doing a DL. Focus on pushing the ground away.

Your legs aren't going to magically grow so big overnight that you bust through your jeans. Unless you wear form-fitting skinny jeans, in which case you're a faggot.

Anyway, just do pushups, pullups, crunches, and swimming to get a body like those two guys.

when you decide you don't want to have a job after you finish school.

Low-intensity calisthenics will NOT make someone look like OP's pic.

Do bodyweight squats to help with rehabilitation.

Those guys aren't big, they're just lean. Yeah, you should add in some OHP for delts and rows for traps, but OP's not asking for a real routine anyway. Also, who said anything about low-intensity?

>be me
>hear about the magic of squats on Veeky Forums
>do 5 sets of 10 bodyweight
>get sore quads the next day
How you guys lift dozens of kilos for reps and progress is beyond me. Oh well, I guess we all start somewhere.

toning = cutting, not so hard to understand bitch

its all discipline and dedication

i should only start those at the hospital in like 6 months

Buy some gymnastic rings and do a bunch of ring progressions, front lever, planche, back lever, etc.I enjoy them quite a bit and the atrophy in your lower body will actually help you.
I have sympathy. I've broken my leg several times and have had reconstructive surgery/bone transplants. It gets better.

IDGAF if they're big or not, no one looks like them by doing "pushups, pullups, crunches, and swimming"
Back when I did one-handed pushups for 8 reps and was working on a one-handed pullup progression, I didn't look as good as them.

OP reporting back in, thanks for all the answers. I think I will just do the squats, hopefully my bad knees won't get any worse, any tips on that? Also, which beginner program would be the best to achive swimmer body? (After discussion in another thread, I plan to maintain my calorie intake, hoping to take advantage of noobgains. growing muscle and lowering my bodyfat (19%) at the same time. )

Your waist is gonna grow anyways, none of those jeans will fit you actually decide to get BIG

Just do body weight squats and lunges. Do not neglect your legs.

You have to eat big and lift heavy to get big. Don't think that just doing some squats is going to make you look like Arnold in his prime.

Anaerobic exercise = muscles get bigger
Aerobic exercise = muscles shrink

When I started lifting I gained serious muscle mass on my legs. I am genetically inclined to have bigger legs, and I don't want to look like an unaesthetic ss memelord. I started road biking to lean out and shrink my quads. Worked pretty great desu.

For legs I do 3x4 until I can do 5x5. Then 5x5 until I can do 3x8 reps. Then I up the weight and start over. I'm squatting heavier with thinner quads than before. I know I'll plateau somewhere but I haven't reached it yet.
Ride my bike whenever I get the feeling that my legs are getting to big. Two or three 2hr+ bike sessions and I'm golden.

I can just imagine the girl's disappointed face when she pulls down your expensive fancy jeans and find out that you have a pair of chopstick legs

It's microruptures caused by stretching your muscles longer than they're used to (or something like that). It'll go away when they're used to the stretch, 1 week or so

except women that dont lift dont care about legs if they are not disgustingly unproportionate to the upper body. and that cant really happen easily naturally. i still agree that op should at least work legs one time a week. just dont up the weight once you get them to a decent level

Levis cost like 50 dollars a pair dumb ass

You sound like a homo. Only homos collect clothing.

underrated

Just do deadlifts, 2-3 sets a week should make your legs look passable without much diameter increase at all. Or, completely skip leg training.

>I am a really huge fan of jeans, I own like 2000$ worth of them
HAHAHAHHAHASHAHHAH WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT

>women that dont lift dont care about legs
Some women who has less standards/ is blind then yes, but they aren't as dumb as you think. They will look at all the details about men's body. They might not tell you in person, but they will talk shit about it to her girlfriends. Girls talk about it to me all the time and it's hilarious
>disgustingly un-proportionate to the upper body
Op's body will most likely be unbalanced because he's avoiding leg workout entirely for a materialistic goal.
>that cant really happen easily naturally
Very very easy. Just look around your gym next time you go in and look at every dude's legs. Their bicep is bigger than their calves lol. Having no legs are the most common thing among men.
>i still agree that op should at least work legs one time a week
I disagree personally but it's Op's body so, he can do anything he wants to it.

Mate, if you want to do legs but you are afraid of them getting super big and ruin the jeans or the visual look, just skip gym and go run.

They will get tonified, hard as a rock and the muscle won't be that big, they will get the perfect size and shape for any type of jeans you want to wear.

who the fuck cares

my family owned some clothes shop like 100 years ago, and when I found out about it I got really excited, so I became big fan of jeans

I don't really care what you think about it senpai

OP reporting back in, thanks for all the answers. I think I will just do the squats, hopefully my bad knees won't get any worse, any tips on that? Also, which beginner program would be the best to achive swimmer body? (After discussion in another thread, I plan to maintain my calorie intake, hoping to take advantage of noobgains. growing muscle and lowering my bodyfat (19%) at the same time. )

Try competitive eating. For some reason all the winners in competitive hot dog eating contests are incredibly thin, don't know why.

See the difference? They sold clothes and earned money while doing it. You're just collecting jeans like a homolord. You're embarrassing your ancestors. Sell those jeans like a proper merchant, make them proud.

That's cause after the competition they flush the food down the drain.

Don't half squat and your knees should be fine, just make sure they are tracking over your feet and not going too far out or in. Everyone is different so you'll have to experiment with how wide your stance should be and what angle your feet should be at.

To get a 'swimmer body' you should really focus on gaining as much muscle as possible while minimizing fat gain, then cut. No one has accidentally ever looked like a bodybuilder.

BTW I hope you don't have any true religion jeans. I only see 40+ year olds wearing them that are probably recently divorced and trying to look cool. They are the cringiest thing you can wear, even worse than the giant logo polo shirts.

>I am a really huge fan of jeans, I own like 2000$ worth of them

Thanks, I think I will ask for help at the gym, someone must be able to show me the correct form. True religion is mainstream crap, I mainly own designer shit from my country (almighty northeastern Pannonia).

nobody cares dude, literally nobody
some people collect coins, he collects jeans, so what, get over it

Why is it so easy to trigger fedoras?

Don't always trust people at your gym, not even personal trainers.

Are you trolling or is that a real country?

Thanks for the advice. Northeastern Pannonia was a province of Rome, which is now Hungary.

>be OP
>have shitty taste in clothing
>chose between fit-taste and shit-taste
>go with shit and snuggle jeans
>fast forward 20 years
>die alone in a mental institution

Ovetrain your legs away!
50 sets x 20 reps (or max) - twice a day.
If your piss turns brown you know it's working.

Thank for bumping. :^)

>The new trend will be comfy 90s again
already happened

Or, they get so much exercise from sucking dick, they work it all off, there are literally competitive hotdog eaters who know how to swallow hot dogs whole without chewing.

>swallow hot dogs whole without chewing.
That doesn't sound like a good time. Just imagine the shits these guys are taking.

What kind of shit?

Stick to sprints for legs, they'll look developed but still fit into slim pants

>What kind of shit?
What do you mean by this? The kind that comes out of your ass after eating 20 hot dogs whole.

either train legs or dont, whatever you do dont get past 12-15%bf as depending on ur genes ur legs may store more fat and thats what makes ur jeans not fit, not just gaining some quad muscles

not sure if u have fat legs (prob do as ur 19%bf) but thats what makes jeans ill fitting not squatting 3 plates.

if u really want to skip legs (bad idea for health) just do ICF 5x5, SL 5x5, GSLP without squatting or deadlifting or just do a bro split

I mean what that look like?

Skip....leg day? What does this mean?

Toning does not equal cutting you dumb paki

That's up for the imagination. I can't do your job for you.

>toning

I was a competitive swimmer for 4 years. You gotta do legs bro, most of your muscle gain is from dry land training and not the actual swimming itself, if that was true then working out outside of swimming wouldn't be necessary

> I am a really huge fan of jeans, I own like 2000$ worth of them

This anti toning meme has gone full cycle. Toning should be recognised as an actual approach to body composition.