Barbell cardio, is it possible?

Barbell cardio, is it possible?

Fucking hate running.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xUe8xi13vbE
youtube.com/watch?v=UmfS28JQR8c
youtube.com/watch?v=2waVex8EUfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking despise running. Will probably have to start doing it though, considering the long line of heart disease in my family.

Just do conditioning you dip. NeverSate's website has conditioning at the beginning of every day's workout, just choose some that look like good effort and do them.

It’s called crossfit

My boyfriend makes me run! I hate it. Im overweight but Its good for me.
But we also do weights cadrio by doing low weights but as fast as we can go!

I'm going to take some heat for this I'm sure because it's definitely meme-tier shit, but look into cardio acceleration. Basically you do high intensity work for a minute between sets instead of resting. I made fun of my friend who does it but I broke down and gave it a try and it definitely works and makes the workout shorter. I wouldn't recommend it when bulking, but for cutting its good when you hate running.

Use the arm cycle.

youtube.com/watch?v=xUe8xi13vbE

he is a keeper. wants to be healthy with you

Barbell Complexes

Do you recommend a specific one?

Yep. But im always thinking Im keeping him down haha. We are just starting out now. And its weird for me but he could legit be with anyone, for some reason chooses me a fat 24 year old that works as a maintenance worker and comes home with scars all the time. But hey Im 3 almost 4 months in on working out(started before I met him), and i was down 32 lbs, and hit this platue, and since we talked about even dating Ive started to slowly lose weight. Tomorrrow hes coming over and preping all my meals for the entire week with me.
Dont know why I am this lucky.

Cлaвa Укpaинe!

Just swim faggot

Do thrusters
I remembered one workout that kicked my ass it was a barbell complex where you do 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 barbell complex's and 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 burpees in between(1 complex then 10 burpee, 2 complex then 9 burpee etc.)

The complex was clean to overhead, then rack on back, squat, overhead then drop the weight. Any way to get it up either with thruster or jerk or press is up to you. You will be fucking exhausted and drenched. Pick a relatively light weight I did it with 135 but that might be a bit much depending on your conditioning/strength. There's a LOT of cardio you can do with barbells and mix it up with other exercises between. Think crossfit, yeah I know Veeky Forums faggots hate it because you're all a bunch of pussies but it beats the fuck out of boring running.

youtube.com/watch?v=UmfS28JQR8c
congrats

do Sprint Interval Training

You're welcome

Running is always the best way to clear my mind unless its on a treadmill then it just becomes agony in place.

just be yourself

Yes. Do your compound lifts to 15-20 reps.

Can't believe no one has mentioned skipping rope yet. Similar to HIIT so conducive of muscle gain and fat loss, easy after a workout, and easier on joints than running on pavement or a treadmill IMO.

No.

Just use a bike if you are too much of a pussy to run.

Maybe not barbells, but you should invest in a kettlebell. If you're at least intermediate-tier as a weight lifter you should go for a 35-lb kettlebell and use it for resistance cardio. I like to do five sets of 25 swings with a 35lb kettlebell and it works up a big sweat and gets my heart going, it even gives me the "runner's high".
youtube.com/watch?v=2waVex8EUfc

>Barbell cardio, is it possible?
Maybe, but why?

Stop being a bitch x F

Your enthusiasm is cancer!

Put 60% of your max for deadlift and rep that bitch out. I guarantee you you will get gassed before your muscles give out.
After 14 reps with 315 my lungs are screaming for air.

gay

Try Jump rope.

do 2-3 minutes with 1 minute rest for about 15-20 minutes (of jump rope.)

squat 5x10 at 50% with 60 seconds rest.

try doing 30 rep squats. It will make you want to run again.

would farmer's walk and like a 1 mile lunges be enough for your cardio development?

no rest
switch exercises between reps
hi reps
low weight

if you hate running is probably because you over-reach
think why you like lifting, and apply that to running
short light distance everyday gives you better results than burning yourself every season
and the most important thing: cardio is heart training, so don't over do it

B A R B E L L C O M P L E X E S

>NeverSate's website has conditioning at the beginning of every day's workout
Yeah, I see

>CONDITIONING - 20, 15, 10 Reps of
>Pull-Ups or Inverted Rows
>Dips or Handstand Push-Ups
>Burpees

>STRENGTH - Overhead Focus (Speed & Endurance)
>Set 1: 10 Chin-Ups or Inverted Rows
>10 Log Clean & Presses Presses (Clean Every Rep) @ 60% Of your 1RM :30 Seconds Hanging “L” Sit Holds
>10 Vertical Medicine Ball Throws
>Rest 90 Seconds and get right back to your Presses

Do dips in conditioning deacrease OHP?

I would suggest trying to enjoy running. Start off slow. People always run way too fast and end up hating it.

5x20 diddlys

No user. Your festering negativity is.

That's essentially what crossfit is supposed to be as far as I know

>any set over 5 reps

if you hate endurance running try HIIT sprints

this is the most damaging meme, stop it!

you guys irreversibly fucked up my gym buddy

just sprint

20 rep squats

How about just using the cycling machine? You can watch your favorite animu at the same time if you wish to.

I like doing burpees usually sets from 20 reps decreasing down to 1 with a short 30m jog between sets, could do planks or something between sets.

Barbell complexes are good for conditioning. So is speed work.

Try jumping rope for 10 -20 min, if you are a starter your calves will burn, also not only does it have less risk of injury than running, it also won't erode you knees and hips

I hated running too, then I started cycling to work. Not much, only 9 miles a day. Lo and behold, my cardio got better and suddenly running became actually enjoyable.