Literally what is the point of training legs?

Hear me out Veeky Forums.

Legs take a huge tax on the CNS and provide relatively little return. Have you ever heard someone miring on someone's legs outside of a gym? Someone like me already has very big legs, and the effect of training is that it looks bigger than the upper body and as a result the upper body looks small. Doing legs takes away a day of rest/upper body and doesn't benefit the rest of your lifts; the whole "hurr my IGF release" thing was debunked ages ago. On the other hand, it leaves you trashed for your next lifintg day. And no, you barely use your lower body for any of the upper body lifts, otherwise you'd get DOMS in your legs after chest day. Why train legs until you have a well developed upper body?

train your legs, but do so reasonably

starting each workout with a heavy 3x5 squat when you're a beginner and have dogshit work capacity is completely idiotic if your goal is to look better, you do all your upper body work in a compromised state and it's of a much lower quality than it otherwise would be

some of the SS coaches recognized this and started doing bench/squat/other shit instead of squat/bench/other shit, since a heavy bench workout is unlikely to hurt your squatting while a heavy squat will hurt your ability to bench or do anything else that day (GSLP is an offshoot of this)

>Someone like me already has very big legs
Of course you do buddy

nobody ever said that training legs 3x a week is a good idea, one day a week is perfectly fine and wont give you t rex legs

If done properly it is a fucking great idea and will get you some big juicy legs and booty

Nobody mires legs, but you will get laughed at for having chicken legs and a big upper body. It's just useful to do them to prevent you looking out of balance.

stop trying to make excuses you weak faggot and go squat now

almost feel like op is baiting us so we can get into a logical argument against other anons who don't train legs.

>over 50% of my saved Veeky Forums pics are lower body shots
>90% of my total saved pics have legs or booty in them

i guess in the end it all comes down to personal taste

why do you think are soccer players so often fetishized? (especially in the gay scene)
protip: not because of their arms

>why do you think are soccer players so often fetishized?
You're an idiot who has serious body dysmorphism.

No one thinks thick legs are attractive but gay guys. So come out of the closet.

t. Chicken legged faggot

not him but when i wear my regular baggy shorts i hear people in public talk about how big my calves are.

also girl do care about symmetry and legs. it's just that there are certain overall shapes that are attractive such as the meso look. it's kind of like how guys don't care girls don't workout upper. yet these girls all walk around likethey want a trex look if you think about it.

>Soccer players
>Big legs

Lower faggot

>dick covered by underwear, shirt, hand and emoji

>No one thinks thick legs are attractive but gay guys. So come out of the closet.
could you link me your fact sheet about ppls opinions and tastes?

thats exactly the idea behind it user
shifting the attention to dick by trying to shift it away from it

SYMMETRY

I imagine not training legs being unhealthy. Muscle imbalance can lead to some serious chronic pain, not to mention poor mobility and performance in everyday life. You've gotta do something, even if it's some very light squats, to prevent issues.

>Have you ever heard someone miring on someone's legs outside of a gym?

Firstly, why would you train your body not primarily for yourself but for others?
Secondly, a girl I fucked actually pointed out "there is like no gramm of fat hiding your thighs of steel", and I'm fucking DYEL for Veeky Forums standards.
Thirdly, general health, ability to perform and

Leg should not be mainly trained with lifting , it's retarded .
Run,cycle & sprint
>Inb4 muh join muh knee
Only bad running form lead to knee injury , same for squat or any other physical activity .

Get a big backpack, and fill it with jugs of water. Then go on a hike. just one 2-4 hour hike per week, and your legs and ass will be pretty nice. Helps with back, neck, and posture as well. I also usually do 3 sets of squats as well, but only if I have time in the gym. I'll never look like a true bodybuilder, but it works for an athletic build.

For athletics and quality of life. Leg muscle mass and strength is positively correlated with lifespan. Once an older person starts to no longer be able to walk on their own, their remaining lifespan is practically cut in half for both physiological health and psychological reasons. And as you can imagine, if you actually want to be able to do shit when you're older and not be a potatoe, leg strength is needed. Build it up now while you can so less will deteriate.

The point is to be balanced.